• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, wow, it looks like I haven't posted here in months; sorry about that. D= I should change it.

What was your reaction to the initial announcement of the Fairy-type?
    I actually liked it, to be honest. Personally, I've wanted to see them introduce another type for a while, and it was a nice feeling to finally see them doing such a thing. Many of knew that they were going to be announcing a new typing for X and Y, but couldn't put our finger on what it could possibly be; speculations ranged from sound, light, all the way to alien. As for fairy, not many people had actually seen it coming.

One, major thing about this type-group is, they're super-effective against dragon. Dragon Pokémon don't have much weaknesses aside from dragon-type itself (as well as ice), and since most dragons were powerful, bulky, and so forth, this made seem a little overpowering; thanks to fairy, however, they are now more or less balanced, which I'm sure a majority of fans are appreciating.

My most favorite fairy-type thus far would be Togekiss; although it's not a new Pokémon, generally, I still find it to be quite nice-looking, and when it comes to battling, it's able to perform very, very well.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    What was your reaction to the initial announcement of the Fairy-type?

The funny thing is that I clearly remember complaining to one of my friends over Skype about the announcement before having a 'asdfkgl;' moment with my sister and wondering what on earth Gamefreak was thinking. Looking back on it, I would disagree. At the time it did seem very childish and well... a boring idea but over the months of waiting for X/Y, I became more accepting of fairies. I eventually just told myself that 'yeah you just hate change don't you >_>' and began finding things to like about the fairy type. Their designs were really cute of the ones revealed, they had an immunity against dragons (okay honestly that one made me go 'nintendo logic plz' and flip but y'know) and it was a fresh type.

Admittedly I wasn't too stoked at having to learn another type's strengths and weaknesses... but y'know, it's a pretty fantastic idea now that I reflect on it. I can say that I wasn't too impressed at first but I think that was more of a 'omg pokemon is fine the way it is now guise' sort of attitude. :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Come to think of it, I also found myself wondering at times as to how things would change, and thinking about all their new typing methods would kind of wind up leaving me confused. Though, thankfully, I've grown into it all after about a month or two, and now, consider fairy-type to be as equal to almost every other typing we have so far. There are Pokémon out there with certain combination (Spiritomb and Sableye, for example), which allows them to have no weaknesses at all, and fairy kind of breaks that and makes things equal. To me, this seems to be pretty fair!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Come to think of it, I also found myself wondering at times as to how things would change, and thinking about all their new typing methods would kind of wind up leaving me confused. Though, thankfully, I've grown into it all after about a month or two, and now, consider fairy-type to be as equal to almost every other typing we have so far. There are Pokémon out there with certain combination (Spiritomb and Sableye, for example), which allows them to have no weaknesses at all, and fairy kind of breaks that and makes things equal. To me, this seems to be pretty fair!

Down with spiritomb! Haha i feel spiritomb is a weak pokemon and made up for it with no weaknesses then yay we got fairy type now we can take them out! I think the addition. Made things pretty fair and equaled things out but what will happen when they add another type that is the question haha.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    The fairy type certainly helped to balance a lot of types out in terms of them being too weak/strong etc. It also stopped the frustration of fighting a pokemon with no weaknesses such as the previosuly mentioned Spiritomb or Sableye. At the same time, it also put some sort of pressure on dragons by being the first immune type to them and also giving weaker typings such as steel/poison an extra strength. So I guess I agree that without it, we'd have a few unbalances here and there! It did pretty well to even them out though. ^^

Getting used to the fairy type was hard to say the least. I can't remember the number of times I've flipped at the amount of pokemon that were changed to fairy types. (/coughs loudly at all the pink normal types) ;__;

Dedenne1

Years
  • Ok so i guess we are done with that subject thingy haah.

Ok i got one ill give my imput afterwords but what do u guys think of this...
    If you could add/replace a pokemons type with fairy type which pokemon would you have be part fairy/fairy?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    If you could add/replace a pokemons type with fairy type which pokemon would you have be part fairy/fairy?

I think I'd continue working on converting some of the cuter normal types to fairy! I'm really surprised that a pokemon like Skitty could be passed up for the possible type conversion considering that it checks all the factors or at least more than some of the current fairies. Same goes to Audino, Happiny and its evolutions. I guess we'd have too many normal/fairies though and that's understandable.

So non-normal types to fairy pokemon? Hmm, what about Lilligant? It's a perfect fairy type but they've already changed up Whimsicott which could be considered as its same type counterpart. Those are the ones that come to mind though I'm sure there are some that I'll think of later but my votes for a type change go to Skitty, Audino and Lilligant. :)

Years
  • If you could add/replace a pokemons type with fairy type which pokemon would you have be part fairy/fairy?

