• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Did you read Frostik's post or do I have to quote it? It was canonically CONFIRMED in D/P, and you don't know the writer's intent so don't try that. They don't show people having sex in an episode but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. They hardly show any serious romance at all, now are you going to tell me no one falls in love? Pokemon have had crushes on humans before (three times iirc, four if you count Latias but no one can agree on who kissed him) and no one was acting like 'OMG BEASTIALITY'. Brock thought it was cute.

Logical? Lucario is as intelligent as any human and he obviously loved Aaron in at least a platonic way, so yeah, it's logical. Accepted? Oh yes, because that certainly determines love. Popular? What the hell? Popularity means nothing. A million people can like a ship but that doesn't mean it's good or makes sense. But that doesn't mean they can't still like it.

I assume you're going to go protest human/alien lovings now because OH NO THEY'RE DIFFERENT SPECIES IT MATTERS SO MUCH.

You're borderline bashing now and I will not stand for it. You don't have to like my ships but don't insult them like that.

No one seemed to bat an eye at Meowth and Cassandra from early on in the series, mind. He seemed pretty willing to stay with her, for all that she did for him. And IIRC, Meowth was smitten with her.

Oh look, evidence of pokémon loving a human as early as episode 44 of the whole series.
    Guys we are supose to be talking about shipping debates here. Not arguing if are PokemonXHuman capable. I don't think there is limit on pairings, since these characters are fictional characters only, not in real world. So we shouldn't talk to seriously about these things.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
    Guys we are supose to be talking about shipping debates here. Not arguing if are PokemonXHuman capable. I don't think there is limit on pairings, since these characters are fictional characters only, not in real world. So we shouldn't talk to seriously about these things.
    -Punches self- Why didn't I realize that?

I'll stand down my warheads and begin my 'lurker' personality here.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    I think this definitely falls under the category of 'shipping debates', since 'h/p is so gross and wrong and impossible' is a common counterpoint to any h/p shipping. We should be able to refute it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Ah, but shedinja's right. Arguing and debating aren't that much different, and human/pokémon couples do fall under 'shipping', so in essence, we're falling under what the thread's designated for.

Besides, we're not trying to make him like it. We're simply trying to prove it's not a) impossible to happen and b) just as viable and legit as any human/human or pokémon/pokémon couple, in terms of acceptance. So he can continue to dislike it, but stop claiming "it's impossible". 'Cuz it's not.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    There is however, no canon proof of that for present laws. And it would be default to human society that that would be wrong, illegal, and Pokezoophilic. Yes as you said it was legal in ancient times, but those were ANCIENT times, before proper development to human society. And you can't confirm either that it's legal today.

shedinjask

Years
    You can't prove it's illegal. Apparently it's not unheard of for Pokemon to have crushes on people, and no one freaks about about it, so it's safe to assume it's at least above polygamy's level is in our world.

Oh but legality means everything in shipping! Your love for someone is directly proportional to how much your relationship with them is accepted.

You sicken me.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    That would only be possible if I were the AIDS.

As I've said, there is no proof for legality either. And Human Society in nearly all the Developed countries disapprove of Zoophilia. The Pokemon world is Developed to ain't it? So morally, even if it were legal, it would be a total rejection. But it's most likely illegal...

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    That would only be possible if I were the AIDS.

As I've said, there is no proof for legality either. And Human Society in nearly all the Developed countries disapprove of Zoophilia. The Pokemon world is Developed to ain't it? So morally, even if it were legal, it would be a total rejection. But it's most likely illegal...

Let's see... so, it has to be human/human, eh?

then... what about other series pairings? Like FemRevan and Juhani from Knights of the Old Republic? (I don't support it, BUT IT IS THERE IN THE GAME, so it counts.) Juhani isn't of the same species. Or, my personal favorite, which has been, as far as I can tell, confirmed canon, Artemis and Holly from Artemis Fowl? Are those bad, too?

it gets really annoying seeing that, considering that some pokemon (Gardevoir, for example) are so close to human it isn't even funny. To repeat what Frostik said, most of them (with the exception of a lot of bug types) convey as many emotions as the average human being does. But, by your logic, because they're of a different species, it can't possibly work.

