• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
  • I have no major disappointment up to this point. A few things i would have loved to see though would be an electric/fighting and an electric/dark pokemon, plus it kinda sucks that there is a fairy badge, but there has never been a dark one.
    Besides that, loving the game (:

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Honestly the lack of legendary pokemon really is a let down, it actually makes me angry that they make the pokedex so big but you cannot obtain more then like 6 of the legendaries seriously? the only legendares that i can find record of anywhere on x and y and your alecated ones for your version, zygarde, mewtwo, and 1 of the birds depending on your starter, but the fact there isnt any of the like 30 others in the game.. would of made the game immensely better..

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I don't like how Mega Mawile isn't available until postgame and the overworld lacks the 3D effect (not that I'd use it, but it's a very glaring oversight)

Also I noticed some slowdown in some pokémon battles, especially Double and Triple battles.

Honestly the lack of legendary pokemon really is a let down, it actually makes me angry that they make the pokedex so big but you cannot obtain more then like 6 of the legendaries seriously? the only legendares that i can find record of anywhere on x and y and your alecated ones for your version, zygarde, mewtwo, and 1 of the birds depending on your starter, but the fact there isnt any of the like 30 others in the game.. would of made the game immensely better..

I actually liked how there wasn't much of a focus on the legendaries considering there have been far too many of them in gen 4 and 5. It was something I felt was quite refreshing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    I don't like how Mega Mawile isn't available until postgame and the overworld lacks the 3D effect (not that I'd use it, but it's a very glaring oversight)

Also I noticed some slowdown in some pokémon battles, especially Double and Triple battles.

I actually liked how there wasn't much of a focus on the legendaries considering there have been far too many of them in gen 4 and 5. It was something I felt was quite refreshing.

ohh really dear is that right? well lemme know what to do with the game after u catch the legendaries and beat all the battles please share with me ur great plan on what the **** to do now.. the game ends to quickly with the lack of legendaries if they made a basic second storyline involving most the legendaries the game would be longer and better for it but the lack of them makes the after elite 4 stuff very pointless and boring and short..

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I can't take off my hat!!

I know some people have said that it's because all the main heroes wear hats in the previous games but in the previous games we also got the random legendary trio. That is just one example but you can find plenty others, this generation is breakimg traditions yet I still have to wear a stupid hat? GF truly loves trolling.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • So far nothing for me, although I'm still too early in the game, just got to coastal Kalos - so far I love everything I been able to try (I'm in love with Pokemon Amie!).

My biggest annoyment/dissapointment even before XY was released was Mega-Evo, none of the Pokemon I use in any of my teams have one, since it was first announced, I was super excited for them, sadly I won't be able to enjoy it [nintendo just can't make everyone happy at the same time].

That darn annoying Pikachu voice, its the mascot but it shouldn't get special treatment. At least should me it shouldn't

Just wished that the Pokemon following would have returned (like in Soul Silver or Heart Gold)

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I'm not so thrilled with the customization options, tbh. I didn't really understand how it was going to work, either, so I chose a different skin tone just so I could match my hair and eye color in real life, but now I'm stuck with it lol
    I thought the salon would let you cycle through a bunch of hair and skin and stuff, but I guess not.

I was also annoyed at the fact that I have to use the D-pad to avoid using the roller blades. The roller blades are fun in big open areas, but they're just too fast and slippery for me to enjoy using them anywhere else. I like the circle pad... :c

Next, I don't really like the way a lot of the older Pokemon's cries sound distorted and weird. It takes away from the character of the Pokemon imo... It'd be cool if they updated the old cries with more realistic sounds, but they just sound machiney and generic now.

That's all I can think of for now. Other than that, I'm having fun!

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I don't like that you can't turn the roller blades off. I know a lot of people love them, but they're too fast for my tastes, especially since I don't know my way around the region or towns yet. Using the D-pad for when I don't wanna roller blade is a let down since I was finally able to use the circle pad for movement and it not be choppy, like when playing a gen IV or V game on a 3DS. So yeah. Nothing major, just mainly an irritation.
    Use the Dowsing Machine when you get it and you'll automatically disable your rollerskates.

Only few disappointments to me were that first, they don't show your pokemon when you hit them like they showed in the freaking trailers. And that my game occasionally lags when I'm picking my move. Also the limited 3D functionality is a let down, and when you can actually use it, the game lags A LOT.

Pokemon-Amie is also pretty disappointing. I thought you would be able to do a lot more than just pet your pokemon in the front and feed it puffs 24/7. Hoped it would be more like nintendogs.

I can't take off my hat!!

I know some people have said that it's because all the main heroes wear hats in the previous games but in the previous games we also got the random legendary trio. That is just one example but you can find plenty others, this generation is breakimg traditions yet I still have to wear a stupid hat? GF truly loves trolling.
    I was hoping I'd be able to take off my hat as well. And my weird bag.

Another thing I'd like to add is the Exp Share and how exp distribution works in general (which doesn't distribute exp equally across all pokemon that havebeen in battle anymore). Exp Share made it too easy to level a group of pokemon :/

Mega Evolutionized pokemon are also waaaaaay too strong atm. Mega Charizard didn't take a single hit when doing the planter grass type gym. And if I wasn't using other pokemon instead of my charizard, I'd most likely have defeated the lumiose city gym without my charizard taking a scratch as well xD

Last edited:

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    That you can't remove the rollerblades. Also the camera angle gets annoying somtimes, like in Lumiose City.

I agree. These are my main 2 disappointments as well. Other than these two I love the game so far. I find the new Pokemon that I've ran into so far to be extremely cute. :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Team Flare and the story in general. Even though there where some places you could find them, most of the time they where just talking about how good they look in their suits. Else there wasn't much of a story and even when it really started there wasn't much to it. Because of that I couldn't take their plans seriously. I would have hoped that they showed some real presence (like Team Plasma who where everywhere trying to convince the people of freeing their Pokemon) instead of being "mysterious" till the end.

Also being forced to wear a hat, controling the character in Lumiose Town and when riding a Pokemon and the lags in battle even though I'm not even playing in 3D.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    -Can't remove hats
    -Lack of decent hats
    -Lack of decent hair styles
    -Can't wear makeup
    -Not enough clothes
    -Continent is small
    -Beating the game unlocks 1 small town
    -No real Safari to compliment the Friends Safari
    -Friends Safari only lets you encounter 2 Pokemon per friend
    -Too easy
    -Too short
    -Weak social features

Years
  • So far, the Horde encounters have been little more than an annoyance, because multiple Pokémon can gang up on you and use annoying things like accuracy lowering and/or confusion moves. They're not fun and they take forever. V_V

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • The lack of post game content is bothering me a fair bit... And there doesnt seem to be any high level trainers around. Tho I havent rebattled the e4 yet. Also there is no trainer rematches?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    My biggest disappointment was how easy the Elite Four were, with the exception of a couple of Pokemon I pretty much beat every single one in a single hit.

I didn't like the blades at first but got used to them quickly. Never bothered with the Bicycle.

I do wish they'd put a 'Hard' or 'Veteran' mode in Pokemon games to give the option to make them more difficult...

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Why is it that the Santalune forest is so unoriginal? It is an exact replica of the Viridan forest from Kanto! I think it is just dumb..... I mean really.... In this thread, feel free to post your thoughts and feelings about this, or point out any other things that are unoriginal like this.

I've not got the game yet.
    But if it's the same layout, then I've no problem, since I remember Viridian Forest off by heart, I'll get through it no problem.

Back