• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
The only real disappointment is that there are only 8 boxes .... at least so far.

if everything was 3d it would create to much continuous strain on the eyes.

Um, no it wouldn't, actually, but the reason for that is a different topic. 3D doesn't strain your eyes, your eyes strain because they don't recognize 3D yet.

Last edited:

Aternox

the Dark
Years
Well I guess that's for you then. Me, I can perfectly handle it. Kid Icarus was a great experience!

The only real disappointment is that there are only 8 boxes .... at least so far.

Um, no it wouldn't, actually, but the reason for that is a different topic. 3D doesn't strain your eyes, your eyes strain because they don't recognize 3D yet.

Aye, indeed. Though I never used that many to be completely honest. You can always BUY more *laughs*

Years
I thought it would be all in 3D. I know tons of people don't mind, but I actually wish to enjoy ALL of the scenery in 3D, including nice flowers, Pokémon centres etc. Why aren't they in 3D?

Yeah, same here. Other 3DS games are in 3D so I don't get why this isn't. Also, the graphics are half-cartoon/half 3-d. I thought the game was going to have similar graphics to Pokemon Mystery dungeon which would have rocked but it doesn't :/

Well other 3DS games are actually IN 3D!

One of the NPCs said that more are unlocked when you fill the boxes.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
I have a name for my disappointment, it's Korrina (since i trolled her at the gym)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't like that you can't turn the roller blades off. I know a lot of people love them, but they're too fast for my tastes, especially since I don't know my way around the region or towns yet. Using the D-pad for when I don't wanna roller blade is a let down since I was finally able to use the circle pad for movement and it not be choppy, like when playing a gen IV or V game on a 3DS. So yeah. Nothing major, just mainly an irritation.

darkwaters93

Ninja Vaporeon
Years
I don't like how Pikachu's sound was changed to it saying its name, and yet none of the other Pokemon have changes like that. I mean, I understand that being the Pokemon mascot would have significance, but still...

I don't like that you can't turn the roller blades off. I know a lot of people love them, but they're too fast for my tastes, especially since I don't know my way around the region or towns yet. Using the D-pad for when I don't wanna roller blade is a let down since I was finally able to use the circle pad for movement and it not be choppy, like when playing a gen IV or V game on a 3DS. So yeah. Nothing major, just mainly an irritation.

You can turn them off by using the d-pad instead of the analog stick.

Last edited:

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
For the boxes, put one Pokemon in each box, close the pc and go back in to reveal more. For the rollerblades to turn off, use the d-pad not the c-stick.

The biggest disappointment is not having all Vivallon forms in one region.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can turn them off by using the d-pad instead of the analog stick.

That doesn't work the way I want it to, which I just explained. It doesn't make them go away, and I don't want to use the D-pad. I should be able to use the analog stick to simply run. It's a let down that I'm playing this game on a 3DS, and to move without the roller blades, I have to use the D-pad.

Dark Zapdos

Arose from Darkness
Years
That doesn't work the way I want it to, which I just explained. It doesn't make them go away, and I don't want to use the D-pad. I should be able to use the analog stick to simply run. It's a let down that I'm playing this game on a 3DS, and to move without the roller blades, I have to use the D-pad.

I agree you should be allowed to turn it off as it gets a bit annoying when all of a sudden you fly off into wild grass

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
The sheer amount of time it is taking for Gardevoir to learn one stinking Fairy move...

And the fact that I can not find ANY info on when it will learn Fairy Wind or Moonblast ANYWHERE...

darkwaters93

Ninja Vaporeon
Years
Santalune Forest IS Viridian Forest

Why is it that the Santalune forest is so unoriginal? It is an exact replica of the Viridan forest from Kanto! I think it is just dumb..... I mean really.... In this thread, feel free to post your thoughts and feelings about this, or point out any other things that are unoriginal like this.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Honestly can't think of anything that disappointed me too much. The game exceeded my expectations if anything. I mean before I got the game I thought 70 new Pokemon was horrid, but after playing it I haven't really found it a bad thing. Especially when realizing how big the dex is.

My only complaint would be the lack of post-game things to do. Or at least so far it seems the amount of postgame is extremely small. I keep crossing my fingers for somebody to find something amazing. But I guess Pokemon has never had a solid postgame before.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
How is it an exact replica?... I didn't see it that way at all.

How different can a short forest between two towns be?

Back