• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Digimon Your Digital Dream[NEW VERSION 2.0 AVAILABLE!]

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Redownload it. I had that error too and that fixed it. Or if you already have it just re-extract it

Tried it. Didn't work. Searched the error. Seems people have had it with various RPGMaker games. Usually requires a restart.

Reactions: Raj
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2015
Maybe it was because I wasn't using a fully updated version when I replaced the files that fixed the error. If you haven't restarted you could try replacing with an old demo and then going back to the newest?

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Maybe it was because I wasn't using a fully updated version when I replaced the files that fixed the error. If you haven't restarted you could try replacing with an old demo and then going back to the newest?

Sorry. Already restarted.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, what Digimon has everyone figured out how to get? Out of the ones available in the beta, I've figured out how to get all of them except for the following: Icemon, Vilemon, RedVegiemon, SandYanmamon, Snimon, Flarerizamon, Seasarmon, MudFrigimon, Roachmon, Saberdramon, and Centarumon. I'm assuming the Gatomon line isn't truly available, just something you see used by the female PC if you play the male PC. So I've got most of the stuff. And I've got a suspicion for RedVegiemon. The DMA says strong Vegiemon can eventually turn into RedVegiemon. So that sounds like Digivolution, but oddly staying at Champion level. A Slide Evolution. So maybe it's a friendship evo. Roachmon is supposed to be unhappiness evo, but I've never seen them work. My guess is that since happiness rises when you gain a level, the current programming is for minimum happiness. Which really only works if you're in a battle with multiple Digimon and knock it out and revive it after gaining a level. Plus just walking adds to happiness. Looks the Nume Poop makes everything Numemon, not Roachmon or Vegiemon. I seem to recall an earlier hint that unhappiness could yield any of those 3, depending on the exact Rookie.

And my current team:
- Izzie, level 25 Kyubimon. Serious, very finnicky
- Benedict, level 25 MoriShellmon. Careful, strong willed
- Demi, level 25 Bakemon. Naive, quick tempered
- Innsmouth, level 25 Tuskmon. Lax, highly curious. Intimidate ability
- Mascot, level 25 Grizzmon. Jolly, quick to flee
- Seismos, level 25 Monochromon. Timid, hates to lose

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Sorry. Already restarted.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, what Digimon has everyone figured out how to get? Out of the ones available in the beta, I've figured out how to get all of them except for the following: Icemon, Vilemon, RedVegiemon, SandYanmamon, Snimon, Flarerizamon, Seasarmon, MudFrigimon, Roachmon, Saberdramon, and Centarumon.

I seem to recall that Saberdramon comes from a happiness digivolution at night with Biyomon. You get Birdramon during the day.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
I seem to recall that Saberdramon comes from a happiness digivolution at night with Biyomon. You get Birdramon during the day.

Huh. Never would have thought of that one. I wonder if Yanmamon/Sandyanmamon is a day/night difference too.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2015
If that's the case with Biyomon to Birdramon, does that mean that all of the other digivolution item digivolutions can be gotten other ways as well? It makes me wonder, considering there's the Nume Poop item, and now the Birdramon one. I'm starting to wonder if they're all just ways to get the evolutions easier and not necessary for any digimon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
If that's the case with Biyomon to Birdramon, does that mean that all of the other digivolution item digivolutions can be gotten other ways as well? It makes me wonder, considering there's the Nume Poop item, and now the Birdramon one. I'm starting to wonder if they're all just ways to get the evolutions easier and not necessary for any digimon.

They can also expand the variety of Digimon can reach the same form. Let's take Birdramon for a minute. Biyomon can get there by happiness, but either Biyomon OR Falcomon (and maybe others) can get there by item. In some ways, this could be the flexibility for move pools, rather than TMs or breeding. (Breeding seems the best analog). If your Birdramon was a Biyomon, you get a backup Fire-type STAB. If you were a Falcomon, you get a Wind-type backup STAB, and not-Double Team (not gonna attempt to spell it from memory). Honestly, this has me intrigued. Let's look at BlackWarGreymon as a possible example for the finished product.
Blackwargreymon could have come from MetalGreymon, MetalGreymon virus variant, or SkullGreymon, to name a few. So you could run either Giga Blaster or Dark Shot as a backup move. And let's go back further with MetalGreymon virus. That could have come from (among other things) Devidramon, Tuskmon, or Drimogemon. Devidramon (especially if it came from DemiDevimon) can run a TON of status effects. Evil Whisper, Nightmare, Red Eyes, Demonic Gale (I'm pretty sure I named one more than I should have). Plus Crimson Claw for a Darkness analog of Crush Claw. Tuskmon can offer Slamming Tusk, for a decently-powered Neutral move. Drimogemon offers a powerful Earth move for coverage. And finally, Drimogemon could have been a Bearmon instead of a Gotsumon, now adding Muscle Charge to the mix, allowing aiding a physical or mixed attacker BlackWarGreymon. So in conclusion: if enough of the branches from the DMA make it into the final game, you can customize your movepool a decent amount by picking your evolutionary path wisely. BlackWarGreymon can round out his final moveset with coverage, status, boosting, or a powerful unresisted move.

