• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This is... the official shipping debate thread. Where... you debate on shippings. Duh. -_-

Since topics seem to be cluttered with "MISTY AND ASH 4EVA!" then "WHAAAAT?! IT'S MAY AND ASH FOO!!", let's just make a topic to keep everything in. At least to keep things organized.

Feel free to defend your favorite shippings, and crush the ones you hate. Because, that's the whole point.

Oh, and try not to kill each other with meaningless bashing.

Ok, since no one obviously wants to post (11 views but no replies?), so let's debate about Pokeshipping first. Just because that really fuels my fire.

Soo, once an AAML fan comes here, we can get things started...

Last edited:

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
Years
I think Misty and Ash make the perfect couple! ^_^ They both pick on each other, but deep inside, I think they like each other!

Hoshi

just myself....
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2015
I'd like Satoshi and Hakura. They look so cute together! =3

Years
Now that some people have FINALLY replied, we can get a debate going! *evil smirk*

Sooooo, since we're doing Pokeshipping hints first, let's discuss hints. Liiike... The Rudy episode.

I see many AAML fans claiming that Ash was jealous in that episode, but I didn't see any hint of envy.

Ash didn't even seem to realize what was going on, and you would think if he really WERE jealous, he could keep ranting on and on about it like Misty did. Instead, Ash seemed oblivious to the whole thing, and even at the end when Rudy said he was a lucky guy. Did Ash react in a real positive way? No. He just seemed as dense as ever IMO.

KARR

Master Nerd
Years
For the psychological analysis of the problem, gimmeh the group's ages. Thenb we'll talk.

Years
Ash has been pretty much oblivious to nearly every hint he's ever gotten o_0; Or maybe that's just me xD
That's... the point. Even oblivious guys seem to get jealous (Inuyasha, Lloyd, etc).

For the psychological analysis of the problem, gimmeh the group's ages. Thenb we'll talk.
Ages? The only REAL ages we know is that Ash was/is 10 and May is 10. Most assume Max is 8. I THINK I read somewhere that Misty was officially ten, but I'm not sure if that source was truthful. Not to mention most think she's older than Ash by a year or two. These are just my guesses:

Ash - 14
May - 10 - 11 (Depending if a year's gone by in Hoenn)
Misty - 15
Brock - ... 17? 16?
Max - 8

And so on... But it could be possible that they haven't aged at all. We don't really know.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
I think it's going to be had cus the may and misty lovers.Well something safe i like Phoebe,Aj Brendan,May and Tracey,Dasiy!^^ my most fave!

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
Years
misty_moon said:
Ash has been pretty much oblivious to nearly every hint he's ever gotten o_0; Or maybe that's just me xD

The fact that Ash is so oblivious to anything related to love is what makes his character awesome and funny. As much as I like Ash, he is quite dense in this department, and that's what sets him apart from other characters (in Pokemon and anime in general).

Years
The fact that Ash is so oblivious to anything related to love is what makes his character awesome and funny. As much as I like Ash, he is quite dense in this department, and that's what sets him apart from other characters (in Pokemon and anime in general).
There lots of guys that are tactless in anime, what are you talking about? o.0

So much for the debating...

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
Years
cold_katanagirl said:
There lots of guys that are tactless in anime, what are you talking about? o.0

So much for the debating...

Okay, they may be tactless, but Ash is set apart from them in his own unique way... which goes back to my original statement.

misty_moon

~Save the dub!
Years

LOL, yeah, I like that about him too xD It's just... funny xP He's so clueless!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 30, 2007
it'd be May and Max. i bet they get married even...or it can be misty and may.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I actually think IncestShipping is quite cute. It may be illegal in most countries but anyting's legal in Pokemon world except for "evil teams", Pokemon poaching and stuff like Pokemon medical malpractice:
Nurse Joy: I'm sorry (insert random trainer's name) I accidently wet your Charmander's tail. Do you have Pokemon insurance?
I'm not even sure if PMM is illegal.
Well anyway, in PKMN land, anything can happen XD

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
Years
Are y'all still discussing Pokeshipping or what...? ^^;;
Well, if you all are, I'd say that Pokeshipping is really one of the only shippings where the hints are pronounciated and actually "there." Such as in Pokemon 2000 movie director (or something...) review, he states that the "hints" of Ash and Misty should be clear, and it should also be clear that they like each other. With Ash and May, it's more of a "brother" and "sister" relationship; think about it; in what cases has May actually almost confessed that she likes Ash, and likewise? And as in Pokeshipping, Misty practically spelled out "I love you, Ash" and Ash, being the clueless and popular character of the series, ocassionally blushes and envies the men around Misty.
So, got much rebuttals to this?
Oh, and if we're talking about May and Max getting married, it's a cute idea (though I'd support Contestshipping over it... o.o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back