• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave / Absence Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I have just noticed I have some massive schoolwork to do before September. And so have my parents :P

I now have to "get of the f****ing internet starting tomorrow" - my dad's words, not mine.

So, hopefully anybody who's angry with me for missing trades will notice this.....

addio, amici!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • (Geez, it's hard typing on a Wii...)

From tomorrow, the 19th, to Tuesday, the 24th, I'll be away (baaaw, I'll miss my two-year anniversary here ;_;).

The place I'm staying at DOES have Wi-Fi, but as I'm not allowed to take my laptop with me (it's at my dad's, which is why I'm using the Wii), I'll only have my PSP with me, and it's nearly as hard to use the internet on it as on the Wii.

Years
  • im going to disappear from around the start of september until mid-December. hopefully by then i can re-open my shop and actually get some trades working rather than the miserable failure i had last 2 weeks.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, a new school year is starting so that means 99.9999999% activity decreased. I'll be on every now and then (Monthly) to check up on stuff.
    More can be read on my blog entry.

I'll miss my friends, hopefully they'll miss me ;;

shroud

It's almost time...
    Years
  • Well I never thought I'd have to say goodbye.

Click the spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Wow, There so many amazing people to say goodbye to... Unfortunately, with the eminent arrival of Pokemon Black and White, school, and problems in many situations in my life, my interest for Pokemon has dwindled and is continuing to dwindle as you read this message. I wish all of you the best in your lives and to be the best "you" you can be.
    Here's a little thing I put together (with some help from an amazing guy named Alan.)

I'd like to…I'd like to say something…something I prepared. Tonight…

Hello,

How about that ride in? I guess that's why they call it PokeCommunity. (hahaha)

You guys may not know this, but I consider myself…a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when I joined PokeCommunity, I knew you guys would be one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by many numbers. So there were two and then three and a lot more…so there was more than three of us in the pack. I…I was alone first in the pack, and then much more members joined in later.

And 1 year ago, when these PC members introduced me to a bumch of other of you guys. I thought…wait a second, could it be. And now I know for sure, I just added more guys to my wolf pack. Many of us wolves running around the forums together, in PokeCommunity looking for battles and trades and good conversation.

But now is the time for me to break away from my wolf pack and to find a new one. Maybe even a better one... But I doubt I can find a better one than on here at PC.

Even when I am not at PokeCommunity, I will always be in your hearts. I will look forward to the day when I come back and see all your wonderful profile pictures once again and I will always look forward to our conversations. I will always miss the days I spent here, especially those times of The Underdog League.

So... Goodbye, everyone. I've had a lot of fun here And I'll likely see you in the future if you're all planning on staying around.
    ~ Shroud

P.S. I'll be on sporadically by next year, but overall, I am out. Thank you, PokeCommunity. God Bless~~.​

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I'm gonna take a break/hiatus/whatever from PC. I'm drifting away from everyone, the people that make me come here everyday. No point anymore... so, I don't know when I'll be back. See you... whenever.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Well, my laptop has been fixed and I'm back. Let me tell you, it was agony. No internet for almost three weeks. Ugh. I'm so glad to be back. :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Well, my laptop has been fixed and I'm back. Let me tell you, it was agony. No internet for almost three weeks. Ugh. I'm so glad to be back. :D

Welcome back, man. I remember you back from agggeeess ago feel free to get chatting to me again. :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Imma be gone for the whole week, going to Canada for the last week of summer vacation ;-; See you next Saturday people. =3 (August 30-September 3rd)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Okay, I am back from Croatia. n_n
    But I'll go away again. u_u In a fencing trip in Bulgary. 1st September - 9th September.
    See you guys then ! ^_^
    And my birthday is on the 14th. School starts on the 15th. v_v

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    As I expected; you deleted my previous post. You didn't even bother to hide your tracks, because the post above me is now out of context.

We don't hide our tracks, because the 'censory bypass' rule is no secret to anyone.
    People know posts get deleted for breaking it. > >;

I'm sorry that you feel the way you do about PC, seems like you might've had it hard from the get-go? That's unfortunate, but it's really pretty immature to break a rule in your LoA post just because you know you're leaving. You're still a member, and the rules in this place do still need to be followed. ^ ^; It's a shame to see veterans leave this place, so the door is still open if you ever have a change of heart. Good luck with things, Faltzer.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020

We don't hide our tracks, because the 'censory bypass' rule is no secret to anyone.
    People know posts get deleted for breaking it. > >;

I'm sorry that you feel the way you do about PC, seems like you might've had it hard from the get-go? That's unfortunate, but it's really pretty immature to break a rule in your LoA post just because you know you're leaving. You're still a member, and the rules in this place do still need to be followed. ^ ^; It's a shame to see veterans leave this place, so the door is still open if you ever have a change of heart. Good luck with things, Faltzer.

I don't have any intention of coming back, and I don't have a positive opinion of any of you, so save your two-faced crossing paths cliche for someone who cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i could go into a harry potter sized novel about the reasons i should leave, i can't bring myself to leave what i consider to be my home. no matter how out of place i feel here, it's the gleam of light to my darker times and keeps me going. so i'm taking my leave back idc if it makes me look like a total fag

Last edited:

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Okay, I am leaving PokéCommunity for good, since I have a very busy life now and my interest in Pokémon is somehow gone. I know very few people here know me, but I am glad I met them here and they were great friends. I do not see myself ever returning here ever, but I hope I do. Not a lot of threads will be made with me not here, eh?p

Anyways, goodbye PC members and staff and all of you have a nice day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back