• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shreds of Time- Sign-up/OOC Thread

~Wind~

Detective
Years
  • This is the thread for OOC talk and Sign-ups.
    The main thread is here.
    Ok, Lets go guys!

Sign-Up:
    Copy paste ftw!

Name: Your characters name (did that really need explanation?)
    Appearence: What your character looks like.
    Personality: How your character acts.
    History: A brief bit of flashback to your character's life, include why they joined the Legends Guard and a few of thier experiences there (unless they just joined)
    Pokemon: One pokemon. Any pokemon, but no legends, ans it must be Baby or basic (pichu, pikachu.)
    RP sample: If you would like to show your skill (and rack up extra points)

Rules:
    You can't play chess without the rules... unless you're cheating.
    Please read these in the main thread.
    I will know whether you've read it or not,
    so don't try to trick me! :P

OOC:

Out of Character talk!
    If the thread starts to lose OOC topic,
    I will edit this post and put a new topic here.
    The first OOC topic is:
    What should the Town/Village/City names be?

Other:
    Misc.
    Please notify me if I've left anything out, ok?
    Happy OOCing!

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Yup!
    It can be either be before joining legends guard, or as a mission after joining.
    Legends Guard is a bit like a ranger, but rather than protecting pokemon, they're protecting the worlds balance so it doesn't collapse.
    Just make sure you either have a new pokemon with you or your pokemon is under level 30 to 50
    I'm not too sure...
    but if you read the spoiler (naughty!) then you'll know why you can't be too strong.
    Shreds of Time is a term with multiple meanings...

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • You can if you want, but that feature is mostly there for those who either don't have a good sign-up but are good at actual RPing, or people who join after the slots are filled.
    (You need an extremely awesome post to get in after that.)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Oh, what was it...Grey Cloud? Stormy Cloud?

Hey, hey, hey, you said that if you were a mod checking the thread in order to accept it...xP I'll finish this later. X_X Sorry.

Name: Miharu Mizushima
    (Yes I really did need an explanation)

(What about those with two genders? WHAT ABOUT THEM?!)

Appearance:
    Miharu has long black hair and black eyes. She is sometimes told that her eyes look "unnatural" and "unnerving" when she stares at someone, so she uses that to her advantage. She wears a long black sleeve shirt and ratty jeans. She doesn't care much about her appearance and as such she acts accordingly. She doesn't like wearing shoes, although if necessary, she will wear sandals.

Personality:
    Miharu isn't very trustworthy and is very cold and calculating. She normally doesn't care about people, but if a pokemon is in trouble, she would always do what she could to help them. She is very sarcastic and curses frequently, though it's mostly inwardly and when the situation calls for it, outwardly. She hates it when people brood about their life, especially if their life isn't bad and she also despises arrogance. She's very quiet though, but at other times she isn't afraid to speak her mind. She has quite a temper on her though, and can snap at your private feelings easily. She really only has a good relationship with her pokemon. In reality, she's a very contradicting person with a very "unique" personality.

History:
    At ten, she went on her pokemon journey from Pallet Town. She hadn't needed a pokemon from Professor Oak, since she had her male Ralts since she was a little kid. She had defeated all eight gym leaders and competed at the Indigo Plateau and managed to go into the top sixteen before losing to another skilled trainer with more experience. She went to Johto after losing and gotten all eight gym badges, but did not compete in the Indigo League again.

After that, she traveled to the Hoenn region where she did not capture any more pokemon for her team. She won all eight gym badges and competed in their league. She had managed to make it into the top four, but lost and as she was in fourth place, she was unable to challenge the elite four and Wallace. Afterward, she went to Sinnoh. She then, not surprisingly, beat all eight gym leaders and competed in their tournament. This time, at age sixteen, she won the whole thing. She challenged the Elite Four and Cynthia, and had managed to beat the Elite Four but barely lost to Cynthia. After that, she decided to join the Legends Guard, but before that, as a good luck gift, she had gotten an Eevee from Cynthia. She had past the Legends Guard's test afterwords and is now a new member.

Pokemon: Since Miharu has been on a pokemon journey, Gallade. But if that's not allowed, Eevee. (And in sometime in the future, Eevee will become Jolteon x3)

Notes: Miharu has had training in several types of martial arts and is a black belt in all of them. She has an IQ over 200. She has a speaking disability, can't use "can't" "don't" "couldn't" etc., and cannot use "you" to refer to another person (i.e., "Hey, you there!" That phrase would become: "Hey, person.")

