• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

Who thinks that Mew could do with a dual type of Psychic/Fairy? Then there could be Gardevoir, Mr Mime and Mew. :P It'd be pretty neat, eh?

Aromatisse and Slurpluff could do with some Megas, 'cos it's really fun having twin Pokemon Megas that can team up and kick butt! :D

Slurpluff is balanced but I'd go with Aromatisse, since I like focused stats. :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Thanks, Nicky! :D

Who thinks that Mew could do with a dual type of Psychic/Fairy? Then there could be Gardevoir, Mr Mime and Mew. :P It'd be pretty neat, eh?

Aromatisse and Slurpluff could do with some Megas, 'cos it's really fun having twin Pokemon Megas that can team up and kick butt! :D

Slurpluff is balanced but I'd go with Aromatisse, since I like focused stats. :P

I couldn't see mew being part fairy type and since theres such a shortage of fairies they prob wont add another psychic type. Any Kalos pokemon will prob not receive a new mega for a long time sadly. I think the main pokemon that will get Megas soon will probably be sinnoh pokemon so maybe togekiss and several others.

Ok so:
    What dual type would you like to see with new fairies? (list 3)
    For me the 3 would be:
    Fairy-
    Fairy-Dragon (not altaria its a mega haha)
    Fairy-Dark
    Fairy-Fighting
    Not just cause is their weaknesses but i think to see a fairy dark and dragon would be awesome dragon plus fairy = KO

Here's a list of the current dual types:
    Spoiler:

Even if its already listed say whatever dual type you'd be interested whether it be new or more of a current one. ;)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Mew definitely has the traits of a fairy - small, agile and the stereotypical pink associated with the type. Though honestly, I think they'd just make a Mega Mew to counterpart with Mega Mewtwo and give it the secondary typing there. They'd probably leave the unoriginal mon untouched seeing its been out since the beginning and a type changing now would take some time to get accustomed to. But I digress since there have been countless changes come the new fairy type - including Gen 1 favourites such as Wigglytuff and Clefable. We shouldn't go overboard with making everything fairy/psychic though otherwise it'll lose its meaning.

Any Kalos pokemon will prob not receive a new mega for a long time sadly.

Hmm, not necessarily true! I think Kalos could be seeing some mega evolutions soon, especially with the new fairy type. Maybe we'll see mega forms for a few of our favourites soon? I'd imagine a Mega Florges or even Slurpuff/Aromatisse. Though I guess they would want to work on adding mega forms to Sinnoh and Unova first but I think they could just combine the mega load between all three.

Interesting! I think the three dual types I'd anticipate the most would be fairy/dragon, fairy/dark and ice/fairy. With fairy and dragon both being two of the most powerful types in the game, their combined power would be unbelievable. It wouldn't be hard to sketch or draw out a rough design either - we could always just have pinkish small dragons or very feminine-looking ones in general. I know that's an overdone idea but I'm more focused on how cool the battle potential would actually be. :D With the speed of fairies and the power of dragons, it'd be pretty hard to stop whatever dual type creation Gamefreak would design for this.

I think fairy/dark contrasting together would also be a nice touch. Putting two opposites together always creates an interesting result after all, as seen with things like Volcarona and Lanturn. Fairy/dark is just awesome, hands down. Though honestly the only thing I can think of is a darker-coloured version of Kyubey from Puella Madoka Magica.

However, I will say that there could also be dark pixies. Though that'd probably be in a MMORPG and not pokemon. Lastly, fairy/ice. Two types that both have elegance, grace and beauty. Who wouldn't want them together? The design would be overwhelmingly cute most likely and its performance in more aesthetically pleasing sort of things like contests would be amazing. :)

Dedenne1

Years
  • Mew definitely has the traits of a fairy - small, agile and the stereotypical pink associated with the type. Though honestly, I think they'd just make a Mega Mew to counterpart with Mega Mewtwo and give it the secondary typing there. They'd probably leave the unoriginal mon untouched seeing its been out since the beginning and a type changing now would take some time to get accustomed to. But I digress since there have been countless changes come the new fairy type - including Gen 1 favourites such as Wigglytuff and Clefable. We shouldn't go overboard with making everything fairy/psychic though otherwise it'll lose its meaning.

