• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I went to Target and bought 8 packs.

Pack 1: Plasma Freeze - Vanilluxe Rev and Absol Holo
Pack 2: Plasma Freeze - Seadra Rev and Steelix
Pack 3: Plasma Blast - Remoraid Rev and Escavalier
Pack 4: Legendary Treasures - Hydreigon Rev and Reuniclus

I bought 2 2 Packs, 4 Foils, 2 promo packs.

Pack 5: Black and White: Emerging Powers - Tornadus Rev and Ferrothorn
Pack 6: Dragons Exalted - Walrein Rev and Magmortar
The 4 Foils were alternate holo versions of Glaceon, 2 Leafeon from Plasma Freeze and 1 White Kyurem from Boundaries Crossed.
The other pack was Series 8, it contained two cards and an energy.

Pack 7: Black and White - Tepig Rev and Serperior Holo
Pack 8: Dark Explorers - Herdier Rev and Excadrill
The four hoils were Giratina alternate holo from Plasma Storm, 2 Zoroark 30/30 Holos and 1 Excadrill Holo 30/30.

Nothing I really needed or wanted except those alternate holos from Freeze and BC which were a surprise. Overall I think 9 different sets were represented. I have no idea where those holos are from from the sets I didn't list names, also the cards in the little packs were numbered with pokeball symbols so I don't think they were from sets.

Years
I have 140 of the 146 XY cards and 105 of the 109 Flashfire cards. So I've been buying Legendary Treasures a lot lately. Today, my daughter and I ran into Target and got 4 booster packs... I think 'lucky' is the best part to describe our pulls.

cards.png

Years
I have 140 of the 146 XY cards and 105 of the 109 Flashfire cards. So I've been buying Legendary Treasures a lot lately. Today, my daughter and I ran into Target and got 4 booster packs... I think 'lucky' is the best part to describe our pulls.

cards.png

Nice I got a Yveltal tin and got a Reshiram EX out of it. And today I bought 3 FF packs at my work for 3.10$ since I get a 15% discount off everything in the store except cigs and dairy. All I pulled was a holo druddigon sadly. Which makes the 3rd one in my collection.

Years
Nice I got a Yveltal tin and got a Reshiram EX out of it. And today I bought 3 FF packs at my work for 3.10$ since I get a 15% discount off everything in the store except cigs and dairy. All I pulled was a holo druddigon sadly. Which makes the 3rd one in my collection.

Ahh bummer man! Great price with your discount though. Sounds like a great perk for working wherever it is that you work.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to Toys r us and noticed they had a "sale", buy 1 thing and get the second 40% off. I bought 2 tins and 2 packs. I don't normally buy cards from TRU since they are overpriced but I think the other stores around here are picked over. Thanks to the sale(and a 1 dollar off wrong price sticker) I ended up getting one of tins for 14.00 and the other for 22.00, so I paid about 17 dollars for each which is the same price as Walmart, so I saved 8 dollars and instead paid Walmart's full price but at TRU. In hindsight it wasn't much of a sale...

The first one was a Chesnaught tin, it came with two Flashfire, 1 Blast and 1 XY. In it I got 4 non-holo rares. So if I didn't think before these Kalos starter tins are the worst tins on the planet I've been corrected. I think the ex's are more 1 ex for every 10 tins unlike B&W where they were more 1 per 3 tins. To be honest I wouldn't waste money on the Kalos tins unless you want to pay 17 dollars for a promo.

The other tin was Lugia, it had a Hydreigon Holo and 3 non holo rares, the other two were also non holo rares so over I got 1 holo in 10 packs, it's reminiscent of my first 11 packs from Flashfire where I bought 8 lose packs and a 3 pack and got 1 holo.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
I went to Toys r us and noticed they had a "sale", buy 1 thing and get the second 40% off. I bought 2 tins and 2 packs. I don't normally buy cards from TRU since they are overpriced but I think the other stores around here are picked over. Thanks to the sale(and a 1 dollar off wrong price sticker) I ended up getting one of tins for 14.00 and the other for 22.00, so I paid about 17 dollars for each which is the same price as Walmart, so I saved 8 dollars and instead paid Walmart's full price but at TRU. In hindsight it wasn't much of a sale...

