• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • I've heard very little criticism for IV. Maybe for its ports and remakes, but not for the game itself, and in most lists it generally comes pretty close to the top. If it's not number 2 with VI as the #1 then it's generally #3 with VII as number one.

IX is special, though. Spoony from TheSpoonyExperiment basically summed up the masses' experience with the game in sharing his own experience with it. Essentially, it's hailed for calling back to the original style of Final Fantasy (which is especially apparent thanks to the music), its well written characters, and its fantastic visuals, but it's also a black sheep in the series. Not a black sheep in the sense that the originally JP-only games are, but because of its character design it's shunned by many gamers, even some avid FF fans, often without being given a chance. Its popularity is there, and it does get a lot of praise, but its being a black sheep is really what stops me from putting it above IV in terms of popularity. Well, that and because IV and VI are often paired together when referring to "the best Final Fantasy". That is, until someone mentions VII and a flamewar breaks out.

At least, in my experience.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    So Facebook just bought out the Oculus Rift for $2 billion, which the timing is very interesting considering Sony just unveiled Project Morpheus. Thoughts?

Annnnnnnd Minecraft for Oculus is already cancelled. I guess a few indie devs are probably gonna have a problem with this. And from what I see on most websites people are already calling it the death of Oculus lol

I swear other companies seem to be helping Sony out with their publicity a lot more than Sony themselves.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Annnnnnnd Minecraft for Oculus is already cancelled. I guess a few indie devs are probably gonna have a problem with this. And from what I see on most websites people are already calling it the death of Oculus lol

I swear other companies seem to be helping Sony out with their publicity a lot more than Sony themselves.
    I think it's more of a slap in the face to the people who funded the project on Kickstarter, as they were basically the investors for the Oculus Rift and they just went out and sold it for a humongous profit. Now, depending on the direction that Zuckerberg takes with this, it could be either the death of the Oculus or the bringing of a new gaming medium.

Either way, I don't want to see a virtual reality Farmville...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I read about the whole Facebook buying Oculus Rift this morning.
    As elheroe has mentioned, its a kick in the butt for all the people who helped funding it in the first place. Also, Im not sure if i want the person behind FB to handle a VR project like the Oculus...it just seems very unfitting and im not quite sure what Zuckerberg wants with it...

TY

It will probably used for social stuff, not for gaming, which is a real shame :(

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Nowadays people rarely refer to 4 and 6 as 2 and 3, respectively. They were named this way because we only originally got 1, 4, and 6, so they renumbered them as 1, 2, and 3 when they came over because, to us, they were the first, second, and third released Final Fantasies.

But wee never originally had a 6. It just went "1, 2, 3, 7" and continued from there until the others were remade under the proper numbering on the Playstation. Except 3, which didn't have its hayday until the DS days.

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
    Years
  • Funny thing about 4 and 6.

4 was originally 2 in the west, which is half of 4.

Likewise, 6 was originally 3, which is half of 6.

Food for thought.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • GalCivIII came out on Steam today, and people on it's forums are ****ting kittens over the price.

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I've been playing Yoshi periodically. I have other things on my plate I'm hurrying to try to finish up. I don't really have many gripes about it

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Well I'm actually liking Yoshi's New Island better than the SNES game only ever so slightly because of the shorter levels. Long levels are my biggest gripe with the SNES game.

I don't really like it much at all though much like the SNES. The series has its strength, but platforming isn't one of them which is why it's not for me. Egg tossing ruins the pacing, fluttering makes thing trivial, jumping on enemies has no feedback and in general Yoshi has weird jumping physics with weird camera movement making it hard to gauge distance. Speaking of camera, I feel like it's too zoomed in, so it's hard to see what's around particularly when you making a jump and that's pretty much how I died most of the times. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the level design either that favors exploration and collecting over platforming challenges

Oh and Baby Mario is the worst health system. I actually died a lot because the baby got freaking stuck somewhere after getting hit and I couldn't get him at all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just woke up, and was greeted by multiple video game stories related to Mario Kart 8. The track previews of retro courses from previous games make me want a Wii U now ;-; Rainbow Road! That was my childhood, and it still brings a smile to my face whenever my friends try to manoeuvre that track and fail miserably XD Anyone excited for it? O:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just woke up, and was greeted by multiple video game stories related to Mario Kart 8. The track previews of retro courses from previous games make me want a Wii U now ;-; Rainbow Road! That was my childhood, and it still brings a smile to my face whenever my friends try to manoeuvre that track and fail miserably XD Anyone excited for it? O:

I somehow totally forgot about Mario Kart 8. Will probably get that sometime eventually. I'm still not buying a whole console just for Mario Kart 8 and DK Tropical Freeze. You want my money Nintendo, put out a few more games I'll want, then I'll buy a WiiU. Not like I have the money to buy one now anyway...

And which Rainbow Road, btw?

Years
  • I somehow totally forgot about Mario Kart 8. Will probably get that sometime eventually. I'm still not buying a whole console just for Mario Kart 8 and DK Tropical Freeze. You want my money Nintendo, put out a few more games I'll want, then I'll buy a WiiU. Not like I have the money to buy one now anyway...

And which Rainbow Road, btw?

I don't have a Wii U either and I probably won't plan on getting one, but it's quite tempting when the graphics of Mario Kart 8 look gorgeous and it has some of my childhood Mario Kart tracks :') The Rainbow Road they based it off of is the N64 game. There's previews of the tracks in video form on YouTube; found it via IGN news.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • IGN just released this video earlier today highlighting a bunch of the new tracks for Mario Kart 8. As it's relevant to the topic, thought I might just share this here:

The game look absolutely beautiful. I think I'm going to buy a Wii U for just this game. Although I have to admit but watching the video, Rainbow Road doesn't look as difficult as it once was. The tracks seem overall a lot wider in this game.

Years
  • The last Mario Kart I got was Mario kart 7 and I really liked it. I'm actually considering getting Mario Kart 8 now.

Oh, I was actually considering getting Mario Kart 7 down the road. How is it? Worth the money? I miss playing the Mario Kart games, and the only one I have is Double Dash; haven't played any after that one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back