• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I bought another 2 Chespin boxes at Target yesterday. I got 3 holos, a new Garchomp holo from Dragons Exalted and 2 duplicate holos, Zebstrika and my 10th Houndoom from Plasma Blast.

Years
  • Got a foiled Lysandre and two more EXs - Skarmory and non-mega Charizard.
    Other star was a Golem but I'm more for being Steel, Electric, or rainbow weak

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Went to Walmart today and bought the first 10 Plasma Freeze boosters on the hook.

I opened them in the following order, although they were mixed up when going through the cash register from how they were on the peg.

1. Rev Electrode, Holo Absol
    2. Rev Steelix, Professor Juniper FA #4
    3. Rev Nidoran, Thundurus Ex
    4. Rev Seismitoad, Holo Kingdra
    5. Rev Zekrom, Holo Kingdra
    6. Rev Vanillite, Beedrill
    7. Rev Wooper, Quagsire
    8. Rev Nidorina, Bisharp
    9. Rev Muk, Glaceon
    10. Rev Rattata, Cofagrigus

So in the first 5 packs I opened I got 4 Rare Reverses, 3 Holos, 1 Ex and 1 Full Art Supporter. In the second five I got 1 Rare Reverse and 5 Non Holo Rares.

I counted my packs and found out I've opened 177 Plasma Freeze boosters including promo and tins. In 177 boosters I've pulled

2 Deoxys Ex
    2 Thundurus Ex
    3 Heatran Ex
    4 Latios Ex
    2 Tornadus Ex
    1 Latias Ex
    3 Tornadus Full Arts
    2 Latios Full Arts
    1 Thundurus Full Art
    4 Professor Juniper Full Arts
    1 Ghetsis Full Art

Years
  • Got a 3 pack blister. Rev Heliolisk, Holo Druddigon and a NHR Furret and Luxray, Been having terrible luck with booster packs lately. I'm gonna buy a booster box next thursday. I'm thinking Legendary Treasures.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Bought Pyroar Box and Delphox EX tin on the 3rd at Target.

Didn't really get what I wanted (either Meowstic or Furret) - did get a Charizard Full Art (100/106) [along with a few other cards I also liked that I got]
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I bought some packs today at Meijer

I bought a Greninja tin since it was the only Kalos starter tin I hadn't bought yet. It came with a Reshiram so all the Kalos tins I've bought pretty much sucked pretty much paid 20 bucks for a promo. I won't be buying anymore of these.

I bought 1 Plasma Blast pack and 1 Freeze, got an Uxie and an Electrode Holo

I also found some new promo packs, each one was the only one in store.

1. MJ Holding Inc. 1 Booster Pack - Flashfire - Charizard Ex 12
    2. 1 Pack + 1 Promo - Ghetsis Holo and a Machamp 95/102 Prime was the Holo/promo card.

Finally I bought 5 Boundaries Crossed packs since this is the only store here that still sells them for under 4.99, 4.19.

1. Emboar Rev, Dusknoir Holo
    2. Blastoise Holo (In this pack the 5 commons were upside down)
    3. Victini
    4. Musharna
    5. Vileplume Rev, Celebi Ex

overall I got 1 new reverse and 1 new ex, but I don't collect Flashfire. And Celebi seems to be haunting me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I bought 8 Boundaries Crossed Boosters from a different Meijer. It's the only store here still selling them for 4.19. They also had Call of Legends, Plasma Storm.

I got a Gliscor Holo and a Stoutland, so no Vileplume, Serperior, Electivire which are the only holos I'm missing. I might get another BC box sometime.

I also got two of those 1 pack + 1 reverse holo. The first came with a Master Ball Ace spec, the other a Mespirit holo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    I went to my local card/gaming shop last night and got 10 packs of plasma storm and a booster box of flashfire.

The 10 packs of storm produced:
    Klinklang holo 90/135
    Magnezone holo 46/135
    Garbodor reverse holo 67/135
    wheezing holo 58/135
    articuno ex FA 25/135

About 4-5 more uncommon and common holo and reverse holo cards.

I had read some pretty scary posts about flashfire pull rates but opted to go for it and got the following:

Lysandre FA 104/106
    Charizard EX 12/106
    M Charizard EX 13/106
    M Kangaskhan EX 109/106 (SR)
    Kangaskhan EX 78/106

A truckload of other holos and reverses, nearly 48 cards of the 360 in the box.

Considering Selling the more valuable ones to get another box.

Years
  • I bought 8 Boundaries Crossed Boosters from a different Meijer. It's the only store here still selling them for 4.19. They also had Call of Legends, Plasma Storm.

I got a Gliscor Holo and a Stoutland, so no Vileplume, Serperior, Electivire which are the only holos I'm missing. I might get another BC box sometime.

I also got two of those 1 pack + 1 reverse holo. The first came with a Master Ball Ace spec, the other a Mespirit holo.

