Fan Games Hub General discussions about all things fan games. Topics relating to both ROM hacks and custom games are welcome here. Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 10th, 2008 (2:06 AM). Edited December 31st, 2008 by Thrace.
Thrace's Avatar
Thrace Thrace is offline
@tion
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,048
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old August 10th, 2008 (2:57 AM).
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti hi sir tomato my password is syvniti is offline
gggggggggggggggggg
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: My user name _ asciii_ +&h1!" lulz
    Posts: 581
    Hey, This Is awesome dshayabusa (I spelled it right? no I copyed it in)
    We realy need a newsletter, which is a great idea...

    If I would suggest some one to be Interviewed then It would be thethethethe...
    Since he help a lot...
    __________________
    THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      #3    
    Old August 10th, 2008 (3:52 AM). Edited September 28th, 2008 by Thrace.
    Thrace's Avatar
    Thrace Thrace is offline
    @tion
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1,048
    The Rom Hacker's Newsletter
    Issue 1 - Sunday, 10 August 2008
    Introduction
    Another attempt at a newsletter? -_-

    The rom hacking scene seems to have dulled a bit so KhaosKnight and I thought that it was time for another incarnation of the old Rom Hacking Newsletters. I can't really guarantee that we will be able to regularly create a newsletter but we will try our best.

    So far it is only KhaosKnight and myself making this newsletter, but if people like the idea then we may create a thread in the Team Discussions Forum to recruit people who are keen on helping us. We will be looking to come out with a new issue every week but if it looks like it will be too much work then it might have to be every month.

    We are looking to have sections for a few things which will hopefully expand with your input. We want this to be community driven. So without further ado...

    Welcome to the first issue of The Rom Hacker's Newsletter!
    Opening by KhaosKnight and dshayabusa


    HOTW Winner
    Spotlight on the Hack of the Week

    Pokemon Tree of Peace [Link]
    Hack Author: Kawaii, Inc.
    Reviewed By: dshayabusa
    Reviewer's Rating: 3/5
    Far too many hacks have either established teams or are looking for one. Not this hack though. Kawaii has done everything himself. That in and of it self is an accomplishment. The hack is looking quite promising even though at the moment it is relatively new. It has some very nice features planned that the average Pokefan will love. Though I have to say using Team Rocket, Aqua and Magma is probably a bad thing. Not only has it been attempted numerous times but using those teams is a little slack, wouldn't coming up with new ones be a lot better?

    The Alpha is quite good, not much available though. The use of many different colours in the text got a little annoying. The beginning also isn't what you'd usually expect so that's good. Theres a few bugs but if there weren't it wouldn't be an Alpha now would it? One thing that I didn't like though was how you get the PokeDex, who would just randomly give a PokeDex to someone for free?

    Story wise its decent. Celebi hacks are a bit of a turn off for me. As are grass Pokemon. But it seems very well written and I'm sure we can expect perfect grammar and spelling in-game.

    Mapping? Well, its ok. I remember when I first started Pokemon Genesis my mapping had similar faults. I'm sure he will improve. Don't get me wrong, compared to most of the other new hacks this has excellent mapping, its just I have come to expect a high standard when it comes to mapping. I suggest that you look at some mapping by Christos, Fanking Omega, Dark Lakitu and myself. I believe that is the style of mapping you are going for.

    Noooooooo!! Why did you use a rom base? Sorry I just have a thing against them. Some people might like seeing the same graphics over and over though. The new rom base you are using certainly fits your hack so I won't complain. I don't like how the Mart is the same size as the PC though...

    The scripts are good, perfect spelling is always a plus. Why have you not used the colour convention though? Its not too hard but a lot of people don't use it which gets frustrating. Its only 3 bytes! Female -> Red, Male -> Blue. There aren't any very advanced scripts yet but its early days yet. This hack definitely has potential.
    Article by dshayabusa




    Hack Review
    A review by the editor

    Pokemon Liquid Ocean [Link]
    Hack Author: Christos
    Reviewed By: dshayabusa
    Reviewer's Rating: 4.8/5
    Pokemon Liquid Ocean won HOTY back in 2007 and if you remember the old thread it truly deserved. Its gone through redevelopment, but the question is does it live up to its former self? The answer? It does so in spades!

