• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shreds of Time- Sign-up/OOC Thread

~Wind~

Detective
Years
  • OK guys, I'm putting the RP on halt from tomorrow, until january the 10th,
    as first cyndaquasher has to help out at a camp, then I have to go to Italy for 9 days,
    you can still post sign-ups, but if they're posted between january 1st and 10th,
    they won't be accepted 'till the 10th, k?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm posting here like I did in the other thread asking for a reservation. I'm almost done with my sign up, all I have is the Pokemon left and to wrap up the History. Oh, yeah I think that Clouds are amazing... I'll probably edit this post in a second with it, haha.

EDIT: Okay, here's my SU. Enjoy!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
  • I'm gonna be really simple about this. Grey. Cloud.

Oooh, this looks really fun! SU sheet:

Name: Draco DeQualot

Appearence: Standing at 6 feet nothing, Draco haven't had his growth spurt yet, and was just born tall. He is slightly muscular, though not exactly six-pack, and also a little thin, though not very skinny. He has scars and bruises all over his body, results of his experience as a Pokemon Ranger. He has a pair of dimples, though they are only slightly visible. His hair is jet black, the top rather spiky, the bangs cut short on his forehead, with two strands hanging low reaching over his eyebrows. His eyes are dark grey, hiding behind a pair of sunglasses. His casual outfit is a white sleeveless shirt complimented with a grey necklace with a box pendant. He wears a black-and-white blazer-type of jacket over the shirt, though he left the middle unzippered. His casual bottoms consists of black baggy jeans and a pair of converse. On rare occasions he wears a black belt. His head area is covered by a headband bearing the words 'POKEMON RANGER' in big bold letters. In winter or fall he puts on a white scarf-like lump of thread that his mother made for him. Meant to be a scarf, more like a failed experiment. Although this is his usual clothes, his wardrobe also holds a black hoodie, a set of black tuxedo, complete with bowtie, sash and blazer, a white converse jacket and a plain black T.

Personality: Draco is extremely independent, and he also loves the outdoors. He easily gets over-excited about whatever he's doing, and is a hard-core perfectionist. He is also very intelligent and takes into account all his surroundings. That said, he has a tendency to overthink things. Although what he predicts is possible, they seem rather far-fetched. His speech is easily recognizable by the numerous hyperboles in it.

History: Draco has some experience as a Pokemon Ranger. He has the know-how and the knowledge about nearly every species known to mankind. Training pokemon only for fun at first, Draco became obsessed with competitive play after his brother won the Helje Tournaments. Now that his brother, Luke DeQualot, has become a Battle Tower legend, Draco insists on making the DeQualot name flourish even more, and he wishes to grace it just as his brother did. And even with his lack of experience in battling, Draco won the Silver Conference 3 years in a row now. His skills are now being compared to his brother, but both Draco and Luke just grinned and bore all the tall talk going about them. But one day Draco snapped. He left his home, leaving a note saying he can't take it anymore, took his six pokeballs and left for the Legend Guard. His current location is unknown to his family, and he just joined the Legend Guard (but already made some fame for himself).

Pokemon:

Usable:
    Male Banipucchi, no nickname, but often called Puch, for the sake of shortness.

In PC or elsewhere:
    Female Mamanbou, nicknamed Heartillery
    Female Staraptor, nicknamed Hurtillery
    Female Gochiruzeru, nicknamed Haltillery
    Male Flareon, nicknamed Charge
    Male Chilachino, nicknamed Starbucks
    Male Flygon, nicknamed Hourglass

these are all members of his old team, if you're wondering.

RP sample: If you ask for it, I'll do it.

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Deku is Accepted. (also, I don't mind him being 40)
    Gaia, could you tweak appearence, he reminds me of Lt. Surge, you are Pending.

Last edited:

Parivir

Years
  • OMG, i just realized that o.O lol xD

Well, it's tweaked now, I don't think it resembles anybody now, perhaps Koga a little bit, but not too much xD

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • I realise that I am hugely late considering when I asked to be reserved, but I was fraught with computor issues and the like, but I was wondering if there was still a place open for moi? Once I get the word I'll start working on the 'important' parts of the SU, but'll stick to things like name, etc until I'm sure a space is open.
    I think I shall choose Gligar as my starter Pokemon for reasons even I don't truely understand. Acting on impulse, you know? Anywho, I'll get that started, shall I?

