• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Copper

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Pokémon Copper Version

Info:
Hi, My names Varion, I've been here a while, and was working on a hack which I soon gave up on, I looked and thought it was ... meh.
Now this hack, Pokémon Copper Version, is a gba hack, yes. But it will be using GSC graphics. I would use a Gold or Silver ROM, but I'm
not to fond on hacking them, and not that great in the knowledge of doing so, but this hack, will contain, by the last release, All 8 Bit sounds, as
much as I can do using the knowledge I have in FR/LG's Soundfonts (I have a lot of knowledge), All GSC Graphics, including tiles overworlds, battle sprites, maps
textboxes, text, the lot. The tiles will have custom palletes, but still close to GSC's tiles. If that makes any sense...

Story:
The Kaljo region is north of Johto, and Kanto, and is very modern, many electronics, and cars, they like to think high of themselves where as Kanto and Johto prefer simpler things in life. The Mayor of Kaljo is one, Alex , who has helped the past year in advancing Kaljo's technology, at first people believed he was shady, but now, he doesn't seem to bad.
There are those who do not trust him, as rumours scower the region of a Metallic monster being made in his building in Sentrel City.

Meanwhile in Mimiga Town, a young trainer is summoned by his local professor to help with a task, to help a friend in Akla Cavern with some research, being given a Pokémon he heads out to begin his journey, them and the friend discover two shady folk collecting metal and they both tell them to leave in refusal the player defeats both men, and they retreat, having taken the metal ores. The friend says there is nothing more to do, since they stole his main ieda for research you head back to Mimiga Town and find Professor Oak with Professor Yeal. He spots you and asks a favour, which is for you to collect data for his new Pokédex project, kindly you accept, in which you are given a Pokédex and five Pokeballs, he says he must leave for his TV programming in Silversword City and leaves.
Professor Yeal recived a phone call form her friend and heard about how good you fought off the shady men, she reccomends the Gym Challenge of Kaljo, Eight gyms are dotted around the Region for trainers to attempt to defeat, in order to gain access to Scarlet Hills, home to the Pokémon League.

Features:

~ Total GSC Graphics; From the highest mountain, to the smallest flower, every graphic in this game will eventually be from GSC.
~Including Music; When I get round to it, using the GSC instrumetns in Fire Red, all music will be GSC.
~ Over 251 Pokémon to catch; Over 251 pokemon will be equally and fairly placed around the region, giving the best possible teams to be made by you.

Screens:
battle_by_nintendork15-d6mzn5a.png
elements_by_nintendork15-d6mzn56.png
evil_by_nintendork15-d6mzn51.png

go_by_nintendork15-d6mzn4z.png
home_by_nintendork15-d6mzn4w.png
pick_by_nintendork15-d6mzn4s.png

route_2_by_nintendork15-d6mzn4j.png
route_by_nintendork15-d6mzn4a.png
town_by_nintendork15-d6mzn43.png

Progress of next release:
Maps 50%
Scripts 12%
Tiles: 32%
Sprites 5%
Planning: 95%

Downloads:
None yet.

Credits:
Dudebot_jones; various insertions of graphics
Mr_SKipper; GRaphics Ripping
Various owners; of tools I've used.

Last edited:

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Wow, no comment?! First post yay!
I like how you used GSC graphic for this hack, it's creative. ;)
Best of luck with this hack, don't abandon it!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Looking good indeed!

Though I've got to admit that I wouldn't be saying that if this was a G/S/C hack what you wanted to do instead. Because this gives the feeling like... it could be a game of missing generation 2.5 or something.

But hey, keep it up. Impossible to say anything about the gameplay, but I like the graphical appearance of this.

Years
Hi, my name is OPSdoesLPS, or SacredFireNegro on Youtube, but I do Pokemon Rom Hack Let's Plays and starting to do Pokemon Rom Hack Showcases and I was going around the forums looking for new and upcoming rom hacks and I saw this rom hack and after reading each little thing about the rom hack, I would like to be apart of any BETA test teams, or any news updates because there's A LOT of rom hacks and I can't stay up to date on them all.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Whoa, the battle screen. Fr graphics!
This is so cool, I'll be waiting for more updates.
Finally, something new to see, or maybe not?
Good luck with this.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Wow, no comment?! First post yay!
I like how you used GSC graphic for this hack, it's creative. ;)
Best of luck with this hack, don't abandon it!

I won't. and thanks.

Looks great :D Totally gonna play it when its finished :D

Yay! Thanks !!

Looking good indeed!

Though I've got to admit that I wouldn't be saying that if this was a G/S/C hack what you wanted to do instead. Because this gives the feeling like... it could be a game of missing generation 2.5 or something.

