• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
  • My 3DS commuicated fine with my Nephew's Mario Kart DS game. Plus if the system can play DS games then it can for sure work with a DS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    where as the only difference between the ds and 3ds cartridges are really the 3d aspects right? i might be totally wrong please let me know if i am and why.

The 3DS is a brand new system with a different processor, more memory, everything is upgraded. It runs slightly different code than what would run on a DS.

My 3DS commuicated fine with my Nephew's Mario Kart DS game. Plus if the system can play DS games then it can for sure work with a DS.

That's running through the DS backwards compatibility layer. For all intents and purposes the 3DS just pretends to be a DS at that point because it doesn't need to use any 3DS-only features.

They could in theory make a 3DS-compatible version that works on a DS (albeit minus certain features). That'd be interesting to see.

It'd either cost too much to produce what's essentially two games, or the 3DS version would look terrible because it'd be sharing graphics and other stuff with a DS game.

Also unless you stuffed a seriously complicated (and probably not possible to fit) chip design into the cartridge, all you've got to work with is the 512MB size maximum that the original DS can access for games, while 3DS carts can currently store up to 2GB of data.

Considering that the 3DS has a sufficient amount of internal storage, it doesn't seem far fetched that a Pokémon game designed for the 3DS can install a small program to the internal memory, which reads the contents of a copy of Black or White in the game slot, then move Pokémon off that cart into a new 3DS Pokémon game - essentially being a "Pal Park App" installed onto the 3DS Home screen. It's a far easier design than trying to interface two systems together that work in different ways, with minimal losses. Ensuring that only 3DS systems can trade or battle with each other also opens up the ability to re-design these systems to do things only the 3DS could.

e: Actually now that I think about it the 3DS has two allocated sets of memory - the main memory used by games and a smaller amount of memory that's used to keep the system software running while you're playing a game (Hence why you can bring up the Home menu at any time in-game, and that when the Web Browser is released it can be used while a game is suspended). That's more than enough memory to suspend a 3DS game, swap the cart for a copy of B/W and transfer Pokémon from a single system.

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Of all the possibles remakes, R/S/E are the last that i want to exist, i really don't enjoy a lot Hoenn history, yeah probably i'll buy it but only because i'm a game collector, personally HG/SS make me more ansious that a possible Hoenn Remake.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • The third generation was one of my favorites. I personally would LOVE to see a remake of Ruby and Sapphire come out for the DS or 3DS. But they should be similar to HGSS in the sense that HGSS has slightly different versions of the original Crystal story. Therefore, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes should have slightly different versions of the Emerald story. Maybe when Kyogre and Groudon start fighting, you end up catching Groudon in the Ruby remake, and Kyogre in the Sapphire remake, at level 45. Then, after beating the E4, you can catch the other one at level 70. And, of course, after you get the National Dex, the E4 and Wallace get Pokemon from all the Regions and their levels are over 70. I really hope they go through with a remake, though.

On an unrelated note, they also need to make a Pokemon game in which you can access every region, and have some sort of special reward for getting all 40 badges, such as legitimate, non-event access to the Hall of Origin.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Anyone else take a good look at the gems being mined in the cowboy's gym in B/W?

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Sorry if this has been mention before but my computer takes ages to load pages, and i couldn't be bothered waiting an hour to check if this had already been written, but is it possible that the "distant land" Looker mentions N being seen in Hoenn, it would make sense and I even have an idea as to where you could fight him, the same place you find Steven in Emerald, Meteor Falls. They could be having a battle when you walk in, a battle that N wins, and when leaving he challenges you, when you win he leaves, remarking that you remind him of that kid that stopped him in Unova. After he leaves Looker charges in and asks if anyone had seen N.
    If you go to the area any day after this you can challenge Steven.

NatureKeeper

As you say thats an unimportant detail, it doesn't matter what it can play, as long as Pokemon can be transfered, even if it is across a few generations. Even if it did matter by the time it would be to remake D and P, the first 3DS would be outdated, like the original DS model after the Lite and DSi, so what the 3DS plays or doesn't play today makes no difference, cause it will surely change.

Actually, developers make sure that all Pokémon are available in one generation without having to own earlier ones. All non-event only Pokémon are obtainable except the Regis, who can be obtained via an event Regigigas.

And what the hell is that whole "GrowingLeafGreen" thing? Remakes are not remade. Only the games themselves are. Of course I got no proof.

Years
  • Some more evidence/speculation support~

Black/White is the only game, other than Ruby/Sapphire, in which you have 2 rivals, unless you count N as a rival.
    And, the Secret Rare Zekrom apparently has 2 color patterns, one of them being this:

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, I think more evidence/speculation will start to occur now, especially with the new game next month don't think it'll be long before we hear the news about a R/S/(E) remake now

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Some more evidence/speculation support~

Black/White is the only game, other than Ruby/Sapphire, in which you have 2 rivals, unless you count N as a rival.
    And, the Secret Rare Zekrom apparently has 2 color patterns, one of them being this:

Spoiler:
    Wow, that definitely looks like evidence to a remake. I definitely want to see remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, so I hope this evidence is no coincidence.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Wow, that definitely looks like evidence to a remake. I definitely want to see remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, so I hope this evidence is no coincidence.

Just to confirm, the evidence being the colours running through zekroms body, a sapphire & rubyish colour yes?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well first off, that Zekrom card is gorgeous. Second, I think that might be looking too far into the coincidence thing...I mean, that alone shouldn't be enough signal for a remake. I personally think the remake is just inevitable, lol. I still think the RSE Pokemart music in Unova's mall was a big hint though.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • Well first off, that Zekrom card is gorgeous. Second, I think that might be looking too far into the coincidence thing...I mean, that alone shouldn't be enough signal for a remake. I personally think the remake is just inevitable, lol. I still think the RSE Pokemart music in Unova's mall was a big hint though.
    Yeh, already saw a few of these. I believe someone has a video on YouTube about the similarity of the song in Lillycove and other location in Unova. I hope they confirm R/S remakes on the 21st of May ^o^

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I'm pretty sure a lot of 3rd generation fans had a flashback when they entered the mall and heard that music. I certainly did :]

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure a lot of 3rd generation fans had a flashback when they entered the mall and heard that music. I certainly did :]

Yeah truly it was. I have been playing since Red and Blue but Ruby/Sapphire was when I was a bit older and got serious into playing it more and more. When I walked into the mall I was like WOAH. I have actually been playing Emerald in the spare time that I barely have while IV Breeding/EVing/Masuda method stuff. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back