• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    hmm... at the moment, I'm gonna say I'll pass (I don't really pair cyndaquils at all...) but if Cyndaquil evolved and was proven female, i'd say yes, particularly at the Typhlosion stage. And it's certainly better than Ash and his stupid Bayleef. I hate them things. Glad he didn't give a hoot towards her advances...
    In Johto season Brock mentioned that Chikorita is the only female Pokemon of Ash's, so I'm afraid I have to say Cyndaquil is a male.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • Bayleef is cute, how dare you bash it. >O

cause I felt like it :p.

anyways, this isn't the "how could Commander Latios possibly hate this pokemon" thread, so i'm gonna bring up shippings.

Firegrassshipping is fun. Type differences aside, it's a cute couple. Blaziken and Sceptile, you cannot deny it.

In Johto season Brock mentioned that Chikorita is the only female Pokemon of Ash's, so I'm afraid I have to say Cyndaquil is a male.

well, I can genderbend, can't I? I do it all the time with Pikashipping to avoid that issue.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    cause I felt like it :p.

anyways, this isn't the "how could Commander Latios possibly hate this pokemon" thread, so i'm gonna bring up shippings.

Firegrassshipping is fun. Type differences aside, it's a cute couple. Blaziken and Sceptile, you cannot deny it.
    You remind me something, Brock's Marshtomp fell in love to a Flaffy once... I forgot what episode it is, but I remember it is Kanto Battle Frontier saga.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • well, I can genderbend, can't I?

Maybe in an AU, but if Cyndaquil is canonically male then Ash/Cyndaquil is canonically slash. Although Brock might not have said that in the original so it could be anything.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I wonder why Human x Pokemon shippings exist any way. Wouldn't that be illegal? Zoophilia or Pokephilia? Either way, Humans and Pokemon just don't intertwine, one could be arrested for that crime. But there can be a good relation but my friend, H x Ps Fail, good day sir.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • Maybe in an AU, but if Cyndaquil is canonically male then Ash/Cyndaquil is canonically slash. Although Brock might not have said that in the original so it could be anything.

exactly. And considering as the pairing ISN'T canon, anyways, i can feel free to genderbend my heart out if I want, so it's a moot point.

I wonder why Human x Pokemon shippings exist any way. Wouldn't that be illegal? Zoophilia or Pokephilia? Either way, Humans and Pokemon just don't intertwine, one could be arrested for that crime. But there can be a good relation but my friend, H x Ps Fail, good day sir.

H x Ps fail, eh? Well, I could say pearlshipping fails. But then I'd get hell for it.

As for it being illegal, that's the fun of it! that's actually a common theme in Human/Pokemon stories. And bleh, who cares, they're more intelligent than your average dog (well, except for some of the notably stupid species, like psyduck) so if anything it's acceptable to me. Just like anything with Human/Alien in Star Wars or wherever. Must I ONCE AGAIN quote a friend of mine?

You don't have to be human to be a person.

I get REALLY tired of having to throw that around, just so you know.

shedinjask

Years
  • exactly. And considering as the pairing ISN'T canon, anyways, i can feel free to genderbend my heart out if I want, so it's a moot point.

I didn't mean it was canon, I mean that canonically they're both male. You might be able to get away with it because no one really pays attention to Pokemon's genders but it's still a bad writing technique.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I don't go for the slash shippings, or anything else that falls in that category of "not the norm". Only for amusement do I read such shippings, if they make sense for some short period of time.

Commander_Latios said:

You're talking about Ash's Sceptile and May's Blaziken? That would go the same way is Vineshipping, which in term would lead to...no. No *shakes head*.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Firegrassshipping? What a load of... BUbble SHower. Seriously. After Sceptile's infatuation with Meganium, I really don't think the comparison afterwards makes sense. I could just make a fusion sprite of their baby after I play COD4. 0_o'

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012

Illegal? If it was our world, it most likely would be. However, there's two things that really blow the 'zomg bestiality!' scream of wank clear out of the water:

1) Original Sinnoh myths in the Japanese version. Once upon a time in ye old medival age of darkness, pokémon and humans could join in marriage or something of the ilk. Dig it, kid.

2) Do you what the laws on their modern world are in relation to humans and pokémon having relationships beyond friendship? NO! Because no one in the show or otherwise have stated pro- or anti-pokéloving rules. Which means there might not be anything against it. It might be a practice not often exercised, but there's no way of telling how a relationship like that is viewed in their world today.

and a bonus 3) Pokémon =/= animals. Common argument in the debate for H/P couples, but you can't argue that pokémon of all types exert enough human-level intelligence to actually ignitiate consent of partnership in any way possible. Animals are just that: dumb beasts that can't consent for crap (and that's what ultimately makes it wrong, beyond the obvious). Pokémon can bloody communicate with humans. They can display a whole range of very human emotion and intellect, that is natural and universal through all species. Show me a scorpion who would tap you on the leg if it wanted to be fed, knowing you were its caregiver and provider.

...I'm not an advocate for H/P sexings. I am an advocate for H/P love-beyond-the-platonic, which means, yes, beyond friendship and not in a soul mate sort of way. The sort of love you have with your girlfriend. Just without sex. Because they aren't exclusive terms, love and sex. So nyah. Harrison/Blaziken rocks my socks, yo.

