• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • For some reason I can't locate Erika and Jasmine for their rematches. I've got all 16 badges and I can locate and arrange rematches with all other Gym Leaders but Erika and Jasmine aren't where they're suppose to be (like Erika outside Celadon Department Store with Jasmine on Sunday Afternoon; Jasmine in Olivine Cafe every Afternoon). Anything I've missed or any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Jasmine's only in the Cafe at lunchtime (about 1:30pm) and Erika and Jasmine are only outside the department store in the late afternoon (3pm-ish).
    For any reason you need to check up on any other information on Gym Leader Rematches or information for future reference on the games, follow this LINK, and it'll help you out.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I have the PCP Shokotan (whatever it's called) Pichu in the 1st slot in my party. (I clicked on the shrine in the Ilex Forest and the notched-ear pichu came out and ran around. What do I need to do to battle it? Can I catch it?
    EDIT: Nevermind

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Can you trade from platinum in the beginning of the game like after receiving the 1rst badge in heartgold ????

Years
  • Sorry, more questions about Gym Leader rematches.

What do you have to do to get Lt. Surge to appear at the Power Plant? I've defeated him the first time, got 16 badges, got most of the other gym leaders numbers, defeated Zapdos (did I have to capture it?) and been there at the right time of day (tried many other days at the same time too) and I still can't get him. Have I missed something?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Can you trade from platinum in the beginning of the game like after receiving the 1rst badge in heartgold ????
    You are allowed to trade between HeartGold/SoulSilver and DPPt once you recieve the PokéDex, so it is not required of you to defeat any gyms to access trades between the 4th Generation games.

Sorry, more questions about Gym Leader rematches.

What do you have to do to get Lt. Surge to appear at the Power Plant? I've defeated him the first time, got 16 badges, got most of the other gym leaders numbers, defeated Zapdos (did I have to capture it?) and been there at the right time of day (tried many other days at the same time too) and I still can't get him. Have I missed something?
    Did you show him Pikachu when you met him at the Power Plant? If you did, then you must wait until Friday Morning to arrange the rematch with him.

Follow this link to Serebii and it will give you all the information needed on Gym Leader Rematches: Gym Leader Rematches - HGSS

Years
  • Did you show him Pikachu when you met him at the Power Plant? If you did, then you must wait until Friday Morning to arrange the rematch with him.

Follow this link to Serebii and it will give you all the information needed on Gym Leader Rematches: Gym Leader Rematches - HGSS

He hasn't appeared at all, I don't have his number. And I have been following that page, it doesn't give any background information about how to get him there that I haven't followed (I even have the Pikachu in my party), so it's no use, otherwise I wouldn't be asking...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Alright, You'll find Lt. Surge away from the Gym everyday from 9am-11am. He'll be located at the Power Plant, show him Pikachu (try having it first in your party just in case) and once he sees Pikachu he'll give you his number. Wait until Friday Morning to arrange the rematch and you should be all set.

Remember time and day are important factors when trying to set up a rematch between the Gym Leaders, both Johto and Kanto. Also, keep in mind that the rematch will not be held in their Gym, but in the Fighting Dojo located in Saffron City.

Years
  • Alright, You'll find Lt. Surge away from the Gym everyday from 9am-11am. He'll be located at the Power Plant, show him Pikachu (try having it first in your party just in case) and once he sees Pikachu he'll give you his number. Wait until Friday Morning to arrange the rematch and you should be all set.

Done all that, he still doesn't appear.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I was wondering, about the Celebi event where you can face Giovanni, has that Celebi been release where you can unlock this event? cause i seen videos and stuff, and i am confused. or can you use any event celebi to unlock it?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Awkward question, but why in the world does Elm keep calling me? -_- I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't taken Togepi to visit him yet, but I just want to be sure.

Years
  • I was wondering, about the Celebi event where you can face Giovanni, has that Celebi been release where you can unlock this event? cause i seen videos and stuff, and i am confused. or can you use any event celebi to unlock it?
    No, it hasn't been released... people have just been using hacking programs like Pokesav...
    Awkward question, but why in the world does Elm keep calling me? -_- I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't taken Togepi to visit him yet, but I just want to be sure.
    Urm, probably likely. I'd take it there just in case. But otherwise, I don't read Japanese so I wouldn't know.
    XD

Years
  • I have PCP in my Platinum.Now,I want to evolve it.But,will the event still work if I evolve it?
    Uhh, as far as I know, that hasn't been tested yet... Save it before you evolve it and go and see if it works... Just in case it doesn't...
    But yeah, I don't actually know.
    I would assume it doesn't... But we'll just have to experiment...
    EDIT: I was ninja-d.
    And it works because of the ribbon it has, not because of it's shiny etc.
    At least I think that's what makes it work.

Years
  • Uhh, as far as I know, that hasn't been tested yet... Save it before you evolve it and go and see if it works... Just in case it doesn't...
    But yeah, I don't actually know.
    I would assume it doesn't... But we'll just have to experiment...
    EDIT: I was ninja-d.
    And it works because of the ribbon it has, not because of it's shiny etc.
    At least I think that's what makes it work.

yeah, it works regardless if it evolves or not :)
    Thanks for both answering.I haven't got HG/SS yet,but when I do I'll get my cuz to help me.Thanks!

Years
  • I figured out the Lt. Surge thing; you have to actually catch Zapdos for him to appear, if you defeat it or run away he won't appear.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just got into Radio Tower while the TR takeover is going on. There's a Rocket in front of the stairs, and I don't know what he's saying since it's Japanese. I'm guessing I have to go talk to Elm or someone, but I'm not sure. Eh?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back