• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ah the thing is-- when 10 saw them, they were coming from a different point in time. They were Time-Locked and trying to get out of that, but they weren't yet frozen in a pocket universe. The Time Lock contained everything about the war that Ten spouted off, but mostly the Daleks and Gallifreyans. The pocket universe only contains Gallifrey. So now it can be brought back safely. It makes a sort of sense.
Ahaaaaaa! Thanks for clearing that up for me, hahaha.

Oh, Eevee, S2 eh? Finally time for me to put things in spoiler to save someone else 8) I still love Rose, no matter how funny Clara is. I don't care what people say about her ways or looks or whatever. I miiiight have been goofing off and watched a bit too many blog posts about them yesterday hmmm.

Spoilers up to S7
Spoiler:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well hello there guys!! Here is my SU:

Username: Zorogami

Favorite Doctor: The 10th Doctor (David Tennant). There is not one thing i dislike about this doctor. As soon as he made his first appearance, in his pijamas, quoting the lion king and taking on a whole race of aliens, i knew it was going to be guuud. I really enjoy his personality, which is normally optimistic and goofy, but when he gets angry or serious...man you better watch out!! I also really enjoyed how many layers of personality he had, and his last words, heartbreaking. Aw and lets not forget the stylich suit and chucks combo.

Favorite Companion: Id have to say Donna Noble. I liked how she played an independent and witty character, that sees the doctor only as a bud and nothing else! I think she was a great contrast to Rose and Martha, as their personalities were so very different. It also broke my heart when she leaves the doctor and how she leaves him.

A few other things: I started watching modern Dr Who about a year ago. I didnt really know what to expect, but i found it to be a very unique and peculiar show, so i kept watching it. I have to say it is now one of my favorite tv shows, because it has a bit of everything: funny moments, drama, an incredible interesting and complicated plot, etc. Ive always liked movies/shows that deal with time-travel, and i think Dr. Who does it best and with a lot of charm and detail.

So, im glad to be here and i cant wait to talk and discuss whovian stuff with you guys!
Also, im not the biggest expert on the show, so i apologize in advance for possible misconceptions or quotations :P

Since no one has posted anything, may i suggest a topic?

Favorite Dr Who Villain(s)! - My apologies if this has already been discussed!
Mine would have to be The Master, for being a worthy opponent and making the Doctors Life harder than it already is.
Spoiler:

As for alien race i would say the Daleks. I know, easy pick, but they are both very dangerous and incredibly funny.
I love their obsession of exterminating, and although they are heartless robots, they make me laugh more than once

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Zoro~~

Yes, the first episode with Ten made me squeal and cry happytears almost, haha. I had been looking forward to Tennan't era ever since starting with the episode "Rose". I did grow to like Nine a lot over S1, and actually initially I was very annoyed with Ten's ways. How he was hyperactive and somewhat rude compared to Nine. But he improved and I got used to him and he's still my favorite Doctor now. I mean, it's totally a bonus that he wears chucks to a suit and looks frickin adorable in glasses. But I liked the mix of grave seriousness, regret and silly joy and nerdiness he developed over the seasons.

But, yeah, him quoting Lion King was the first thing that sealed my love for him, rude or not.

Actually I think Ten wasn't very rude at all after the first episodes. Rather, I was very very annoyed with Eleven to begin with, because he was even more overconfident than Ten and told people to shut up when he was thinking and stuff. It bugged me, but as time went on I grew to appreciate Eleven a lot as well. In some ways, he's a better Doctor than Ten. Not most ways, but some, it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what ways though, haha... Mostly it might just be that I enjoyed Eleven's seasons overall more than Ten's, even though I prefer how Tennant acted as the Doctor to how Smith did.

Gosh, I rant here too much. Hrrm.

Favorite Who villain.... Might be the Angels. Blink was so creepy, I was surprised to see such a horrifying episode on Doctor Who. When it was pointed out that Moffat had disregarded some of the rules surrounding Angels in later episodes though, I felt a bit disappointed. Still, they are so scary and their way of "killing" is just cool.

Now I want to rewatch Blink. Hm. Just rewatched Planet of the Dead the other day :3 Flying bus ftw

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Spoiler:

Favorite Who villain.... Might be the Angels. Blink was so creepy, I was surprised to see such a horrifying episode on Doctor Who. When it was pointed out that Moffat had disregarded some of the rules surrounding Angels in later episodes though, I felt a bit disappointed. Still, they are so scary and their way of "killing" is just cool.

Now I want to rewatch Blink. Hm. Just rewatched Planet of the Dead the other day :3 Flying bus ftw

I put what you said in spoilers to make the post smaller :P

But i have to agree with you on most things you said. As i started watching Dr. Who it was all so new to me, i didnt really know what to think of the so called "Doctor". But i did like him a lot towards the end of the season. Tennant was a great Doctor imo, when i watch the the ending of "Family of Blood" i get goose bumps. In the beginning i didnt like Eleven at all, really, all i wanted was for Tennant to be back. He did turn out to be a great character though, and i think i know what you mean by "a better doctor". He did have some of the most bada** moments, like when his lines when he "protects" the Pandorica.

