• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon YellowStorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Pokemon YellowStorm (Beta 1 now released!)

It's Yellow...with a twist!

yellowstormbannermincha.png

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed (U) 1.0
-----------------------------------------

Most of you don't know me, as I am new to hacking. Basically I'm an avid fan of yellow who thought that it too deserved a remake. A simple remake would not be enough though. The result? Pokemon YellowStorm.

For the most part, it will be a Yellow remake. And by most part I mean like 90%. The only difference will be a little dialogue, kameo appearances, all kanto pokemon available, third generation mechanics, etc.

Things Done
------------------
-Ether is available in pokemarts.
-Updated dialogue.
-Pikachu cannot evolve into Raichu.
-Pallet Town looks a little more like Yellow's, in the sense that it is surrounded by a fence, not bushes.
-Some Jessie/James events.

Things to Do:
-Make heroine sprite have Pikachu on her back.
-Fix some Team Rocket events.
-Insert LeafGreen only wild pokemon so that its possible to catch all pokemon.
-Insert a Mew event.
-Change the battle Pikachu sprite to make it look more like the original yellow one.
-Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle events.
-Remap some areas.
-Make a move tutor be in Fuschia City and let him teach you surf (replaces the Stadium 1 event and minigame thing).
-Possibly insert yellow revamp sprites of all 151 pokemon? (might need help with this!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Media
Here are a few screenshots. Note that some of the hero's sprite are still the default male, but will soon be of Ash. I just need to take some time and make them.

Spoiler:

I will add some more soon.

-------------------------------------
Downloads
Beta 2.0 will be available in June sometime. It is a complete overhaul of the current Beta. You will find gym leaders/elite four/etc being the difficulty they were in Yellow or so.

Known Issues
-Make sure you have at least 2 pokemon when you are in double battles.
-You change into the surfing sprite a lot of points in the game.
-This game is meant for you to play as the male hero, as the female sprite is having flickering issues. I suggest you just play as Ash. I'll try to fix this though.
-The clouds in Cerulean go through the grass and such.
-Your rival in cerulean has an Eevee with sleep powder.
------------------------------------
Support
If you want to support YellowStorm and its cause, you can put these in your signature, on your website, etc. Credits to quisestquilava_1 and minchan.

ubd8962.png

The HTML Code is:

[URL*=*"http://www*.pokecommunity*.com/showthread*.php?t=173386"]
ubd8962.png
[/URL]

PokemonYellostorm.png

just remove the asterisks.

Help
I REALLY need help scripting and mapping. I would like to retile the game completely, but I need a decent tileset inserted. I would also like to compose remixes and insert those. So if you are a good scripter, mapper, etc, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to do so. I'd like to have a FAQs section. Thanks.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
OKay well the Pikachu sprite on Ash's back looks awful...... but anyways don't get downhearted and good luck.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I've heard the idea. And I myself thought of doing it but it's the part where Ash puts Pikachu on the PC and before he receives Pikachu..... then there is problems.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I've heard the idea. And I myself thought of doing it but it's the part where Ash puts Pikachu on the PC and before he receives Pikachu..... then there is problems.

Good point. Ray Maverick is convinced he has a working follow script, Although it seems very unlikely, you could ask him if he would allow you to use it granted he gets credit.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Good point. Ray Maverick is convinced he has a working follow script, Although it seems very unlikely, you could ask him if he would allow you to use it granted he gets credit.

Screw this script.I don't know how to do it.If the diamond scripting lanquage was the same as FR,i would do it without any problem.

It seems good hack,i'm sure you'll finish it.
But there's a question:
Why do you need scripters?The remake is almost the same with the FR/LF.
All you need to change is the text.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Screw this script.I don't know how to do it.If the diamond scripting lanquage was the same as FR,i would do it without any problem.

But there's a question:

As stated in the original post, this is not a 100% remake, it will have new plots and events, thus needs new scripting.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

But there's a question:
Ray, have you ever played Yellow? They added alot, due to the fact that it was loosly based off of the anime.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Looks good. Good luck with it!
The Ash overworld needs work though, the pikachu part of it.

I was thinking, and maybe for the pikachu script---well, to start, the hero/heroine would have two different sprites in the OWs--maybe the beginning of the game, before you actually get your first pkmn, there could be level/map scripts used on those beginning maps that would show your overworld as just the hero, if the flag of getting the Pikachu isn't activated, and once it is, show the default overworld, with the pikachu in back. It still wouldn't solve the PC problem, but maybe the PC could have something like it with an overworld change implemented. idk atm, it's complicated.
The best choice would probably just to do it with asm(if you know it, I don't btw) or something, instead of using fake substitutes.

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Thanks for the comments guys. Anyone wanting to test it out will get an email in the next couple of weeks.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
The idea has been done before, and it comes with it's problems. The main one being: Before you even have your Pikachu, it's on your back. And you can release the Pikachu in the box system.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The idea has been done before, and it comes with it's problems. The main one being: Before you even have your Pikachu, it's on your back. And you can release the Pikachu in the box system.
Solution:
1. Make an ips file that you use before you get Pikachu.
2. Once the player gets Pikachu, the must download the second patch which includes Ash on Pikachu.
and for the second:
Take away PCs, not the best solution, but in the anime, there were no boxes.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
You know you can expand overworlds right.... So you could make a pikachu follow in a full overworld expanded

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Todoroki said:
Ray, have you ever played Yellow? They added alot, due to the fact that it was loosly based off of the anime.

They've not added a lot,and i said 'almost'.

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
why not make a bad with a pikachu head on it sticking out. pika is in your bag. also hello to the all mighty Todoroki. and no it's not you Todoroki. it's Todoroki.

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
That's a possibility. Perhaps the main goal of this hack is to incorporate pikachu into the hero's sprites. After all, that IS what yellow is all about.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Idk if it has been fixed already but for the double battle thing why don't you just add a checkpokemon and if they have 1 pkmn do a 1v1 battle, if you have 2 pkmn do a 2v2 match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back