• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Heiwa [Beta 1.0 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savashy

headsplitter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2018
"this hack looks pretty good luck with it" - the words of christos. couldnt have said it better myself

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
Are you going to change out the rocky tiles you have for the beach where you demonstrate Surf? they look really repetitive imo.

Also, will we be seeing new custom routines unique to this hack? or will it just be ASM made by others? I read somewhere that hackers like GoGoJJTech are writing their edits in C, do you plan on exploring that? The hack looks great bro. Thanks in advance :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I have played this game and looks so nice! The new tiles, trees, graphics and stuff made the feel of Heiwa's theme.

The Cut-tree near the signpost in Ombra Town seems nothing to be special there.

Too bad that you never implemented the expansion there (maybe a new feature in the next release?). But, in Battle Maison, My Emolga used Spark on Greninja and "it doesn't affect" really trolled me (it is just remained on Swampert's data).

Hoping to play further in the next release. And, nice rearrange of Destiny Islands' theme and Kairi's theme into the game, love listening to them!

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Are you going to change out the rocky tiles you have for the beach where you demonstrate Surf? they look really repetitive imo.

Also, will we be seeing new custom routines unique to this hack? or will it just be ASM made by others? I read somewhere that hackers like GoGoJJTech are writing their edits in C, do you plan on exploring that? The hack looks great bro. Thanks in advance :)

Which rocks are you referring to, the ones in the water or on land?

And I would like to implement my own routines, but I'm sure you understand when I say that it can be tough implementing complex hacks.

I have played this game and looks so nice! The new tiles, trees, graphics and stuff made the feel of Heiwa's theme.

The Cut-tree near the signpost in Ombra Town seems nothing to be special there.

Too bad that you never implemented the expansion there (maybe a new feature in the next release?). But, in Battle Maison, My Emolga used Spark on Greninja and "it doesn't affect" really trolled me (it is just remained on Swampert's data).

Hoping to play further in the next release. And, nice rearrange of Destiny Islands' theme and Kairi's theme into the game, love listening to them!

Thanks! And yeah, I forgot to remove that tree... XD
I can't believe I forgot to give Greninja data! Thanks for pointing it out. :)
And I'm so glad someone recognized the music ^^

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024

Update

It makes me really happy seeing that people have been playing the game... Progress continues for the second beta, the first change being a major redesign of Autunno Forest to fit in with the style of the rest of the tiles.

uO0aArg.png

I know it's not a lot to see, but I want to keep of the rest of the forest a mystery for players to explore! Let's just say that it will be an important place later on.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
I finally got around to playing this (it's my first time playing a hack and actually knowing what a hack is! Second official hack, though). I haven't had much time so I only sat for maybe ten minutes. Literally I started surfing and had to stop. I'll have more feedback later, obviously, but I just want to say it's very pretty. It definitely has the tropical feel you were going for. And the Surf feature is an amazing addition.
As for the story: I don't know anything besides what the first conversation with "Mom" told, but it's a nice deviation from the main series formula; it's light, fun, but I can still see how it'll get serious later on and it definitely gives the game an easy start.
First ten minutes: thumbs up!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Just curious, how is EV training handled here? Since this is a fire red hack there's no EV reducing berries so I wanted to know how that will be effectively done. Some hacks built on fire red have found a work-around on this to eliminate having to rebreed an entire team to get zero EVs for a pokemon one desires (One hack introduces minigames based on the pokethlon to mirror super training). I wanted to ask since I almost never play fire red hacks because EV training becomes an impossibility almost.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I finally got around to playing this (it's my first time playing a hack and actually knowing what a hack is! Second official hack, though). I haven't had much time so I only sat for maybe ten minutes. Literally I started surfing and had to stop. I'll have more feedback later, obviously, but I just want to say it's very pretty. It definitely has the tropical feel you were going for. And the Surf feature is an amazing addition.
As for the story: I don't know anything besides what the first conversation with "Mom" told, but it's a nice deviation from the main series formula; it's light, fun, but I can still see how it'll get serious later on and it definitely gives the game an easy start.
First ten minutes: thumbs up!

Thanks for all the support! :D And expect the story to see some big changes as development continues.

Heiwa's on the Hacks Spotlight!

Heiwa is the next to make it onto PC's official Youtube channel. Come check out the first episode as we explore the game:

Come check it out by clicking here.

:D

It's so awesome to be featured like this! It makes all the hard work worth it to see the hack being played.

Just curious, how is EV training handled here? Since this is a fire red hack there's no EV reducing berries so I wanted to know how that will be effectively done. Some hacks built on fire red have found a work-around on this to eliminate having to rebreed an entire team to get zero EVs for a pokemon one desires (One hack introduces minigames based on the pokethlon to mirror super training). I wanted to ask since I almost never play fire red hacks because EV training becomes an impossibility almost.

So the thing about EV training is that it's a rather late-game feature. So... as it is right now, EV training is not really a concern for the hack during its early stages. Not to say it won't be later, because I can easily envision a special training area somewhere in the region that people can use for EV training. It would be a simple matter to write a bit of code to display EVs and possibly allow resetting them too.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
ok I figured I'd ask I wont worry about it for now. Also on the issue of the starter, does Emolga learn Air Slash by level p in this hack? Or at the very least Air Cutter? I wanted to know since Emolga tends to have a limited movepool in general. Regardless of circumstances it might be smart to expand it's movepool for this game for that reason. Since it's offense stats are equal I am going for a mixed set currently which appears to be doing well, but I figured I'd touch on it for future reference.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
So the thing about EV training is that it's a rather late-game feature. So... as it is right now, EV training is not really a concern for the hack during its early stages. Not to say it won't be later, because I can easily envision a special training area somewhere in the region that people can use for EV training. It would be a simple matter to write a bit of code to display EVs and possibly allow resetting them too.

Omg yeeeey! Now I can play Battle Maison competitively-ish since perfect IVs are really hard(close to impossible?) to get in FR hahaha.. still I'm so happy :3

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
For those that are curious about the Maison, I have a video of it on Youtube.

I may have uploaded it a while back and forgotten to share it here...

Anyway, the Maison save error seems to be happening to those that play on OpenEmu. I'll be sure to look into it!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
For those that are curious about the Maison, I have a video of it on Youtube.

I may have uploaded it a while back and forgotten to share it here...

Anyway, the Maison save error seems to be happening to those that play on OpenEmu. I'll be sure to look into it!

Why are your 'mons at level 100 while your opponent's at 50? Isn't that unfair? Haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back