I would say Audino but at least it becomes Fairy-type via Mega Evolution. I do agree with the Chansey line, they seem to fit a lot of the typical characteristics aside from being in the Fairy egg group. It was just so surprising to not see them become Fairy-types, although there would have been too many Normal/Fairy-types like Aslan stated.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • If you could add/replace a pokemons type with fairy type which pokemon would you have be part fairy/fairy?
    I think Lilligant might be a good candidate for more Grass/Fairy type, because it's already graceful enough to become Fairy. And I've been considering if Altaria can become a Dragon/Fairy on its own, without the influence of Mega Evolution.

Dedenne1

Years

I think I'd continue working on converting some of the cuter normal types to fairy! I'm really surprised that a pokemon like Skitty could be passed up for the possible type conversion considering that it checks all the factors or at least more than some of the current fairies. Same goes to Audino, Happiny and its evolutions. I guess we'd have too many normal/fairies though and that's understandable.

So non-normal types to fairy pokemon? Hmm, what about Lilligant? It's a perfect fairy type but they've already changed up Whimsicott which could be considered as its same type counterpart. Those are the ones that come to mind though I'm sure there are some that I'll think of later but my votes for a type change go to Skitty, Audino and Lilligant. :)
    Lillu gang looks more fairy than Cotonne line, Skitty and delicatty idk why theyre not the look exactly like it! Audino especially in its mega looks like a fairy!

I would say Audino but at least it becomes Fairy-type via Mega Evolution. I do agree with the Chansey line, they seem to fit a lot of the typical characteristics aside from being in the Fairy egg group. It was just so surprising to not see them become Fairy-types, although there would have been too many Normal/Fairy-types like Aslan stated.
    True but some could have their normal type taken away and replaced.
    I think Lilligant might be a good candidate for more Grass/Fairy type, because it's already graceful enough to become Fairy. And I've been considering if Altaria can become a Dragon/Fairy on its own, without the influence of Mega Evolution.
    Altaria would never be a dragon fairy on its own just because of its influence in the old games as a flying type but i love Altarias new mega im using it currently as a dragon and fairy!

I think Bellossom could also have part fairy its cute enough haha, also celebi really?!? How cant it be part fairy i mean its a time traveling pixie! I also feel that with a mega or other form Victini and meloetta could easily be fairies!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Ohh, I forgot about the legendaries! I think you're getting onto something but if we were to turn all the cute ones to fairy, we would simply have too many fairy legendaries and too little psychic ones. Maybe we could split it half half? But by your reasoning, people would already be used to their typing so it's all pretty complicated in the grand scheme of things.

Celebi's a psychic type most likely because of what you just said. She has the ability to timetravel which is a supernatural trait usually exclusive to the psychic type. How many fairies do you know that can timetravel? Well maybe there are a few but y'know. I wouldn't be against them changing its typing to fairy but I think some other legendaries would probably fit the change more.

Take Mew for instance. I guess I could be contradicting myself by saying that its more of a fairy then a psychic considering it has telekinesis (or was that Mewtwo?) but it's pretty hard not to think of it as a fairy. It just checks off all the criteria of cuteness, the small frame, magical powers etc. Another argument against this would be that people have known Mew as a psychic since generation one but they've already changed countless typings in the past. Some other possible x type -> fairy legendaries could be Victini or Shaymin in its normal form.

And since Hikari mentioned this, I actually forgot about the fairy egg group as well! I think a good place to start for picking out some new fairy type conversions would be there. Not really sure what egg group Bellossom is apart of but regardless, I'd agree that it's good potential for a fairy. :)

Years
  • And since Hikari mentioned this, I actually forgot about the fairy egg group as well! I think a good place to start for picking out some new fairy type conversions would be there. Not really sure what egg group Bellossom is apart of but regardless, I'd agree that it's good potential for a fairy. :)

Bellossom is small and cute-looking, which most Fairy-types seem to fit appearance-wise. It's not in the Fairy egg group as far as I know (Oddish's line is in the Grass egg group) but I do remember the entire Oddish line can learn the Fairy-type move Dazzling Gleam, like seriously that move is distributed so unusually I have to say.

Still, I'd definitely give it Fairy-type if I was picturing an ideal Mega Evolution for it.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Username: IndianCharizard#
    Partner pokemon: Togekiss
    Why do you like fairy types: cause they are cute and powerful and can easily beat dragon types.
    Answer a topic (whats your favourite fairy type and why): my favourite fairy types is togekiss cause it also brings an advantage being a flying type and what I like about it is that it cool so cool and cute.