EDIT: I might choose Ditto for my Pokemon actually, unless I can catch one some time in the RPG, since they are a highly underlooked character for Roleplays. *Shrug* oh well, I'll have decided by the time I make an SU...

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Name: Steve Hurscht (sounds like hurts but with the s before the t)

Appearence: Steve is nearly 6" tall, has black hair, light skin, and eyes that have irises green towards the outer edge and brown towards the center. He is also roughly 175 lb and his hair is normally short but unkempt.

Personality: Steve is a person who looks towards the good of the whole over that of the individual(i.e. If this person has to die for everyone else to get better then so be it). He is distrusting of people in general and keeps to himself. He is often hit by bouts of depression over the various deaths of his family[most particularly his sister].

History: Steve lived with his parents and older sister until he was eleven, after his sister moved out,when Steve's parents perished in a car crash.(I know this line sounds weird but its proper grammar) Afterwards Steve traveled around before going to stay with his sister who was owned a shop in a nearby city. With the death of his only remaining family Steve spent four years wandering before joining the Legends Guard.

Pokemon: Eevee- nicknamed Odessa- Female [I want to add more but i'm wandering if these pokemon are given to the assigned by the Legends Guard or caught by the trainers themselves.]

If its in brackets its a memory

This is more or less Steve in one of his depressed moods mentioned in the personality brought on by his sisters death.

RP sample: Steve was looking at the wall, surrounded by his own dark memories and emotions [Reading in my room, everything is fine]. Steve's eye notices a little crack in the wall for the thousandth time and traces it across the room [doorbell rings, can't be Sarah, the shop doesn't close for another hour and a half]. The crack ends in the corner of the room farthest from him, he falls completely into the memory he was trying to avoid [Opens the door, an officer is standing in place, looking grave. Steve's stomach drops, something isn't right, someones been hurt. The officer speaks, his voice is too low to hear, he stops then starts again louder "There has been an incident, we've been asked to pick you up from this location." Steve doesn't know what to do, what would Sarah think.... slowly a feeling worse then dread creeps through his body "What's happened?" he asks. The cop doesn't answer, Steve doesn't ask again, he just follows to the car, not a police vehicle, just a car.] He pulls himself out of his memories for a moment, he realizes his throat is dry, but he doesn't want to get up, he just wants to focus on staying in the present, but its so hard, he gives up, "Let the memory finish, its too hard to fight" he thinks, he drifts back ["A hospital?" He thinks with a grim joy, hospital means injury, not death, he both feels the pressure let up a little, but the thing worse then dread stays with him, even injury is still a terrible thing. They walk in the doors, they go left, it starts getting cold, a sign "Morgue" it reads. His insides crumble against the pressure of what has happened, "gone" he thinks, over and over and over and over, he falls against the wall. The officer asks if hes ok, he thinks no but says yes. They keep walking, doors spread apart, his sister is there, on a table, theres a hole in her upper chest, it all goes dark.... he wakes up, in a bed, its warmer then before but the bed is nearly as stiff as the floor was,the realization hits him, his sisters dead, i'm in a hospitable bed because I passed out, there are no tears, just sadness, a deep, deep, sadness.] Steve looks at the ceiling, he stares at the light, after a minute he looks towards the wall again and counts how many seconds it takes before he can no longer see the light outlined on the wall.

Hope I get accepted!!!

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • I'm gonna wait for grifspark before accepting you, I may grant one of you acceptance, or maybe even both.
    But please flesh out the history a bit.
    (I swear, almost no-one has actually been in legend's guard for a while, they all just joined xD)

GrifSpark

Years
  • Ok then, I'll get an SU up and running. And on the subject of everyone just joining, what's the fun in being there for ages? Being new to the whole situation is an awful lot more fun, and interesting than being a long-term member.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Yeah, but you don't have to be there for ages, My character has been in legends guard for a year, and only one big mission.

GrifSpark

Years
  • Oh, um... Grey clouds and stuff...

*Chuckles* my guys been in the Legend's Guard for what? A week? Less than that actually... anywho, here's my SU, as promised. As such, let me know if I've missed anything, or have done something completely wrong. There's bound to be summin'!

