• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shreds of Time- Sign-up/OOC Thread

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
(blinks) I'm not going to be good with names like that...I can usually only think of Japanese names... >_< Sorry.

Nice sig by the way Wind~! I lol'd in real life and my mum was wondering what was wrong with me. XD

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Japanese names are fine.
Kimuto was supposed to sound as such.
Also, That's the second time someone's noted my sig XD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
I know. :3

Akuma Village? With just that name, I could think of a whole plot for that town. x3 (Akuma means demon)

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Really? I thought Oni meant demon. Like Onigafuchi /reference.
Anyway, Akuma Village will go in the top right of the region.
I purposely made that part like traditional Japan.

Akuma Village
A small village in the top right of the region.
it is named Akuma, "Demon" because of an old belief that Demons
would emerge from the shadows at night, and inflict disease or drive
people insane.
One particular incident happened in the years 1980-1983,
a bizzare string of murders, each happening anually on the
night of the Watanagashi festival.

/Massive Reference.
I wonder if you know the reference XD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
I'm pretty sure that one means monster and one means demon. o.0 Not exactly sure which, but it isn't that much of a difference. xD

~Wind~

Detective
Years
We'll start next sunday (not tomorrow) as I've got a School trip to Italy till then.
Anyone know the reference of Akuma village's history?
Spoiler:

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
Years
I return from the land of no internets, sleep or lack of foods! As for town names...I dunno. Gimme a couple of days and I'll probably dredge up a few for ya.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Hy , i just wanted to inform you that Grifspark has some problems with accessing the PC (again ) so he asked me to tell you about this. He'll get back as soon as he can.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
Years
Zamorak- The fleshed out history helped, but the best was the great RP sample, Accepted.

Just read the RP sample for the first time since writing it, freaked me out that I was the one who wrote it at all... Weird to be scared by something that I created.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
Akuma Village
A small village in the top right of the region.
it is named Akuma, "Demon" because of an old belief that Demons
would emerge from the shadows at night, and inflict disease or drive
people insane.
One particular incident happened in the years 1980-1983,
a bizzare string of murders, each happening anually on the
night of the Watanagashi festival.

Hmm... I see a sub-plot in that one considering the whole time-basedness of this RPG (I doubt time-basedness is a word, but that's besides the point).

Oh, and I solved the whole problem with Pokecommunity, so I'm back now... yay!

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Ha, I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks Grifspark, you can expect that sometime in the RP.
Anyway, who wants to get this RP started!
I'm going make a list of a few important characters along the period of the RP, first up, Hunter, this mission's Admin!
You'll notice that most of these characters won't have history, this is because most of them will not have met your characters before.

Name: Hunter
Appearence: Hunter has light blonde, mid long hair, and a slightly muscular body, his eyes seem to be emeralds, always sparkling and a vivid green. As an Admin, He is required to wear the Legends Guard uniform at all times duringworking hours or missions; dark grey shorts or trouser, red jacket with gold rims, including the Legends Guard symbol on it, and wrist cuffs.

Personality: Hunter acts kindly, but can be annoyed at times.
The group does not know much else as of yet.
Known history:
Long time members will have seen Hunter around a few times,but usually, he would be on a mission.
He was recently promoted to Admin rank, and this is his first time in control of a mission.
He selected a few current members that either showed promise or were good to rely on:
Miharu Mizushima, Grant Dreguls, Set Kaita and Grey Rose.
Aswell as some new recruits, to see what they could do;
Nathan Thompson, Draco DeQualot, Thomas Grimshaw, Steve Hurscht and Farrah Blanchard.
He has asked Miharu Mizushima and Grey Rose not to use thier most powerful pokemon unless it is an emergency.

Pokemon: Salemence, Absol and Glalie.
Thier attacks and levels are unkown to the group as of yet.

I also have a rather rubbish, but enlightening (XD) "drawing" of the uniform.
Spoiler:

That's all!

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Ha, I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks Grifspark, you can expect that sometime in the RP.
Anyway, who wants to get this RP started!
I'm going make a list of a few important characters along the period of the RP, first up, Hunter, this mission's Admin!
You'll notice that most of these characters won't have history, this is because most of them will not have met your characters before.

Name: Hunter
Appearence: Hunter has light blonde, mid long hair, and a slightly muscular body, his eyes seem to be emeralds, always sparkling and a vivid green. As an Admin, He is required to wear the Legends Guard uniform at all times duringworking hours or missions; dark grey shorts or trouser, red jacket with gold rims, including the Legends Guard symbol on it, and wrist cuffs.

Personality: Hunter acts kindly, but can be annoyed at times.
The group does not know much else as of yet.
Known history:
Long time members will have seen Hunter around a few times,but usually, he would be on a mission.
He was recently promoted to Admin rank, and this is his first time in control of a mission.
He selected a few current members that either showed promise or were good to rely on:
Miharu Muzishima, Grant Dreguls, Set Kaita and Grey Rose.
Aswell as some new recruits, to see what they could do;
Nathan Thompson, Draco DeQualot, Thomas Grimshaw, Steve Hurscht and Farrah Blanchard.
He has asked Miharu Muzishima and Grey Rose not to use thier most powerful pokemon unless it is an emergency.