    Let's start with the mapping. One word describes it: inspiring. When I first started hacking Liquid Ocean was what gave me inspiration for maps. I learnt to map simply by looking through Christos's maps. Overall the mapping is absolutely beautiful and very imaginative. Some places could use a little extra work but these are very few and far between. The only other complaint I have about the mapping is the flowers. A little too much IMO. Beautifully subtle palletes too.

    Scripting is solid, nothing too amazing but as long as it is consistent then I'll be happy. The mini-games look like where Christos will really be able to show off his talent and I can't wait to try them for myself. New things like the egg store, showcase his brilliant and innovative ideas. The NPCs are very interesting and always have something quirky to say.

    The tiles he's used are wonderful, as always sticking with the FR style. It seems however that he has given up some of the quality of tiles for originality which is a little disappointing.

    The story is where it falls short for me. Team Rocket has never really interested me, but I guess Christos's aim is to stick to the original Pokemon game guidelines. Thats not to say it isn't interesting, just not enough to make me hold my breath for every update on the story.

    The Alpha is nothing short of amazing and the play time is the perfect length. Very little bugs, and where bugs exist they are very minor. I could go on forever, but it would take me too long to talk about everything that makes this hack so good. Go check it out for yourself. Definitely my favourite hack.
    Article by dshayabusa




    Tips and Tricks
    A cool new trick that you may not have known about

    If you've ever tried using the special 0x17B (Seagallop animation) in FR/LG you'll know that it inexplicably always sends you to Vermillion City. Thats perfectly fine of course if that's where you wanted to end up, but what if you wanted to go somewhere else? Although you're choices are quite limited, it is possible to change it.

    The Seagallop is used only when travelling between the Sevii Islands and Vermillion City. Therefore the harbours of the Sevii Islands and Vermillion City are the only places you can go. That said you still get around 8 different places.

    So anyway, the way to change your destination is by changing the value of a variable. Which variable? Good 'ol 0x8006 of course! Now I haven't checked what the maximum number of values are, you'll have to try yourself, but starting from 1 for Sevii Island 1 to 7 for Sevii Island 7 should work. Vermillion City is 0. As I said I haven't really tested it completely, I've only used it once (the boat script for Pokemon Genesis). So in code form it will look like this:

    setvar 0x8006 0x[place where you want to go]
    special 0x17B

    But oh no! What if you want to travel back? Sure you just use the corresponding number but the animation shows that you are moving in the wrong direction! Well its quite simple to fix, all you need is another variable, variable 0x8004.

    setvar 0x8006 0x[place where you want to go]
    setvar 0x8004 0x[0 for right, 1 for left]
    special 0x17B

    So, thats how you do it! Next weeks tip will be somewhat of an addon to the above. Hope this helped some people!

    If you would like to donate a tip, please PM one of the editors; dshayabusa or KhaoKnight.
    Tip donated by dshayabusa



    New Tool
    An excellent new tool from the Toolbox

    Hello all in the hacking community this is Khaos here reporting on a new tool that just landed in the Toolbox. It is called the Nameless Tile Map Editor(apply dubbed NTME)by D-Trogh. Of course this isn't the final name, I personally find it catchy. I have found the opportunity to download this awesome looking piece of software, as the boards have been experiencing technical difficulty's lately ;). But as soon as I find the moment I will be sure to nab it, and you should too.

    This tool looks very nice for an Alpha release. It looks as though you can make title screens and edit world maps with this nifty program. The author stated that, Darthatron lent him the source code that this program was written from, so a big hand to Darthatron as well. Though was hasn't been stated is what GBA games that this is compatible with, but the picture in the thread(http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149454) there is the Rayquaza title screen for Emerald. So I expect it to be compatible with at least Emerald and most likely FireRed. Remember guys this is still an alpha and D-Trogh still needs testers.
    After reading about this I give this program a 7/10.
    This has been Khaos Reporting on the Tool scene. See ya Soon.
    Article by KhaosKnight




    Interview
    An in-depth chat with...
    Spoiler:
    This is the first week so we don't have an interview. If you would like to nominate someone to be interviewed make a post in this thread. The interviewee will be announced in the next issue. If you would like to be an interviewer please apply at our recruitment thread in the Team Discussions Forum. The interview will most likely occur via PC's irc channel, I've never used it so I don't know it we will be allowed, if not well... we'll figure something out.

