• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
  • @Chocolate: I can only really speak for RPs I'm involved in. If you're looking for new RPs, Vale Institute of Magic has yet to start, and within this week (ideally tomorrow) Fort Pokepower will be posting her RP Fargona: Land of Dragons. Besides that, we could always use new blood in Sword Art Online: Sanctuary, or Sekirei: Wings of fate, although those last two are fairly slow-paced. Fire Emblem: The Rift War is just getting started, so you could easily slip in as if you were there from the start. Heck, most people haven't even posted their intro posts yet.

Edit: Added links.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    cloud!!!! cloud has spots!!! always n 4eva

or you could check the library.

I don't have links to anything because I'm on my phone ):

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • So I'm finally back from my unplanned hiatus that I told absolutely no one about. I don't think I'll be RPing again just yet, but I am currently working on an RP of my own. So expect to see that sometime soon (or maybe never, who knows?).

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • I dislike JPs. They just hold up the whole RP... I won't go so far as to say I hate them, they're just not necessary all the time. In my entire RPing career (not on this site) I've only ever done one JP, and the two of us were the GMs of that RP, so it was necessary. Back and forth posting is ok because it actually feels more like the characters are actually interacting then a JP does...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I dislike JPs. They just hold up the whole RP... I won't go so far as to say I hate them, they're just not necessary all the time. In my entire RPing career (not on this site) I've only ever done one JP, and the two of us were the GMs of that RP, so it was necessary. Back and forth posting is ok because it actually feels more like the characters are actually interacting then a JP does...
    I can't at all agree with this. Rather, interaction seems more natural in JPs imo, since you don't have to flesh put a post to reach a decent length worthy of the RPC, but can just make one line sometimes when the characters are conversing.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm somewhere in the middle with this. Joint posting can sometimes lead to blurred lines on information - since the author alternates it means that the point of view changes and some things end up looking odd.

Meanwhile, if you do individual posts you end up with an 'honest' reaction and a chance for your character to misinterpret or misunderstand things. In a JP that would look contradictary a bit, without heavily stating they misunderstood.

not making sense but yeah

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Okay...so I know I don't come around the discussion thread much anymore, but I've been busy and I'm in enough RPs now that they're basically all I do in relation to PC. All that being said not being here may become more of a trend for me than I would have liked. I won't delve into all the nonsense because I just barely managed to smack myself back into gear. Long story short I don't know where I'll be going soon and I may not have internet for who knows how long so I apologize to everyone in any RPs that may be slowed down or damaged by my absence, especially my friends in Wings of Fate who I had such great plans for less than an hour ago.

I hope to see you all again before too long, so until then, be well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    So I'm a newbie to this particular RPG forum. I just signed up for my First RP on PC, but I do have some experience on other forums.

Just thought I'd introduce myself, thanks for reading.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So I'm a newbie to this particular RPG forum. I just signed up for my First RP on PC, but I do have some experience on other forums.

Just thought I'd introduce myself, thanks for reading.
    Welcome to the Roleplay Corner then, also known as the RPC! It's always nice to get some fresh blood from other sites here; often they bring new ideas and ways that we can incorporate here. But it's also important that you stick to the rules we've set here and usually recommended to join one or a few RPs before you create your own. Which one did you sign up for? :)

If there's something here confusing you or if you have any concerns or questions, feel free to drop me a message. I and the other two mods (and most RPC regulars too for that matter!) will do our best to make you feel at home.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *shamless doublepost sponsored by the modbase*

Hey guys! It's awfully quiet in here. Everybody busy summer-roleplaying?

I can't wait until September starts; I will probably reboot Crossroads and hope that people remember who their characters were, haha.

For a topic, maybe: Is there any RP from the past here that you would love to see rebooted?

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Is there any RP from the past here that you would love to see rebooted?

I would love to see Fuyu's Black Infection make a comeback.

Or anything else with Shadow Pokémon, because Shadow Pokémon are awesome.

Years
  • I'm planning on rebooting Reapers at some point. The universe more than the actual RP though - I still have a sequel and a prequel planned.

I'd like to see Echo rebooted, that was a great RP. Tournament of Life was good too. One was just a typical journey RP really, but there was something about Echo that really prompted amazing posts.

