• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • The first time I heard of a Water/Flying Pokémon, it was Wingull lines as well, because I think it's pretty good on its own way, even though Pelipper's moveset was mostly for defensive purposes (Stockpile and Protect among others).

And I agree, that Swanna is more focused on offensive moves, which can be powerful if executed well like what Hikari mentioned earlier, probably that's why Skyla the Gym Leader choose Swanna as the ace in her team, despite she being specialized in Flying-type Gym in general, and it clearly shows in Ash's battle with her in the anime.

I'm sure Water/Flying type, despite having some weakness like Rock and Electric moves, can make up for it if executed right.

Years
  • Hi ive kinda been inactive lately but im back
    Now lets see water/flying types
    Swanna can be very powerful if used well
    Pellipper isnt that powerful but i love him for his typing and he is decent in PU
    Mantine is a decent low tier mon (I will admit I have lost games to it)
    Gyarados is a bit iffy on the flying thing but it is its typing nonetheless so,
    Gyarados is a Great d-dance sweeper nuff said

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hi ive kinda been inactive lately but im back
    Now lets see water/flying types
    Swanna can be very powerful if used well
    Pellipper isnt that powerful but i love him for his typing and he is decent in PU
    Mantine is a decent low tier mon (I will admit I have lost games to it)
    Gyarados is a bit iffy on the flying thing but it is its typing nonetheless so,
    Gyarados is a Great d-dance sweeper nuff said

Wow it has been ages since I last saw you. :o

I'm not even the owner of this club now. X'D

And on the topic, Water/Flying is interesting as it provides a defensive protection again the Grass-type moves. While being a part Water-type kind of negates the Rock-type weakness. So the typing is actually useful, particularly in-games. (:

Speaking of the Flying-types, do not forget to vote for your favorite Flying-type Pokemon! (Click here to enter the voting thread)

Don't forget the monthly PGen CoTM votes as well. (Click here to enter the voting thread)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not even the owner of this club now. X'D

And on the topic, Water/Flying is interesting as it provides a defensive protection again the Grass-type moves. While being a part Water-type kind of negates the Rock-type weakness. So the typing is actually useful, particularly in-games. (:

Well, he's still sort-of a "co-owner" helping me with stuff. But yes, I'm the official captain of this ship now. Speaking of that, awesome to see Draskk here again! I really missed seeing you in this club.

The fact the Water-type counters the Rock weakness easily leaves pretty much Electric as the only real threat to the Water/Flying combination. It's quite defensively good, such as the aforementioned neutrality to Grass.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Water doesn't resist Rock, so Water/Flying types are still weak to it. If anything, you're talking about Water being super effective against Rock. ;)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Water doesn't resist Rock, so Water/Flying types are still weak to it. If anything, you're talking about Water being super effective against Rock. ;)

Yeah, that was what we meant. :D

How about a hot fresh typing to spice up the conversation a bit? Let's talk about the unofficial Water/Fire-typing this time. (Yes I know, there's an unreleased Pokemon with this typing, but for now we'll pretend it doesn't exist; Keep in mind, we are only talking about the typing's chemistry rather than a Pokemon or its evolutionary family).

On your marks, get set and splash!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    How about a hot fresh typing to spice up the conversation a bit? Let's talk about the unofficial Water/Fire-typing this time. (Yes I know, there's an unreleased Pokemon with this typing, but for now we'll pretend it doesn't exist; Keep in mind, we are only talking about the typing's chemistry rather than a Pokemon or its evolutionary family).
    You really need to work on your topic-changing skills. :P

I'd imagine a Fire/Water type as a special attacker, since a lot of Fire and Water type moves are special based anyway. Stuff like Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hydro Pump and the best move in the game: Scald.

In a way Water/Fire is pretty close to Water/Grass, in that it combines two of the primary typings (because that's the types starter Pokemon have), so it's something we definitely need more of.

Years
  • While we know of the likely event mythical Pokemon Volcanion, currently unreleased, has this unique type combination. And looking at it on paper, it is a really complimentary combination as far as types are concerned.

It only has three weaknesses - Electric, Ground and Rock, but the latter two don't threaten it easily since those types are mainly weak to Water anyway. The secondary Fire-type can also fend off common Grass-types which tend to pose a threat to out watery creatures, but with this combination we don't have to resort to Ice Beam like most other Water-types do.

And as R.F. said, we've only had one dual type combination combining two starter types so far, so I do hope we see a Water/Fire (and Grass/Fire as well) to complete the trio.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You really need to work on your topic-changing skills. :P

I'd imagine a Fire/Water type as a special attacker, since a lot of Fire and Water type moves are special based anyway. Stuff like Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hydro Pump and the best move in the game: Scald.

In a way Water/Fire is pretty close to Water/Grass, in that it combines two of the primary typings (because that's the types starter Pokemon have), so it's something we definitely need more of.

Too much special attacker for Water and Fire 7.8.

Personally I would prefer a Water/Fire Physical Attacker. As it needs access to priority moves such as Aqua Jet, and this is very true if this Pokemon retains the Glass Cannon trait from its Fire-typing.

As a Physical Attacker, we will want to expect it to learn Earthquake for coverage. Aqua Tail, Waterfall or Crabhammer are great STAB moves, as for the Fire-type STAB move, there's Flare Blitz, Fire Punch.

Okay, I do admit I'm straying too far. I'll elaborate more on the typing's chemistry on my following respond.

While we know of the likely event mythical Pokemon Volcanion, currently unreleased, has this unique type combination. And looking at it on paper, it is a really complimentary combination as far as types are concerned.

