• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Glacier™

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
  • dpmfa215qv5.png

Pokémon: Glacier™
    A side-hack by Infernal Contraption.

Game Information
    Some technical and general info on the game.

Engine: Pokémon FireRed Version (U)
    Codebase: BPRE
    ROM Language: English
    Author: Infernal Contraption

The Storyline
    A little summary of the main plot in the game.

You are a young boy who resides in Whiteflame Town. One day, on Christmas day, you are eager to see what will happen differently than normal days. The thing is that the town that you were never celebrated Christmas; or any other holidays for that matter.

So, today is the day that you decide to become a Pokémon Trainer, and travel the world, everyday being your holiday.

You leave your house, making footsteps in the snow, and looking around at the houses with no Christmas decorations. You had a certain place to go; Professor Winter's Lab, located in the east of your town.

When you arrive there, you enter it, and Professor Winter greets you. He tells you that he was one Pokémon left to give you. He warns you that it is very stubborn and can be dangerous, but you ignore him.

Winter gives you the Pokéball, and so you throw it, and a Sneasel comes out! The Sneasel smerks, and then sprints away, wrecking the lab behind it. Professor Winter tells you to catch it, or else it will cause trouble.

He tells you that he actually has one Pokémon, but it's his, so he gives it to you to help you to catch the Sneasel. As the main idea of catching the Sneasel unfolds, more of your long quest starts to be revealed, such as the feared Regice Ritual...

Special Features
    What you will be able to do in the game!

Larger Region - A new region, with much larger maps to explore!
    Brand-new Pokémon - With a handful of Pokémon from the 1st to 4th generation, and some brand-new Pokémon!
    New Events - There will be better, longer events, and also sidequests that you will get to choose from!
    Better Graphics - A wider variety of beautiful, snowy tiles and palettes will be included!
    More Features - Along with a game and it's landscape, there will be much more features!

Screenshots
    Some little images straight from the game.

PokemonGlacier1.png
    PokemonGlacier2.png

PokemonGlacier3.png
    PokemonGlacier4.png

PokemonGlacier5.png
    PokemonGlacier6.png

PokemonGlacier7.png

Credits & Special Thanks
    A little thanks to everyone on this list.

Twilite Darkrai - Support.
    Fangking Omega - Graphics.
    Neti - Resources.

Last edited:

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Oh Russ!
    Awesome hack!
    I like the maps and the frosty tiles (Though they are getting a little overused...)
    Anyways, I wish you the best and you know I can help you (with scripting, not, cause I'm slow xD)
    OK anyways I wish the best!
    See you!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hmmm, I don't know what to make of this. Its got good points and bad points. The story seems pretty generic right now. The tiles are way way overused, I'm surprised that you would use a rombase, Esmas.

Neti's rombase is about quantity rather than quality. Many of the tiles look strange because they are lacking the appropriate colours. If the entire region is going to be covered in ice then I thnk it would be better if you made your own tileset and put it in Tileset 0, then you wouldn't have to worry about the limited number of palletes and fitting all the tiles in one tileset.

Years
  • Engine: Pokémon FireRed Version (U)
    Codebase: AXVE / APGE
    ???
    Fire Red is BPRE.
    AXVE is Ruby
    I don't know what APGE is...
    But another new hack Esmas. Not really too much to comment on. But I'll give it a go. I'm not a fan of the snow ROM base. I'd love to see you sprite some tiles. I don't think I've ever seen any tiles sprited by you.
    I'm somewhat not sure how far you'll go with this hack as history doesn't support this hack getting too much done. But I guess good luck with this, and hopefully this won't turn out to be like some other attempts.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hmmm, I don't know what to make of this. Its got good points and bad points. The story seems pretty generic right now. The tiles are way way overused, I'm surprised that you would use a rombase, Esmas.

Neti's rombase is about quantity rather than quality. Many of the tiles look strange because they are lacking the appropriate colours. If the entire region is going to be covered in ice then I thnk it would be better if you made your own tileset and put it in Tileset 0, then you wouldn't have to worry about the limited number of palletes and fitting all the tiles in one tileset.
    The storyline... Yeah, I did it pretty quickly. XD

Well, the only reason I used the ROM Base is because I got lazy, and wanted to do most concept work on it.
    I will most definitely make my own tileset for this. Thanks for the support.

???
    Fire Red is BPRE.
    AXVE is Ruby
    I don't know what APGE is...
    But another new hack Esmas. Not really too much to comment on. But I'll give it a go. I'm not a fan of the snow ROM base. I'd love to see you sprite some tiles. I don't think I've ever seen any tiles sprited by you.
    I'm somewhat not sure how far you'll go with this hack as history doesn't support this hack getting too much done. But I guess good luck with this, and hopefully this won't turn out to be like some other attempts.
    Oh, woops. I tend to forget at times, I changed it.

Well, if you read the quote I replied to above, I will change the entire ROM Base. I am going to make the game look more like fall and winter. There will be a less amount of snow.

Oh, and I've sprited tiles before, but they are not so good to fit in any of my hacks.
    But, thanks for the support, thethethethe.

Lastly, guys, remember that I put this thread in the Scrapbox for a reason.
    I will make a lot of changes as this goes, and eventually move it to the Hacks Showcase.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Esmas, you always got me for mapping if you need it. I know for a fact that this is gonna turn out a great hack :P

Back