• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
So.... nobody gots anything to say? Five people here and we're sitting in silence?

What's up guys? How are you?

Edit:
It's pretty sad when posting in DCC I end up looking at the screen like:
Spoiler:

Double post. Then it does. :s
I don't know what's going on.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Oh really? It happens sometimes for me. And speaking of Nelson Mandela, I hope all the best for South Africa that the peace can be maintained. Everything is beautiful if there are the peace everywhere.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Just found out about the sad news today... RIP Nelson Mandela. You shall be greatly remembered for what you have done.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Mandela... is gone? That is truly sad. My condolences to our world.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
Can someone tell me who the guy was? I can't remember ever hearing his name. Doesn't sound familiar. o.o

Years
He was the leader of the South African fight against apartheid, which was their heavily institutionalized segregation of blacks and whites. In many ways it was worse than America. While cases like Brown v. Board of Education were establishing constitutional equality of education for blacks and whites in America, I think the disparity of public school funding between blacks and whites rose to 1:5 or something like that :( He was imprisoned for 27 years, then was eventually released, negotiated the end of apartheid and became the first president elected by universal suffrage. He was inspirational to those who fight for freedom and equality.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
He was the leader of the South African fight against apartheid, which was their heavily institutionalized segregation of blacks and whites. In many ways it was worse than America. While cases like Brown v. Board of Education were establishing constitutional equality of education for blacks and whites in America, I think the disparity of public school funding between blacks and whites rose to 1:5 or something like that :( He was imprisoned for 27 years, then was eventually released, negotiated the end of apartheid and became the first president elected by universal suffrage. He was inspirational to those who fight for freedom and equality.
To make a long story short, he was a great man.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years

Ohhh that guy. I've heard of him then. Just didn't know his name. xD It's sad that the world lost a great man.

Years
Well it was about time for him. I felt the same way for freaking Vo Nguyen Giap. Lived to the ripe old age of 102.

TY

It might be just be, but I don't really find any sadness over 80-90 years old passing away.

Indeed. Eventually you die anyways, unless they found out some really weird potion that makes you immortal, but its still sad to see him go.

Years
I'm glad he got to live his last days at home with his loved ones around and not alone in prison. There is some justice in this world after all.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I was sad. I had forgotten about Nelson Mandela, until I saw the news at work and was surprised. He was a truly inspiring person, and did much good. At least he died at an old age.

Sir Codin

I feel kind of bad for not knowing he even existed until yesterday. Or maybe I once knew he existed, but I forgot about him.

Years
Nelson Mandela was one of the toughest leaders in the history of our world, and I really applaud the fact that he changed politics in South Africa. He will certainly be missed worldwide by several people.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
He was always on his last days, he's been in and out of hospital for the last year or so. It's no suprise.

I'm just glad he died once he had accomplished all he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back