The Blink episode was an awesome one and i was genuinely scared as i watched it for the first timne. The angels are so interesting and so scary, and i loved the plot-line with the different timelines. Im curious about what Moffat disregarded? Please do enlighten me!

Also, rant as much as you want, i could talk about this all day long xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Read back on the last page in this thread, I believe Aquacorde stated some faults or linked to a place where it's mentioned. About the Angels, that is.

Oh, I really loved Eleven's last scene. It was beautiful, with his speech, him being okay with regenerating... He was probably the longest living incarnation of the Doctor yet, right? With his 200+ years with Amy and Rory and then, what, 600 years on Trenzalore. At least he spent more than 300 years there. Twelve has got to be ~1800 when he's newborn, haha. And also, when Amelia Pond appeared and said goodnight to the raggedy man. I loved that whole scene. Ten's was a bit ridiculous in comparison. Vanity, heh. And the Doctor was only Ten for <10 years, right? A fart in his history, compared to Eleven's time. But still, Tennant and chucks <3

Okay, I seriously can't post here without ranting. Glad you approve xD I might have gotten numbers wrong. Haven't looked them up, just trying to remember and guess.

Which episode was Family of Blood again?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I will have to find that link and find out! Really interested in that.

Oh Elevens goodbye was indeed beautiful and heart-wrenching to say the least. I love how he choses to stay positive, and his last words are sooo beautiful "I will always remember when the Doctor was me". I mean wow, if you compare that to Tennants incredibly sad "I dont want to go"...you can tell there is a big difference. Having Amelia "come back" to say goodbye was also a very touching detail, i loved the time they spent together, and i was sad when Amelia "left" the Doctor.
And ive never thought about it, but yeah, Eleven "lives" much longer than 12, like a lot longer.

Family of Blood is second part of the episode where Eleven locks away his memories in a pocket-watch, to hide from this alien species whose name i have forgotten. Anyways, these Alien who look like a family try to track him down, and in the end the Doctor takes care of each of them in a very special way to say the least. Ring a bell?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh right. I think you're getting some numbers wrong in your post though, haha. You mean that Eleven lives a lot longer than Ten, and Ten was the one who locked away his memories and became a human named John Smith, right? :3

Also this is win
tumblr_mwsgswXxLD1rj7z7ro4_250.gif

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I loved the whole Elevens regen scene. Sure ten's was nice when he visted back through his life and all the people he touched, but the whole fit ruined it.

Series 8 episode details (Spoilers-Major): In case anyone is interested and doesn't follow the news.
Spoiler:

Atleast what I remember.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Oh right. I think you're getting some numbers wrong in your post though, haha. You mean that Eleven lives a lot longer than Ten, and Ten was the one who locked away his memories and became a human named John Smith, right? :3 [/QUOTE]

Eleven is actually about 2100 by the time he regens. He spent 900 years on Trenzalore.

Though, of course, he might not even know how old he is.

If we are to believe what RTD said, Ten was one of the shortest lived Doctors, he lived for only six years.

Thing is the Doctor's age is something sort of up for grabs.

Also, Ten was the one that used the Chameleon Arch to become human, John Smith. Seven also posed as a human also named John Smith, but he didn't change is physical form. Posing as a human named John Smith is a pretty regular thing for the Doctor.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
One of the most short-lived Doctors, but one of the most beloved and epic ones all the same <3

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Also, Ten was the one that used the Chameleon Arch to become human, John Smith. Seven also posed as a human also named John Smith, but he didn't change is physical form. Posing as a human named John Smith is a pretty regular thing for the Doctor.

I didnt know that was somewhat of a recurring thing for the Doctor.
I guess there is still a lot i have no clue about when it comes to this awesome show

But yes, 10 was a very cool and beloved Doctor

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, it's a name he says when he doesn't want to appear alien. Like in School Reunion :3

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Every Doctor uses it.

Ten is definitely my favorite Doctor. Not just because of Tennant, though that is a lot of it the guy's a brilliant actor, but because of where the Doctor is at that point. Ten is the recovering Doctor. He's trying to come back to himself after the Time War, but a bit of Nine's hardness remains. You get those moments of epic, but at the same time the moments of happy.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
John Smith was the name given to him by Jamie McCrimmon. Remember Tooth and Claw? Affecting a Scottish accent and giving the name Doctor James McCrimmon? Yeah. That was Two's longest-serving companion. <33

SPOILERS THRU EVERYTHING JS FOR NEWER WATCHERS

So for some damn reason I got "Song for Ten" (aka Oceans Apart) stuck in my head a few days ago and I was thinking about the lyrics of the bridge. They go

So have a good life
Do it for me
Make me so proud
Like you want me to be
Where ever you are
I'm thinking of you oceans apart
I want you to know

And that's not just very Ten, but very Doctorish, yes? He's the type of person to inspire people. He's the kind of person who you want to make proud, because he's got a very complex but usually pretty good moral structure. He's clever and kind and sometimes not the best person but he's someone that you look up to in some way or another. And this is a parting song, telling a companion that he wants to see them live life to the fullest, be a person he could tell tales of to others with a sense of pride and joy that his friend is doing so well. This isn't a depressing parting, but any parting is emotional. And neither is going to forget the impact they had on the other.