You're right about one thing though. Human/Pokemon sexings tend not to do well. Especially when grass types or tentacool/tentacruel/octillery are involved. that's some sick stuff right there...

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Pretty obvious those series sound like they take place in a medieval pre-developed world. So that makes no excuse for the legality proof in the Pokemon World. Also, I agree to the fact that Pokemon Emotions do go to the level of Humans but Society considers it wrong. Like some African tribes don't see sacrifice as murder because they are UNDERdeveloped, as for modern western society, they are more developed on right and wrong and from an opinion with a fact, zoophilia is Illegal. There is no excuse for Pokezoophilia not to be.

Commander_Latios

Years
    Pretty obvious those series sound like they take place in a medieval pre-developed world. So that makes no excuse for the legality proof in the Pokemon World. Also, I agree to the fact that Pokemon Emotions do go to the level of Humans but Society considers it wrong. Like some African tribes don't see sacrifice as murder because they are UNDERdeveloped, as for modern western society, they are more developed on right and wrong and from an opinion with a fact, zoophilia is Illegal. There is no excuse for Pokezoophilia not to be.

about KOTOR and Artemis - Neither of them are underdeveloped civilizations. Knights is a star wars game (3000 years before the main timeline, but their technology still makes up look like neanderthals in comparison) and Artemis Fowl is a modern setting in the REAL WORLD except with Fantasy and Sci-Fi elements (elves with lasers and stuff) and both of those have human-to-other species pairings in them. It should be the same for pokemon.

besides, as before stated, not only was it accepted in ancient days here in the Pokemon series, but as also stated, NOBODY FREAKED OUT when Chikorita started her little thing, if fact, they thought it was cute ('cept for Ash, he thought it was annoying as far as memory serves, although that's probably cause of the fact that she'd get distracted from battling.)

I could rant and rave for hours, but i'm just two levels away from beating Crysis on Delta, so I'm going to get back to it.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    God Bless America. It needs it.

Obviously those aren't from Japan anyway. So you can't disprove me in any way if has no relation to the Japanese.

shedinjask

Years
    Obviously those aren't from Japan anyway. So you can't disprove me in any way if has no relation to the Japanese.

The Pokemon world isn't necessarily Japanese. I bring up Phoenix Wright, which although is made in Japan, is set in America. There' no telling what planent/dimension Pokemon is set in, and so American laws apply to them just as much as Japanese. And I'm sure you could find plenty of Japanese anime/manga/games with cross species relationships.

Listen, we don't know how things are in their world. We can't compare their rules to ours because WE DON'T HAVE POKEMON. It's not In fact, one manga (Magical Pipipi Adventures, I think it's called) had Pokemon crushing on their trainers as a common and recurring theme. Since two canons openly accept it, and one doesn't mind it, I'd say it's more likely that it's at least legal.

You can keep talking but I'm not going to listen because I'm too busy reading hot Waternarcshipping lemons :DD

Commander_Latios

Years
    God Bless America. It needs it.

And THIS is such a lousy counter it's not even FUNNY. You realize that AF's author is from... Ireland, I think... And George Lucas is American. Where it comes from doesn't matter, the point is: They have cross-species Relationships involved, and yet nobody's getting all over them cause of "OMG BESTIALITY!"

I AM aware that Elves and... whatever it was juhani is... LOOK more human than some pokemon, but in terms of emotional, spiritual, etc... status, they're equal. they aren't dumb animals, they have feelings, rational thought, personalities... you name it.

shedinjask said:
    You can keep talking but I'm not going to listen because I'm too busy reading hot Waternarcshipping lemons :DD

You disturb me. A LOT. I don't even have to guess it's probably some sickening yaoi lemon more than likely written by sick-minded fangirls. How ANYBODY can tolerate that level of it is beyond me.

