• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Very nice and detailed description, as Daegon mentioned you should use it in a prologue.
    Looking forward to future updates :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Well written phoenix! It's great that you put a background story on each character because many fan programmers don't. What's the status report on the intro vid?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Very well done on teh writing side of things. ^_^ Gives the audience a bit mmore background info. Well done. But... an intro video would be nice XD Just kidding, take your time and stuff.

Rhykasho

CRY SOME MORE!
    Years
  • phoenix316 said:
    I've decided to post some info on some of the important characters. Although the game is pretty much the same whether you choose to be a boy or a girl, certain parts will be played out differently to coincide with their personality and goals.

~Damien~ The male hero

Damien is a 15 year old boy from Farebloom Town. Damien has always been interested in Pokemon and from a very age showed that he was gifted in handling Pokemon. He spent a lot of time at Dirk's lab helping to tame and befriend all the wild Pokemon that Dirk had brought in. Damien struck up a particular bond with the first Pokemon Dirk ever showed him. It was always Damien's dream to travel the world and meet as many different species of Pokemon as possible. However, a few years ago, Damien's father walked out on him and his mother. Consequently, Damien's mother couldn't cope with the distress and the strain that it had caused and suffered a breakdown. Damien was forced into becoming a stronger, more independant person and cared for his mother as well as taking responsibility for the general running of the house. Fortunately now things are starting to get back back to normal with Damien's mother being back at full health and looking to the future.

~Madison~ The female hero

Madison is a 15 year old girl from Farebloom Town. Madison's ambition in life is to move from Farebloom Town to one of the big cities where there is more excitement. Madison's interest in Pokemon began about 4 years ago, shortly after her mother died. With her father also distraught, she turned to Pokemon for comfort. She began spending more and more time in Dirk's lab to try to get herself through such a difficult time. While spending so much time in the lab, she struck up a life long bond with one particular Pokemon. Now, both Madison and her father have moved on and put their past pain behind them and have looked to the future and decided to try to achieve their dreams.

~Dirk~

Researcher Dirk has spent his entire life studying Pokemon artefacts. He has tried to figure out the link that connects all Pokemon together as well as the reason for their existance. Now that he has grown weary of travelling the world looking for more subjects to research, and concluding that his original task was impossible for just one man, he resides in the quaint atmosphere of Farebloom Town where he spends his leisure time studying the masses of strange objects that he collected on his travels in the hope that, just possibly, he could uncover one of the many mysteries of the Pokemon.

~Azzy~

Azzy is a sassy, energetic 14 year old Pokemon trainer from Dayflora Town. She admires all of the great Pokemon Trainers that have become famous and is desperate to replicate the fame and fortune that they have achieved with their Pokemon. Fame is her biggest goal and she will do anything if she believes that it will help her become more famous, even if it means taking shortcuts or making poor decisions and character judgements. Overall, she is a nice helpful girl, even if she is a little bit too headstrong and determined for success.

~Mace~

Mace is a calm, intelligent 16 year old wannabe Gym Leader from Johto. He believes he has the necessary attributes and Pokemon skills to become one of the greatest Gym Leaders ever. Mace is very methodical and is very often the voice of reason or the saviour whenever Azzy or Kyte have problems or get into trouble. He has a talent to look at situations from many different perspectives to find the best solution. He also has a strong affinity with nature and considers anyone that tries to destroy any part of nature a sworn enemy. He is also very interested in ancient Pokemon ruins.

~Kyte~

Kyte is a cute, playful 12 year old Pokemon lover from Heyspark City. Her idol is Suzie, the great Pokemon breeder. Kyte loves the cuteness and inner beauty of Pokemon and wants to become a Pokemon breeder to help all Pokemon to become as happy as possible. She also admires Azzy's determination and considers her a great role model and tries to base her attitude on Azzy's. She can be very gullible at times, which often leads to her getting into trouble that she can't cope with.

This game is sounding really intresting, the idea about a intro movie is great :D (I cant wait for it)

Maximo v.2

my walking sprites and....
    Years
  • Will we see the video before the game comes out and will we be able to download extensions for the game like booda has

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Guys, I've got something new to show you all. As you can see from the image, it's a sunken city. Another original and unique part of the game! As you should know by now I don't like posting whole maps and I usually post in game screens, but since the charsets for underwater aren't done yet it wouldn't have looked right. I've actually done quite a lot over the past few days, but I'll keep the rest as a secret for now ;) As you know by now, feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome.
    Acropolis.png

Maximo - The video will be released before the game as an incentive to play the game and there will be no downloadable extras.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • OH YEAH, THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT lol..
    that looks awesome. Good map work (ur using RM2k3 right- cause if you are, thats awesome).
    I look foward to see how this will be folded into the story of your game.
    The "damage" on the buildings look cool, that does help create the feel that the area is wrecked...
    Oh, and ofcourse, I'm looking foward to seeing what your other serect updates were (i'm sure your waiting until you've fully finished what the update is before you post screens) .
    As you can tell from my post, I'm even more hyped over your game.
    Keep it up Phoenix....

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Great mapping on your part phoenix, and I applaud SaintBeast on the chipset! Adding a little algea(sp?) on the buildings would add to the believability, but it still looks great as is! Everytime I visit PC, I always check first to see if this thread has been updated. I just can't wait to see this game unleashed to the public! Awesome and amazing work as always!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I know I said this before, but great work phoenix.

Years
  • Very nice mapping, as PKMN_Sage suggested, some algae on the buildings would add a nice touch to the sunken city.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • kickass as always (I don't feel guilty about writing that now that I'm not a mod ;))

Now, to make underwater more believeable, there are several things:
    -There has to be a sense of undulation. Water has waves, and I imagine that this is a pretty expansive body of water to fit a sunken town. A few wavering semi-transparent overlays should do the trick. Hopefully a lower picture value than your menu so its not harder to read.

-cool lighting effects. try boosting the graphical prowess further by adding another semi-transparent overlay of some light. We've all seen those underwater pictures of how beams of light penetrate the water in such a beautiful way

Adding stuff like refraction and image distortion is over the top, but those two should do the trick :-D

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Great! Thanks PKMN Sage, Avatar and DM, I've been waiting a while now to get some constructive criticism. I was beginning to think that people were a little afraid to post where they think could be improved. You're comments will be brought into consideration when I edit the map and chipset. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Always here to help! I'm glad that you found our suggestions helpful. Keep up the great work phoenix!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back