• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Okay, so I kinda went mental buying packs on Saturday at my local Target.

First up is the Charizard EX box I grabbed:
    Charizard EX XY17 (the box promo)
    Jumbo Charizard EX XY17
    XY Booster 1: Lillipup, Froakie, Sandile, Diglett, Jigglypuff, reverse holo Professor's Letter, Aromatisse, Great Ball, Spewpa, and Max Revive.
    XY Booster 2: Ledyba, Sandile, Diglett, Taillow, Ekans, reverse holo Delphox 26/146, Malamar, Cassius, Electrode, and Hard Charm.
    Flashfire Booster 1: Ponyta, Sneasel, Seedot, Skrelp, Scraggy, reverse holo Meowstic, Scrafty, Avalugg, Sneasel, and Metapod.
    Flashfire Booster 2: Spheal, Caterpie, Buneary, Buizel, Sandile, reverse holo Ultra Ball, Carbink, Luvdisc, Ultra Ball, and Graveler.

Next is the Flashfire Honedge Blister:
    Plastic Charizard Coin
    Honedge XY12
    Flashfire Booster: Espurr, Sneasel, Pineco, Scraggy, Shinx, reverse holo Qwilfish, Heliolisk, Torkoal, Magnetic Storm, and Sealeo.

Then we have the Flashfire Skiddo Blister:
    Plastic Charizard Coin
    Skiddo XY11
    Flashfire Booster: Duskull, Sentret, Feebas, Geodude, Litleo, reverse holo Miltank, Lopunny, Trick Shovel, Roserade, and Lysandre.

And then the Machamp Flashfire Blister:
    Plastic Charizard Coin
    Special Foil Machamp Plasma Blast 49/101
    Flashfire Booster 1: Sandile, Bergmite, Pineco, Spheal, Buneary, reverse holo Buizel, Full Art Pokemon Center Lady, Sealeo, Pal Pad, and Roserade.
    Flashfire Booster 2: Sandile, Bergmite, Stunky, Geodude, Fletchling, reverse holo Metapod, Weavile, Ultra Ball, Krokorok, and Blacksmith.
    Flashfire Booster 3: Seedot, Pidgey, Stunky, Duskull, Flabebe, reverse holo Bergmite, Furret, Sneasel, Protection Cube, and Floette.

Following that is the Greninja EX Kalos Power Tin:
    Greninja EX XY20
    Plasma Freeze Booster: Voltorb, Litwick, Sneasel, Sandile, Pawniard, reverse holo Absol, Raticate, Vaporeon, Grovyle, and Superior Energy Retrieval.
    Plasma Blast Booster: Golett, Snorunt, Axew, Druddigon, Tynamo, reverse holo Eelektross, Masquerain, Plasma Energy, Cover Fossil, and Musharna.
    XY Booster: Skiddo, Bidoof, Pumpkaboo, Bunnelby, Doduo, reverse holo Pumpkaboo, Cloyster, Gurdurr, Mr. Mime, and Ledian.
    Flashfire Booster: Pineco, Sneasel, Espurr, Stunky, Roselia, reverse holo Flabebe, Goodra, Avalugg, Magnetic Storm, and Sneasel.

Second to last is the Chesnaught EX Kalos Power Tin:
    Chesnaught EX XY18
    Plasma Freeze Booster: Nidoran (f), Tympole, Weedle, Yamask, Vanillite, reverse holo Noctowl, Steelix, Cryogonal, Seadra, and Nidorino.
    Plasma Blast Booster: Teddiursa, Solosis, Drifloon, Houndour, Ducklett, reverse holo Snorunt, Full Art Palkia EX, Relicanth, Machoke, and Tropius.
    XY Booster: Darkness Energy, Pikachu, Timburr, Taillow, Shellder, reverse holo Beedrill, Rhyperior, Doublade, Spewpa, and Great Ball.
    Flashfire Booster: Espurr, Stunky, Roselia, Duskull, Litleo, reverse holo Miltank, Carbink, Krokorok, Blacksmith, and Luvdisc.

And, to finish things off for today, the Pyroar Box:
    Pyroar XY26
    Special holo Fiery Torch 89/106 Flashfire
    Special holo Blacksmith 88/106 Flashfire
    XY Booster: Panpour, Ekans, Fletchling, Shellder, Taillow, reverse holo Swirlix, Gourgeist, Shauna, Volbeat, and Cassius.
    Flashfire Booster 1: Pineco, Spheal, Buneary, Caterpie, Helioptile, Sandile, Magnezone EX, Avalugg, Sneasel, and Metapod.
    Flashfire Booster 2: Goomy, Flabebe, Sandile, Bergmite, Pineco, reverse holo Graveler, Scrafty, Ultra Ball, Krokorok, and Blacksmith.