Hmm, not necessarily true! I think Kalos could be seeing some mega evolutions soon, especially with the new fairy type. Maybe we'll see mega forms for a few of our favourites soon? I'd imagine a Mega Florges or even Slurpuff/Aromatisse. Though I guess they would want to work on adding mega forms to Sinnoh and Unova first but I think they could just combine the mega load between all three.

Interesting! I think the three dual types I'd anticipate the most would be fairy/dragon, fairy/dark and ice/fairy. With fairy and dragon both being two of the most powerful types in the game, their combined power would be unbelievable. It wouldn't be hard to sketch or draw out a rough design either - we could always just have pinkish small dragons or very feminine-looking ones in general. I know that's an overdone idea but I'm more focused on how cool the battle potential would actually be. :D With the speed of fairies and the power of dragons, it'd be pretty hard to stop whatever dual type creation Gamefreak would design for this.

I think fairy/dark contrasting together would also be a nice touch. Putting two opposites together always creates an interesting result after all, as seen with things like Volcarona and Lanturn. Fairy/dark is just awesome, hands down. Though honestly the only thing I can think of is a darker-coloured version of Kyubey from Puella Madoka Magica.

However, I will say that there could also be dark pixies. Though that'd probably be in a MMORPG and not pokemon. Lastly, fairy/ice. Two types that both have elegance, grace and beauty. Who wouldn't want them together? The design would be overwhelmingly cute most likely and its performance in more aesthetically pleasing sort of things like contests would be amazing. :)

I think we may see Kalos Megas but definately not in Oras yet maybe the gen after or the sinnoh remake.

Ice and fairy would be the cutest typing ice type is probably my favorite type (next to electric) for its elegance an beauty. Dark Pixies are kinda what i thought of evil little fairies haha. The dragon and fairy combo will be quite powerful and im wondering if this mega typing will give altaria the power it needs ;)

Years
  • What dual type would you like to see with new fairies?

I agree with those who said Ice/Fairy. I'd imagine it as something very beautiful and it would be a really great Dragon killer given both types are effective against them but also looks very majestic at the same time. I've seen quite a few franchises with icy fairies (first one that comes to mind would be Cirno from the Touhou series) so to have one in Pokemon would be really cool.

Dark/Fairy is another one I see happening, given some fairies can be little tricksters which is basically how Dark-types tend to fight, the dirty trickster kind. I can see lots of potential designs stemming from this combination, because there are quite a fair bit of dark fairies in various video games and anime.

Also, another one I'd see would be Ghost/Fairy. Mismagius and even Aromatisse (it looked creepy to some) was such a missed opportunity for this combination so to see one get introduced in a future generation would definitely be welcome. Again, another one with some good design potential.

Dedenne1

Years
  • What dual type would you like to see with new fairies?

I agree with those who said Ice/Fairy. I'd imagine it as something very beautiful and it would be a really great Dragon killer given both types are effective against them but also looks very majestic at the same time. I've seen quite a few franchises with icy fairies (first one that comes to mind would be Cirno from the Touhou series) so to have one in Pokemon would be really cool.

Dark/Fairy is another one I see happening, given some fairies can be little tricksters which is basically how Dark-types tend to fight, the dirty trickster kind. I can see lots of potential designs stemming from this combination, because there are quite a fair bit of dark fairies in various video games and anime.

Also, another one I'd see would be Ghost/Fairy. Mismagius and even Aromatisse (it looked creepy to some) was such a missed opportunity for this combination so to see one get introduced in a future generation would definitely be welcome. Again, another one with some good design potential.

Aromatisse is creepy i could see it being a ghost and fairy but i could especially see Mismagius it resembles a fairy.

Although I could see aromatisse being a ghost and fairy i doubt itll get the typing since it is supposed to be alongside slurpuff kinda like clefable and wigglytuff but hey they got changed so hopefully its possible to!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    eyy mismagius

It'd honestly be a good start for the ghost/fairies! I think they would go for an original pokemon at first though and add the secondary typing to Mismagius later. What would you guys like to see be created? I think it could follow the floating sort of spirit idea but at the same time, follow the features commonly seen on fairy types. So stuff like small wings, a round body shade, being coloured a shade of pink or purple etc. With all of these, I'm honestly imagining something like a floating Swirlix, except more sinister and perhaps even transparent. Thoughts?