Pokemon: Salemence, Absol and Glalie.
Thier attacks and levels are unkown to the group as of yet.

I also have a rather rubbish, but enlightening (XD) "drawing" of the uniform.
Spoiler:

That's all!

(reads over breifly, blinks, then sees something)

Wait a minute...YOU SPELLED MIZUSHIMA WRONG. D= Twice! D=

~Wind~

Detective
Years
uh... Oops..
Sorry! XD I'll change it immediatly, please dont kill me!!!!!!
OK, so im just gonna kickstart the roleplay now.

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Late OOC

>Name: Raike Destan
>Age: 20
>Gender: Male
Physical: Raike's hair color is a very dark shade of brown, why the hairstyle itself is mostly messy, covering his left eye. His eyes are a darker shade of blue. He stands at about 5'9 and is moderately built. His skin color is a light tan.
Clothing: Raike tends to wear a blue t-shirt with a white jacket. He wears baggy blue jeans with a chain. His shoes' base color is black. He wears special black gloves that can allow him to touch pokemon such as Electrike or Infernape without getting severely burned or electrocuted.
>Personality: Raike's original nature is very isolated. He likes to be alone with his pokemon some of the time. However, he is not completely anti-social, as he eventually warms up to people. He likes to keep his pokemon out of their pokeballs, and will when traveling or simply walking through a town. He does not take pokemon abuse lightly, and thoroughly punishes those who do show such behavior.

In battles he stays calm and collected, but can be quite fierce. He sometimes works out strategies, or as an alternative he likes to just try different tactics. Only when enraged will he go all out, as it is a very reckless thing to do and can often get your pokemon injured. Despite his isolated nature, he can be very courageous, and would not be one to leave any person (friend or stranger) or pokemon in dangerous situations. He possesses a very strong sense of pokemon rights, and some would say he cares more for the pokemon, rather than people.
>History: Sky grew up in a rich family in Viridian city, with a mother and father and an older brother. Unfortunately, his brother got all the love and attention, while Raike was always the one who" couldn't do anything right, and was always blamed for everything bad that happened. Raike then began to harbor a grudge against his family, and swore that one day he would leave. One night at the age of 3 whilst Raike was trying to sleep he heard sounds of fighting outside; he looked out of the window to see an Electrike trying to defend itself against a Poochyena. Raike got out of his bed, put his shoes on, and grabbed one of the 3 empty pokeballs he had stolen from his brother's room.
He ran outside and put himself between the Electrike and the Poochyena trying to defend the Electrike. Raike threw the pokeball; it shook, again...again... Stabilized! He walked up to the pokeball, picking it up and holding it to his face, smiling. He then waved goodbye to the Electrike and began to walk back to the house, it followed him into the house. Raike tried to tell it to go back to the forest but it did not listen, insisting on staying with him, so eventually he let it, he then snuck into his brother's room and stole a bag of pokemon food, stashing it in his room He then fed the Electrike and captured it, naming him Surge.
For the next 17 years, he trained it. On the night his 20th birthday, that was the night he left his parents house, sneaking out with clothing and food both for him and Surge, who insisted on being out of him pokeball now. He then began traveling the world. During his travels, he came across the Legends Guard. Intrigued, he joined it, and quickly rose through the ranks. Despite his skill, he was still called a rookie, as he had only joined one year ago. When news of this new mission reached Raike, he became excited, eagerly accepting the mission.
>RP Sample: -It had been some time since Raike had traveled like this. No more training or practice, just him and Surge. As they walked through the forest, he smiled, looking down at him, thinking about all the weird things they had encountered. Three empty pokeballs hung at his waist-
"Heh so Surge, we've been walking from some time now, but I don't suppose you know how far we are from the next city huh?"
-The Electrike looked up at him. Both him face and his thoughts spelled out" Are you serious?-
"Heh yeah I'm just playing with ya"
-Surge rolled him eyes and kept walking. After a few more miles, he found a clearing and sat there looking at him with his ruby colored eyes.-
"Heh, this seems like a good spot, and it looks like you're done for the day huh?"
-Raike pulled out a small flag out of his bag and stuck it in the ground, to mark the area-
"Well, are gonna help me get some firewood or am I gonna have to go myself?"
-A few hours later Raike was lying down on his bedspread looking at the stars in the night sky. Surge wasn't too close, but she was close enough to feel comfortable.-
"Hey Surge do you think that the Legend of Palkia is true?"
-He asked this still looking at the sky. Surge shrugged and closed his eyes, sending a message mentally adding a hint of irritation-
"Heh yeah right, time to sleep... Good night!"
-Raike then rolled over on his side, and soon he too, was fast asleep.-
*Pokemon:
>Name: Surge
>Gender: Male
>Species: Electrike
>Personality: Being Raike's first pokemon, they share a very strong and unique relationship. It's almost as if they have formed an emotional link. With this link, they share feelings and thoughts, the closest they can get to actually speaking to each other. He cares deeply for him and will attack those who try to hurt him furiously.
Unusual markings: Surge's base color is completely black, unlike most Electrikes. His eyes are colored like that of a ruby's

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Ok, so far, Farrah Blanchard seems to be out, since her user has disappeared.
I'll start checking on the others soon.

Back