RP sample: You already know how I RP, but if I have to...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
  • Grey/Cloud

Alright, here is my sign up! :)

Name
    : Farrah Robyn Blanchard

Appearence: Being born and raised in an exotic, tropical island faraway from all five of the major regions in the Pokemon world, Farrah has a unique, dark-skinned complexion. She has bright, hazel-colored eyes that she inherited from her mother, of whom is a well-known former model back in her homeland. Her light-brown, curly hair is a trait she shares with her father, as well as her tall height of 5'10" (around 1.5m).

Farrah's usual attire consists of a long, dark blue and gold-striped poncho that has a black trident in the back. Underneath the poncho, she sports a black and navy blue 'one-shoulder' t-shirt with a Hello Kitty pin latched onto the shoulder. She wears a black mini-skirt and black, open-toed anklestrap 4-inch high heels; this brings her height to around 6'2" (around 1.8m).

Farrah's curly, light-brown hair is usually left natural, although should any special occasions come up, she will typically straighten her hair and put it in a bun. She has bright, white and straight teeth as a result of wearing braces as a child.

Personality: Farrah usually "speaks" with her eyes or facial expressions, rather than actually saying anything. She is more of a listener rather than one to ramble on about themselves. She feels that saying too much can be harmful, and would rather open up when she builds up trust in someone. Because of this, she has a tendency to appear as "stand-offish," and a common misconception is that she is rude and stuck up.

When she feels that she can get close to someone, she has no problem showing her more sensitive side. Farrah has a rather random, as well as sarcastic sense of humor. Around her friends, she is much more relaxed and enjoys letting loose. Usually, she will avoid confrontation, but if the situation scales to the point of seemingly no return, she is not afraid to stand her ground and retaliate if the situation calls for it.

All-in-all, Farrah can be described as a girl who is tough, yet would much rather be relaxing and drinking root beer with her friends than being in conflict.

History: Farrah Robyn Blanchard was on December 24 in a tropical island that is quite far from every known region-to-date, although due to the fact that she owns a Tepig, it would seem that the closest main region to her island is Unova. Farrah's mother, Saniya, made a living as an extremely world famous model; her father, Rohan, was a music producer for a local production company on the island. Because of Saniya's intense work schedule, she traveled around the world many times, and Farrah and her two younger twin brothers (Wilco and Kamari) would often join her. The Blanchard family was a force to be reckoned with and was considered to be one of the wealthiest families living on the island.

As Farrah matured into an adolescent, she became quite interested in Pokemon training. By this time, her twin brothers, despite being around two and a half years younger than her, had already left to become trainers a month or two after their 11th birthday. Farrah chose to stay on the island to assist her mother around the house, whose modeling career had to end abruptly after she had been diagnosed with an acute form of cancer. Despite her job loss, the family was still making an abundant amount of money due to her father's music producing career; he had eventually started his own production company sometime before Saniya had been diagnosed with cancer, which has been a huge success so far.

Around Farrah's 15th birthday, she decided to leave the island to become a Pokemon trainer since her mother's cancer had finally been eliminated. She first met up with her brothers, who were traveling in the Unova region, and received her first Pokemon, which was an Oshawott. Her brother Wilco acquired gym badges, while Kamari traveled to study medicines that could help Pokemon. Wilco got runner-up in the Unova Pokemon League, and decided to travel to the Sinnoh region and compete in the league, while Kamari stayed in Unova to assist Professor Araragi. Farrah returned to the island after traveling with her brothers, and stayed there for a few more years because her mother's cancer unfortunately relapsed. Saniya died six months before Farrah decided to travel to the Kimuto region, after leaving all of her Pokemon at home except for an egg that she won at a karaoke competition that contained a Tepig.

Soon after arriving to the Kimuto region, Farrah learned of an organization known as the Legend Guards, and decided to join simply because she wanted to figure out a way to better hone her skills as a trainer.

Pokemon: Tepig (Pokabu)

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • a small grey cloud flew over the hills. (guess the words from that, Non-rule readers)

It's Ok to have gallade, but you must have eevee and only use gallade if:
    Spoiler:

Anyway, here's my character, he doesn't take up any of the 7 slots, so there is still room for 3-4 more RP'ers