Aromatisse, ehh. I'm not really sure whether it can be classified as a ghost type or not. It's spooky, sure, but does that really make it a ghost? In that case why isn't something like Beedrill a ghost? Cause y'know it's kinda unsettling and it floats. :( I might of gone a bit far with the example there but it honestly resembles more of a flamingo head for me and is actually quite cute. I think normal/fairy would suit it better if there were to be a secondary typing added although I might be alone on that. ;__;

Dedenne1

Years
  • eyy mismagius

It'd honestly be a good start for the ghost/fairies! I think they would go for an original pokemon at first though and add the secondary typing to Mismagius later. What would you guys like to see be created? I think it could follow the floating sort of spirit idea but at the same time, follow the features commonly seen on fairy types. So stuff like small wings, a round body shade, being coloured a shade of pink or purple etc. With all of these, I'm honestly imagining something like a floating Swirlix, except more sinister and perhaps even transparent. Thoughts?

Aromatisse, ehh. I'm not really sure whether it can be classified as a ghost type or not. It's spooky, sure, but does that really make it a ghost? In that case why isn't something like Beedrill a ghost? Cause y'know it's kinda unsettling and it floats. :( I might of gone a bit far with the example there but it honestly resembles more of a flamingo head for me and is actually quite cute. I think normal/fairy would suit it better if there were to be a secondary typing added although I might be alone on that. ;__;

Well if aromatisse wasnt ghost it would definately would be dark just look in the eyes and you'll see. I think beedrill is a honest tyoing its a bee so bug and poison i couldn't see one changing although if they did a different mega form it could have a different typing.

As for Slurpuff and swirlix ya i could see them being more transparent and this goes back to a mega evolution thing if they have slurpuff and aromatisse Megas they could easily give them ghost as a secondary type. In my mind it would make sense though :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    If that was the case, I think a lot of things would be dark/ghost by now then. :( But I get where you're coming from! I'm still gonna stick with the normal/fairy idea though, haha.

I agree that Mega Aromatisse would probably warrant a ghost/fairy depending on what direction they take it in but we don't know for sure at the moment. In fact, there's been no mention of any Kalos megas let alone Aromatisse out of all things. However if in the near future it was created, I'd imagine something that could be a huge variety of typings? I think it'd honestly depend on how they change or modify it.

Oh that wasn't what I meant when I talked about Slurpuff. XD I was saying how they could create something similar, just spookier. However I guess I agree making it more transparent could give it a ghost/fairy typing. It's unlikely though.

Dedenne1

Years
  • If that was the case, I think a lot of things would be dark/ghost by now then. :( But I get where you're coming from! I'm still gonna stick with the normal/fairy idea though, haha.

I agree that Mega Aromatisse would probably warrant a ghost/fairy depending on what direction they take it in but we don't know for sure at the moment. In fact, there's been no mention of any Kalos megas let alone Aromatisse out of all things. However if in the near future it was created, I'd imagine something that could be a huge variety of typings? I think it'd honestly depend on how they change or modify it.

Oh that wasn't what I meant when I talked about Slurpuff. XD I was saying how they could create something similar, just spookier. However I guess I agree making it more transparent could give it a ghost/fairy typing. It's unlikely though.

Lol im smart arent i haha but it still could be possible for both to receive a mega with those typing haha :) it would be quite interesting kinda like what they did with clefable and wigglytuff type changes except u know with Megas and added types :D

Years
  • Lol im smart arent i haha but it still could be possible for both to receive a mega with those typing haha :) it would be quite interesting kinda like what they did with clefable and wigglytuff type changes except u know with Megas and added types :D

Yeah, Megas for Aromatisse and Slurpuff are actually not that bad for future games, since those two are quite mediocre at present and will definitely welcome a boost.

Both Clefable and Wigglytuff's lines look similar but they still make them look distinctive from each other, although the issue is Wigglytuff having bad stats everywhere except HP, and then again its next best stat off the top of my head is a mediocre 85 base Sp. Attack. 45 base Defense is pretty frail while Sp. Defense is a bit higher it's still squishy, and it's also fairly slow. Clefable on the other hand, is more balanced.

