• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    As Serebii and I were discussing though, there is the fact that an interview with GameFreak (in Japan) had said that a third game would go deeper into N's history and reveal his name. Tackman also points out that there are items and attacks that would seem to coordinate with the third legendary, Kyurem, that are not seen in Black or White. Is this rumor busted? Probably. But it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.-pokejungle

well this is something to be said

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    With all the discussion we had on what system the third game would/should be on, and the problems that were listed for developing the game on each one, I'd say it is a fairly logical conclusion to think there won't be a third game at all.

Not saying that's what I want; not saying it's what I don't want -- but it does strike me as a fair conclusion...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind missing out on a third game as a matter of fact - even though it could contain some really interesting new material.

But to put it like this, if we didn't know there could be a third game, we would be happy as it is, and simply wait for the next games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • As Serebii and I were discussing though, there is the fact that an interview with GameFreak (in Japan) had said that a third game would go deeper into N's history and reveal his name. Tackman also points out that there are items and attacks that would seem to coordinate with the third legendary, Kyurem, that are not seen in Black or White. Is this rumor busted? Probably. But it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.-pokejungle

well this is something to be said
    Ah that would be awesome if there is in fact a third version :D!

NatureKeeper

Unova have many mysteries that remain in deep mystery. Kyurem is somehow related to Reshiram and Zekrom, but why? Also, N? Who is he? What is his name? Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare, these two moves that correspond as a "Kyuremified" version to Zekrom and Reshiram respectively. The "God" stone. And also, I could do with Gray Village.
    These two Game Freak employees are probably lying (I'll only believe Masuda or Tajiri.) there is no official statement was released from either The Pokémon Company or Game Freak. So be it Gray or Rainbow, the third version should come sometime.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years

• We'll see how it goes. Sorry if I'm sounding like a smart ass, that's not my intention.

Gen 2 had a battle tower too :/

I think that the following will happen:

Kyerum will freeze the whole Unova Region
    Then, you will need to save the Unova Region from going in an Ice Age again. In order to do this, you will need to catch Kyerum. But, Team Plasma tries to stop you, because they want Kyerum to change in its alternate form, so he can be used for Getis's plan. However, Zekrom and Reshiram touch Kyerum at the same time, so all 3 are connected to each other. Then, they will form one VERY EPIC DRAGON. (in order to change them in this dragon, have all 3 in your slot as only pokemon) In this forme, the epic dragon will challenge you to a battle because he knows you are the ultimate, most powerful and biggest hero in the world. He knows you can save the world. With him, you own Team Plasma and the storyline ended.

How do you like it?

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    quick question, how trustful is this site? Have they reported BW news like this before (meaning have they been the first to get any type of info on BW before others and has been correct?)

Years
  • Well they are reliable enough for Pokejungle to believe them...I'm not sure if that's all that reliable though as they have been wrong too...
    I hope this doesn't turn out like with the final forms of the Starters where we all beleived they were fake but they were real (though I did and still like them :) ) and their is indeed no third version :(

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Gosh, I had to backtrack 3 pages to find out whats going on. Okay so theres a rumor thats saying that there isnt going to be a 3rd game? Well that could mean that they are not going to be releasing it in the 2 year spand :\ Im so confuzzled.

There are so many unanswered questions in Black and White.

There is however an alternate option - if Unova is a new start, like Kanto, it may follow the path of Kanto and get remade in new generations, and as a result, will continue on. If however, there is a third game, this may be less likely. So there's positives and negatives here.
    Im all up for it, seeing that kanto was relatively small, and Unova being kind of small its possible. Or they just might add onto it like Firered and Leafgreen did with the sevii islands.

D: Im still lost!

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I dont put to much stock in pokejungle, i usually follow serebii pokestation and pokebeach. But they did ask about pokemon grey not if there was gonna be a 3rd version. And i took the article and put them thru many translators and while the general state ment was the same but look at this

Historically, each generation games have added a third cartridge that certain developments, if Yellow / Crystal / Emerald / Platinum. Then asked a hypothetical issue "Gray" and if he would appear in 3DS. Ibe has been against the idea, ensuring that "Not at all. We finished this comes with Black and White version." fulfill its words, is this the only generation of this series without further editing. Stay tuned for MeriStation to read the rest of the interview and our impressions with the game in its European edition.

one could look at it saying it will not be on the 3ds and that it will finish with black and white which could mean it will also be a ds game. Then the last part is from the site saying if it is true this would be the only game without a 3rd version .
    So what do you guys think? Plus the titlee of the artical says there will be no pokemon grey on the 3ds not no pokemon3rd version

Years
  • I dont put to much stock in pokejungle, i usually follow serebii pokestation and pokebeach. But they did ask about pokemon grey not if there was gonna be a 3rd version. And i took the article and put them thru many translators and while the general state ment was the same but look at this

Historically, each generation games have added a third cartridge that certain developments, if Yellow / Crystal / Emerald / Platinum. Then asked a hypothetical issue "Gray" and if he would appear in 3DS. Ibe has been against the idea, ensuring that "Not at all. We finished this comes with Black and White version." fulfill its words, is this the only generation of this series without further editing. Stay tuned for MeriStation to read the rest of the interview and our impressions with the game in its European edition.

one could look at it saying it will not be on the 3ds and that it will finish with black and white which could mean it will also be a ds game. Then the last part is from the site saying if it is true this would be the only game without a 3rd version .
    So what do you guys think? Plus the titlee of the artical says there will be no pokemon grey on the 3ds not no pokemon3rd version
    If what you say is true than that was worded wrong with the first gen without further editing as RBY, RSE, DPP were all on the same platform...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    You're post is kind of confusing...that I got confused xD
    Anyways I think they should go with a third version as it would make them more money...

oh lol im sorry the part that was confusing was the translation from the spanish site ...sorry i should of made it clear.....but read what serebii posted it makes sense...and unless there gonna pull a gold and silver there gonna make a 3rd game thats for sure

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Just read it and it makes sense, I sure hope he's right about it :)

Im pretty confident ...i just think its funny how worked up we get especially since black and white hasnt come out in the U.S. yet lol, But i played pokemon sense i was like 9 so its been in my life a while,especially i would hope my kids would play it also lol so i dont think its gonna end anytime soon

The Red Chain

Well, even Serebii has posted about that interview regarding the "no third game" thing for B&W now. It's pretty hard to believe it's not true now to be honest. ]:

And again, this is me having no problem with there being no third game.
    80% of our universe goes unexplained and none of us complain about it really. It would be nice for Pokemon to leave things unexplained for once. :3

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Well, even Serebii has posted about that interview regarding the "no third game" thing for B&W now. It's pretty hard to believe it's not true now to be honest. ]:

And again, this is me having no problem with there being no third game.
    80% of our universe goes unexplained and none of us complain about it really. It would be nice for Pokemon to leave things unexplained for once. :3

Your statement is kinda outa context. serebii reported on it to calm people down not to validate the statement

lol why would you want things unexplained? lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back