• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    a couple days ago, I bought 2 HGSS booster packs, 1 Legendary treasures booster pack and 1 XY base set booster pack. I got a typhlosion and meganium prime in the HGSS packs, a Mew EX full art and a victini EX in the SAME booster pack (legendary treasures) and a Venusaur EX full art in the XY base set pack. My ability is Super Luck.

Years
  • I feel like EX cards are just as easy to get as holo cards (odds as them being in 1 of every 3 packs).
    I bought 3 XY FlashFire booster packs today and in addition to getting 2 promo Honedges and 1 promo Skiddo, I got 1 Charizard EX and one Holo Goodra. I also got 2 non-rare reverse Holo's, a Litleo and supporter Lysandre.

Years
  • I feel like EX cards are just as easy to get as holo cards (odds as them being in 1 of every 3 packs).
    I bought 3 XY FlashFire booster packs today and in addition to getting 2 promo Honedges and 1 promo Skiddo, I got 1 Charizard EX and one Holo Goodra. I also got 2 non-rare reverse Holo's, a Litleo and supporter Lysandre.

Not true. There are times where you get super lucky, and then other times you pull complete crap. I've pulled 1 holo out of 6 boosters one time. Pissed me off so badly.

Years

Not true. There are times where you get super lucky, and then other times you pull complete crap. I've pulled 1 holo out of 6 boosters one time. Pissed me off so badly.

It's cataloged pretty well earlier in this thread, but I actually bought 39 packs of XY before pulling a single EX. At least I think it was 39 packs. It was definitely somewhere in the vicinity of the number of packs you get in a booster box, I can tell you that much from memory. It was not fun at all.

EDIT: I also got the Krookodile EX box and a bunch of other cards Saturday. Only opened the Krookodile EX box, and the only interesting pull was Charizard EX.

I did get these awesome deck boxes, though:

XDWhnCtl.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:
    Years
  • Haven't picked up any cards since February, but I saw that my work had all our Pokemon booster packs on clearance for $4 a piece, so I picked up 4 Flashfire packs. My rare cards ended up being 2 Floatzel and 2 Butterfree, and I also had 5 Litleo in total (1 in each pack + 1 reverse holo). I think I liked the Legendary Treasures boosters better, as I seemed to pull a FA card every second pack.

Years
  • Haven't picked up any cards since February, but I saw that my work had all our Pokemon booster packs on clearance for $4 a piece, so I picked up 4 Flashfire packs. My rare cards ended up being 2 Floatzel and 2 Butterfree, and I also had 5 Litleo in total (1 in each pack + 1 reverse holo). I think I liked the Legendary Treasures boosters better, as I seemed to pull a FA card every second pack.

4$ is their usual retail price, that's not even clearance. Clearance is usually 30%+ off. They wouldn't have them on clearance because they're a money maker that are usually sold pretty often.

Years
  • 4$ is their usual retail price, that's not even clearance. Clearance is usually 30%+ off. They wouldn't have them on clearance because they're a money maker that are usually sold pretty often.
    Ah, but everything costs more here in Canada. They're usually $6 at our store (which is a rip off, I know), but none of our Pokemon stuff sells, presumably because of the prices. Seems like we're putting a majority of our TCG series (Pokemon, Yugioh, Magic, etc.) on clearance and not re-ordering it, since we're downgrading our whole toy section to half an aisle instead of a full one. Either way, if it means cheaper Pokemon cards in the near future for me, I'll take it.

Years
  • Ah, but everything costs more here in Canada. They're usually $6 at our store (which is a rip off, I know), but none of our Pokemon stuff sells, presumably because of the prices. Seems like we're putting a majority of our TCG series (Pokemon, Yugioh, Magic, etc.) on clearance and not re-ordering it, since we're downgrading our whole toy section to half an aisle instead of a full one. Either way, if it means cheaper Pokemon cards in the near future for me, I'll take it.

You might as well just save up and buy a booster box. No wonder Canadians are so poor, your economy is worse than ours down here in America.

Years
  • You might as well just save up and buy a booster box. No wonder Canadians are so poor, your economy is worse than ours down here in America.

Canadians? Poor? That's news to me...

The price markups are more down to the higher wages they pay hourly workers there, and also due to the history of higher prices due to the past disparity between the US Dollar and the Canadian Dollar. However, that disparity basically no longer exists (the Canadian Dollar is and has been basically at a 1-for-1 exchange rate with the US Dollar for the past 6 years and that doesn't look to change anytime soon), but it's more convenient for retailers to keep it in place. Also, being a country of just 35 million people means that the country has less economic purchasing power to keep prices down than, say, a country of 310 million (which just so happens to be the US population). Things are cheaper in the US because companies tend to froth at the mouth at the prospect of selling in the 3rd most populous nation in the world. Canada is a ridiculously economically powerful country despite its small population, as it has ~$1.5 trillion in US Dollars of economic activity, and when scaled up to the population of the US, that economic power is the same as the economic power of the United States.

Most Canadian Pokemon players probably import cards from the US because it's probably cheaper than buying them in Canada, even with shipping!

