• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Its also super easy with Pokebank to get both versions and trade like crazy between em. Buy one digital one physical, and boom, you have a trade racket going. Starters, legendaries, the works! Sucks about the new update with Miiverse on the 3DS and the region lock, you can't exploit for Vivillions now...

Yeah, the trick to trading is to offer species that are high-in-demand, like starters. So if there's a new region lock update, I wonder if this means you'll always be locked into one specific Vivillon pattern? If so, that means I'll always get River Vivillons when I play X and Y. At least they aren't super-common on stuff like the GTS, where it always seems like Modern, Elegant and Polar Vivillons are the most common.

I love how Vivillon has region-specific forms, it helps encourage more global trading which you need to do if you wanna catch 'em all! (see what I did there)

Completing the Pokédex is such a hassle, in my opinion. Last time I ever tried doing it was in my final run of Pokémon Emerald. I was extremely close to completion, but unfortunately, couldn't get it done in the end. Feebas and Milotic were all the Pokémon left for me to get a hold of, but regardless of how hard I tried, I just couldn't get them. One of my friends offered to give me her own Milotic, but wasn't able to as none of us had link-cable at that time. ):

I remember the closest I came to completing a National Dex was on my Black, which I caught almost all non-Legendary families except Kanto starters, Bagon and Rufflet's line I think. Still, it was quite a hassle having to transfer everything but man it sure paid off in the end. I'll have to see how well my connections go if I want to wi-fi trade in X and Y eventually. Plus, when I choose which version to play more often (aka my main) it usually depends on which version exclusives I like better.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The only time I completed my Pokedex was in Blue. The last Pokemon needed was Golbat because I didn't want to train up a Zubat. After that, I never attempted to complete the Pokedex since the only reward was a certificate. I would have tried in B2/W2 for those rewards, but by that point there were too many Pokemon and little time to play the game. So I just helped a friend complete her Pokedex.

The only times that I bought both versions of the games were Gold and Silver (and HeartGold and SoulSilver) and Black and White. I was really excited for those generations, and wanted the different games to play through. For the second generation, I even bought Crystal, so I had the complete set. Every other time I'm missing one. For instance, I have Blue and Yellow but not Red. I have Ruby and Emerald but not Sapphire. I have Diamond and Pearl but not Platinum. Things just worked out that way!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Speaking of the games, I found my old Gameboy Advance and Ruby and Yellow (and some harry potter and mario game) today at my family's. It really is much better playing on the real thing than on an emulator. My childhood just came flowing back with the Ruby title screen music.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I still have my GameBoy Color and Pokémon Blue version, but the latter no longer works, unfortunately. Alongside, I also have Pokémon Ruby, Emerald, and FireRed. Don't have a GameBoy Advance though, so I cannot play them. Well, I could've played them if I still had my DS Lite, but I traded it in years ago for a DSi. And DSi doesn't have a GBA cartridge slot, which sucks. ): Wonder what made Nintendo decide to have it removed?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I've lost too many of my games. My Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, and Platinum Versions are all hiding somewhere and it's been a few years since I have last saw them. I've also sold some games for money, like Colosseum, Pinball RS, and Blue. I wish that I stil had all of them because some of these games are hard to find and there are many fakes floating around online stores.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm a nut for the Generation III games, and I have 2 Rubies, 1 Sapphire, 1 FireRed, 1 LeafGreen, and 2 Emeralds, plus Colosseum and XD. I assigned a greek letter to each cartridge, too, and on the back of each cartridge is the letter and the character's name in Sharpie. There's Alpha Alex (E1), Beta Seth (R2), Gamma Ash (FR), Delta Sally (LG), Epsilon Amy (S), and Eta Naruto (E2).

The first Ruby cartridge has my sister's profile on it, so I didn't include it. By the way I didn't pick the name Naruto for my second Emerald, I bought it used and the profile that came on it had pretty much everything you could ever get with a GameShark (which I don't have), so I kept the name. There's also Zeta Ash, which is in between Epsilon Amy and Eta Naruto, but it's my Yellow cartridge.