    Interview by dshayabusa



    Closing Notes
    Some house keeping

    The editors hope that you enjoyed the first (of hopefully many more) Rom Hacker's Newsletter. If you are interested in helping out with this keep an eye out for a recruitment thread in the Team Discussions thread. We only want people who are experienced, mature and reliable. Please make comments and criticisms and suggest new sections for the newsletter. If you would like to donate a banner to us or some other graphics that would be greatly appreciated, too. Not much more to say, see you next week!
    Closing by KhaosKnight and dshayabusa
    CSS design by dshayabusa. Ask for permission if you want to use it!
    __________________
      #4    
    Old August 10th, 2008 (4:07 AM).
    D-Trogh's Avatar
    D-Trogh D-Trogh is offline
    Dead
       
      Join Date: Jul 2005
      Location: Belgium
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 438
      Hey.. how nice to see NTME is 'reviewed'.. :D
      For your information.. NTME works (or should..) for all tilemaps for the GBA games.
      That means.. not only Pokémon GBA games!
      __________________
      [NTME | WPEDS | HTPE | SGPE | TGPE | PDEDS]
        #5    
      Old August 10th, 2008 (5:47 AM).
      zel 2.0's Avatar
      zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
      Gold Remaker
         
        Join Date: Jun 2006
        Location: Argentina
        Age: 30
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 1,958
        Interesting, it was interesting to read (specially when people take this kind of things seriously it always makes me happy), hope to see more issues in the future.
        I wish you luck in finding reliable people so that you can, I dont know, perhaps add more sections. But to begin, we need to have a stable newsletter, let's concentrate on that first.

        About the whole issue, it was well written, which is a plus, considering that the articles werent too short. That made me not feel bored while reading them.
        It's also awesome the HotW had its own section, that'll help me to improve it even more ^o^

        By the way, the newsletter has a nice layout, very professional.

        That's all I had to comment. I hope you take it seriously and even though it will be hard, achieve to release a lot of more issues.
        __________________


          #6    
        Old August 10th, 2008 (7:54 AM).
        Shadows's Avatar
        Shadows Shadows is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Chicago, IL
          Age: 21
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 857
          This was fun to read
          I can't wait for the next one!
          __________________
            #7    
          Old August 10th, 2008 (7:55 AM).
          KhaosKnight's Avatar
          KhaosKnight KhaosKnight is offline
          The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
             
            Join Date: Dec 2007
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 355
            Hey Dshaya, i didnt know you posted this already, hahaha. Well i am glad i could make a contribution.
            __________________





              #8    
            Old August 10th, 2008 (8:06 AM). Edited August 10th, 2008 by +Sneasel™.
            +Sneasel™'s Avatar
            +Sneasel™ +Sneasel™ is offline
            It's a meeee, itman!
               
              Join Date: May 2007
              Location: None of your business!
              Age: 23
              Gender:
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 1,037
              Wow, this is great! Another ROM hacking news letter, finally. I hope you guys will keep this up! The articles were nice and long, I was interested in what you guys had to say. So, yea, this rocks. (Oh yea, you spelled Khaosnight's name wrong at the end of the Tips and Tricks section.)

              I do have 2 suggestions though :)

              1. Definetly rate some more hacks, like I know its the first issue and all, but this is just for next issue, I think maybe you should rate 3-4 hacks. The HOTW winner, a new hack in the Showcase (as Zel would say, maybe has to be less than 31 days old or something), and 2 hacks such as Liquid Ocean, you know, like older and stuff (not that old is bad XD its just my way of saying it). And maybe make the rating scale out of 10, not 5, but that's just a minor thing.

              2. I think you guys should split the articles fairly, dshayabusa did everything except the tool. But it's not really much of a big deal, since you're really good at reviewing hacks ^^

              So, keep this up, and it is a big job, so I hope you guys can stay with it!
              __________________
              Intentions that were pure have turned obscure,
              Seconds into hours, minutes into years.
              Don't ask me why,
              PLEASE DON'T CRY!
              I can't tell you lies...

              Don't click this!