But yes, while the two lines both gained a baby form in 2nd Gen and share the same Egg Group, not every bunch of counterparts is treated equally. And as I explained, Clefable sorta outshines Wigglytuff everywhere except for HP. I always feel like most Fairy-types are too specialized towards special stats and HP, with the only real physical standouts being Granbull and Azumarill.

And also, I want something you guys think I should do to improve the club. Maybe something like a featured Pokemon, similar to what Wicked's doing with his Fire and Poison Clubs where they discuss a specific Pokemon and/or its evolution line for a week. I know there's not many Fairy-types but it'll be something fun to implement.

I have been running low on topic ideas lately so it could be a nice approach to get discussion going. I'd be happy to take anyone's input here!

Dedenne1

Years
  • Maybe have the club be featured since there hasnt been one in months. How bout a competition? In one of my groups we love dragon types so people would create a dragon type team and we would hold a Dragon Hub Cup so maybe something similar with fairy types battling competitions is just one of the many we had but if we start off with something fun like that i think more people would join and be more active i could even create the pyramid and move people up each time they won. Sounds fun in my head atleast and if they cant train the team themselves b/c theyre inexperienced well i am too and i find certain people to train them for me so im sure its possible i can help with that too as well.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Yeah, Megas for Aromatisse and Slurpuff are actually not that bad for future games, since those two are quite mediocre at present and will definitely welcome a boost.

Both Clefable and Wigglytuff's lines look similar but they still make them look distinctive from each other, although the issue is Wigglytuff having bad stats everywhere except HP, and then again its next best stat off the top of my head is a mediocre 85 base Sp. Attack. 45 base Defense is pretty frail while Sp. Defense is a bit higher it's still squishy, and it's also fairly slow. Clefable on the other hand, is more balanced.

But yes, while the two lines both gained a baby form in 2nd Gen and share the same Egg Group, not every bunch of counterparts is treated equally. And as I explained, Clefable sorta outshines Wigglytuff everywhere except for HP. I always feel like most Fairy-types are too specialized towards special stats and HP, with the only real physical standouts being Granbull and Azumarill.

And also, I want something you guys think I should do to improve the club. Maybe something like a featured Pokemon, similar to what Wicked's doing with his Fire and Poison Clubs where they discuss a specific Pokemon and/or its evolution line for a week. I know there's not many Fairy-types but it'll be something fun to implement.

I have been running low on topic ideas lately so it could be a nice approach to get discussion going. I'd be happy to take anyone's input here!

I thought they were equal in terms of stats with exceptions to offense and defense? :o Guess you learn something new everyday. I think while having more physical fairy-types is certainly a good idea, it's not really something that's suited to their type either. Most fairy types are small and attack from a distance, not up in your face and fighting at melee range. However, I'll agree that two physical attackers is a really shallow number. The type's only just been introduced though so I'm sure it'll even out in the future!

Featuring/POTW is a great way to get more interested fans to join. :) Perhaps you could also have a battle sort of thing between two mon? So you pick out two fairy-types and let people discuss which one is better in terms of aesthetics, battling or anything under the sun.

Anyway since the old topic's been blown into the past now, how about a new one? Which fairy type is the most powerful in terms of anything? (try and exclude legendaries but feel free to explain them as well)

Years
  • Username: Fairy Aura
    Partner Pokemon: Shiny White Florges (because it is my first shiny fairy)
    Why you like Fairies: They are Cute, Beautiful & Magical, and they are just the best & Moon blast is Awesome & I like all fairy pokemon & fairy type moves.
    Answer a Topic!: What is your favorite Fairy type? Why? Florges because they come in different colours and they are fairy flowers as well, but I love all fairies & they all have a special place in my heart :-)

Okay you are added now! Nice partner choice in Florges as well, I happen to have a shiny Flabébé in X myself. Mine has an orange flower though, plus her Impish nature kinda sucks but oh well. I did get her in a Poke Radar chain which is nice. Still, the different colors are a nice little gimmick and some players love collecting them all.

Moonblast is my fave Fairy-type move as well, it has a beautiful animation and it hits hard.