God, I'm such a nerd >_<

Years
  • All of my Gen III Hoenn games are gone and or misplaced :( and I hate that very much because Gen III is my favorite generation pre-DS games.

Years
  • All of my Gen III Hoenn games are gone and or misplaced :( and I hate that very much because Gen III is my favorite generation pre-DS games.

*pats Zach on the back*

I barely play my 3rd Generation games anymore, especially when compared to a lot of modern generations. I bet that once I play X and Y, it'd be hard for me to replay 4th and 5th Generation games given how massive the leap in graphics to 6th Generation was.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Well, I've never owned two versions of the same game. Seems kind of redundant to me, unless it's Ruby/Emerald or Pearl/Platinum I guess. Maybe even Red/Yellow because Pikachu and slight colors :P

Yeah I personally would never have wanted to get two versions of the same game, but I'm gifting X and Y to my twin cousins.

Wobbu

Years
  • Currently the only reason that I would buy Y Version is for attempting challenges on it. I don't want to erase all of my progress and Pokémon in my X Version.

Random topic change!
    What Bug type Pokémon would you least like to encounter?

I wouldn't like to turn around and find a giant Galvantula crawling behind me. If I run away, it might shoot spider webs at me to slow me down. It will probably also shock me. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What Bug type Pokémon would you least like to encounter?'

auugh Bug pokémon are awesome, bugs not so much. I don't know why I find Bug pokémon cool but hate bugs in real life. Maybe it's because I know the pokémon aren't real.

Pinsir would be a nightmare to suddenly encounter. Bugly death on two legs.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Weeeeeedle. I do like a Beedrill in my team at the beginning of the game and all but I hate the fact that my Pokemon gets poisoned every time. It's frustrating xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well if we're talking games, Weedle (and Wurmple for that matter) are the worst. They just poising everything I send at them ;;

Wobbu

Years
  • Scolipede was constantly used as a ferocious Pokémon in the BW anime, so that's another Pokémon that I wouldn't like to encounter. It's always getting mad when people get near it and it chases those people with its steamroller body. The Pokémon that I don't like to encounter in the games is Dwebble because I found a million of them via Rock Smash while looking for a Binacle in X.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't really dislike encountering bug-type Pokémon, but if I had to choose one, then I'd say… Weedle. It could learn Poison Sting, which has a high rate of poisoning you. This could be sort of annoying. ):

Years
  • If we're talking about the games, I hate encountering any Bug Pokemon that's also part Poison type (Weedle, Venonat, Spinarak and Venipede come to mind right away). Much like everyone else, I hate having my Pokemon get poisoned so often, especially early in the games.

In real life though, I think running into a Scyther would be terrifying. It's the same size as a small adult, it has scythes for hands, and it can fly. No thanks.

Wobbu

Years
  • Encountering any of these Bugs irl wouldn't be a fun experience. That's what I really like about Bug Pokémon, though. They're not small and boring, but rather unique, unreal, and dangerous. It would be fun to battle one, but I may be too unnerved to fight back :(

Speaking of Unnerve, what is your favorite berry?

I think I'd choose the Enigma Berry. The berry is very enigmatic because of that mysterious question mark pattern. It's also rare and 'it has the power of the stars.'

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh goodness, Brendino. Having to encounter a Scyther irl is super scary, I must agree. Like...imagine those sharp arms. :O

& Favorite berry? Probably Persim Berry. Cures confusion right after it becomes confused. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mine would have to be Lum Berry—it heals you from any status effects, including confusion. (: Another of my favorite would have to be Chesto. If you ever fall asleep during a battle, this berry would be able to help you wake up.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Persim berry is a life saver. Confusion is the worst status ailment imo. But Sitrus berry is nifty too, of course.

GUYS I had a dream that I bought a 3DS and Pokémon X!!! So vivid. But then I woke up, so disappointed. Haha. Is this a sign that I should by them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back