              PPH - A great hacking forum
                #9    
              Old August 10th, 2008 (8:10 AM).
              Binary's Avatar
              Binary Binary is offline
              え?
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2007
                Age: 22
                Posts: 3,993
                This newsletter is great. It's very interesting to read something like this and you've made the layout very insteresting. It definitely looks like a great thing for all hackers. I hope there will be more to come.
                __________________
                  #10    
                Old August 10th, 2008 (10:04 AM).
                Tyrantrum's Avatar
                Tyrantrum Tyrantrum is offline
                ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2007
                Location: New Jersey
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 5,811
                That's a nice news letter you got there! :D
                __________________




                (x) Tumblr
                (y) Twitter
                Previously Eeveon
                  #11    
                Old August 10th, 2008 (11:19 AM).
                Luck's Avatar
                Luck Luck is offline
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2007
                  Posts: 6,771
                  This is a great idea.
                  The layout is nice, it seems tidy, and the reviews are very accurate.
                  But i was wondering if you are going to review hack of the month also?
                  but i found the article to be rather...short.
                  maybe you could add one or two more hack reviews to it so it will be better.
                  Other than those, the article seems pretty good and well thought out.
                    #12    
                  Old August 10th, 2008 (6:13 PM).
                  Antwhan's Avatar
                  Antwhan Antwhan is offline
                  setting up for the big beta
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2007
                    Location: Pizza Capital of the World
                    Age: 26
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 206
                    kept me interested and thoguht provoked, a nice way to help stay ontop of things, the summer rush always gets me lost in the bussle. anyway...

                    the scale for rating the hacks shud maybe be in solid numbers ala 1,2,3,4,5 if ur going to do it out of 5, which i prefer since on the 10 scale things get mucky in the nit picking.

                    and it would be something worht doing i think. I may even sign up if ur going to be committed to doing this.
                    __________________


                    Twin:Heatran




                    My hack, check it out:
                      #13    
                    Old August 10th, 2008 (11:19 PM).
                    /Circa's Avatar
                    /Circa /Circa is offline
                    a face in the clouds.
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2007
                      Location: Melbourne, Victoria
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 877
                      You forgot to add how everyone is now adding CSS in their threads...
                      Hopefully you can keep this running for more than a week
                      __________________
                      dragging himself, forw
                      ard again, the pain has
                      still not diminished. E
                      ventually though, he e
                      merges inside a v
                      ery large room w

                      here everything about

                      the house

                      suddenly

                      changes.
                        #14    
                      Old August 11th, 2008 (12:01 AM).
                      Thrace's Avatar
                      Thrace Thrace is offline
                      @tion
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2007
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,048
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by zel View Post
                      Interesting, it was interesting to read (specially when people take this kind of things seriously it always makes me happy), hope to see more issues in the future.
                      I wish you luck in finding reliable people so that you can, I dont know, perhaps add more sections. But to begin, we need to have a stable newsletter, let's concentrate on that first.

                      About the whole issue, it was well written, which is a plus, considering that the articles werent too short. That made me not feel bored while reading them.
                      It's also awesome the HotW had its own section, that'll help me to improve it even more ^o^

                      By the way, the newsletter has a nice layout, very professional.

                      That's all I had to comment. I hope you take it seriously and even though it will be hard, achieve to release a lot of more issues.
                      Thanks a lot! Yeah finding people who are reliable will be quite tough. I think I will wait a couple of weeks before creating a team thread. I can do everything myself right now, the whole thing (including the thread design) took only 2 hours.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by T View Post
                      This was fun to read :)
                      I can't wait for the next one!
                      Thanks!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KhaosKnight View Post
                      Hey Dshaya, i didnt know you posted this already, hahaha. Well i am glad i could make a contribution.
                      Aahh yeah sorry. I just wanted to make sure we had an issue out at a regular time every week.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
                      Wow, this is great! Another ROM hacking news letter, finally. I hope you guys will keep this up! The articles were nice and long, I was interested in what you guys had to say. So, yea, this rocks. (Oh yea, you spelled Khaosnight's name wrong at the end of the Tips and Tricks section.)

                      I do have 2 suggestions though :)

                      1. Definetly rate some more hacks, like I know its the first issue and all, but this is just for next issue, I think maybe you should rate 3-4 hacks. The HOTW winner, a new hack in the Showcase (as Zel would say, maybe has to be less than 31 days old or something), and 2 hacks such as Liquid Ocean, you know, like older and stuff (not that old is bad XD its just my way of saying it). And maybe make the rating scale out of 10, not 5, but that's just a minor thing.

