• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher24

~Legendary Master~
Years
  • You need to use two commands to start off with the National Dex in FRLG. First of all, you need to make the Pokedex usable from the start menu, which is done with the command 'setflag 0x829'. You can then add the National Dex part to it with the command 'special 0x16F'. Just use those in a script and the National Dex should work perfectly.

didn't work, (idk if it saved, or how to save). could u send me his full script. thnx.

***Edit***
    nvm, moved on from it, just d.l'ed darkviolet to play instead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    Hi guys! I'm new to Pokemon Hacking! To introduce myself, my name is Jordan and my hobbies are making animations, creating levels/games, and I guess... hack. xD

Anyway, I have a problem, I'm making my Pokemon Fire Red hack and I've edited Palette Town, now for some reason when I go to the Palette Town, it crashes... I've changed the tiles and the dimension, nothing else.

I guess my main problem I want to solve is: how do I open up my backups?
    Thanks!! =D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi guys! I'm new to Pokemon Hacking! To introduce myself, my name is Jordan and my hobbies are making animations, creating levels/games, and I guess... hack. xD

Anyway, I have a problem, I'm making my Pokemon Fire Red hack and I've edited Palette Town, now for some reason when I go to the Palette Town, it crashes... I've changed the tiles and the dimension, nothing else.

I guess my main problem I want to solve is: how do I open up my backups?
    Thanks!! =D

If you're using Advance Map 1.95, delete it and move to Advance Map 1.92
    A-Map 1.95 is an unstable beta that causes a lot of problems around here. =/

If you aren't using A-Map 1.95, then while you were editing and adding new tiles, you have probably overwritten some offsets of your ROM.
    I suggest you uncheck the [Automatically look for offsets] under the [Settings] tab, and manually search for free offset by using HackMew's Free Space Finder.

And oh, to make your back-ups usable, just change/rename the extension names to .gba from .bak
    E.g. Rom.bak —> Rom.gba

:3

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I'm hacking Ruby, and I found maybe 20 Pokemon from Gens 4-6 that would fit great into my region's Pokedex (around 100 returning Pokemon, and the rest fakemon). I know there is a patch for FireRed that inserts all of the 649 (up through Unova,) with some new moves and abilities that didn't exist in Gen 3. Since my dex is only 200, I'm just going to overwrite Pokemon I don't need with the new ones, but for the 20 or so from the later games, is there any way to import abilities (Snow Warning comes to mind) into Ruby (and have them be selectable in YAPE)?

Also, are there ways to induce evolution through ways introduced in Gen 4 and up? Like location-specific evolution, or leveling up while knowing a certain move or holding a specific item? If not, I can change those. I'll have to change the ones that evolve by trade, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I'm hacking Ruby, and I found maybe 20 Pokemon from Gens 4-6 that would fit great into my region's Pokedex (around 100 returning Pokemon, and the rest fakemon). I know there is a patch for FireRed that inserts all of the 649 (up through Unova,) with some new moves and abilities that didn't exist in Gen 3. Since my dex is only 200, I'm just going to overwrite Pokemon I don't need with the new ones, but for the 20 or so from the later games, is there any way to import abilities (Snow Warning comes to mind) into Ruby (and have them be selectable in YAPE)?

Also, are there ways to induce evolution through ways introduced in Gen 4 and up? Like location-specific evolution, or leveling up while knowing a certain move or holding a specific item? If not, I can change those. I'll have to change the ones that evolve by trade, anyway.
    All of that requires ASM. I'd imagine new added abilities wouldn't be compatible with YAPE either.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2015
    How do I change these messages in pokemon fire red? I'd like to change it using XSE but idk the offset
    "[player] is out of usable POKEMON!"
    "[player] panicked and lost"
    "... ... ... ..."
    "[player] whited out!"

KennyKid

scipter
    Years
  • If you're using Advance Map 1.95, delete it and move to Advance Map 1.92
    A-Map 1.95 is an unstable beta that causes a lot of problems around here. =/

If you aren't using A-Map 1.95, then while you were editing and adding new tiles, you have probably overwritten some offsets of your ROM.
    I suggest you uncheck the [Automatically look for offsets] under the [Settings] tab, and manually search for free offset by using HackMew's Free Space Finder.

And oh, to make your back-ups usable, just change/rename the extension names to .gba from .bak
    E.g. Rom.bak —> Rom.gba

:3

Oh my god. I've used 1.95 to edit a lot of maps. I don't use 1.92 because it doesn't have the mouse wheel ability. I only think 1.95 has buggy maps conection and have no worldmap editor. but if it readlly cause error when mapping? (although i've not met this issue yet)

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    All of that requires ASM. I'd imagine new added abilities wouldn't be compatible with YAPE either.

I suppose, for now at least, I'll just give them abilities that already exist in the game. I've already had too many things stop up this hack, I don't need to over-complicate things unnecessarily.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Oh my god. I've used 1.95 to edit a lot of maps. I don't use 1.92 because it doesn't have the mouse wheel ability. I only think 1.95 has buggy maps conection and have no worldmap editor. but if it readlly cause error when mapping? (although i've not met this issue yet)

A-Map 1.95 is very buggy. You can do most things just using 1.92 no problem. 1.95 has very few unique features (like the paint bucket, but if you using that, you're mapping wrong, lol) Just use 1.92 and pray for ShinyQuagsires MEH to be done soon.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Okay, I am Just bumping my question

Pretty sure JPAN removed all scripts, also he messed a lot with the timer specials you will have to read the documentation provided with the patch.

You probably need to rewrite the script.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I was wondering, is there was any tutorial or documentation on fully editing the battle boxes? I've seen a few edits like changing to color or the shape of the box, but I wanted to know if anyone had completely changed everything inside the box yet?

Additionally, when I added in the new moves I seem to have changed the status affect animations so now when a pokemon is confused it does the dive animation instead of little ducklings dancing around the pokemon's head or when it is asleep giant rocks fall on its head. Wut?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    Hey guys quick question, searched all the threads but couldn't find anything on it. Basically I'm trying to put a hidden item on one of my maps in a rock or a bush or something. I know I need to use a signpost but for some reason I can't get it to work. I copied all the settings from a hidden item on a different map but I still can't collect it. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the hidden ID #, and so I tried stealing one and deleting the sign it came from but still no luck.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hi, does anyone know how to have/make more than 8 badges in the Trainer Card?

Hey guys quick question, searched all the threads but couldn't find anything on it. Basically I'm trying to put a hidden item on one of my maps in a rock or a bush or something. I know I need to use a signpost but for some reason I can't get it to work. I copied all the settings from a hidden item on a different map but I still can't collect it. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the hidden ID #, and so I tried stealing one and deleting the sign it came from but still no luck.

Read this www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347
    It talks about flags and stuff. There's also part that talks about Hidden Ids.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Hi. I think I asked in the last thread a while ago but what tools do I need to find and change the professors opening introduction?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hi. I think I asked in the last thread a while ago but what tools do I need to find and change the professors opening introduction?

Since it's all ASM with text, you just need to edit the text. You CAN use Advance text for that, but good luck NOT corrupting your ROM with it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf0a7pwm5fiulyl/AdvanceText.zip
    You can use XSE after you find the text offsets to edit it without corruptions (if you repoint)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    I saw a hack that had a feature i like to have, they had shadow pokes, and when it appeared there was a text box to say
    "OH!
    It's a Shadow Pokemon"

Id like to use this for my nightmare pokes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back