The first one was a Chesnaught tin, it came with two Flashfire, 1 Blast and 1 XY. In it I got 4 non-holo rares. So if I didn't think before these Kalos starter tins are the worst tins on the planet I've been corrected. I think the ex's are more 1 ex for every 10 tins unlike B&W where they were more 1 per 3 tins. To be honest I wouldn't waste money on the Kalos tins unless you want to pay 17 dollars for a promo.

The other tin was Lugia, it had a Hydreigon Holo and 3 non holo rares, the other two were also non holo rares so over I got 1 holo in 10 packs, it's reminiscent of my first 11 packs from Flashfire where I bought 8 lose packs and a 3 pack and got 1 holo.
You know TOYS R US will price match! You should try it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
well i recently bought a repackaged product from walmart. and it came with a promo and 15 random cards.

the promo was a diamond and pearl cresselia promo DP51 and if you shine a certain light on it at a certain angle, the glow is red! its so freakin cool and its beautiful!

anyways i thought it would just be from recent sets. which it was at first. then i got a freakin legendary collection (different from legendary treasures) magnemite! then a base set charmander, then a dark raticate from the first team rocket series as well as a dratini from the first rocket series! omg i freaked out. i recorded it and put it on my youtube channel (link in signature) but it was so col. gonna go buy some more so i can (hopefully) complete my promo collection.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Bought a Krookodile Ex box since I haven't bought a promo box in awhile.

It just came with a Gogoat Holo from XY, still looking for any Vivillion or Raichu Holo. Also a Dusknoir Holo. I bought 4 Freeze and got a 5th Absol Holo.
I'm contemplating buying a Dragons Exalted Box from Collectors Cache since it's 94.99 instead of 109.99 on Pokeorder. I also might get 36 Loose plasma Blast packs from CC's ebay page for 84.99.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Bought a Krookodile-EX Box, wasn't the most exciting pulls:

XY Base Pack 1:
Rare Conkeldurr
Reverse Holo Pansear

XY Base Pack 2:
Rare Xerneas
Reverse Holo Bibarel

XY Flashfire Pack 1:
Rare Holo Forges
Reverse Holo Caterpie

XY Flashfire Pack 2:
Rare Floatzel
Reverse Holo Dusknoir

Well, the Krookodile-EX is pretty nice looking. Plus it's always fun opening up packs! :)

Years
Bought a Krookodile Ex box since I haven't bought a promo box in awhile.

It just came with a Gogoat Holo from XY, still looking for any Vivillion or Raichu Holo. Also a Dusknoir Holo. I bought 4 Freeze and got a 5th Absol Holo.
I'm contemplating buying a Dragons Exalted Box from Collectors Cache since it's 94.99 instead of 109.99 on Pokeorder. I also might get 36 Loose plasma Blast packs from CC's ebay page for 84.99.

Do not buy loose packs. People weigh them to see if there's any good cards in them, open the ones that weigh more, and sell the others as loose packs. So you're better off spending 15$ more and getting 3-4 guaranteed ultra rares from a sealed box.

I just bought 3 packs from walmart and got a Mega Venusaur EX. The other two only had NHRs in them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I already bought a Plasma Blast Booster box, and got 2 ex's in it. In fact since I've pulled 3 more of one of them from boosters. I was only buying it because 1. It's cheaper then buying a box. 2. You can get lucky. 3. I watched a Youtuber who opened loose packs from the site and she pulled multiple ultra rares. It seems that with this site, Collector's cache, when you buy 36 loose packs you aren't buying 36 packs from the same box, just 36 random packs so it is a gamble, but I don't believe Collector's cache weigh their packs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
So I bought 2 tins and 5 Dragons Exalted packs today at Walmart and Meijer.

tumblr_n7g1veJ9Lq1r12rm4o6_r1_1280.jpg

The first tin was a Kyurem Tin, it contained 1 LT, 1 Freeze, 1 Blast and 1 Next Destinies.
Blast: Dialga Full Art
Freeze: Chandelure Rev
LT: Mewtwo Rev
ND: Simisage Rev and Pinsir

The Dialga Full Art is actually my 91st Ex/Shiny/Full Art Supporter/Lv. X I've gotten (87th pulled) since August 2013.

Tin 2: Zekrom Tin, same packs
It had all non holo rares except the LT which had an Emboar Rev and the same Xatu that was in th other tin.

In the 5 Dragons Exalted packs I got 4 new reverses, Rescue Scarf, Magikarp, Nincada and Zweilous, 2 new rares Gyarados and Skaking Holo. Also a new Uncommon Audino.

Was really glad to find those tins there I had never seen them before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back