• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Go to the XSE folder.
    And edit this file...

dfvgn9.jpg

I mean that I don't see the file with the settings..... I think I got the wrong XSE. Can anyone direct me to a working link that download that app?? Please?

Last edited:

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Hi all!

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows where I could find a completed Arabic Version of R/S/E or FR/LG patch? I've looked around on the net but have only found one partially completed Ruby Version.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hi all!

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows where I could find a completed Arabic Version of R/S/E or FR/LG patch? I've looked around on the net but have only found one partially completed Ruby Version.

Well, only google can find one. Better search if you use arabic language through searching.

Years
  • You can either work with the Vs-seeker (which simply resets trainerflag) or
    make "cleartrainerflag [Trainer-ID]" in front of every trainerbattle script.

So, the script would be like this?
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x357 0x0 @before @after
    msgbox @beaten 0x6
    cleartrainerflag 0x357
    release
    end

#org @before
    = Go, all my Bug PokeMON!

#org @after
    = Nooo! My BUGSZ!!!!!

#org @beaten
    = My PIKACHUs can be used to\ncharge my Nintendo DS Lite.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    How do I change the points on the world map where the player's head appears? I already used AdvanceMap to change the route data, but the player's head still appears in the old location.

otgh.png

On this map, Acacia City was made where Rustboro City was. The map data is changed, but the player's head is still where Rustboro City used to be.

Also, how do I change where the "dungeons" are located on the worldmap? For instance, Petalburg Woods is still in its old spot, and I don't know how to change it.

From the Pokedex (Zigzagoon's entry):
    p8vf.png

qycd.png

The route data seems to work fine in the Pokedex, but the dungeons are wrong. I can't find any guides for this aspect of world map hacking, and I'm at a loss as to where to start.

And I still need to know how to delete unneeded scripts from the ROM.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I want to change the font in Ruby Version to look like the one from Emerald version. I found a patch for Ruby that changes the font to that of Emerald version, but I've already changed so much in my hack that patching it would just remove everything I changed. I found a tutorial that changes shows how to change the font too, but only for Firered and Emerald. I know this isn't impossible because obviously there is a patch available for Ruby with changed font. Can anybody help me?

Years
  • I want to change the font in Ruby Version to look like the one from Emerald version. I found a patch for Ruby that changes the font to that of Emerald version, but I've already changed so much in my hack that patching it would just remove everything I changed. I found a tutorial that changes shows how to change the font too, but only for Firered and Emerald. I know this isn't impossible because obviously there is a patch available for Ruby with changed font. Can anybody help me?

Patches don't work like that; the only section that will be erased will be the part of the ROM where the new font is inserted, which may well be the original. In any case, you could just use the patch on a clean Ruby ROM, then compare the patched version with another clean Ruby ROM, and compare the differences, and then apply those changes to your ROM, changing offsets and pointers if need be.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Right that's what I meant, my ROM isnt a clean one, and when I patch it, I get a white screen. When I patch a clean ROM, the new font is inserted just fine, but I made so many edits on my other ROM that I dont wanna start over on a clean ROM. Where could I find the text offset in Ruby version? No tutorials have it listed.

Years
  • Right that's what I meant, my ROM isnt a clean one, and when I patch it, I get a white screen. When I patch a clean ROM, the new font is inserted just fine, but I made so many edits on my other ROM that I dont wanna start over on a clean ROM. Where could I find the text offset in Ruby version? No tutorials have it listed.

Like I said in my previous post, you're going to want to get two clean Ruby ROMs, patch one, and then, in a hex editor, compare the differences. Take note of all the changes, and then apply them to your ROM, adjusting the offsets of certain data -- and by extension, the pointers to said data -- and you should be good to go.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • How do I change the points on the world map where the player's head appears? I already used AdvanceMap to change the route data, but the player's head still appears in the old location.

otgh.png

On this map, Acacia City was made where Rustboro City was. The map data is changed, but the player's head is still where Rustboro City used to be.

Also, how do I change where the "dungeons" are located on the worldmap? For instance, Petalburg Woods is still in its old spot, and I don't know how to change it.

From the Pokedex (Zigzagoon's entry):
    p8vf.png

qycd.png

The route data seems to work fine in the Pokedex, but the dungeons are wrong. I can't find any guides for this aspect of world map hacking, and I'm at a loss as to where to start.

You can change where the head appears by editing the 'Pos X/Y' boxes underneath the map's name in Advance Map's World Map editor and then clicking the Save position button.

You can add dungeons by utilising the 'Top layer' part of the world map editor, which is to the right of what you've been editing so far. Click the drop down menu and select the name of the map you want to be the dungeon and correct the Pos X/Y boxes again.

And I still need to know how to delete unneeded scripts from the ROM.

If you know the starting offset of a script you wish to delete then you can use the '#removeall' preprocessing directive in XSE. You can use it by itself without having to attach an actual script to it so its easy to use. For example, if I had a script that started at 0x812345 which was just taking up space I would write the following and compile it:

Code:
    #removeall 0x812345

That's all there is to it. Be careful if your script calls a shared part of another script that you want to keep, as that part will be deleted and could ruin that second script. You can find more information on #removeall and other preprocessing directives in XSE's guide (Press F2 in the program).

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    You can change where the head appears by editing the 'Pos X/Y' boxes underneath the map's name in Advance Map's World Map editor and then clicking the Save position button.

You can add dungeons by utilising the 'Top layer' part of the world map editor, which is to the right of what you've been editing so far. Click the drop down menu and select the name of the map you want to be the dungeon and correct the Pos X/Y boxes again.

