• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
If I were to get the game, I'd get Snivy. :3 I was originally going to pick Tepig, but it's evolution line completely disappointed me. : < Oshawott is a second choice, but I'd rather stick with Snivy. It's a very good Pokémon. :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
I'd definitely pick Snivy because Serperior is probably one of the better looking Pokémon in this generation. He's based off a serpent, so he'd look epic alongside Milotic. Either way, I typically go with grass-type starters (Venusaur in FR/LG and Torterra in DPPt).

blue

gucci
Years
I want a starter in my team, but then there are so many more Pokémon that I like in this generation that I want in my team, it's a pity it's just six, then again, it would be much harder if you had something like, ten to train.

Years
I've already picked Mijumaru because he's the cutest of the bunch (though his evolutions are kind of meh), but if I were to start a new game I would go with Pokabu next. I don't think I'd bother with Tsutaaja though. I don't really care for that one. :|

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I started with Mijumaru in White. :) And I'll get a Pokabu and trade that to White as soon as I can. Then for my actual playthrough of Black, I'll be using Tsutaaja. :) -votes for all three?- lol

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Snivy. I love it's look, it resembles me a tad, even my sister said it :D Also, I favour grass type starters to the others, then water, I dislike the fire types. My problem is, I'll be getting the 3rd version, maybe even White after I get Black first. So who will I chose then? I dislike the rest but I guess I can manage Oshawott if I get White. Then perhaps all 3 for the third version? But I dislike Tepig's evo's typing. We'll see when the time comes...

Years
well.i know ill use oshawott for white, and if i get black, its snivy for the win.
Dewott <3 rules

Years
I will probably choose Snivy. But then I'll get Panpour as gift Pokémon I think... needless to say, I find that Pokémon so ugly.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I would get the water starter, just because its final evolution is pretty awesome. That and I always get the water starter (with the exception of GSC).

Gamedudebt

Pokemon Master
Years
I'd choose Snivy, because all three of his evolution forms are pretty cool, and I never chose a grass type pokemon as a starter in the previous games, so i'll start with him.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
A female Tepig. Evolve it once, then keep it that way. Breed fom there.

Will trade for the other two options.

The Fire-Fighting dual typing seems great from what I can tell by my browsing since Japanese release. Having yet to buy/play, seems simple enough to make up for any short comings of Pignite by using zebra/deer/geo2'd.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
Years
Without hesitation, I'll pick Snivy, because he's smarter and more beautiful than the two others. That's what I think. xD
And all his evolutions are pretty cool.
Also, it will change for me, I rarely took grass type starter.

Vindra

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 4, 2017
I'll choose Snivy, without a doubt. He looks so cool and smug, and his final evolution is beautiful and elegant. I am a sucker for grass Pokemon.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
My favorite is Snivy, but I am going to pick Oshawott because I REALLY want to have Deerling/Sawsbuck on my team.

Back