                      2. I think you guys should split the articles fairly, dshayabusa did everything except the tool. But it's not really much of a big deal, since you're really good at reviewing hacks ^^

                      So, keep this up, and it is a big job, so I hope you guys can stay with it!
                      If we start doing more than 2 hacks a week, we'll probably run out of hacks we want to review. I only really want to review hacks that I like or I think have potential not just every hack that comes up in the showcase. I think i'll stick with 5 just because its my personal preference. And yes I will be reviewing older hacks as well, but probably only after something special like a beta release.

                      KhaosKnight was busy so I decided to do the majority of the work.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cε׀׀ View Post
                      This newsletter is great. It's very interesting to read something like this and you've made the layout very insteresting. It definitely looks like a great thing for all hackers. I hope there will be more to come.
                      Thanks, we will certainly try our best!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Wind~ View Post
                      That's a nice news letter you got there! :D
                      Thanks!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by makunouchi View Post
                      This is a great idea.
                      The layout is nice, it seems tidy, and the reviews are very accurate.
                      But i was wondering if you are going to review hack of the month also?
                      but i found the article to be rather...short.
                      maybe you could add one or two more hack reviews to it so it will be better.
                      Other than those, the article seems pretty good and well thought out.
                      Really? Short? I don't want to make the articles all that long though. We don't have a HOTM atm, but if its good enough for the PC staff chances are I'll already have reviewed it.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Antwhan View Post
                      kept me interested and thoguht provoked, a nice way to help stay ontop of things, the summer rush always gets me lost in the bussle. anyway...

                      the scale for rating the hacks shud maybe be in solid numbers ala 1,2,3,4,5 if ur going to do it out of 5, which i prefer since on the 10 scale things get mucky in the nit picking.

                      and it would be something worht doing i think. I may even sign up if ur going to be committed to doing this.
                      I don't want to have natural numbers because it makes it less accurate. For example, I would have had to give it a 5. As much as I like it I can't really say that its 100% perfect.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Visual View Post
                      You forgot to add how everyone is now adding CSS in their threads...
                      Hopefully you can keep this running for more than a week ;)
                      Hahaha yeah, might include that for the next issue! Thanks for the idea!
                      Yeah definitely. I'll make sure that at the very least there's a couple more issues.
                      __________________
                        #15    
                      Old August 11th, 2008 (12:52 AM). Edited August 11th, 2008 by Ninja Caterpie.
                      Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                      Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                      Sitting by the back window
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2008
                        Location: Best City OCE
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 5,945
                        Woot!

                        A newsletter?
                        Cool! It's...awesome...can't say anything...xDDD

                        I realised you put my name as one of the mappers to look at... :D I feel honoured...xDDDDD
                        __________________
                        Brony represent.
                          #16    
                        Old August 11th, 2008 (3:42 AM).
                        X-aveon's Avatar
                        X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                        IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2008
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Naive
                          Posts: 232
                          you should put in some stuff about xse, and tutorial updates.
                          and i think you should interview someone like cooley or ~Wind.
                          They're both great hackers in my opinion.
                          Hackmew's not here.
                          Maybe D-trogh.
                          He's always making useful tools, and you put an issue about him today.
                          So he's already in the spotlight.
                          This is coming out weekly, right?
                          __________________


                          I want that apple......
                            #17    
                          Old August 11th, 2008 (3:44 AM).
                          Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                          Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                          Sitting by the back window
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2008
                            Location: Best City OCE
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Bold
                            Posts: 5,945
                            Hohoho! Interview the elusive Coolboyman!

                            Oh, by the way, will new thingos come regulary? If so, every when?
                            __________________
                            Brony represent.
                              #18    
                            Old August 11th, 2008 (8:12 AM).
                            X-aveon's Avatar
                            X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                            IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2008
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Naive
                              Posts: 232
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Dark Lakitu View Post
                              Hohoho! Interview the elusive Coolboyman!