But hey, keep it up. Impossible to say anything about the gameplay, but I like the graphical appearance of this.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. But like I said, a GSC hack was a possibility, if I had the knowledge.

I think your idea of putting GSC graphics into FR is awesome! I can't wait to play this game ^^

Thanks.

I love the idea of putting gsc graphics into a FR game.
I don't even like gsc hacks or graphics, Somehow i'm looking forward to this O.o
Good work :P

Heh, Thanks :3

Hi, my name is OPSdoesLPS, or SacredFireNegro on Youtube, but I do Pokemon Rom Hack Let's Plays and starting to do Pokemon Rom Hack Showcases and I was going around the forums looking for new and upcoming rom hacks and I saw this rom hack and after reading each little thing about the rom hack, I would like to be apart of any BETA test teams, or any news updates because there's A LOT of rom hacks and I can't stay up to date on them all.

I do not need BT's right now, but if you stick around for a looong... time, I may need some.

I love the idea! It looks amazing, keep it up.

Thaaanks!

Whoa, the battle screen. Fr graphics!
This is so cool, I'll be waiting for more updates.
Finally, something new to see, or maybe not?
Good luck with this.

The Battle screens graphics which are still FR, are to be changed. I've jsut got to get around to doing so. the shots were showing the sprites.

================================

Right now, I've not had a chance to do much on the hack, I was hoping to have an update before rpelying, but I've enrolled in Uni, so weekdays are hectic, and weekends are my only time at peace.
But, I have slowly been inserting sprites, so far I've gone from 0 - 32 Nidoran (M)
and I'm considering changing how to get starter, instead of Pokéballs, you'll be taken to the Prof's garden, where the newly caught Pokémon play, you choose one, and gte sent back ot the lab, and sent off to do the jobs required.

Thoughts, on anything I've said? Any ideas i should add to this hack, I'm opne for anything.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
hey, don't stress about being in a Uni, the work with crush your spirit, but you'll get through it lol. And I don't mind if it's slowly coming together, I have my school work to do as well, so keep at it:15:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. But like I said, a GSC hack was a possibility, if I had the knowledge.
If you still feel like gathering knowledge about how Gameboy and gen II games work, you could start off by watching my video tutorials in youtube. They cover loads of stuff. Link in my signature.

Though it's true that hacking a Gameboy game is slightly more difficult than working with a game made for GBA. The systems are totally different, and GBA base offers a lot more possibilities than GB does.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
I love this! I like how you decided to use GSC styled graphics instead of the default, or using other custom tiles.

Keep it up!

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
wow this is a very interesting idea!
I really want to see how it's going to be xD

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
hey, don't stress about being in a Uni, the work with crush your spirit, but you'll get through it lol. And I don't mind if it's slowly coming together, I have my school work to do as well, so keep at it:15:

The work will crush my spirit? D: Nuuu!
Anyways, I shan't stoop too low and run off with out good warning.

If you still feel like gathering knowledge about how Gameboy and gen II games work, you could start off by watching my video tutorials in youtube. They cover loads of stuff. Link in my signature.

Though it's true that hacking a Gameboy game is slightly more difficult than working with a game made for GBA. The systems are totally different, and GBA base offers a lot more possibilities than GB does.

I've looked at the tutorials, before mentioned. Seems a challenge, but worth doing when done. I will try one day.

I love this! I like how you decided to use GSC styled graphics instead of the default, or using other custom tiles.

Keep it up!

wow this is a very interesting idea!
I really want to see how it's going to be xD

Thanks ;D

===============
Update:

New City:
Spoiler:

I've been playing lot of Golden Sun Lost Age recently, I've reached the town of Garoh(?) it has all sorts of underground tunnels connecting the houses and shops.

That's what I'm doing with this town. Each house is connected via underground mines, of course a certain path is required to reach the gym, as you can see it's blocked off from the rest of town.

Map © Varion(me)
Tiles/GRaphics © Nintendo/Gamefreak

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
Is a good idea being inspired by anothers rpgs! I'm just afraid because I think everybody hates cave son pokemon.. at least me hahah
You are palling top put more houses there or they are in caves?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Is a good idea being inspired by anothers rpgs! I'm just afraid because I think everybody hates cave son pokemon.. at least me hahah
You are palling top put more houses there or they are in caves?

There will be no cave pokemon in the underground housing areas.
Only in such places like the abandoned mines and actual cave dungeons.
Also, There are more houses underground than you can see above ground.

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
oh nice heheh I think I`m so much trapped on the "pokemon cliche" yet XD well I'm still getting used to the hack logic xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Whoa, I love the old-school graphics. It reminds me of a project a few years ago where somebody changed all the graphics in Fire Red to the original grayscale graphics of Red Version. I'm definitely interested in playing this once a playable version is released.

Back