Tournament of Life was a journey too, and unfortunately never went as far as I'd have liked it to. It was a darker take on the genre of RPs that was really well put together and would have been great to see go further.

Just to add another question
    Would anyone be interested in a sort of "horror" RP?

I have had the idea brewing for a while now but I don't really have enough to put into the planning thread yet. I'm just curious to see if anyone would be interested in giving the genre a go.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
    Years
  • Horror is a great rp set as it can create some amazing plot twists and turns but is difficult as it can get too horrific too quickly.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Is there any RP from the past here that you would love to see rebooted?

oh there's a whole slew that had potential that never made it far that I'd like to see return, but the one I've been thinking about, and actually mentioned to you, Rika, is Rocket's Rising. The concept was fun, and the pitting of RPers against each other as gym leaders that could either be corrupt and working under Team Rocket or normal under the E4 was a nice (and realistic) spin on things.

There's others that I never joined but that certainly had potential that I'd like to see back sometime for me to try out; there's a few that I was in that certainly should have gone further; and there's a few that I'd like back purely for the nostalgia, lol.

Would anyone be interested in a sort of "horror" RP?

Of course. People have tried horror roleplays in the past. The only thing you need to do is make sure you come up with a good way of dishing out the horror. Trying too hard will make it feel fake (read: many modern horror movies), but not trying hard enough would make it boring. That's why psychological elements are the best way to go, imo, and you could go so many different ways with it.

Years
  • I'll keep toying with the idea.
    I have like fifty RP ideas that I want to make soon so woo?

I often think that the problem with an RP reboot is that it could rather boring to replay through the same sort of thing up to a point. That's why when I reboot RPs I try to make them as different from the original without creating a totally different RP. Does anyone else find this?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Just doing a bit of an interest check. How would people feel about a modern day Avatar (the elemental bending one, ofc) rp?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Just doing a bit of an interest check. How would people feel about a modern day Avatar (the elemental bending one, ofc) rp?

Well it's certainly something that piques my interest. Avatar in general has many fun possibilities to entertain roleplay-wise, and, depending on how you go about it, an Avatar roleplay with a modern setting could be pretty interesting. Or terrible, if you do it wrong.

So pitch some ideas~

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well it's certainly something that piques my interest. Avatar in general has many fun possibilities to entertain roleplay-wise, and, depending on how you go about it, an Avatar roleplay with a modern setting could be pretty interesting. Or terrible, if you do it wrong.

So pitch some ideas~

Well here is my basic plot for it, i have a little more detail to it, but I'll spare it for now:

1.) Spirits and Man live side by side.
    Spirits can disguise themselves as normal people, making it so that their presence isn't as known. Only people with a natural affinity towards the spirits can see them for what they are. Think of someone like Jinora.

2.) As technology grew, people began to be "on par" with Benders.
    Their powers, however, frightened people and a witch hunt for them began. People still know of them, but most benders try to stay incognito for their own safety--especially given that some benders who have publicly displayed their powers have strangely gone missing shortly after.

3.)Bending is essentially illegal, which is mostly a coup by the world's government to retain their power after they managed to bring down one of the most powerful bending organizations, The Red Lotus.
    Knowing all too well that a small group of proficient benders have the capacity to bring the world to shambles, they worked together to bring down what has been labeled as an international terrorist organization, but they still don't like each other and their cease fire was ended shortly after they believed they had brought down the group.

4.)The Age of the Avatar is thought to be over.
    One has not appeared in decades. The Red Lotus was not defeated, but knows that they must get the people on their side if they are to accomplish their goal and bring freedom to their fellow side. Their idea for this was to create a "fake" avatar that would serve as the rallying point for these people to turn against their governments.

5.) Of course, a real avatar happened to show up.
    Since benders stay lowkey, s/he is actually attaining most of their knowledge through spirits who can sense that the world is close to waning into oblivion, especially being on the brink of an all-out war between the worlds greatest powers. His guidance eventually leads him to the realization of his purpose in this world, and sends him on a collision path with the Red Lotus who has begun to actively promote their "Avatar." The Red Lotus, however, can not appear as liars so they ultimately want to remove this Avatar from the picture, because it's not the Avatar they need, but the glory that comes with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back