A pretty substantial number of cards added, but only 3 Ultra Rares to show for it.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Everyone is getting amazing cards I'm getting regular things like:
    Spoiler:

I bought the Flashfire Charizard box earlier and that's what it contained. I know the Charizard EXs are nice but those were guaranteed :P Only one holo besides those two (the Milotic). It appears I had the same luck with the box as donavannj :P

Years
  • So I bought a Charizard EX box recently, got a full art Pokemon Fan Club. And I also bought a booster pack set at Target. One came with Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise holos that were not promos, and 2 X and Y base set booster packs. And one came with a Haxorus holo on the front with 3 Flashfire booster packs. The only thing worth mentioning from the two were a Greninja holo, Pyroar holo and a FA blastoise. I'm pretty happy with it.

Wobbu

Years
  • The reason why I went to the store yesterday was to buy a charger for my phone, but I bought the wrong kind of charger, so today I went back to the store and bought the right charger along with a Greninja tin. The spoils are:
    Spoiler:

I can't believe I scored a Mega Charizard Y EX :3

Years
  • The reason why I went to the store yesterday was to buy a charger for my phone, but I bought the wrong kind of charger, so today I went back to the store and bought the right charger along with a Greninja tin. The spoils are:
    Spoiler:

I can't believe I scored a Mega Charizard Y EX :3

Count me among the jealous, sir! Amazing luck with that pull!

Wobbu

Years
  • The best part about it was that I saved opening the Flashfire booster for last, meaning that I was really wanting something rare after having bad luck from the first three boosters. After buying like forty packs of ex FireRed and LeafGreen years ago and getting almost every ex except Charizard, I would've never expected to get a Mega Charizard EX after only three boosters of Flashfire haha

Years
  • I opened an Yveltal tin tonight. I got some pretty good cards just from that one tin. Not shown are the cards from the two XY packs in it, which I got a reverse holo Slurpuff, a reverse holo Malamar, a Conkeldurr, and something else I can't remember but it probably wasn't too great. lol

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I bought 4 Plasma Blast packs and a Thundurus Tin from Target today.

In the Tin I got Porygon-Z Holo, in the packs I got Salamence Holo, Mespirit Holo, Eelektross Rev and a Dialga Ex. I think it's my 2nd regular Dialga Ex.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bought two packs today. One Plasma Blast, one Plasma Freeze. Here's what I got worth mentioning.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Bought the Greninja Tin and two Legendary Treasures booster packs today. By far, the best pulls I've ever had in one night (not counting booster boxes).

One Legendary Treasures pack included Mewtwo EX (54/113). The other Legendary Treasures pack included Moltres (holo) and Ninetails (non holo). Inside the tin:

Plasma Freeze: Makuhita, Pawniard, Weedle, Chinchou, Primeape, Metang (reverse holo), Thundurus EX, Cryogonal, Staravia, Krokorok.
    Flashfire: Flabebe, Fletchling, Shinx, Sandile, Seedot, Pokemon Center Lady, Mega Charizard Y EX, Ultra Ball, Krokorok, Blacksmith.

Also, the Meijer store in which I bought these was selling random bundles of 3 booster packs of HS Triumphant, HS Undaunted and Call of Legends. Haven't seen any of these packs in over a year. Very thrilled about that.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Sorry for the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ picture. But I bought a Xerneas box, (1 Legendary Treasures pack and 3 X & Y packs) and another Flashfire blister that came with 3 FF packs and I got an Emolga FA, Landorus Holo, and a Raichu Holo from the Xerneas box. And then I got a Charizard EX and a Druddigon holo. I'm pretty happy with these pulls. I've been getting really lucky with FA and EXes lately. Every time I've bought cards I've always gotten something good.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I ended up buy the last 4 ex's I needed from XY because I had bought over 130 packs and never got them. I figured it'd be a waste of money to continue getting the same cards I didn't want. In over 130 packs I never pulled one Vivillon, holo or reverse but I did get 3 M Venusaur Exs.

Today I bought one of those 3 packs, it contained 1 Black and White and 2 Next Destinies. I got a Zekrom Full Art from the B&W pack.

Edit: after looking it up I got the one with the black background.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I ended up buy the last 4 ex's I needed from XY because I had bought over 130 packs and never got them. I figured it'd be a waste of money to continue getting the same cards I didn't want. In over 130 packs I never pulled one Vivillon, holo or reverse but I did get 3 M Venusaur Exs.

Today I bought one of those 3 packs, it contained 1 Black and White and 2 Next Destinies. I got a Zekrom Full Art from the B&W pack.

That is a good point, I never thought about that.

Yeah you would save money that way. I just bought a yveltal box today and I'm about to open it. Hope I get something good! :3

Years
  • doesn't count you cheater I never buy cards online unless they're no longer being made or they're hard to find. Newer sets I always buy booster packs. It's more fun I think.

I tend to use Chaos Cards for boosters and boxes, I bought 10 flash fire packs and the Charizard box from them a few weeks ago and all I pulled was a mega Kangaskhan EX, haven't had an English booster box for a while, but I'm always watching eBay for bargains, plenty of FA's are available on there on Buy It Now basis, but I keep and eye on auctions and pick up singles on the cheap when I can, I was pretty lucky with those, as I was earlier this evening snagging a Cheren FA for £2! I love opening packs, but I have terrible luck.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back