Anyway, enough of that economic rant. Time to open my Honedge checklane FlashFire blister.

Only interesting things were a Trick Shovel and a reverse holo Startling Megaphone. Not really anything else that got me excited. :(

Years
  • Canadians? Poor? That's news to me...

The price markups are more down to the higher wages they pay hourly workers there, and also due to the history of higher prices due to the past disparity between the US Dollar and the Canadian Dollar. However, that disparity basically no longer exists (the Canadian Dollar is and has been basically at a 1-for-1 exchange rate with the US Dollar for the past 6 years and that doesn't look to change anytime soon), but it's more convenient for retailers to keep it in place. Also, being a country of just 35 million people means that the country has less economic purchasing power to keep prices down than, say, a country of 310 million (which just so happens to be the US population). Things are cheaper in the US because companies tend to froth at the mouth at the prospect of selling in the 3rd most populous nation in the world. Canada is a ridiculously economically powerful country despite its small population, as it has ~$1.5 trillion in US Dollars of economic activity, and when scaled up to the population of the US, that economic power is the same as the economic power of the United States.

Most Canadian Pokemon players probably import cards from the US because it's probably cheaper than buying them in Canada, even with shipping!

Anyway, enough of that economic rant. Time to open my Honedge checklane FlashFire blister.

Only interesting things were a Trick Shovel and a reverse holo Startling Megaphone. Not really anything else that got me excited. :(

Thank you for educating me from my ignorance. I have a canadian friend and she says that there are a lot of poor people in Canada, but it's probably the same as America, the only difference is they can speak French.

Years
  • Thank you for educating me from my ignorance. I have a canadian friend and she says that there are a lot of poor people in Canada, but it's probably the same as America, the only difference is they can speak French.

Go into a rural area or an isolated small town once and count how many run-down houses you see. You'll see a lot of them in those places in America.

Anyway, we should probably get back to discussing cards, haha.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Went to Target today and bought 6 Plasma Freeze boosters, 1 Plasma Blast and a 3 pack of Noble Victories, Emerging Powers and Next Destinies.

I got two duplicate holos and 1 duplicate rare reverse. My search for full art Deoxys/Latias/Heatran/Jirachi/Genesect and Kyurem reg continues.
    Spoiler:

The 3 pack was amazing.
    tumblr_n93k80phkR1r12rm4o7_r1_1280.jpg[
    tumblr_n93k80phkR1r12rm4o7_r1_1280.jpg

The Zekrom is a duplicate but it's cool to get two full arts in a repackaged blister.
    I also saved the top two booster arts, Next Destinies is almost impossible to open without ruining the pack.

Years
  • I just ordered my first booster box. I ordered flashfire since it's the most recent set, also because I hear people are getting some sweet pulls like 6 URs in a box. I'm super excited. :3

Years
  • It's cataloged pretty well earlier in this thread, but I actually bought 39 packs of XY before pulling a single EX. At least I think it was 39 packs. It was definitely somewhere in the vicinity of the number of packs you get in a booster box, I can tell you that much from memory. It was not fun at all.

EDIT: I also got the Krookodile EX box and a bunch of other cards Saturday. Only opened the Krookodile EX box, and the only interesting pull was Charizard EX.

I did get these awesome deck boxes, though:

[url]http://i.imgur.com/XDWhnCtl.jpg[/url]

Wow, that's pretty bad luck. I've pulled 2 EX's out of 3 booster packs before and I'm sitting at 6 total.. I think all of the lucky packs get shipped to the Mid West.

Years
  • Went to Target today and bought 6 Plasma Freeze boosters, 1 Plasma Blast and a 3 pack of Noble Victories, Emerging Powers and Next Destinies.

I got two duplicate holos and 1 duplicate rare reverse. My search for full art Deoxys/Latias/Heatran/Jirachi/Genesect and Kyurem reg continues.
    Spoiler:

The 3 pack was amazing.
    tumblr_n93k80phkR1r12rm4o7_r1_1280.jpg[
    tumblr_n93k80phkR1r12rm4o7_r1_1280.jpg

The Zekrom is a duplicate but it's cool to get two full arts in a repackaged blister.
    I also saved the top two booster arts, Next Destinies is almost impossible to open without ruining the pack.

Dude those are some amazing pulls but it's such a shame that that Hydreigon is no longer in rotation. I actually pulled FA Thundurus and Tornadus in two packs in a row from one of those repackaged blisters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Went to Walmart today and found some packs I hadn't seen in stores in months. I bought 5 of each.

Spoiler:

Here's what I got

tumblr_n93k80phkR1r12rm4o10_r1_1280.jpg

Unfortunately all the holos are duplicates.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Went back to Walmart yesterday and bought 4 Dragons Exalted, 1 Boundaries Crossed and noticed they had a bunch of Next Destinies packs also so I bought some of those.

Only cards to mention are Garbodor Holo and REgisteel Ex from DE which is the only ex I already have from DE so...

From ND I got a Zekrom rare, a Chandelure Holo, an Arcanine Rev and a Bronzong Rev.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back