                              Oh, by the way, will new thingos come regulary? If so, every when?
                              my guess is every week. i think a month is too long too wait and will attract less viewers. but if they update every week, they'll get more viewers, but then they'll (peeps who made this) start getting it up late and forget to do their part so they'll probly need help. people want more and more if its weekly, but then the creators might get stressed and quit this. so i VOTE for it to be every two weeks. that way, its even, and the creators get their spare time.
                              __________________


                              I want that apple......
                                #19    
                              Old August 11th, 2008 (10:51 PM). Edited August 11th, 2008 by Blitzballer.
                              Blitzballer's Avatar
                              Blitzballer Blitzballer is offline
                              Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2007
                                Location: Whisperpine Woods
                                Age: 23
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 213
                                Yayyy! That was super professional. Haha.
                                I enjoyed reading the review of my hack (I feel much honor in being the first reviewee). Even if it was a little biased...HUMPH! Just Kidding! =) Although, I can almost guarantee I won't be changing a lot of the things you didn't like. I'll make a more in-depth story for the new neighbor later, so it won't seem as random. Although, the Pokedex was outdated! Haha. And don't worry, I like the ROM Base! ^__^;;

                                Anywho, the Format looks stunning, and I'm most certainly keeping a watchful eye on this! Although, it would be easier if you kept all the issues in one thread like the Hack of the Week thread (now, I'm reviewing you! Ha!). I'd love to be a writer if/when a recruitment thread pops up, or an interviewee (I could talk about teaching myself how to script [funny stories there...])!

                                {EDIT: Okay, COMPLETELY off-topic here, but I noticed that you're username has Hayabusa in it. That's the name of the Carpet-making place in Steambot Chronicles!!! Sorry, for that slight outburst. Tehe. =)}
                                  #20    
                                Old August 11th, 2008 (11:14 PM).
                                KhaosKnight's Avatar
                                KhaosKnight KhaosKnight is offline
                                The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2007
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 355
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Kawaii, Inc. View Post
                                  {EDIT: Okay, COMPLETELY off-topic here, but I noticed that you're username has Hayabusa in it. That's the name of the Carpet-making place in Steambot Chronicles!!! Sorry, for that slight outburst. Tehe. =)}
                                  Acually Dshayabusa comes from his real name and a character from Ninja Gaiden, Ryu. :D

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by dshayabusa View Post
                                  Actually its De-es-hay-a-bo-sa. Hayabusa is the last name of the character in Ninja Gaiden and DOA, Ryu. DS are the initials for my last name.
                                  __________________





                                    #21    
                                  Old August 12th, 2008 (1:44 AM).
                                  Thrace's Avatar
                                  Thrace Thrace is offline
                                  @tion
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2007
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 1,048
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by X-aveon View Post
                                  you should put in some stuff about xse, and tutorial updates.
                                  and i think you should interview someone like cooley or ~Wind.
                                  They're both great hackers in my opinion.
                                  Hackmew's not here.
                                  Maybe D-trogh.
                                  He's always making useful tools, and you put an issue about him today.
                                  So he's already in the spotlight.
                                  This is coming out weekly, right?
                                  Some stuff about XSE? AFAIK there haven't been any updates to XSE for quite a while. Since people don't want to vote on who they want to be interviewed I will decide. Next weeks interviewee is someone who has been hacking for a very very long time. Yup its definitely gonna be weekly.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Dark Lakitu View Post
                                  Hohoho! Interview the elusive Coolboyman!

                                  Oh, by the way, will new thingos come regulary? If so, every when?
                                  I would definitely like to interview Coolboyman, but probably when he releases a new beta of Prism. Every week.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by X-aveon View Post
                                  my guess is every week. i think a month is too long too wait and will attract less viewers. but if they update every week, they'll get more viewers, but then they'll (peeps who made this) start getting it up late and forget to do their part so they'll probly need help. people want more and more if its weekly, but then the creators might get stressed and quit this. so i VOTE for it to be every two weeks. that way, its even, and the creators get their spare time.
                                  Wow, you really made a lot of assumptions there. This is going to be every week.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Kawaii, Inc. View Post
                                  Yayyy! That was super professional. Haha.
                                  I enjoyed reading the review of my hack (I feel much honor in being the first reviewee). Even if it was a little biased...HUMPH! Just Kidding! =) Although, I can almost guarantee I won't be changing a lot of the things you didn't like. I'll make a more in-depth story for the new neighbor later, so it won't seem as random. Although, the Pokedex was outdated! Haha. And don't worry, I like the ROM Base! ^__^;;

                                  Anywho, the Format looks stunning, and I'm most certainly keeping a watchful eye on this! Although, it would be easier if you kept all the issues in one thread like the Hack of the Week thread (now, I'm reviewing you! Ha!). I'd love to be a writer if/when a recruitment thread pops up, or an interviewee (I could talk about teaching myself how to script [funny stories there...])!