Shame you didn't get the BC holos you're missing. Nice luck with the Master Ball Ace Spec, though!

I went to my local card/gaming shop last night and got 10 packs of plasma storm and a booster box of flashfire.

The 10 packs of storm produced:
    Klinklang holo 90/135
    Magnezone holo 46/135
    Garbodor reverse holo 67/135
    wheezing holo 58/135
    articuno ex FA 25/135

About 4-5 more uncommon and common holo and reverse holo cards.

I had read some pretty scary posts about flashfire pull rates but opted to go for it and got the following:

Lysandre FA 104/106
    Charizard EX 12/106
    M Charizard EX 13/106
    M Kangaskhan EX 109/106 (SR)
    Kangaskhan EX 78/106

A truckload of other holos and reverses, nearly 48 cards of the 360 in the box.

Considering Selling the more valuable ones to get another box.

Selling them for another box?! Madness! Though that's probably just due to the fact that I like to keep what I pull and only sell off extras if I decide I want to sell some.

Some nice luck on those Plasma storm boosters, particularly with Articuno EX.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Out of 3 boxes of Wildblaze today I pulled.. 1 Secret Rare Mega Kangaskhan, 1 Full Art Nurse Joy, 1 Mega Charizard X, the other 4 EX's (Kangaskhan, Charizard x2, Toxicroak & Magnezone) and every holo x2 bar Shiftry which is the only card I need for the set. Pulled 5 holo Meowstics.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Got the Chesnaught & Delphox tins today along with a box of X Collection & Y collection, out if the time the best thing I pulled was a Venusaur EX. Out of the two boxes I pulled both Mega Blastoise & Mega Venusaur, plus a regular Venusaur EX and an Emolga Ex.

Got a full set now. I collect the Korean cards mostly due to the price and pukks,.

Years
  • Bought a Yveltal tin, got a Holo Charizard, a Reshiram EX and a reverse and NHR scolipede in the same pack. I love the charizard artwork. Best one ever.

Spoiler:

The card is completely unplayable and would take forever to set up but I do love the artwork.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Just curious but has anyone bought any of these promo packs before? Or seen them in stores?
    In most cases they were the only one in store here, mixed in with other promo packs. For example the Boundaries Crossed pack was mixed in with a bunch of XY promo blisters.

I posted a picture of all the ultra rares I've pulled from these, they seem to be good luck.
    The four on the bottom right were from 4 different packs but I don't have the packaging still.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Bought a Yveltal tin, got a Holo Charizard, a Reshiram EX and a reverse and NHR scolipede in the same pack. I love the charizard artwork. Best one ever.

Spoiler:

The card is completely unplayable and would take forever to set up but I do love the artwork.

Well, wait and see if they run any events with the Black & White-on format that they're bringing back for 2014-15 season. Emboar from Black & White pairs quite nicely even though they're both Stage 2 Pokemon.

Just curious but has anyone bought any of these promo packs before? Or seen them in stores?
    In most cases they were the only one in store here, mixed in with other promo packs. For example the Boundaries Crossed pack was mixed in with a bunch of XY promo blisters.

I posted a picture of all the ultra rares I've pulled from these, they seem to be good luck.
    The four on the bottom right were from 4 different packs but I don't have the packaging still.
    Spoiler:

I've seen most of those in various big box store retailers. Only two of them look to be official blisters, while the others appear to be from companies that buy them in bulk on the secondhand market, repackage, and then re-sell them. 99% of the time, every card from the 3rd party ones, as long as it's in a reputable retailer (in terms of what they sell) like Wal-Mart or Target, they're the real deal.

Years
  • Just curious but has anyone bought any of these promo packs before? Or seen them in stores?

Spoiler:

My local Meijer store (WalMart / Target rival for those who aren't familiar) sell those. I've been finding HeartGold SoulSilver and older booster packs in those, which is pretty awesome. Pulled an awesome Houndoom holo from a set I had never seen before.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I've found the three packs here to have Black & White, Noble Victories, Dragons Exalted, Next Destinies, Rising Rivals.

I mostly get them because they have Dragons Exalted and it's the oldest set I collect and the easiest way to get packs without getting a box, or they contain an older set pack and I collect pack art from the older sets. I try to open the packs without any plastic sticking or ripping. I also don't open the flap on the back, so it's just the top part that's opened.

The older sets seem to open easier, but I did get maybe 8 good pack sleeves from my BC box.

One funny thing was in one of the three packs, two of the packs were opened. One pack was cut down the side, but contained all the cards. The other was cut halfway down the back and it contained the Rayquaza C Lv. X, the outside box was sealed so maybe the packs were cut in the packing process but the cards weren't damaged.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Bought a Pokemon XY Booster Pack from Toys "R" Us today. I opened my pack and got a Reverse Holo Fairy Garden. And I think that is just funny I got that particular card.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back