Name: Thomas 'Grim' Grimshaw

Appearance: Standing just above 6ft, 6'2" to be even more exact, Grim is a fairly tall person, which is something he rather enjoys in all honesty. His skin colour would usually be fairly pale from his family background, but ever since his family moved to a warmer region, coupled with the fact he spends a large amount of time outside, it has tanned slightly. One of Grim's most defining features are his eyes, which are of a pale green colour, which makes him look just a little older than he truly is, although not by a huge amount. His hair, which is kept a little longer than most, covers his ears slightly, and is highly unstyled, since he really can't be bothered with anything of the sort. Luckily, having it that way suits him. With Grim's height, he is fairly thin for his age, although it's barely noticeable.
    Clothing wise, Grim prefers to go for comfortable, since it just makes the day easier. For his shirt, he wears a white, short-sleeve T-shirt, which is completely plain, however, over that is a short-sleeved button shirt, which is a shade of purple, which is actually Grim's favourite colour. Simple blue jeans are worn to cover his legs, and are fairly ordinary to be honest. Finally, last but not least, are the kid's shoes. He wears a pair of converse trainers, each purple, much the same as his shirt.

Personality: Grim is your general joker among the pack, as some would put it, rather contradictory to the nickname which has stuck with him since he was young, although he would simply think of himself as comic-relief, although many would prefer him not to be in quite a few situations. He's generally light-hearted a cheerful through most situations, and really only stops being so cheerful when he's feeling ill, which happens every-so-often. Grim tries to keep serious at a few points in his life, but at times he really can't stop himself. His wise-cracks and slightly sardonic attitude is, in a way, a defence mechanism. He tends to do it more often when he's nervous, or in trouble, which tends to be a situation which arises often with his sense of humour. Being funny's his thing, and he knows little else.
    He's known to be a little emotionally 'effeminate' so to speak, and often ends up in awkward situations or makes strange comments which make him sound ever-so-slightly homosexual. He's not, but it's comments like "well if I were a guy I'd... did I just say 'if I were a guy?" which can often be comical, keeping in terms with his general joke-like nature.
    Grim is often loyal to his close friends, and would tend to play a more defensive role in his Pokémon battles, preferring to defend his allies rather than fight against the foe, although that's not to say he can't if he puts his mind to it.
    He's annoyed by people who are overly bossy, or over competitive, preferring just to relax rather than people with those sort of quirks. He can bear them if they're not too extreme, but he can become annoyed by them.
    A personal hobby of his is table tennis, in which he is rather good, if he does say so himself. It's not a fact which he openly expresses though. Not because he's embarrassed by it, but he just never finds that it ever comes up in conversation, and never bothers to attempt to bring it up, as it's rarely relevant.

History: Blazing summers and warm evenings were never something that Grim had ever been used to during his early life. Born in the chilly, northern areas of Sinnoh, Snowpoint city to be exact, he had to put up with the half-freezing winters that came every year, something that he hated. Many of the other people he knew, mostly his friends and family had no problem with the cool nature of the area, but Grim just wasn't one of those people. Luckily for him, his mother and father could afford to take a trip abroad every year of so, and they often headed to the sunny south of Hoenn, to stay at a relatives holiday villa in Slateport, which Grim loved. During his travels, he spent many a time exploring the outskirts with the family pet, a Quilava, which was probably what started his love of exploration and adventure, and probably one of the driving aspects which caused him to join the Legend's Guard. These trips happened every year or so, until his father, who worked maintaining ships at the Snowpoint docks, was offered a promotion, and was given the opportunity to move to Slateport to work at the docks there. While the decision was difficult, it was soon accepted, and the three moved to Hoenn when Grim was of the age of six.
    A year later, Grim's mother had given birth to a daughter, named Eve. Grim and Eve had the typical brother-sister relationship, with them almost constantly bickering. This usual frame of life lasted for five years, until Grim's parents divorced, with his father staying, but Grim, his sister and mother moving north to Mauville city. Every two weeks Grim and his sister would spend the weekend at their fathers house, although both of them missed the time they usually had before the divorce. But alas, life carried one as it does, and they had a fairly ordinary life, other than the moving between the two homes. During one trip back from Slateport, Grim and his sister came across an injured Pokémon, almost desperately holding off a trio of Poochyena. Using the Pokemon which their father had given them for protection along the trip, Grim sent out Quilava (now a Typhlosion) and fended off the Dark-types. Carrying the injured Pokémon home, they found that it was a Gligar, which Grim names Atunick for reasons even he doesn't remember, a theme which Grim seems to find common.
    It was soon that Grim heard of the Legend's guard, located in the Kimuto region, and that he felt it a need to join. He wasn't sure why he did do it now that he looks back, but he doesn't regret it, and simply feels that it was the spur of the moment, which is something he does often. His chosen partner as a new member of the Guard was obviously Atunick, and even though they had had little battle practice, they just went for it, and began to travel to this strange new place. About a week later, Grim had joined, and soon began to hear that something unusual was happening. What happened next you might ask? Well, this RPG is how we find out...