Name: Set Kaita
    Appearence:
    Set has blue hair that is spiked at the back but still hangs at the front, his Grey eyes are clear, rather than stormy, and show his calm nature.
    Set is around 5 foot 9, but does not have much upper body strength, fortunately, he is quick and can land a good kick when needed.
    Set casually wears a long sleeved blue shirt or a grey shirt with a glalie imprint on it with plain blue jeans, though when on a mission he usually wears the Legends Guard jacket over his usual clothes, although it is not mandatory for anyone under admin to wear uniform unless stated otherwise.
    Personality:
    Set is quite calm and not easily provoked to anger, but will become enraged if he sees something as extremely cruel or evil.
    Set often looks at the sky and particularly likes mornings in the Kentu region, when the sky is white.
    Set is loyal to his friends, but can be annoying or mean to people he particularly doesn't like.
    History:
    Set was born in the Kentu region, part of Angla.
    While he lived most of his life in Kentu, Set once visited the Tahjo region, a place that his father had explored when he was 14 years old.
    This is where he first heard of the Legends Guard, as they had set up here after a disaster involving Kyurem of the Unova region.
    He was inspired by thier sense of justice and balance, things he was interested in.
    When he was 14, Set was given an egg containing an Oshawott. while the egg didn't hatch until Set was 15, Set joined legends guard and was given zigzagoon to use until the egg hatched.
    At first Set simply solved minor issues around Kentu, but when he proved to be good at his job, he was put on a mission in the Hoenn region, recon on the remains of team aqua's base. this is when his Oshawott hatched, due to the similar climate to Unova.
    Set was put on this mission to Kimuto in order to test his ability in new areas such as battling and physical combat.
    Pokemon:
    Oshawott.
    Named: Futa
    Level: 11
    Nature: Hasty. Futa normally is raring to battle, and is Set's Ace pokemon, due to being with him since birth.
    History: Futa was hatched in lilycove while Set was on a mission in Hoenn, and was given to Set by his father.
    Since then, Futa has trained with Set's zigzagoon, Xig, and is now level 11.
    Futa cannot wait to evolve into a futachimaru, and is excited for his new mission.
    Moves: Tackle, Tail whip, Water gun, Water sport.
    Unusable:
    Zigzagoon.
    Named: Xig.
    level: 26
    History: Xig was given to Set when he joined Legends Guard, and is a great friend of him and Oshawott.
    Xig was exstatic when Futa hatched, and has since trained with him every day.
    Moves: Tackle, Headbutt, Sand-attack, pin missile
    RP sample:
    I don't really have to do this, but just demonstrating that if you want, you may do this as an rp sample:
    Spoiler:

Btw, about the superly unfinished sign-up earlier, I accidently pressed enter. :nervous:

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • So, no Gallade in battle until I do the thing mentioned in the spoiler? (Trying to make sure I get it)

Anyways, I'll finish my SU now. Got an hour until school starts. (YES TWO HOUR DELAY!)

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • I guess you can use it while battling Kier, since he'll have like, level 20-50 pokemon, depending on the levels of other members strongest pokemon. (if they have any.)

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
  • You can if you want, but that feature is mostly there for those who either don't have a good sign-up but are good at actual RPing, or people who join after the slots are filled.
    (You need an extremely awesome post to get in after that.)

Ah, fair enough. Been kind of busy over here, what with the Christmas dealio getting underway. Also, I'll just pop my su over here in a spoiler for convenience.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Michaela:
    You can use gallade once eevee gets to about the same level, but if you are doing what's mentioned in the spoiler, battling kier or any other particularly hard opponent, you can use him.
    Also, is the gallade Bishamon?
    Cynda:
    Thanks!

Ok guys, should I put this RP on hold from december 22nd?
    or just leave it?

Edit: Comiturtle- Reserved

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Michaela:
    You can use gallade once eevee gets to about the same level, but if you are doing what's mentioned in the spoiler, battling kier or any other particularly hard opponent, you can use him.
    Also, is the gallade Bishamon?
    Cynda:
    Thanks!

Ok guys, should I put this RP on hold from december 22nd?
    or just leave it?

Edit: Comiturtle- Reserved

Yes, the Gallade is Bishamon. x3

I had just realized, I had typed all of my SU down and head off to school after the two hour delay and I had thought that I clicked "save changes", but it ends up that I didn't and my mother turned off the computer. My finished SU was deleted.

FML. XD

I'll be redoing it today. ^^

If you want to put it on hold, put it on hold. If you don't, then don't. o-o.

Edit: Done! ^^ Tell me if Miharu seems to be a bit overpowered. >_> At least she lost against Cynthia? xD

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Michaela- Accepted
    She doesn't seem too overpowered, but she seems to be unlucky with leagues XD
    I'm just gonna say that Hu... um... The Admin in charge of this mission...
    Asked Miharu not to use Bishamon unless needed.
    Sound good to you?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Michaela- Accepted
    She doesn't seem too overpowered, but she seems to be unlucky with leagues XD
    I'm just gonna say that Hu... um... The Admin in charge of this mission...
    Asked Miharu not to use Bishamon unless needed.
    Sound good to you?