You make a good point about the japanese thing, but then completely draw attention away from said point by saying something that more than likely will leave the rest of us scarred for life. nice job.

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    And THIS is such a lousy counter it's not even FUNNY. You realize that AF's author is from... Ireland, I think... And George Lucas is American. Where it comes from doesn't matter, the point is: They have cross-species Relationships involved, and yet nobody's getting all over them cause of "OMG BESTIALITY!"

I AM aware that Elves and... whatever it was juhani is... LOOK more human than some pokemon, but in terms of emotional, spiritual, etc... status, they're equal. they aren't dumb animals, they have feelings, rational thought, personalities... you name it.

You disturb me. A LOT. I don't even have to guess it's probably some sickening yaoi lemon more than likely written by sick-minded fangirls. How ANYBODY can tolerate that level of it is beyond me.

You make a good point about the japanese thing, but then completely draw attention away from said point by saying something that more than likely will leave the rest of us scarred for life. nice job.

Same thing here for me. It's probably some sicking shipping like BlueShipping (Glaceon,Leafon and Flareon having a threesome).

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Same thing here for me. It's probably some sicking shipping like BlueShipping (Glaceon,Leafon and Flareon having a threesome).
    And you don't know your 'ships. Blueshipping is James/Meowth.

List for a reason: htpp://freewebs.com/incompletelove

Now, see, talking from a 'developed society' point of view, may I point out that if it was commonly practiced in ancient times, and if pokémon crushing on humans is NOT always seen with absolute revulsion today (take in-canon examples into consideration), then I don't think it's a common practice, BUT I don't think it's illegal. Pokémon maybe not be prominent members of society like humans obviously are, and are still considered pets, tools, and free labor (save Meowth; he's been corrupted by human society's economy), they aren't without merit to the world.

Pokémon are not animals. What part of them HAVING EMOTION just like a human does you not understand? If a pokémon makes a conscious CHOICE to feel beyond platonic affection for a human, what's to stand that it cannot be reversed?

We can't prove it's legal, you can't prove it's illegal. When given evidence of legality in the past, no evidence either way in the future, and examples of romantic choice in the present, logic concludes the practice might still be in use without total discrimination, simply because pokémon are conscious creatures living in our society.

shedinjask

Years

It's not sickening, it's awesome. Wallace is so in love with his wonderful Milotic (who doesn't have a confirmed gender btw, also we might agree now but the second you start ripping on yaoi I'm going to tear into you).

It's not like you knew what it was before I told you, you could have just imagined it as something you like BUT NO you had to be so judgemental.

Commander_Latios

Years
    It's not sickening, it's awesome. Wallace is so in love with his wonderful Milotic (who doesn't have a confirmed gender btw, also we might agree now but the second you start ripping on yaoi I'm going to tear into you).

What's awesome to some people is sickening to others. If you said you liked bible black (if you do, then i pity you for having such a sick mind you can actually enjoy seeing that) i'd say it was sickening. and most people here would back me up, i'll bet.

It's not like you knew what it was before I told you, you could have just imagined it as something you like BUT NO you had to be so judgemental.

ok, you've got me there. But then, how the heck was i supposed to know? you didn't explain and my internet filters are acting up, so it's not like I could check.

as for me being judgemental, I think I have a right. once you see bible black all the way through... *shudders* you may never read lemons again (unless you're one of the uber-perverted BB fanboys who thinks it's the best show ever...)

there's my reasoning. you still wanna have a go at me?

shedinjask

Years
    But then, how the heck was i supposed to know?

I didn't say you were supposed to, I said you were to ignore it. If you think I have sickening shipping interests and then say something like this:

I don't even have to guess it's probably some sickening yaoi lemon more than likely written by sick-minded fangirls.

Then you should expect me to explain it to you, and expect it to be something you don't like. It's not that hard to use simple logic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back