• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Water lover, so Oshawott! ;) I'm surprised it's the second most popular. I remember before we found out about their evos and all Oshawott was the least popular (judging by polls). Now it has 33 votes only behind Snivy (which is my second favorite)!

ArcanineLink

Experienced Arcanine Trainer
    Years
  • I am going to choose Oshawott. The last evolution Samurott looks awesome!. I think Tepigs last evolution looks ridiculous but thats just my opinion. Also the Fire/Fighting type combo i have never liked and im suprised that this combo has came into this game for a starter as it has been in the previous 2 gens. Maybe something like Fire/Dark would have been more interesting?. Anyways Snivy looks cool and he would be my second choice but Oshawott is my first choice :)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • For some strange reason, I am ALWAYS drawn to the Water starter. I always like them the best. Wartortle is still one of my favorite Pokemon to date, and so is Totodile. :)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    For some strange reason, I am ALWAYS drawn to the Water starter. I always like them the best. Wartortle is still one of my favorite Pokemon to date, and so is Totodile. :)

I am going to choose Oshawott. The last evolution Samurott looks awesome!. I think Tepigs last evolution looks ridiculous but thats just my opinion. Also the Fire/Fighting type combo i have never liked and im suprised that this combo has came into this game for a starter as it has been in the previous 2 gens. Maybe something like Fire/Dark would have been more interesting?. Anyways Snivy looks cool and he would be my second choice but Oshawott is my first choice :)
    Water lovers unite! :laugh:
    Though I need to go look up Oshawott's moves and compare its stats. Something I still haven't done. Regardless it's my number one pick by far.

Snivy <3

How could you not choose him?
    Because I want Oshawott. I just noticed its name is so cute.

Last edited:

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Suprisingly, I like ALL of the starters and their final forms, but I prefer Snivy. I'm not going to use it on my good copy of the game though, because its base stats are really poor. Soo....

White-Oshawott
    Black-Tepig
    Rom-Snivy (already done)

Years
  • It's close between Tepig and Oshawott, with Oshawott winning. Mostly because I already have a fire type planned for my team, and I hate to double up types.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • It's got to be Tepig :D

I mean, it's evolved form looks like it could be a Beast Ganon xD

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Oshawott, victory again! It's becoming more popular day by day, well at least to me.

Chadlington

Aka Will Vailencourt
    Years
  • Im going with Snivy, But I plan to try and have an all dark team. Hopefully I can teach it some dark type moves!! It will be sick as!

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Won't ultimately decide till the day I get it, but I'm highly considering Snivy as he reminds me of Treecko, which was my second favourite Hoenn starter.

The fire type starter this time round has really let me down, Charmander, Cyndaquil and Torchic all had awesome looking evolution lines, Chimchar was tolerable to say the least. But this time, I think I'll just collect this one via trade when I'm collecting all 3.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • C-C-C-Combo breaker

I've changed my mind yet again... u_u

I love all 3 starters and had a hard time deciding :c but Tepig is going to be the one for me <3 Look at the little piggeh D;

amd

Years
  • I chose the grass type on my brief Japanese playthrough, probably going to choose the fire pig this time. :P

Back