                                  {EDIT: Okay, COMPLETELY off-topic here, but I noticed that you're username has Hayabusa in it. That's the name of the Carpet-making place in Steambot Chronicles!!! Sorry, for that slight outburst. Tehe. =)}
                                  I'm happy to hear you aren't going to change your ideas just because I didn't like them. More hackers should just do what they believe instead of making a hack so people will like it.

                                  You seem like you would be quite a good reviewer... My only concern is that (forgive me if I'm wrong) you haven't been hacking for very long. I'm still a little undecided. For the next issue I've got a bunch of ideas so I won't need another interviewer. Excellent idea about having them in the same thread. I don't want to clutter the Rom Hacking section with my newsletter. Carpet making place? XD

                                  So the next issue is coming sooner than usual, my school ball is on Saturday so I won't be able to release it on Sunday. :P
                                  Therefore issue 2 will be coming on Friday!!!!
                                  This does mean that there is no HOTW review (there will be two HOTW reviews the following week) but there will be 3 reviews to make up for it.
                                  I've picked my interviewee and I'm sure that this person will be very interesting to talk to. The interview is going to be held via MSN so unless people really want to have it live I won't be using the IRC channel.

                                  Hmm... what else? The next release will be here. I will ask a mod to change the name of the thread. Unless its possible to do so yourself (anyone know how?). So in summary... check back next Friday, don't vote for interviewees and keep the C&C coming!
                                  __________________
                                    #22    
                                  Old August 12th, 2008 (2:47 AM).
                                  liuyanghejerry's Avatar
                                  liuyanghejerry liuyanghejerry is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                                    Location: China,Xi'an
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 219
                                    haha,this is really interesting.Maybe sometime, we'll have our real newspaper on the street,and hawking: Do you hack this week?

                                    Keep doing ~~
                                    __________________
                                    Zel,thethethethe,LU-HO,Darthatron,HackMew,ZodiacDaGreat,Juan,score_under,JPAN,Tamah-chan,I really appreciate your kindness and your help!:D
                                      #23    
                                    Old August 12th, 2008 (3:20 AM).
                                    Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                                    Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                                    Sitting by the back window
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2008
                                      Location: Best City OCE
                                      Age: 21
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 5,945
                                      Quote:
                                      Next weeks interviewee is someone who has been hacking for a very very long time. Yup its definitely gonna be weekly.
                                      Oooh! Oooh! I know! I know! Is it Jagold Time? Or is it...Baro? Or...uh...Christos? Yourself? xD Interviewing yourself...that would be epic.

                                      Weekly huh? That's good...no HOTW review? Darn...mine won't get a review till next week(Or will it?)

                                      Yeah, that means I'm sorta guessing it'll be my hack (so far 3 votes to me(Time, Megiddo and X-Aveon) 1 to everything else!)

                                      Hmm...For the week after that, can I suggest interviewing Time or Baro if you didn't do them next week?
                                      __________________
                                      Brony represent.
                                        #24    
                                      Old August 12th, 2008 (9:19 AM).
                                      X-aveon's Avatar
                                      X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                                      IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2008
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Naive
                                        Posts: 232
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Dark Lakitu View Post
                                        Oooh! Oooh! I know! I know! Is it Jagold Time? Or is it...Baro? Or...uh...Christos? Yourself? xD Interviewing yourself...that would be epic.

                                        Weekly huh? That's good...no HOTW review? Darn...mine won't get a review till next week(Or will it?)

                                        Yeah, that means I'm sorta guessing it'll be my hack (so far 3 votes to me(Time, Megiddo and X-Aveon) 1 to everything else!)

                                        Hmm...For the week after that, can I suggest interviewing Time or Baro if you didn't do them next week?
                                        it would be funny if he interviewed himself, but i don't care who he interviews. I just like to read it. The first one was good. Why cant the second one be?
                                        __________________


                                        I want that apple......
                                          #25    
                                        Old August 12th, 2008 (1:32 PM).
                                        Melash's Avatar
                                        Melash Melash is offline
                                        Back for now.
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2008
                                          Location: Idaho
                                          Age: 23
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Relaxed
                                          Posts: 425
                                          Wow...this is...awesome! Keep it up!
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:29 PM.