• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
  • Lol I go to sleep and before I wake up avara has another 2 pages in her thread!

I'm falling even further behind lol.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for providing such great feedback to your players, it really changes the game when we can get some quality responses from the hacker.

In the old days we played hacks, but we never talked about them. So when there was a problem we either had to figure it out ourselves, or just quit and try to find a new hack.

Seeing such warm responses from the creator really makes this hack 20 times better, at least.

Looking forward to the next version~! Keep up the great work, avara!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just finished the script for the takeover of Kate's Gym. For anyone interested/wanting to train a team for it early, some of the eligible Pokémon to use for the Normal Gym are:

Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Persian, Kangaskhan, Porygon, Snorlax, Clefable, Ursaring, Stantler, Miltank, Blissey, Vigoroth, Loudred, Delcatty, Sawsbuck and Girafarig.

For Reuben's Gym, even though he's another who only uses three Pokémon, for your takeover of it I may increase it to allow you to use four. I'm going to make that one like any and all fully evolved Flying-types are allowed bar legendaries. =)

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • Just finished the script for the takeover of Kate's Gym. For anyone interested/wanting to train a team for it early, some of the eligible Pokémon to use for the Normal Gym are:

Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Persian, Kangaskhan, Porygon, Snorlax, Clefable, Ursaring, Stantler, Miltank, Blissey, Vigoroth, Loudred, Delcatty, Sawsbuck and Girafarig.

For Reuben's Gym, even though he's another who only uses three Pokémon, for your takeover of it I may increase it to allow you to use four. I'm going to make that one like any and all fully evolved Flying-types are allowed bar legendaries. =)
    Cool, I can't wait to takeover all those gym, and become the greatest of all time...or not.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Noticed something by Ruins of Kalas gate:

lol :) (at least in my game)

I know. It happened to me too! Just beating up Aries... There's a guy standing right there... No witnesses to my lost... Wait a sec! It's like there's a guy right there hearing and seeing us? Dude, that'll spread the rumor that I am the strongest trainer! Must be some kind of glitch then... Oh well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2021
    I know. It happened to me too! Just beating up Aries... There's a guy standing right there... No witnesses to my lost... Wait a sec! It's like there's a guy right there hearing and seeing us? Dude, that'll spread the rumor that I am the strongest trainer! Must be some kind of glitch then... Oh well.

That guy's apparently Troy, but still he's a witness! :P
    my game he was looking in our direction when battle over. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Ok so I beat Gym Leader Anja, walked away, but then got pulled back in and was forced to fight again. I won the second time as well, but it didnt make me fight her again. Also, with the eevee quest, (I know it doesnt work), is there a new eeveelution?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Ok so I beat Gym Leader Anja, walked away, but then got pulled back in and was forced to fight again. I won the second time as well, but it didnt make me fight her again. Also, with the eevee quest, (I know it doesnt work), is there a new eeveelution?

For Anja, you will have to lose and get warped to the center. You will still have the reference. As for the eeveelutions, there's Leafeon and Glaceon. Along with the other ones.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I don't feel like zooming in but I believe that is Solomon or Troy. I don't know. Maybe it's similar to when you beet Nevaeah and that girl mentions that everyone is going to hear about it. He was looking the other way though. It doesn't really bother me so I don't care that much.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    For Anja, you will have to lose and get warped to the center. You will still have the reference. As for the eeveelutions, there's Leafeon and Glaceon. Along with the other ones.

After beating Anja the second time, she let me leave. Thank you though. :D also Avaramoon, a new eeveelution would seriously be amazing. Doesn't have to be any time soon, but perhaps at least in the final release. I would love that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    also, there ought to be a quest log

Found another bug. As a seeker, when you infiltrate the enemy base, Jenelle is already beaten... no fight. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Bliss

Years
  • also, there ought to be a quest log

Found another bug. As a seeker, when you infiltrate the enemy base, Jenelle is already beaten... no fight. :(
    Please edit your previous post instead of double posting.