It only has three weaknesses - Electric, Ground and Rock, but the latter two don't threaten it easily since those types are mainly weak to Water anyway. The secondary Fire-type can also fend off common Grass-types which tend to pose a threat to out watery creatures, but with this combination we don't have to resort to Ice Beam like most other Water-types do.

And as R.F. said, we've only had one dual type combination combining two starter types so far, so I do hope we see a Water/Fire (and Grass/Fire as well) to complete the trio.

Water/Fire are one of those typings that create the almost perfect synergy, as the typing allows it to blow 2/3 weaknesses already. Electric-types shouldn't be a concern too, as Water and Fire type moves are able to hit Electric-types with ease. Just imagine if a Pokemon with this typing are able to learn Ground-type moves. (:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Too much special attacker for Water and Fire 7.8.

Personally I would prefer a Water/Fire Physical Attacker. As it needs access to priority moves such as Aqua Jet, and this is very true if this Pokemon retains the Glass Cannon trait from its Fire-typing.
    I can easily see a special Water/Fire type being based on geysirs/hot springs, but what would a physical attacker actually be based on?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I can easily see a special Water/Fire type being based on geysirs/hot springs, but what would a physical attacker actually be based on?

Loihi shrimp, a unique kind of shrimp that dwells near then volcanically active waters (Hydrothermal Vents).

We can also have limpet, perhaps a Water/Fire counterpart of the Shellder line or even a new evolution for Shellder! It works as none of the Pokedex entries have explicitly stated that it lives in the cold waters. :P

While giant tube worms do not look like Physical Attackers, I'd like to mention this unique species and of course they bellong to the Water/Fire typing since they live along/near the loihi shrimps and limpets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_tube_worm

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I've been missing for a while from here :X

Loihi shrimp, a unique kind of shrimp that dwells near then volcanically active waters (Hydrothermal Vents).]

This should totally be a Pokémon in some form.

For the general question at hand (I guess?), I would love to see a Water/Fire-type Pokémon, considering my love for Fire-types and how I ALWAYS use a Water-type Pokémon in-game since they're so useful.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Bumping this to remind you guys that voting for Water-types (and also Normal-types) in the Favorite Pokemon Tournament has commenced. It's the last week before the grand finale so make sure all your votes count!

Vote for your fave Water-types here now!
    It's odd for the Water type poll to appear so late during the whole voting process. It's one of the most important types in the game, so you'd think it would appear earlier. But who knows, maybe it's because good things always come later, so I guess it's alright.

Frankly, I don't remember anymore, which of them I actually picked, because I took quite an amount of them and I even needed to resort to the other option. It's one of these situations where it's sad, that the forum doesn't allow for enough options on polls, especially since there are so many Water types. A mere thread can not hold the sheer amount of Water Pokemon that exist.

kawaiimix

Radically Awkward Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    Your nickname: Kat, or Mix.

Your Partner Pokémon: Froakie!

Reason for joining the club: The water types are some of my most favourite Pokemon within the games, especially since my starter in X was Froakie (who is of course a fully-fledged Greninja now), plus they seem to have the most unique designs out of all of the other types. Plus, I always seem to have a water type wiggle it's way into my team even if it isn't my starter!

Answer to the current topic: Which water types do I prefer? Hmm. I have to say, mostly dual-typed ones, because it opens up the gate for more powerful move sets. Plus, dark and water types are awesome! Reason number one why I picked Froakie.

Also, I joined this sooo late! Sorry about that, I just like water types so much, even if I'm brand new to the site. X'D

Years
  • Your nickname: Kat, or Mix.

Reason for joining the club: The water types are some of my most favourite Pokemon within the games, especially since my starter in X was Froakie (who is of course a fully-fledged Greninja now), plus they seem to have the most unique designs out of all of the other types. Plus, I always seem to have a water type wiggle it's way into my team even if it isn't my starter!

Answer to the current topic: Which water types do I prefer? Hmm. I have to say, mostly dual-typed ones, because it opens up the gate for more powerful move sets. Plus, dark and water types are awesome! Reason number one why I picked Froakie.

Also, I joined this sooo late! Sorry about that, I just like water types so much, even if I'm brand new to the site. X'D

Oh hey nice to see you join so soon after signing up to PC! Also, kudos for choosing Froakie as your partner, he's my second fave Water-type starter and has never let me down in my X playthrough.

I love dual-typed Water-types as well, but the pure ones are still awesome. The fact the type itself is so big (just like the ocean itself) has led to so many unique and beautiful designs coming. There's ones that focus on the tough side and others that focus on beauty, because the water can be both rough and beautiful.

Hopefully you stick around in this club and on the forums as well Kat!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Say, what's your opinion on Crawdaunt? You know, the original Water/Dark type.

Also welcome and have fun! :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Your nickname: Kat, or Mix.

Hello, hello! Welcome to our club! There's nothing such as late on joining a club! (: We are in fact more than glad to have you aboard!

The Sharpedo line is forgotten? :o

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The Sharpedo line is forgotten? :o
    Oh right, those exist as well. Totally forgot it, must have been because of it's low Defense stat. {XD} (<- running gag that probably nobody gets)

kawaiimix

Radically Awkward Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015

For Crawdaunt and Sharpedo, they are both awesome and pretty cool Pokemon. You can see both types in them well. Actually, Sharpedo was one of my favourite Pokemon until I got a certain ice/dark type dude on my team.

( And since I'm completely new at this, how do I quote two posts in my post? Ahh, I'm so bad with stuff like that. )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back