• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
  • Just to let you know - I should hopefully be able to write something for tomorrow =D Wednesday evening maybe, but no promises xP

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Okay so...4 people have asked to join but none have been accepted from what I can see. So, I amz wondering if I may still join. I will have a SU up either later tonight, in the morning or after school tommorow. Whichever is more convenient.

Edit: Also, if it was mentioned I probably missed it, what are the current starter pokemon? Or do we just pick an un-evolved pokemon and you approve?
    Edit2: Also, if we do just pick, are we restricted to a certain group of pokemon or are all pokemon of all generations allowed(including 5) sorry if this was already stated but I didn't really read everything as the RP was started 2 years ago...

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Okay so...4 people have asked to join but none have been accepted from what I can see. So, I amz wondering if I may still join. I will have a SU up either later tonight, in the morning or after school tommorow. Whichever is more convenient.

Edit: Also, if it was mentioned I probably missed it, what are the current starter pokemon? Or do we just pick an un-evolved pokemon and you approve?
    Edit2: Also, if we do just pick, are we restricted to a certain group of pokemon or are all pokemon of all generations allowed(including 5) sorry if this was already stated but I didn't really read everything as the RP was started 2 years ago...

Yeah spots are still open, so feel free to get an SU up. Starters are wildcards, so any un-evolved pokemon outside legendaries, fossils, Dratini's etc. is fine.

As to your second question, your starter can be anything from the first 4 generations. The rest of your team will be made up from pokemon available so far in this chapter of the RP. I'll get a full list up in the next day or two, so for your SU just state your starter :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • OK[:
    Though it's too bad some of my favorite pokemon are taken

Here's my SU so far, I'll have to finish it after school.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • Here is what I have so far. I just have to finish my history.
    EDIT: FINISHED:)

Name: Aristo Ortega

Appearance: Aristo stands 5'10", and weighs 150 lbs. He has a regular shaped head in comparison to his body. He has emerald eyes. His has brown hair that comes down into his eyes and covers his large, pointed ears. He has small muscle tone in his upper body with little definition on his arms, and a small six pack. His chest is the same with little tone. He has a large butt for his size that shows through his jeans. His thigh muscles are also large in relation to his body, and his calves are built to run for miles. He has a slightly large foot wearing a size twelve shoe.

He wears a sunset orange baseball cap with a black bill that covers all his hair except his banns. He also wears sunglasses that make him cooler than he thinks he is. He wears a blue short sleeved shirt with the symbol of a pokeball on it. He has green cargo pants that has many pockets where he keeps most of his pokeballs stored. He has a pair of gray boots that hide his knee socks. He wears a yellow vest that has many pockets to carry anything he needs for his journey.

Personality: Aristo is a calmed, relaxed sort of person who is outgoing, and drives for success. Although he thinks he is cooler than everyone else is he barely takes part in "childish games". He is always depressed, but he tries to hide it so nobody would ask him about it. He is very protective to the ones he loves standing up in the face of danger. Although he has his open side, he also has his dark side. He is very mischievous, and will steal anything that will keep him alive. He is also very playful and will be your friend if you are willing to accept him for who he really is. Although, he may look shy on the outside, he is anything but that on the inside being optimistic and positive.

History: Aristo was born on Four Island. He grew up on this little island with almost no knowledge of pokemon. He knew what they were, but he didn't know about status conditions, natures, or anything besides they attack each other for human pleasure. His dad, when he was seven, taught him all he knew about pokemon, which was a lot since his dad traveled when he was younger.

He told Aristo that he would take him to Pallet Town when he turned ten. For the next three years the two studied pokemon. Well, on his tenth birthday he had packed up to go to Pallet Town, his dad and mom were no where to be found. He looked all around the small island, but they never turned up. Once he got home, he found a note on his bed saying that his parents loved him and cared about him very much. At the bottom of the note, his parents wrote "Goodbye for now" They left him some money with the letter to get him by for a little bit. He crumbled up the paper and threw it away then started to cry asking himself what he did to run them away. For the next five years he worked tireless without telling any of the residents on the small island that his parents left.

When he turned sixteen, he left Four Island to go to Pallet Town because he heard of a professor that still handed people their first pokemon who were already passed the age of ten. He got there wondering if anyone knew of his parents. Some of the residents walked up to him telling him that he looked just like his dad, which made him even sadder. He tried to hide it and asked them if they knew about where his parents were. One older woman told him that they left for Hoenn. He went to Professor Oak, but the pokemon professor was busy so he gave him some egg. Aristo used the rest of his money to catch a ride to Hoenn to become a better trainer and to find his parents.

Starter Choice:
    Buizel (Jet)
    Spr_4d_418_m.png

Level: 15
    Attacks: Sonic Boom, Growl, Water Sport, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit, Swift
    Type:Water
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Adamant

Caught Pokemon:
    Aron (Aggy)
    Spr_4d_304.png

Level: 14
    Attacks: Tackle, Harden, Headbutt, Mud Slap
    Type: Steel, Rock
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature:Brave

Shroomish (Goomba)
    Spr_4d_285.png

Level: 13
    Attacks: Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Jolly

Electrike (Spark)
    309.png

Level: 12
    Attacks: Tackle, Thunder Wave, Leer, Howl
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Rash

Last edited:

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • sorry i haven't posted for a long time but school started and i had some medical problems , but now i'm healty as can be and ready to get back to writing , i'll have my post put later today or tomorrow :) . good to be back :D

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Would Scyther be considered too powerful a starter? If so, I have something else to choose from, but the Bug/Flying-type would be my first choice. And on the note of Starters, what level will they be? That way I can co-ordinate a moveset effectively.

slls81

Years
  • Would Scyther be considered too powerful a starter? If so, I have something else to choose from, but the Bug/Flying-type would be my first choice. And on the note of Starters, what level will they be? That way I can co-ordinate a moveset effectively.

Starter will be around Level 15. I'm not a massive fan of you having Scyther as a starter, but if you really want to use Scyther then I'd probably be okay with it.

slls81

Years
  • OK, I've decided that my starter shall be Bulbasaur, unless of course the traditional starters cannot be chosen. If so, I choose Bellsprout.

I'd prefer Bellsprout tbh as Maple and Oak are still rival professors (even if it has taken a backseat in this chapter), and Bulbasaur is very much an "Oak" pokemon.

slls81

Years
  • So that the new people know what they're working with, here's a full list of available pokemon so far in this chapter of the RP. You can fill your team with up to 3 pokemon from the list, though only one can come from the 'rare' category.

[FONT=&quot]Common pokemon:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple, Geodude, Zubat, Tentacool, Magikarp, Wingull[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Uncommon pokemon: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Taillow, Shroomish, Seedot, Makuhita, Aron, Barboach, Carvanha, Sandshrew, Numel, Marrill, Plusle, Minun[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rare pokemon:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Surskit, Slakoth, Ralts, Mawile, Sableye, Wailmer, Feebas, Elektrike, Gulpin, Spoink[/FONT]

Back