• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I think it's a pretty cool throwback. And really, how original can a first route forest get? :P

Sirfetch’d

I didn't find the layout that similar at all and actually really loved everything about this forest. It was a great little area to have at the beginning of a game that had some really good Pokemon to offer and really helpful battles for training. I don't see any similarities to this and Viridian Forest other than both having a variety of Bug Pokemon to offer.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • The biggest disappointment is not having all Vivallon forms in one region.

This is actually a big plus for me, I love the concept of a regional butterfly.

My disappointment is the lack of 3D, but I'm growing accustomed to it. The game is just beautiful anyways.

I think it's a lovely tribute, it really took me back.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Yeah, I noticed the layout was very similar....as well as the Caterpies, and Pikachu

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Kalos is said to have some sort of a connection to the Kanto region, so maybe that's got something to do with it?

Anyway, this isn't too much of an issue, to be honest. Personally, I've found all forests to be a bit similar to each other in layout, weather it be Berry Forest from FireRed and LeafGreen, Petalburg Woods from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, Ilex Forset from Gold, Silver, and Crystal, or Eterna Forest from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. They have never payed enough attention when it came to making forests, as they seem to go towards the lazy path and base them off of each other every time. d:

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Yeah, it's the exact same layout. I wonder how that works in-universe--two forests in completely different regions that look exactly the same. Some kind of mystical connection or something. Of course, Game Freak probably just made it that way as a throwback; there seem to be an awful lot of Kanto pokémon in this game.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Viridian Forest and the Kanto starters...
    Methinks that Nintendo is trying to put things in this game for the genwunners or those who have played from the beginning! I didn't notice that it was exactly the same, but got a familiar vibe from it...(especially when Pikachu was revealed to be a rare pokemon in it)

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Well, to be honest, I feel as though us Pokemon fans (well Gamers in general) are just hard to please. This whole game has throwbacks to previous games. In the past I remember people complaining about how there wasn't enough throwbacks. So if you ask me, I see this as game freak listening to their fans.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • If anything I loved it, it did remind meof Viridian Forest but to me at least, it didn't seem like a "replica" .

(I'm referring to the forest in the beginning btw)

Last edited:

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • I don't like how Pikachu's sound was changed to it saying its name, and yet none of the other Pokemon have changes like that. I mean, I understand that being the Pokemon mascot would have significance, but still...

Pokemon aren't supposed to say their name. They only do in the anime as a marketing tool.

I think Pikachu's voice was changed as a throwback to Yellow Version. There are a ton of things in Gen 6 referencing Gen 1.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Well this is more of a confusion than complaint. How come I can walk through fields of flowers that tower over me...but can't walk over slightly darker tiny blades of grass?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    This is going to sound weird, but mainly just the lack of sprites. The rest of the game is great! And to be honest, I dont even play it in 3d.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My only complaint would be the lack of post-game things to do. Or at least so far it seems the amount of postgame is extremely small. I keep crossing my fingers for somebody to find something amazing. But I guess Pokemon has never had a solid postgame before.

Pretty much this. I mean I did just play this game for like 2 days straight, so now that it's "over" in a sense, I'm a bit disappointed.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well I have been playing the game now for about 4 hours and haven't gotten to the 2nd gym yet. I love taking my time. The only complaints I have at the moment are these.

The colors of the pokemon seem a little pale and it's hard to find the right pokemon you want because there are so many on a route.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • The starters, honestly.
    -Chespin and Quilladin were awesome and cute. Then this Chestnaught comes along.... This was going to be my starter... but ewww...
    -Fennekin was cute, but Braixen and Delphox are just MEHHHHH....
    -Froakie is cute. My least favourite at first, but Greninja is the only one that is decent between the three...

Years
  • honestly the main thing that is disappointing to me is how little effort seems to have been put in beyond the 3D which isn't even used through out the entire game, the teams for the gym leaders & E4 area seemingly just slapped together without any real thought.
    also the main antagonists take forever to show up & fade away fairly quickly.

so in summary my main gripe is how little game play their is in the game compared to other pokemon games, between this & how few pokemon their are I feel like they released this too early

Last edited:
    Back