If Miharu gets into any trouble, Miharu will be forced to tape the pokeball closed and that probably wouldn't work. XD

It'll be like this;

Bad Guy holds out a gun to Miharu. "If you move even one inch, I'll pull the trigger and you die!"

Miharu sighed. "Can I at least tape my pokeball shut? I think I'll need one more piece of tape..."

Bad guy blinked. "...?"

Miharu took that as a yes and got a piece of tape and taped it over Bishamon's pokeball. "There."

Bishamon suddenly appeared behind the bad guy with the gun and knocked him out.

Miharu sighed. "Never mind, I'll probably be fired."

That's how it would all go down! xD

Ah, wait I need to add something to the SU.

Martial Arts, IQ is over 200 sort of thing. XD

ComiTurtle

The cake is a lie.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Grey Clouds are pretty cool.

Name: Grant Dreguls

Appearance: Grant has mid-length messy dirty-brown hair that at the end curls to the left to stay about the same height and out of his eyes, but still occasionally, his hair moves and coverers his deep blue eyes. His eyes hide behind his rectangle shaped glasses that are made out of titanium and give him an intelligent look. He stands about five foot eleven inches, which is a good height. He has a semi-athletic build that is more so for running or swimming then lifting or throwing. He enjoys wearing a pinstriped fedora and suit with pinstriped slacks personally tailored to fit just right. He is always wearing gloves changing the color everyday between black, grey, and white. You won't find Grant without his titanium suitcase, which holds his old pokemon. His shoes are dark grew and shined so well you could see your reflection in them.

Personality: Grant was always looking for challenges that he could test himself against so he could prove himself. He was also very free-spirited you couldn't get him to stop doing anything he wished to do after he put his mind to it even if it was dangerous. He has a good heart and could never hate anyone no mater what they have done he can only despise people strongly with a passion. He has never really been able to take a side on anything like to be good or evil he stays in the neutral gray zone in any fight. He is stubborn and likes to be in charge and he doesn't take back talk kindly. The one thing he cannot stand is people hurting or mistreating pokemon just the sight of it fills him with rage he will immediately fight the evildoer pokemon vs. human or human vs. human. It is rare to see him without a smile on his face and if you do not it is best to run.

History: Grant started his journey later then most people he didn't start until he was 16 and his family could afford him a pokeball. He was born in Hoenn, RustboroCity and as soon as he got his first pokeball he caught a Nincada. He got all eight badges by using a team of Banette, Shedinja, Sableye, and Ninjask. He made sure he could always fight two on two in which he would start out with Banette and Shedinja and make Banette use skill swap on it he then sent out Sableye and used skill Swap on it with Banette making Sableye invincible. He ended up fighting Miharu in top 4 and narrowly defeated her as Miharu had KOed Banette before it skill swapped. Grant then won the tournament. He faced off against Wallace who had agreed to a double battle Grant won against him with his normal strategy. He became champion for a year until Steven came back and defeated Grant quickly taking his spot as champion once again (who soon lost it again to Wallace.). However, with his effort Steven gave him an egg and a ticket to the Kimuto Region. The egg hatched on its way there into a female Snorunt which he decided he would only use in the Kimuto Region. Grant then joined the Legend guard and has done many great deeds in their name for legendary pokemon some have been easy tasks he did alone and others he has needed help with but so far, he has always completed his mission. One of his easier tasks was protected a Mew from being captured by a recovering Team Rocket who hopped to make another Mewtwo they could control easier. One of the more difficult ones he went on, with a group, was trying to calm the fight between Rayquaza and Deoxys the group had to freeze both of the pokemon with ice attacks and then seperate them a few miles before they thawed allowing each of the legendaries to escape. But his hardest mission, by far, was the one he foolishly went alone was when he went to Unova to stop them from enraging the fighting types Cobalon, Terrakion, Virizion, and Kerudio. Unfortunently when Grant got there, after defeating many Team Plasma members, the Legendaries were already enraged by being hit with dark attacks. Grant had to use his old team and Snorunt to even get close to keeping them all calm. That was his last misson before being sent on this one.

Pokemon: Snorunt: Female (Future Froslass.)
    Unusable Pokemon:
    Banette
    Ninjask
    Sableye
    Shedinja

RP sample: I'll try to find a good one soon.

Last edited:

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
  • Ok guys, should I put this RP on hold from december 22nd?
    or just leave it?

I'm going to say yes to putting it on hold, simply because I'll be helping run a camp for a week after Christmas. I just didn't want to miss out on getting in on the ground level for what looks to be an interesting rp!

Well, either that or Nate can watch from a conveneiently-located clump of bushes until I get back.

Back