• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I DONT WANT ANY MORE ROMANCE INVOLVING MAIN CHARACTERS THANK YOU. I just want good characters and interesting stories. ;; Implied romance is fine I guess, like 9/Rose and season 23 6/Peri. But anything more is just getting boring tbh.

I absolutely agree with this. Any more romance, and Doctor Who will turn into a soap opera.

But I love the romancey part ;; I don't really see how River and the Doctor could become a nice thing (only met her twice so far) and will always miss Rose but I don't mind fluff 8) so yeah, implied stuff I guess. And no hints or spoilers abour River now, please, I'll get there soon enough :p

Oh, I'm sure you'll love River. Everyone does :D Why? Spoilers :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I just think they can do so much fun stuff without a) timey wimey nonsense and b) romance and flirting as a plot point. The latter is what fic is for, man.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
I DONT WANT ANY MORE ROMANCE INVOLVING MAIN CHARACTERS THANK YOU. I just want good characters and interesting stories. ;; Implied romance is fine I guess, like 9/Rose and season 23 6/Peri. But anything more is just getting boring tbh.

I definitely agree with no more romance that has the companions helplessly and annoying besotted with The Doctor. It's gotten quite repetitive and it's probably why I love Donna Noble so much xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay well I don't want another Martha, so I see your point. And I completely loved Donna! This:
tumblr_inline_mw43j2xi8H1r1fj7r.gif

So sad she couldn't even remember the Doctor... I'm still in early season 5. Amy is pretty fun, I love how similar she and Eleven are in ways xD

But in general, I don't like Eleven so far ;; Ten called himself rude but he's nothing compared to how rude Eleven is O.o

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Now that I'm a bit more caught up with the series, I'll join.

Username: Atomic Pirate
Favorite Doctor: Tennant
Favorite Companion: River Song

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Welcome, Atomic Pirate :3

Not sure how, but I just finished season 5. Okay, I don't dislike Eleven anymore, he's growing on me, I admit. And I'm impressed with the plot of Amy and the whole season, even though I didn't understand it all. I love when there are twists, time travel stuff and things that fit together at the end. Thanks, Moffat. Now, please explain the rest in season 6, eh? Still haven't warmed up to River, but oh well. Spoilers ;)

Also, um, sorry for mostly just ranting about my thoughts while watching the show here. Until I've caught up I guess I can't really partake in proper discussions 8) But go ahead and do that without me if you more experienced guys want to. I'll just try to not read something I shouldn't hhaha.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Welcome, Atomic Pirate :3

Not sure how, but I just finished season 5. Okay, I don't dislike Eleven anymore, he's growing on me, I admit. And I'm impressed with the plot of Amy and the whole season, even though I didn't understand it all. I love when there are twists, time travel stuff and things that fit together at the end. Thanks, Moffat. Now, please explain the rest in season 6, eh? Still haven't warmed up to River, but oh well. Spoilers ;)

Also, um, sorry for mostly just ranting about my thoughts while watching the show here. Until I've caught up I guess I can't really partake in proper discussions 8) But go ahead and do that without me if you more experienced guys want to. I'll just try to not read something I shouldn't hhaha.

I'm trying to figure out the scene on the beach, where he dies. With knowledge from Series 7, it's not possible what ever way I look at it.

If you seen Series 7, go look in this spoiler, if not. Spoilers...

Spoiler:

Anyway, I liked Matt. Wish he never left, wishing it more then I did David. ;~;
But, looking forward for Capaldi..

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oooookay that's my cue to stay out of this group for a while I guess 8) See you in a few weeks, haha.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I definitely agree with no more romance that has the companions helplessly and annoying besotted with The Doctor. It's gotten quite repetitive and it's probably why I love Donna Noble so much xD
Idk, I just did not like Donna. I mean she had some nice moments, but I felt she was pretty meh. If davies didnt focus so much on Martha being a rebound from Rose, she couldve been a amazing companion.

I don't mind the romance that much, TenxRose went too far, Martha and Amy didn't bother me, Loved RoryxAmy, and ElevenxClara, River so-so. To many innuendos.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Spoiler:

Nevermind all that, this article sums it up 8)

By the way, I'm noticing a big difference in how Ten and Eleven treats time travel. Mostly apparent in last ep of season 5. And the christmas Carol. Ten never used the Tardis to go back on his own timeline. Eleven does it all the time to put in clues and get information and make things happen right. I love it. Still like Ten better than Eleven, but the overall show is better now. Cleverer (let's forget about plotholes). I love time travel done right 8)

IMPORTANT EDIT: oh my god. OH MY GOD. Okay. Now I love River, all of a sudden. Guess what episode I just saw. I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

countryemo

Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

countryemo

Years
Why do people give Donna so much praise?
She didn't fawn over the Doctor yes, sassy yes. But she wasen't that GREAT of a companion, bit annoying too. And while yes it has been a while since I watched S4, did seem like she fancied him a little.
Martha, gimped by Davies writting her as a rebound, was a better companion.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think Donna was better. I did like how different Martha was from Rose in the beginning, but after a while she was just becoming a bit boring in her fawning over Doctor. Donna made it clear from the start that they were just friends and I never really saw any romantic sparks fly between them, which was a nice change of pace indeed since both in the bride ep and in S4 I was still of the firm belief that Rose and the Doctor were meant to be 8) the scene where Donna says "why don't you ask her yourself" is awesome (except for Rose's ridiculous gun).

However, a strong plus point for Martha is that she left the Doctor on her own accord when she was ready. Rose and Donna would never have managed that.

I've reached the Clara episodes now btw. A few more to go and then I'll be caught up and ready to talk Capaldi! 8)

countryemo

Years
I think Donna was better. I did like how different Martha was from Rose in the beginning, but after a while she was just becoming a bit boring in her fawning over Doctor. Donna made it clear from the start that they were just friends ...

Thats what I mean, Davies didn't write Martha the best he could. I mean when she was in Torchwood, she was pretty good. I never really saw Donna has a companion, but more a kind of friend / cousin that you just drag along.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
*mod post and such*

Hey guys! Hope you guys are having a great time fangirling about Doctor Who! Once I'm done with the Eleventh Doctor episodes I'll go ahead and join in. But first, we need to get down to club business.

It seems like the current owner of the Doctor Who FC, Evil Stud Muffin, has been inactive for a little over a month, and that's really sad because he's got a really good fan club going on here. Since the first post really, really needs updating and the club needs an active owner to keep it up, I'n giving you club members an opportunity to take over this club. If anyone is interested in becoming owner of this club, shoot me a VM or a PM (do not post here) stating that you are interested. I'll give you guys a day or so to think about it. Have fun!~

You may now go back to your current discussions, I apologize for the interruption. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'd be interested in taking over the club. I have the Homestuck club as well and it's only a bit inactive right now because the Homestuck fandom is pretty much holding its breath at the lack of news 8) Doctor Who, on the other hand, is brimming with rumors and expectations for the new Doctor so being responsible for making this club better would be love.

Buuuut since I'm still such a newb here compared to,most other members of the club, I certainly won't try to argue for my sake if someone else feels like they are more suited for the task.

Back