Dedenne1

Years
    Why do you like fairy types: cause they are cute and powerful and can easily beat dragon types.
    Answer a topic (whats your favourite fairy type and why): my favourite fairy types is togekiss cause it also brings an advantage being a flying type and what I like about it is that it cool so cool and cute.

Welcome to the club IndianCharizard! I love them just because how cute they are and theyre dragon slayers! Togekiss is one of the best ik of it was one of my favorite pokemon before it was even a fairy type and it makes so much sense for it to be a fairy type now its on one of my competitive teams and its unique typing is pretty cool :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Togekiss is one of my most favorite Pokémon out there in general, and not just as fairy; its design looks pretty cute (it's difficult to consider fully-evolved Pokémon to be in the lines of "cute" and "adorable" at times, but I believe they've pulled it off quite nicely while designing Togekiss), and it's great when it comes to battling as well. So long as it has Serene Grace ability, it could cause some major destruction with Air Slash, as it would take a way a good portion's of opponent's chance of striking any hit.

If you could add/replace a Pokémon type with fairy type, which Pokémon would you have be part fairy/fairy?
    First and foremost would be Celebi, definitely.

Celebi does look like a fairy on its own, and I'm sure many of us could agree; if it were categorized as such, most of us would likely appreciate it, including me. Although it does not have access to much fairy-type moves at the moment, they could always change this later on if they wish, and allow it access to some. Having it be put into such typing would be rather advantageous, as it would give this Pokémon a bigger opportunity to stand up to more dragon-types, including legendary ones.

Years

Welcome aboard! And you happen to be our fifth member to choose Togekiss as the partner. I always love how that thing combines cuteness with power, and gaining Fairy-type was the boost it needed given it couldn't abuse its stats well in terms of Normal-type moves. Hopefully you'll have a fun time discussing all our fave pixilated critters!

Also, on a side note we now have the three new Fairy-type Megas of OR/AS - Mega Altaria, Mega Audino and Mega Diancie as new partner choices. It's always great to honor our new Mega Fairies!

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Welcome aboard! And you happen to be our fifth member to choose Togekiss as the partner. I always love how that thing combines cuteness with power, and gaining Fairy-type was the boost it needed given it couldn't abuse its stats well in terms of Normal-type moves. Hopefully you'll have a fun time discussing all our fave pixilated critters!

Also, on a side note we now have the three new Fairy-type Megas of OR/AS - Mega Altaria, Mega Audino and Mega Diancie as new partner choices. It's always great to honor our new Mega Fairies!

Thanks Hika and yes i guess Togekiss is one of the Cutest fairy types in the list, well all are cute though haha, but i am happy and feeling great to be a part of Fairy type fan club.

Years
  • Here's a topic I'm so surprised has not even been covered yet, and hopefully we should be able to get back up to speed with this...

What is your fave Fairy-type Mega Evolution and why?

Design-wise, I really love them all... but my personal faves at the moment have to be Mega Diancie for being a powerful attacker that can also take hits well, and it's so goddamn beautiful with all those pink gems that make up its "hair" and "skirt".

Mega Audino is another of my faves, the first and only 5th Gen Mega and it's a pretty bulky tank with a cute design that I think is even cuter than the regular Audino, but there's also the majestic Mega Altaria who's a mixed attacker with fairly good bulk. Mega Mawile is also a heavy hitter on the physical end, and is pretty much an example of something garbage turning into pretty much broken on a competitive scale.

I can't really decide on one sadly, because they're all beautiful and strong.

Years
    Gallade: I rather it be a fighting/Fairy combo It could use Play Rough well and It would also match the chivalrous fairy tale style knight (ie Sir Galahad) its meant to represent.

Probably Mega Mawile, Just because it become insanely powerful and looks really cool, Mega Gardievoir is cool to.

Dedenne1

Years
    Gallade: I rather it be a fighting/Fairy combo It could use Play Rough well and It would also match the chivalrous fairy tale style knight (ie Sir Galahad) its meant to represent.

Probably Mega Mawile, Just because it become insanely powerful and looks really cool, Mega Gardievoir is cool to.

Kinda makes sense to have Gallade a fairy and fighting i could see it only because psychic is such a more special attacker rather than physical with fighting in my eyes.

Gardevoir! Only because i dont like mega mawile design a ton i think it could have been better and in competitive battles it always KOs me haha. Also i really have loved Gardevoir forever plus psychic and fairy a pretty good combo :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back