I actually figured out that first part by accident a few hours after I posted. That second part, I might have trouble with, because there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. Here's the window that comes up.

zd78.png

It seems the part for the top layer is greyed out so I can't use it. That's in AdvanceMap 1.92. I also have 1.95, but I can't edit the world map at all in that one.

If you know the starting offset of a script you wish to delete then you can use the '#removeall' preprocessing directive in XSE. You can use it by itself without having to attach an actual script to it so its easy to use. For example, if I had a script that started at 0x812345 which was just taking up space I would write the following and compile it:

Code:
    #removeall 0x812345

That's all there is to it. Be careful if your script calls a shared part of another script that you want to keep, as that part will be deleted and could ruin that second script. You can find more information on #removeall and other preprocessing directives in XSE's guide (Press F2 in the program).

Is it really that easy? So I could just open up a fresh Ruby rom, find every last default script, and run it through that code? While time consuming, that's pretty simple. Thanks!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • I actually figured out that first part by accident a few hours after I posted. That second part, I might have trouble with, because there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. Here's the window that comes up.

zd78.png

It seems the part for the top layer is greyed out so I can't use it. That's in AdvanceMap 1.92. I also have 1.95, but I can't edit the world map at all in that one.

Ah, I forgot that Ruby's world map editing is different to FRLG's. Sorry about that :P

Ruby's system is different in that it only has one visible layer to use, but just because you can't see any other layers doesn't mean they doesn't exist. Select a random spot on the world map, open the drop down box, select a dungeon like Petalburg Woods and then change the X/Y position boxes to where that dungeon would be on the new world map. Now when you enter that map your head should appear in the correct spot in-game, but there won't be any secondary name telling you that you're in a dungeon as only FR/LG can support displaying a second map name onscreen. Just remember to change that random space you edited back to what it was referring to beforehand.

Is it really that easy? So I could just open up a fresh Ruby rom, find every last default script, and run it through that code? While time consuming, that's pretty simple. Thanks!

Yup, that easy :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Ah, I forgot that Ruby's world map editing is different to FRLG's. Sorry about that :P

Ruby's system is different in that it only has one visible layer to use, but just because you can't see any other layers doesn't mean they doesn't exist. Select a random spot on the world map, open the drop down box, select a dungeon like Petalburg Woods and then change the X/Y position boxes to where that dungeon would be on the new world map. Now when you enter that map your head should appear in the correct spot in-game, but there won't be any secondary name telling you that you're in a dungeon as only FR/LG can support displaying a second map name onscreen. Just remember to change that random space you edited back to what it was referring to beforehand.

But what about when you zoom in on the map with the Pokenav? There's a list of dungeons that shows up to the right under the route name, and when you hover over a city, you get a basic map of the city. Is there really no real way to change that data?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Has anyone tried using the [createsprite] command on XSE?
    I tried it once, but I couldn't remember about it anymore. The only thing I can remember about it was that we can walk through the virtual sprite. =/

Anyway, I want to know if it'll only work on level scripts, or will it also work on regular scripts.
    Will it move if we script it to move?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    I have a crazy idea (i originally had it for Emerald, but it could be applicable for FR/LG/R/S as well):

How about 9 starters instead of 3 ?

I'll explain:

1st way:
    The idea is that a NPC would ask you a question, where three answers are possible. Choosing one of the answers will lead you to 3 different sets of starters.

Example:
    NPC: Question
    You:
    A - Fire/Water/Grass Starters
    B - Psychic/Dark/Fighting Starters
    C - Ice/Ground/Rock Starters

2nd way:
    The NPC would ask three questions, with 3 answers possible. This time, each answer would represent a pokemon. It's like you're setting your starters "manually".

Example:
    NPC: Question 1
    You: A) Fire B) Water C) Grass
    NPC: Question 2
    You: D) Psychic E) Dark F) Fighting
    NPC: Question 3
    You: G) Ice H) Ground I) Rock

Choosing A,D and H as answers would give you the choice between a fire, psychic, or ground starter.

Whatever you choose, your rival would take the one with the type advantage over yours.
    Other things would change as well (the 1st arena type, but that may be too much...)
    Is that possible (may it be though scripting or ASM) ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I have a crazy idea (i originally had it for Emerald, but it could be applicable for FR/LG/R/S as well):

How about 9 starters instead of 3 ?

*snip*

The short answer is: Yes, you can script that.

The long answer is: Yes, you can script that, but it's going to take some work (and studious scripting). And getting the rival to always take your chosen type's weakness will probably require some mucking about in the trainer data, but there are tools for that.

That said, it's a neat idea that would be interesting to see if you're willing to put in the work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    The short answer is: Yes, you can script that.

The long answer is: Yes, you can script that, but it's going to take some work (and studious scripting). And getting the rival to always take your chosen type's weakness will probably require some mucking about in the trainer data, but there are tools for that.

That said, it's a neat idea that would be interesting to see if you're willing to put in the work.

I would do.
    So, the 1st way would just require XSE, while the other one would require ASM as well. Am i right ?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I would do.
    So, the 1st way would just require XSE, while the other one would require ASM as well. Am i right ?

I don't see it requiring ASM. There are a handful of trainer editor tools out there. Unnamed Trainer Editor is a good one (sorry, I don't have a link handy). I think the most straight-forward way would be to create new entries for the rival to account for all the new starters and use a whole mess of script flags to set the right battle with each encounter.

If there's an easier way, I don't know it offhand. Then again, I tend not to use ASM if possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back