Starter: Atunick the Gligar (M). Atunick and Grim are surprisingly similar, both being rather comedic and unobservant, which makes them a surprisingly good team. However, since they have only known eachother for a few days, and Grim hasn't got a huge amount of battle practise, they still need to work on a few things, and are prone to arguing mid-fight. Atunick is known for being a bit of a prankster, and easily uses his powers of flight to cause all kinds of havoc. Grim manages to subdue him to some extent, but in all honesty, he find almost everything Atunick does hilarious, and usually lets him get away with it.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • So I should expand on my history?
    OK

History: Steve lived with his parents and older sister until he was seven, this is when his sister move out, when he was eleven his parents died in a crash and he was left to wonder the world until he was fifteen and moved in with his sister in the city. when he was seventeen his sister died in a robbery attempt on his store and he wondered in a state of deep depression before joining the Legends Guard when he became seventeen. During his two years serving for th Legends Guard he has never gotten a large assignment and is still assuaged by grief over his families various deaths.

I'd expand even more to include his pokemon but I still don't know if the Legends Guard assigns the pokemon or if the trainer is responsible for the capture, raising, etc. of their own pokemon.

GrifSpark

Years
  • ^ I just assumed that it didn't really matter, and that if you didn't have a Pokemon they'd probably give you one. I went along the 'I already have my Pokemon' route, since it's more fun to think of a story for that rather than just being given one. Remember though, that's just my opinion, I really don't know whether you would be given one or not.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Grifspark- definately Accepted.
    Zamorak- The fleshed out history helped, but the best was the great RP sample, Accepted.
    All slots are now filled (with one extra) but, you can still sign up (and maybe even be accepted.)
    Anyway, now that sign-ups are done, The RP will begin around 10th jan, I'm going to message all membersand check if they're still in.
    Now, The OOC topic start off will be:
    What should the town/city/village names be?

Ok, Have fun!

Parivir

Years
  • Well, I can think of a few on the spot, though in all honesty i don't like them ._. Focastra Town, Disentra City, Masamantu Village, Mahandana Village, Cinderfall City and... I'll come back when I get some creativity supply :|

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • even though i've been accepted I want to add on to my history to include my pokemon.

History: Steve lived with his parents and older sister until he was seven, this is when his sister move out.When he turned nine his sister,who lived in Celadon city at the time and had gotten the eevee at the casino, gave Steve his eevee, which he named Odessa. gave him an when he was eleven his parents died in a crash and he was left to wonder the world until he was fifteen and moved in with his sister in the city. when he was seventeen his sister died in a robbery attempt on his store and he wondered in a state of deep depression before joining the Legends Guard when he became seventeen. During his two years serving for th Legends Guard he has never gotten a large assignment and is still assuaged by grief over his families various deaths.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Oooh, I love Disentra City, that'll be the capital's name.
    Disentra City
    Disentra is the capital of the Kimuto Region, and as a result is the most populous.
    It is also favoured as a holiday destination, due to the shopping district in the top left, the many great skyscrapers in the centre, including the city central tower, and the closeness to Cosmin island, where Astral tower is located.
    The closeness is also why here, the mission team will come after Astral Tower.

GrifSpark

Years
  • How about Quin City/Town/Village. Just an idea. And hey, thanks for acceptance and such, etc, etc. *Yawns*, so, anyway, her are a few more town and city ideas. What about Amarea? Veris? I can't think of anymore, and those aren't even great...

Parivir

Years
  • Figured you'd make Disentra City the capital city, as you probably noticed, "Disentra City" is based upon "The Central City." =P Nice sig, by the way.

Back