Radouti

Better than you
    Years
  • I had to post NeedleShipping! Harley and James are like, the only gay guys in the anime. >_<
    James is not homosexual. He has been attracted to members of the opposite sex (Jessie, Kate, and Giselle). Plus, he yells at the salesman in "A Ghost of a Chance" who makes a pass at him, "I'm not looking for any guy!" Besides, when has he ever shown attraction to a male? Never.

So he is flamboyant and cross-dresses. That does not make a person homosexual. I am a butch female and cross-dress on a regular basis. However, I am heterosexual.

Harley is without a doubt a stereotypical homosexual male. I do not ship him with anyone in the show. However, someone mentioned in an old topic that he or she thinks he would go great with Captain Hook from Disney's Peter Pan. I have to agree. They would make a fabulous couple XD

And in case anyone's wondering, I like:
    Rocketshipping (Jessie x James)
    Diamondshipping (Giovanni x Delia)
    Carnivalshipping (Butler x Diane)
    Contestshipping (Drew x May)

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
  • James is not homosexual. He has been attracted to members of the opposite sex (Jessie, Kate, and Giselle). Plus, he yells at the salesman in "A Ghost of a Chance" who makes a pass at him, "I'm not looking for any guy!" Besides, when has he ever shown attraction to a male? Never.

So he is flamboyant and cross-dresses. That does not make a person homosexual. I am a butch female and cross-dress on a regular basis. However, I am heterosexual.

Harley is without a doubt a stereotypical homosexual male. I do not ship him with anyone in the show. However, someone mentioned in an old topic that he or she thinks he would go great with Captain Hook from Disney's Peter Pan. I have to agree. They would make a fabulous couple XD

And in case anyone's wondering, I like:
    Rocketshipping (Jessie x James)
    Diamondshipping (Giovanni x Delia)
    Carnivalshipping (Butler x Diane)
    Contestshipping (Drew x May)

Contestshipping? CONTESTSHIPPING!!!!!!!
    Sorry about that lil' fit there.

Anyways, CONTESTING WILL NEVER WORK!!!

Don't you see Drew teasing her? Do you actually think May will love him if he's like this?

Spoiler:

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
  • I wonder why Human x Pokemon shippings exist any way. Wouldn't that be illegal? Zoophilia or Pokephilia? Either way, Humans and Pokemon just don't intertwine, one could be arrested for that crime. But there can be a good relation but my friend, H x Ps Fail, good day sir.
    I never said that Ash x Cyndaquil was of a sexual nature. And besides, the criminal statures you are referring to are argumentative in my POV. To me, anything with a soul is fair game. Pokémon have souls (remember Lavender Town and its tower), so these H-P ships are, in my interpetation of (insert Bible, Torah, or Koran here) legit. Now, to use difference in species as an aggravating factor in a case worthy of Law & Order: SVU is also legit.

Icicle Dance, remember Brock has been wrong before, so that could be argumentative.

Pokémon > animals. Common argument in the debate for H/P couples, but you can't argue that pokémon of all types exert enough human-level intelligence to actually ignitiate consent of partnership in any way possible. Animals are just that: dumb beasts that can't consent for crap (and that's what ultimately makes it wrong, beyond the obvious). Pokémon can bloody communicate with humans. They can display a whole range of very human emotion and intellect, that is natural and universal through all species. Show me a scorpion who would tap you on the leg if it wanted to be fed, knowing you were its caregiver and provider.
    Same deal.

Pokémon have souls!

As for something a little bit different, I couldn't find a name for the Ash x Cyndaquil ship. So I made one. Strelashipping

I'll tell you my inspiration if you ask...

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The stupidest dream I've ever had last night cotained this:

Dawn x Paul

Misty x some unknown guy

Ash the 50 year old virgin.

I am traumatized so I shall not go into any details.

Minuteman, remember it's NOT your opinion that matters. It's logic, generality, popularity, and primary writer's opinion. The only reason some shippings aren't crazy is because they are possible, accepted, and logical. Ash x Cydaquil is NOT logical, NOT Popular, It's not possible, and the writer's opinion is pie, because of improbability.

Pokemon x Human shippings are not possible. As plain as that.

shedinjask

Years
  • Did you read Frostik's post or do I have to quote it? It was canonically CONFIRMED in D/P, and you don't know the writer's intent so don't try that. They don't show people having sex in an episode but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. They hardly show any serious romance at all, now are you going to tell me no one falls in love? Pokemon have had crushes on humans before (three times iirc, four if you count Latias but no one can agree on who kissed him) and no one was acting like 'OMG BEASTIALITY'. Brock thought it was cute.

Logical? Lucario is as intelligent as any human and he obviously loved Aaron in at least a platonic way, so yeah, it's logical. Accepted? Oh yes, because that certainly determines love. Popular? What the hell? Popularity means nothing. A million people can like a ship but that doesn't mean it's good or makes sense. But that doesn't mean they can't still like it.

I assume you're going to go protest human/alien lovings now because OH NO THEY'RE DIFFERENT SPECIES IT MATTERS SO MUCH.

You're borderline bashing now and I will not stand for it. You don't have to like my ships but don't insult them like that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    No one seemed to bat an eye at Meowth and Cassandra from early on in the series, mind. He seemed pretty willing to stay with her, for all that she did for him. And IIRC, Meowth was smitten with her.

Oh look, evidence of pokémon loving a human as early as episode 44 of the whole series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back