Years
  • @ Hikamaru

Yeah Moon Blast does have a beautiful Animation, and I also think that Cresselia should be a duel Psychic & Fairy Type :-)

I also would like to see Mr. Mime to have a Mega Evolution and have a HP Boost :-)

I do have to admit Cresselia should have been Fairy-type since it does learn Moonblast, but I think the move had more to do with the fact it's based on the crescent moon and we already have a few Psychic/Fairy lines anyway.

Mega Mr. Mime is something that could have an interesting design in terms of Megas, maybe it'll look even more like a mime by what I'm picturing for an ideal Mega. However, for your information Megas never get boosts in HP, but they do in other stats.

Years
  • Maybe Mr. Mime will have a Fairy Staff and a magic book :-) and Mr Mime can learn Moon Blast by using Mimic :-)

I wouldn't really picture it like that, its line seems more like it's based on clowns and mimes. Mime Jr. itself even looks like a clown if you picture it. But it's an interesting idea, but you know I think an ideal Mega for it would look more like a mime, sorta reminds me of when I saw a Fakemon sprite where someone designed an evolution for Mr. Mime.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Username: Disolia
    Partner Pokemon: Mawile
    Why you like Fairies: Amazingly cute, and tough to boot! How can anyone dislike them?! Plus it's part of the typing of my all time favourite pokemon since Generation ( III ) Mawile! xD
    Answer a topic!: Truthfully told I wasn't fully certain on how I felt about the release of fairy types, I was very skeptical since several of my favourite Pokemon were being turned into a new type. However that skepticism subsided as quickly as it was brought on when I learned of the weaknesses and strength of the type, and gradually I became to love the typing as a whole! It's now one of my favourite typing, though that may be because it holds some of my favourite Pokemon; I might be a little bias.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Username: Disolia
    Why you like Fairies: Amazingly cute, and tough to boot! How can anyone dislike them?! Plus it's part of the typing of my all time favourite pokemon since Generation ( III ) Mawile! xD
    Answer a topic!: Truthfully told I wasn't fully certain on how I felt about the release of fairy types, I was very skeptical since several of my favourite Pokemon were being turned into a new type. However that skepticism subsided as quickly as it was brought on when I learned of the weaknesses and strength of the type, and gradually I became to love the typing as a whole! It's now one of my favourite typing, though that may be because it holds some of my favourite Pokemon; I might be a little bias.

Idk how anyone can dislike fairies theyre extremely cute and they kill dragons. Quite interesting answer i was the same i was thinking fairies what r we ruining pokemon then i used them in battle and i quickly saw just like u did that theyre awesome. Anyways welcome to the club and i hope u enjoy it as much as i do and the other members! :)
    Ps: Loving the sig ;)

Years
  • Username: Disolia

I am a bit late responding to this (lol caught up in all the OR/AS discussion) but you're added so welcome aboard!

Nice choice for a partner in Mawile. I kinda remember how terrible it used to be, but 6th Gen was really kind to the little thing by not only giving it Fairy-type (making it resist a lot) but also a really strong Mega, which actually has a really cool design with those menacing dual jaws on it. Just so hard to believe it went from NU garbage to totally Uber in 4 generations of its existence.

Also, you seem to have given a great idea for a topic so here it is, guys!

What was your reaction to the initial announcement of the Fairy-type?

As in, the announcement back at E3 in June 2013 after so many months of speculation. I think my initial reaction was "I kinda like Fairy-types, but I can imagine how much negative reaction it will get. But it's also going to open up much more design potential for future Pokemon." and I actually admitted that when Sylveon's type was still being speculated, it didn't look like any of the 17 existing types back then so I always had suspicion the pink, ribbon-wearing Eeveelution was a new type and come that E3 announcement, I was dead right. Since then, I used Sylveon in my initial run of X after I got the games and basically I was using it to see how well Fairy-types fared in the main story and surprisingly, it did its job really well but that could be because I was running into a lot of trainers with Dark, Fighting and Dragon-types.

After the experience with Sylveon, I think Fairy-types are actually really handy to have on a team. They're good special tanks yet powerful offensively as well, and it's also cool how it made old faves such as Togekiss and Clefable much stronger and able to use their stats better, but the newly introduced Fairy-types of Kalos have their own stuff as well, and I think it's nice to see so many diverse designs with the Fairy-types we've seen so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back