I don't know how this would compare to the more familiar TM, egg move, and move tutor system, but it tickles my fancy.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
-Quest Title
Wanna Be a Macho Man
-Quest Description
A renamon who had become less than thrilled by it's feminine reputation asks the player to get them something that they can use to prove their masculinity: a manly mustache. This sends the player to meet with... Someone to get the Mustache in question.

My brain originally was having Renamon giving the player a 'Platinum Doodie Bag' to trade to Black King Numemon for the mustache, buuuuuuut Black King Numemon's not on your list of mons.

You're supposed to PM the quest ideas, not post them in this thread. That way, if it's used, the other thread readers aren't spoiled.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2015
That quest idea kinda makes me wonder what the possible reward would be. One thought was an item to turn into Nanimon but he's not on the list xP

Years
Are you still working on this game?/its awsome
Sure!! We are working on the next Beta and thank you for your appreciation :)
However guys i received a lot of quest ideas for the game and i really enjoyed some of them :)
About the Puppetmon discussion you made, it will be Nature/Machine Type and Puppet Pummel will be a Machine Attack. However i like to see you have discussion like this. If sometimes we are not sure about a type of a particular Digimon we'll ask to you and we can discuss together.
Thank you again to all :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Sure!! We are working on the next Beta and thank you for your appreciation :)
However guys i received a lot of quest ideas for the game and i really enjoyed some of them :)
About the Puppetmon discussion you made, it will be Nature/Machine Type and Puppet Pummel will be a Machine Attack. However i like to see you have discussion like this. If sometimes we are not sure about a type of a particular Digimon we'll ask to you and we can discuss together.
Thank you again to all :)

Cool! I'm glad so many fan quest ideas are likely to make it into the game. That really makes it feel special. Also proud that I called Puppetmon right. You know, it'll be interesting if Puppetmon does get Prankster as an ability, especially if certain digivolution lines seen in the DMA make it into the game. (Why the heck can Devidramon digivolve into Pumpkinmon?!) Also, any thoughts on how Armor digivolutions will fit into the game? I've on and off pondered how I would handle them if I were making my own game. Two thoughts came to mind:
- Use Mega Evolution programming, but put Armor digivolutions early in the game. Tweak the programming a little extra to replace the rookie signature attack with the armor's signature attack. Kinda like how the different Rotom forms gain Hydro Pump, Overheat, etc.
- Handle it as an item evolution, but not another Champion level. The DMA indicates Armor evolutions are capable of digivolving to an assortment of Champion and Ultimate level Digimon. What I find interesting is that with the exception of Submarimon, all of the ones we see in the anime can Digivolve to the corresponding champion. Flamedramon and Raidramon can become ExVeemon, Halsemon and Shurimon can become Aquilamon, Digmon can become Ankylomon, Pegasusmon can become Angemon, and Neferetimon can become Angewomon. And that tickles my fancy, it basically being a detour on the way to Champion. Basically, another way to customize the moveset. Imagine, for a moment, that Armor evolutions sit between Rookie and Champion in terms of power, but also get their own level for learning moves and Digivolving. This enables, for example, a Veemon to go either straight to ExVeemon, or to detour through Raidramon. If we go with the detour, we miss out on ExVeemon's level 16 and 20 moves, but still get X-Laser at level 25. In exchange, we pick up Blue Thunder. Compared to the direct route, the resulting ExVeemon gets more special attacks and coverage moves. Could also be very nice for Patamon, picking up a special Holy move at an earlier level via Pegasusmon, and giving Angemon a power boost while losing out on its support moves.

EDIT: Just want to emphasize my thoughts on Armor digivolutions is just stuff I've pondered on my own, not a request for how it works in this game. I mean, the first idea I mentioned wouldn't really work so well, as the time for that approach would have been in the first beta.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2015
There are various ways to Digivolve, such as level growth, happiness condition, DNA Digivolution, using objects, level up in a certain location etc... and we are using the Pokemon Mega level system to Digivolve during battle.

