• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    i would pick snivy because theres already to many fire types i want for my team but its stats are to weak for my straight offense method... and the water type is not something i want to look at often. but of course im tired of the fire/fighting dual type so im stuck... im just gonna have to wait and see what i do when i get it... its probly gonna be tepig though

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    i shall get all three via trading but my main one will be snivy (white) and oshawott (black) i shall choose tepig once grey comes out.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Originally I was going to pick Snivy, but after it's final evolution was shown I decided not to (I like the design but I spent too much time thinking it would be a Grass/Dragon type), I then moved onto picking Tepig because I almost always pick the Fire Type, but after seeing Oshawott in the anime I've really started to like the little guy, and so now have no idea who I will pick.

Invokez

Formerly Known as SytheXP
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Snivy because IMO the others look stupid :/ Was the same way when I fistr got DPPt too went with the grass starter. Then I grew fond of the chimchar evo line still dislike the piplup evo line. Doubt my views change for this gen though I really dislike the water evo, and Im not to fond of Poke Pigs...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Spr_5b_498.png

Teh Pig
    for me! I'm not voting yet, as I don't know whether I will proceed with only Tepig or obtain the other starter Pokemon as well, as I have done in past games. Trading for all three kind of goes against the whole point of starter selection... But if I start only with Tepig, I will likely be unable to perform efficient "Nature/IV-hunting" that early in the game, and in the past I had pre-arranged my starters to be a specific Nature....

Ugh, I'll sort out this mess after training in Platinum and HeartGold...eventually. In any case, Emboar and me will be razing anyone who stands in our way with incinerating flames of utter fury!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Snivy. I like all 3 starters, I just dislike their evolutions. If Serperior had arms and legs I'd like it more, but eh, Snivy's my pick.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Not sure,I was going to go with Tepig,but I do not know now. I like all 3 starters so I might just get all 3. Though I do not really like Tepig's last evo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    I'm torn at the moment between Snivy and Oshwatt. Leaning twords Snivy- I love him so much... and it would be nice to start with another Grass type like I did in Red. I adore Oshwatt and its finale form too though, so its a tough call!

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • I am determined to get Tepig! its so cute! i have been a recent Fire starter fan due to my HG "Cyndareep" combo going better than i thought, so i am pretty much made my mind up.

Nameless.

I'm going to probably end up transferring my level 50 shiny Snivy from my Japanese White version. I mean, he's a shiny Pokemon and he's my buddy, so why not? I know he won't listen to me for a while, but that's alright. I can always catch other Pokemon to use until the time comes where I can use him. :3

Though, what I am going to pick is an Oshawott. I will use that little otter too alongside my team.
    I think I might try soft resetting for a shiny one, but if I get a Dewott at all I am a happy camper. <3

Last edited:

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I think im will choose snivy or Oshawott. I usually pick water but this Gen i might give grass a chance.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Totally going for Snivy. It's an issue of looks. I can't deal with a powerful pokemon that's visually unappealing. Snivy looks great all three evolutions. IMO, Tepig's basic form is the only cute one, and Oshawott's last one bugs me.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
    Years
  • well at the moment im playing black and white (english translation patch)
    and Im trying out the 3 starters first so i can pick more easily on the official english one when i get it Pokabu (tepig) got me through pokemon white in about a week
    im still trying Tsutarja (Snivy) on Black Im up to Huin City
    i think i will go with tepig though

Back