This song very much applies to most companions. But I was thinking... does it apply to all the Doctors? I'm very Eleven-focused right now due to the fun of critical thinking and analysis, so of course it came to mind that this song doesn't apply to him very well. I don't associate him with being proud of his companions, and I still can't quite pinpoint why. Maybe it's because he never really let anyone go? Never let anyone else do anything? I just... can you imagine Eleven imparting the feeling of this song to anyone other than Amy? Even Amy is iffy; I feel like she never got to have a good life. Her whole life was the Doctor. She couldn't really do him proud because he didn't really let her.

Let me just go over other TV Doctor/companion dynamics. Listing first ones that work and second those that don't and why.

First Doctor: Susan, Ian & Barbara, Vicki, Steven. Missing from the list: Katarina & Sara (dead), Dodo Chaplet (off-screen departure due to expired contract of actress).
Second: Ben & Polly, Victoria, Jamie & Zoe (admittedly they went through memory wipes and forgot all but their first adventure with the Doctor but point stands).
Third: Liz , Jo, Benton. Missing: Mike Yates (due to previous betrayal).
Fourth: Sarah Jane, Harry, Leela, Romana, a few K9s.
Fifth: Nyssa, Tegan (though sad), Turlough. Missing: Adric & Kamelion (dead).
Sixth: none? Due to Peri & Mel being his only TV companions. Peri is assumed dead and Mel continues with Seven.
Seventh: Mel (and probably Ace who knows the show "went on hiatus").
Eighth: Grace.
Nine: None due to Rose continuing with Ten. Missing: Adam because he's a dumbass and endangered everyone.
Ten: Rose, Mickey, Martha, Donna, Wilf, Lady Christina, Jackson Lake. Missing: Astrid & Adelaide (dead).

Other Goodbyes: Jamie again with Six in a special. Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, multiple times with multiple Doctors. Jack, multiple times with multiple Doctors under multiple names even (and in reverse!). Sarah Jane with Ten.

And then we have Eleven. Eleven with his weird near-codependency with Amy. Eleven, who seems to view Rory as an extension of Amy. Eleven with his... River. Eleven won't let go of Amy and by extension (only by extension!) Rory. At one point (God Complex) it seems like you could apply "have a good life, do it for me, make me so proud", but he doesn't leave Amy and Rory alone. He goes back in the Christmas special and takes over their lives again. He doesn't give either the chance to do something with their lives on their own- it's not until he's forced out of their lives that he can stop interfering. And even then, he's not proud, is he? Even though they did have a good life and were happy. He's still wallowing in the fact that he lost them. (side note: "the one who forgets, my ass.) With River it's even less applicable- have a good life? He's seen her die(?). Make me so proud, like you want me to be? I don't think he could ever be proud of River. Impressed, sure, but proud of how she lives her life? And does she even want him to be? She's not been inspired to do good because of him, has she?

In fact, the only relationship this song could apply to in Eleven's era is Eleven and Craig Owens. Craig is the one inspired by the Doctor to lead a good and happy life, but also to appreciate the universe and that they're more out there, even though he doesn't want to be involved in it. And Craig is the only one Eleven parts with willingly. No coercion, only a reappearance when Eleven was feeling lonely, no dragging him into things on purpose.

I just. More revelations seem to cement my view that Eleven is a very un-Doctorish Doctor. When that song can apply to the majority of the Doctor's important relationships but basically skips out on Eleven's when there was the chance for that type of relationship? That's out of character, isn't it?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Woooow you are giving us a lot to process here Aqua! But you did point out some very interesting things. I have to agree with pretty much everything you said, after that analysis one could say 11 was very different in that aspect than the other doctors. I cant judge anything that before 9, but even comparing 10 and 11 is good enough of an example to see what you mean.

Now that i think of it, it seems pretty obvious that 11 keeps forcing his way into Amy and Rorys life, again and again, which in the end results in them not getting to live their own lifes. Well, until the thing with the Angels happens...but that's a whole other topic. And i didnt get the feeling that 11 was too proud of his companions either, or at least not as much or as openly as 10 did.

Quite the interesting thing you have come up with, really (:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
And here I had come to terms with Eleven being a pretty great Doctor, but all that makes me love Ten even more, haha.

I'm actually writing a fanfic with 10 and 10.5 on another site now.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I don't feel like Elevens that different. I mean he went through soo much loss with ten, he didn't want to go through it again so he chose not to let go, he couldn't handle it.

In S6 he realized he needed to let them go and live, so he did, but he came back for the christmas dinner (perfectly fine), then left again because he thought they didn't need him (The Pond mini-series). Then the daleks brought them together, he said why not a few more adventures, they kept getting pulled together.

Though eleven was pretty quiet with proud, but still so, like in The Beast Below, or Rings of Ahkatan. Just two examples. Was mad with Amy, but realized she did the right thing comparing to the Doctor. Or in Rings when Clara gave up something special to her (twice!).

Back