For example, if you have an Agumon you can Digivolve it during battle if you have a Digivice, but when it reaches a certain level, it will Digivolve to Greymon (or another Digimon) permanently, or until evolved further.
I have a feeling this is how armor digivolution will be used, only without a way to permanently become them. Possibly the digi egg of Courage for example could be a hold item, in order to Mega Digivolve to Flamedramon. Since the first beta didn't actually HAVE the mega evolution system in, and there are no armor digimon in the game yet, I'd say it's a bit too early to count out the mega evolution system just yet, considering they've already said they're going to implement it. I'd also kinda be disappointed if Raidramon was weaker than Exveemon, since I've mostly seen him with the power of an ultimate. Also, if they did that, how would Magnamon fit in? Another good use for this could be determining if you want to keep your Veemon in it's rookie form or not.

Maybe Flamedramon and Raidramon are stronger than certain champions/ultimates, and Magnamon is close to a mega. If you have the digi egg of miracles it may help determine whether or not you want to keep your digimon as a Veemon for longer or digivolve him anyways due to the possible power you could have as a rookie through mega digivolution. Although that'd kinda ruin the learning of certain abilities unless like pokemon, most of them are learned by the earlier form at earlier levels. Another possible IDEA could be to use the digi eggs(still as hold items) to change the digimon's form and movesets. Although that might make a Veemon super OP if you had the digi egg of miracles. Either way, I can't see armor digivolutions lasting very long any way you slice it, unless they make all forms of the digimon(or at least Rookie>Champion and maybe Ultimate for Magnamon/GoldRapidmon/GoldVeedramon/Kongoumon) able to use the armor digivolutions.

Of course, another possibility they could use is the Digimon World 2 route. having a full armor LINE. For example, Veemon>Flamedramon>Raidramon>Magnamon. Only issue with that would be it'd likely remove the possibility for other armor digimon combinations such as Shadramon, Allomon, Boarmon, Tylomon, Rinkmon, etc.

Last edited:

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
Years
Hey guys I wanted to note a few more bugs i picked up on my replay of the game.

gDTIPYL.png

Apparently the sprites on your side start to lower and text starts to shrink if you press control while the battle animations are playing.

uLGXShl.png

A smaller bug, but this tree lacks any collision detection. and you can walk right through it.

This last one isn't really a bug, just something that confuses me.
aIzeJxg.png

It says that you can find DemiDevimon in the bit forest. but I've been looking for one for a while now
Is the encounter rate just in that 5-1% range or is there something wrong? Anyone else found one yet?

And one last question, is it going to be possible to get any of the other starter digimon later in the game? I have a hard time choosing what one at the beginning. (Btw, you should really add a back option to the menu after you select your favorite digimon series, you get stuck with those digimon and have to reset the game back to before the quiz if you change your mind, maybe put a save point after the quiz as well?)
Also could you possibly add Salamon as an option for a starter digimon?
Hope to see the next beta release soon Game is still fun to replay in it's current state!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
<snip>It says that you can find DemiDevimon in the bit forest. but I've been looking for one for a while now
Is the encounter rate just in that 5-1% range or is there something wrong? Anyone else found one yet?

Yeah, I found DemiDevimon in the Bit Forest. Try again at night. Still rare though.

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
Years
kunemonvsmushroomon_by_dydd90-d8pov8w.png

By the looks of this it seems that mushroomon might appear there too, although i could be completely wrong and this is an entirely different part of the game.
Is there a list somewhere of all the digimon that can currently be encountered and where?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2015
I found a few Demidevimon there at night. There are a few differences in digimon at night and day. I don't remember if I encountered mushroomon there, but I know Dokunemon, Falcomon, DemiDevimon, and I think someone else appear at night there. There may be more, that's all I remember though. The beginning of the game shows all of the digimon that appear in the game(TO MY KNOWLEDGE, Salamon and Keramon lines are not obtainable, however Dydd messaged me saying that Salamon was obtainable if you were a female and chose Season 1 and she replaced Patamon, however when I tried that before he said anything about it, and I still got the Hope option, and Patamon). But yeah, all of the digimon that are available in the demo(except Salamon and Keramon lines) are in that list in the first post. I think he added Ballistamon though and I don't think he's in the list. You can only get him if you have Shoutmon as your starter.

Edit: Just looked at the list, and apparently Mushroomon isn't in it, so unless they added him to some of the newer betas he isn't available yet to us. So he shouldn't appear there. Also the digimon I mentioned seem to be the only ones that appear there at night that I remember. The other ones I know appear in other places.

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
Years
Hey DDYd, if you read this, could you consider that you Make Salamon avalible to both genders? I feel like that should be an option. Maybe if the player if he's a boy chooses Salamon the girl can pick Patamon, Renamon, or Lalamon?

Back