NOTE: I'm not a Moderator, but seeing someone post repeatedly is quite annoying, when you could just as easily edit your previous post.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Please edit your previous post instead of double posting.

NOTE: I'm not a Moderator, but seeing someone post repeatedly is quite annoying, when you could just as easily edit your previous post.

My bad. I'm new to this site and posting things on forums in general. :)

Bliss

Years
  • My bad. I'm new to this site and posting things on forums in general. :)
    No worries.

I figured you were probably new, given your low post count, so I thought I'd give you a gentle and polite warning before you got yourself in trouble by a Moderator.

Also, you should have a look at the rules if you haven't already. Just to make sure you don't accidentally break any rules simply because you didn't know about them.

avara, I was wondering about something: Are there any cute fairy type Fakemon in MoT? Like I said before, I still haven't gotten very far into it. (been a bit preoccupied) And if so, which is your favorite? I'm thinking about adding a couple of Fairy Fakemon to my other hack I'm starting (currently on hiatus so I can focus on CoG, but I want to learn as much as possible before then, including the opinions of the community so why not start with a good friend? :D)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    No worries.

I figured you were probably new, given your low post count, so I thought I'd give you a gentle and polite warning before you got yourself in trouble by a Moderator.

Also, you should have a look at the rules if you haven't already. Just to make sure you don't accidentally break any rules simply because you didn't know about them.

avara, I was wondering about something: Are there any cute fairy type Fakemon in MoT? Like I said before, I still haven't gotten very far into it. (been a bit preoccupied) And if so, which is your favorite? I'm thinking about adding a couple of Fairy Fakemon to my other hack I'm starting (currently on hiatus so I can focus on CoG, but I want to learn as much as possible before then, including the opinions of the community so why not start with a good friend? :D)

Just beat the game with about 74 hours played.... no fairy types. A healer/support fairy would be neat. Perhaps one that can utilize baton pass? Also, when I think of fairies, I think of rainbows... perhaps you could make a move related to rainbows....

Bliss

Years
  • Just beat the game with about 74 hours played.... no fairy types. A healer/support fairy would be neat. Perhaps one that can utilize baton pass? Also, when I think of fairies, I think of rainbows... perhaps you could make a move related to rainbows....
    Thank you for the suggestions, but I have extremely low experience in every form of hacking. ESPECIALLY spriting, but my Move making abilities are terrible, at best.

If you are interested in my hacks, check the link in my signature, and check out this thread.

I'm not sure how well it's enforced, but there is a rule against being off-topic in most of the forum as well, so let's move this conversation over there, or to Private Messages. (Just in case you don't know how to send a private message, click my name and a menu will open up, click "Send *user name* a private message" Sorry if you already knew this)

Years
  • Ok so I beat Gym Leader Anja, walked away, but then got pulled back in and was forced to fight again. I won the second time as well, but it didnt make me fight her again. Also, with the eevee quest, (I know it doesnt work), is there a new eeveelution?

I had the same problem, but I didn't really care since she's easy to beat and It give me her TM twice. :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I'm not sure, a problem with your actual emulator maybe? =/

Yep, definitely an emulator problem. I can't get VBA to save on my Mac, so I've been experimenting and I think I found one that works. I'm in the third town and so far so good! I'm really enjoying it so far. If only I didn't have so many things I needed to get done, haha. I really just want to sit and play it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    http://youtu.be/EY9qAm-JjDE

a video of some bugs I found, mentioned and unmentioned.

Yep, definitely an emulator problem. I can't get VBA to save on my Mac, so I've been experimenting and I think I found one that works. I'm in the third town and so far so good! I'm really enjoying it so far. If only I didn't have so many things I needed to get done, haha. I really just want to sit and play it.

You have a mac as well. I found an easy way to fix the crashing problem when hitting escape, or going fullscreen. New emulator! look up vba-m. It says it is for mac also, but I could not find anything but the .exe. Luckily, with wine, I was able to open the emulator and I have been playing happily ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back