• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
  • I am working on my game Pokemon Crimson Skies. I am trying to finish mapping the region (approx. 40% done) and find other useful resources (mostly tiles). We need a spriter for that(I have a post in Team Recruitment for anyone interested) or I need to find tile' on the internet. I have found a good deal of tiles luckily.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Just completed V1 of the translation file for b-mon, almost 3000 lines of translatable text. Also fixing/catching glitches, especially the infamous sleep glitch. Also added sprite for alternate form farfetch'd although that's barely important

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Currently working on a co-op system and alternate battle system, dubbed "full scale battles", for essentials.

The systems are intended to work together, yet the co-op system should also work in the regular battle system and other areas within the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    It's not so much myself working on this but what someone else has, Nickalooose.
    She's been changing the battle a little so that Pokémon can evolve during battle.
    That's right, --->evolve during battle<---.
    I'm lacking in the skills to script and with Nickalooose being back on the scene a little more she decided to help me with an idea I had.
    That idea was merely something simple like evolving in battle.
    Just because in the anime, Pokémon do that.

Nickalooose doesn't mind me posting on her behalf as long as I credit her.

So here is what she's been working on with a quick play through to show it works (apologies for the slow frame rate video, she downloaded a program for free just for this video but you can see what has been created):

http://youtu.be/SJpI0MtS0b8

All credits go to Nickalooose, for the video and the scripts. It was just an idea I had.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • - Working on ! -
    Hoenn maps
    Mega Evos
    Ancient-Evos
    Flying to Different Regions on Back of Pokemon
    Pokemon TV ( Pokemon Channel )
    A Kit For RAGEZONE

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Since ---- insists on posting what I'm working on, I may as well post myself lol.

I'm working on a different way of flying, because I don't think the way it works in the games looks right... I'm all up for Fly being able to take you places quicker, but I believe more in realism and I don't think a Pidgey flying you half way around the region is what it's cracked up to be... So I'm changing it so that you control the fly and can fly between maps at a quicker pace than walking, but not as quick as riding a bicycle... However... The upsides to my new way of flying is the ability to fly across water, so you don't necessarily need a Pokémon who can surf, in your team... My new way also avoids trainers and normal wild battles...

Although, I just said that, this is also allowing me to introduce my interpretation of Sky Battles, with my new Flying method, you can now get in to sky battles, if trainers own a bunch of birdies (or Pokémon that can appear in sky battles), they will still challenge you, but you will only be able to use Pokémon that can battle in the air, some flying types and levitating/floating Pokémon for example... Also, while in Fly "mode", you will encounter a new set of wild battles, that will allow a new bunch of possibilities to find rare Pokémon.

Some things I need to do in it though:
    Make certain moves not work. (if anyone would like to tell me what the battle message says when using a banned move, that would be great)
    Metronome failing with certain moves. (I assume the message displayed here is "But it failed!" but if anyone can shine some light on that, it would be appreciated.)
    Battle backgrounds. (not really any rush)
    Battle bases. (I'm looking to remove these really.)

Here's a short video of how it looks so far:
    http://youtu.be/jN1kHTzSZV0

You select the move Fly from the Pokémon party screen, return to the main map and viola... Fly around... I've kept somethings still impassable, rocks, mountains, ledges (but I'm considering changing this one), trees, buildings etc. etc. Just so you can't fly to the edge of the map and probably cause some error, so you still got to follow within the path, it's just quicker and you can avoid trainer battles (in some cases)... I haven't added any trainers who can sky battle because I'm not working on the eventing for my game, someone else is, so the likelihood of a lot of sky battling trainers, is not very high... But who knows, I might come back to game dev soon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Currently working in an engine that simulates the facebook game Marvel Avengers Alliance. I´m focusing in the battle system,that´s why it look a little wierd. Anyone play that game?
    Spoiler:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I've just cut the size of Essentials by a little over 10MB, solely by optimising the graphics using OptiPNG. You may have thought it was pointless to worry about the file sizes of graphics when audio takes up so much more space, but it makes a difference.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
    Years
  • What are you working on at the moment, in the game development sense? Are you making maps, fixing bugs, finding resources, wondering whether new feature X is worth it, learning how to do something...? Anything, really. Just drop in and talk about what's up.

------------------------------------------------

At the moment I'm looking at the 125-ish new animations that need adding to Essentials, and wondering whether to knock up a script to easily rearrange animations (to keep everything in order). It should be easy enough to do; I've made a few such lists recently for other things. I don't know if it's worth trying to integrate it into the Animation Editor, though.

I'm currently trying to make Essentials work again. But it is probably my PC, and not Essentials.

Years
  • I'm currently taking apart overworlds from PMD games so it will be easier to customize and to be able to make certain things appear above the player character. After that i'm probably start doing the story and possibly finally post about my game.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I thought the Move Relearner screen in Essentials was looking a bit rough, so I tidied it up a little.

Spoiler:

I like that, but I have never liked "box" selection... Like how you got the red box around Thundershock... I prefer the graphics to be lit up, like how the party screen is, where at one point it's dark blue, if you highlight the Pokémon, it's light blue... I don't know if you're following any of the games, but that's my preference.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I like that, but I have never liked "box" selection... Like how you got the red box around Thundershock... I prefer the graphics to be lit up, like how the party screen is, where at one point it's dark blue, if you highlight the Pokémon, it's light blue... I don't know if you're following any of the games, but that's my preference.
    It's how HGSS does it. But since I rearranged elements because what HGSS has doesn't look great, I suppose I can make a change here too.

The gold highlight appears in HGSS only when a move is clicked on, but I've changed it to make it always show instead.

Spoiler:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    It's how HGSS does it. But since I rearranged elements because what HGSS has doesn't look great, I suppose I can make a change here too.

The gold highlight appears in HGSS only when a move is clicked on, but I've changed it to make it always show instead.

Spoiler:

That's looking better, can the text have a changed color slightly, maybe the moves that aren't highlighted can be grey instead of white and possibly darken the type symbols a little?
    I think it's getting better at least.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I see no reason to dim any text. It's supposed to be a list of moves, so all the options should be visible. Those text colours are the standards used all over the place, as are the type icons.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Working on adding Pokemon Fitness & Character Select & Netplay Master v4
    If anyone knows how to add in Netplay or would like to help please Message Me please.

Back