• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Heiwa [Beta 1.0 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Just another little update to share:

Vev9qVw.png
    EESImKo.png

As you can see, I've added a new world map, featuring the tiles created by redriders180. In addition, I've been mapping more and more and more.

I was thinking about releasing a small alpha once I've finished scripting up to the third gym. What do you think?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024

Update Time!

I've got another update for everyone. In the as-of-yet unrevealed third town, you can find a facility that I've decided to call the "Battle Maison". Inspired by the Battle Maison of the latest games, it features Battle Tower-style battles (all Pokémon are level 50, teams of three) as well as a special battle with the Chatelaine once you've defeated 32 and again after 64 trainers. Have a look:

m80cDUz.png
    JhcU7IY.png
    8E5ypiL.png

MVl0225.png
    8jSLGKg.png

(no, your mom is not the Chatelaine. yes, one of her Pokémon is a Latias)

And in response to LilBueno's question, it's a bit hard to say whether more Pokémon will be able to perform HMs without knowing the move. Lapras was just a way for the player to get around early in the game. But, I think it would cool to have other special Pokémon like that, so the answer is we'll see. :)

Last edited:

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
  • Update Time!

I've got another update for everyone. In the as-of-yet unrevealed third town, you can find a facility that I've decided to call the "Battle Maison". Inspired by the Battle Maison of the latest games, it features Battle Tower-style battles (all Pokémon are level 50, teams of three) as well as a special battle with the Chatelaine once you've defeated 32 and again after 64 trainers. Have a look:

m80cDUz.png
    JhcU7IY.png
    8E5ypiL.png

MVl0225.png
    8jSLGKg.png

(no, your mom is not the Chatelaine. yes, one of her Pokémon is a Latias)

And in response to LilBueno's question, it's a bit hard to say whether more Pokémon will be able to perform HMs without knowing the move. Lapras was just a way for the player to get around early in the game. But, I think it would cool to have other special Pokémon like that, so the answer is we'll see. :)

Looks dandy, love those tiles, can't wait for the Battle Maison and mostly the hack! :D

Psychic Type

Banned
    Years
  • not to be mean or anything, but this hack seems rather... plain. Are you going to be doing some spriting work or something?

By the way, those assembly hacks look nice. Are there other Pokémon besides Lapras you can naturally Surf with, like Wailmer?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    not to be mean or anything, but this hack seems rather... plain. Are you going to be doing some spriting work or something?

By the way, those assembly hacks look nice. Are there other Pokémon besides Lapras you can naturally Surf with, like Wailmer?

I'm not sure what you mean by spriting, the hack already has some custom tiles and OWs... I've got a spriter helping me, but I'm trying to preserve the original FireRed style (with a tropical twist).

And at the moment, no, Lapras is the only Pokémon that allows natural Surfing. There are plans for more in the future, but you can't get them in the game yet anyway.

Update

Here's the last update I'll be showing before the release of the first beta.

sonps6U.png
    wV7UGVb.png

An view of the third gym, led by the psychic leader Eleska. I won't reveal exactly what happens, but let's just say there will be a bit of luck involved. I've actually done a lot of other stuff, but I want to keep it a surprise for the players.

It's currently being tested, so I hope to have a beta out by the end of the week! :)

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Looks very good, the gym seems like a hard puzzle, I really like the gyms with puzzles.

And really, you need some custom sprites, the style is good but with unchanged sprites aren't very original. If you want, I can help you with some sprites

Good luck c:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm not sure what you mean by spriting, the hack already has some custom tiles and OWs... I've got a spriter helping me, but I'm trying to preserve the original FireRed style (with a tropical twist).

And at the moment, no, Lapras is the only Pokémon that allows natural Surfing. There are plans for more in the future, but you can't get them in the game yet anyway.

Update

sonps6U.png
    wV7UGVb.png

An view of the third gym, led by the psychic leader Eleska. I won't reveal exactly what happens, but let's just say there will be a bit of luck involved. I've actually done a lot of other stuff, but I want to keep it a surprise for the players.

It's currently being tested, so I hope to have a beta out by the end of the week! :)

I personally don't think the graphics are bland. They are good, I like how you're staying true to FireRed's graphics as I'm doing exactly the same with my current project, mine is worse it has no tropical twist and whatnot! Keep up the great work, LH.~

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2016
    I personally don't think the graphics are bland. They are good, I like how you're staying true to FireRed's graphics as I'm doing exactly the same with my current project, mine is worse it has no tropical twist and whatnot! Keep up the great work, LH.~

I would like to know what project you are working on. Just to see if there's something that make me interested in it.

Psychic Type

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not sure what you mean by spriting, the hack already has some custom tiles and OWs... I've got a spriter helping me, but I'm trying to preserve the original FireRed style (with a tropical twist).
    ...I'll take that as a no.

Well, I do hope you include Wailmer and Wailord, as they kind of almost fit more than Lapras do ^^;;

Update

[don't have 5 posts yet, so no "links"]

How long will the first beta be?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    In order to assuage worries about "custom sprites", I'll show you all some of the custom OWs I have for some of the gym leaders:

5p8G2eh.png
    Eyjftaw.png

The point of the updates when I've shown them before is the gym designs, not the leaders.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the beta, which will have three gyms (and some fun stuff to find and do). My beta testers haven't reported any major bugs (other than one warp to nowhere), so if all goes well I'll be posting the download tomorrow or Saturday! :)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    • Pokémon Heiwa Beta 1.0
      Release date: November 7, 2015
      Notes: This beta ends with the guy in front of Mt. Tempesta on Tempesta Path. There are three badges that can be obtained. Please read the included Readme file for a list of known bugs/issues, and report any that aren't listed here.

So here's the first beta! This first release is to showcase a bit of what you can expect from the hack, and introduce a bit of the story. The next release (which starts after the third gym) will be when the real story of the hack starts. For now, this is more of a gameplay demo. Enjoy!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    A wonderful start to an extraordinary hack. It even has the best custom trainer sprites I've ever seen, give a big pat on the back to the gal who made them for me~!
    Keep up the good work on the hack <3

//flattery

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back