• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Dark Crystal Version (BETA 1.0 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024

Introduction/Story

In Hairo region, people and Pokémon live together in harmony. In times of camaraderie, they develop love and care. In times of battles, they develop confidence and strength. In times of crisis, they develop choices and solutions. All of these strengthens bonds. There are mysteries yet to be uncovered so, explore the great Hairo Region as you faces challenges that comes in your way in...

XWs39HQ.png

On the present day, the professor have finally returned on Hairo from her visit on different regions. Upon arrival, she reminds a memory of her and three young children who were best friends and very potential to their dreams take a journey to become a great Trainers. The professor goes on Sketchy Town to visit the three children who are now grown-ups to give a task to complete a certain research, to challenge the Hairo League, and to achieve their dreams and goals as they take their journey.

Catch, train, and battle your Pokémon as you step forward to be a Pokémon League Champion. Battle your Rivals, the greatest Gym Leaders, the intensive Elite Fours, and some special Trainers as you make companionship and camaraderie with them. Defeat, learn the goals, and seek truths from the villanous group called Team Enigma as they act terrorism and world domination to rule Hairo and the world. Seek, battle, and catch the great and powerful ancient, mythical Legendary Pokémon gathered in Hairo. Battle the decisive Frontier Brains as you step in an extensive battleground called Battle Frontier. Cross many paths as you make your own journey to become the greatest and awesome Pokémon Trainer ever.

Awards

Features

• New Pokémon: 721 Pokémon as of Generation VI are added in the game with their respective forms, formes, and Mega Evolutions. Data updates such as moves list, stats, etc. across Generations are present. In the start, you will get to play a mixed list of 251 Pokémon.
  • New Moves: Some Moves as of Generation VI are added in the game such as Flare Blitz and Moon Blast. I also made some custom moves like you have never seen commonly in the real world of Pokémon. Move updates across Generations are present as well such as Crunch now decreases Defense.
  • New Abilities: Some Abilities as of Generation VI are added in the game such as Motor Drive and Mold Breaker. Ability updates across Generations are present as well such as Sturdy now leaving 1HP if hit by any full knock-out.
  • Fairy Type: The addition of the Fairy Type is in the game.
  • Physical/Special/Status Split: The Physical, Special, and Status split for moves is also in the game. Oh, yes! It also features an icon preview which you will also know which moves are Physical, Special, or Status.
  • New Repel System: Like in Black 2 and White 2, when your Repel's effect wares off, it automatically asks if you want to use another Repel without getting another Repel from the Bag again to use one.
  • Poison Survival Style: Nobody faints from Poison status anymore. Like DPPt and HGSS, it leaves 1HP and the Poison status fades away.
  • Infinite TMs: Using TMs are now infinite. It doesn't break after use. That means you can learn TMs as many times as you like.
  • Capture-Experience Gain System: You will also be rewarded Experience Points when you caught a Pokémon.
  • Rearranged Music: Of course, I planned to edit the music as well. My favorite themes from HGSS/BW/B2W2 are rearranged accoring to GBA voicegroups.
  • Missions: You can have missions in game in order to obtain rare items, unlock further events and catch uncommon Pokemon.
  • Easter Eggs: Seek out hidden events as you catch more uncommon Pokemon.

Screenshots

9N7tI7E.png
msbMzgh.png
IXVA3Py.png

HnVZ6O9.gif
tW0W8BD.gif
tD9ny7q.png

ugRRoMP.png
tlacH40.png
KIlCClG.png

m2us7Cs.png
t9MtOEh.png
MNiGqHI.png

ZiZeTYr.png
3Gn0Ibf.png
85DFbRx.png

FmWYnRR.png
p6ZRoKf.png
XEEqaHI.gif

Questions and Answers

Q: Why is the region named "Hairo"?
A: If light is white, and dark is black, I minded up in-between so I chose gray. The Japanese of gray (color) is Hairo. Well, Gure is the first answer that came out. So, I just made it up Hairo. That is why I named the place as Hairo region.

Q: Is it possible to have all 721 in the game?
A: Yes. That's one reason I have applied missions and some mystery stuff like easter eggs. I was once replacing to those I don't need. I got bored on replacing so, I tested expansions several times. Until then, I got it completely working on me so, I minded up all the 721 Pokemon to be in the game.

Q: Will Mega Evolutions be present in game?
A: Yes. However, the implementation project is only for FireRed for this time. Once it is finally available for Emerald, I will be using it to have the feature to play Mega Evolutions. At meantime, during my progress, I guess you guys all know where the first BETA will end.

Q: Why is the game called Dark Crystal? And, why Black Kyurem is the mascot?
A: As always, dark is black and light is white. Then, crystal is a relative word of ice (as you can describe ice, they are just like crystals, right?). Since Kyurem is also an Ice-type Pokemon and Kyurem has his Black and White Formes, I have combined words to make Dark Crystal and Light Crystal. And, this is the reason why Black Kyurem is the mascot.

Q: Will there be a Light Crystal with this?
A: Yes. I planned to. The only difference between Dark and Light will be the each of the "paired" Pokemon encounter priority (e.g. Murkrow and Misdreavus, Sableye and Mawile. If you don't know what I mean: example: In Dark, Murkrow is in THIS FOREST and Misdreavus is in THIS CAVE, then in Light, Misdreavus is in THIS FOREST and Murkrow is in THIS CAVE.), and you will be encountering White Kyurem in Light. Once I'm done with the Dark, I will be doing the Light.

Q: Why not the Generation V system of Poison in overworld which do not drop HP while walking?
A: Removing the Poison system in overworld sounds ridiculous to me. I found it to be illogical as it compares to the real life. I know how to do it but I instead applied the Generation IV system. It is because, in the real life, while walking in poison, what do you feel? Of course, your life drains from poison until it is either you survive or die from it.

Credits

Bugs/Glitches/Errors

• Some Gen IV and above Pokémon cannot learn any TMs and HMs.
  • Signboards inside Mountburg Library doesn't say anything specific.
  • There are some Abilities that aren't implemented yet. Otherwise, they will just do nothing. Rivalry, Sand Force, and Sand Rush are the mentioned abilities.

Downloads

• Dark Crystal BETA 1.0
    Release date: October 29, 2015
    Notes: BETA 1.0 ends at the three "Team Enigma" grunts blocking your path in the area after a wooden bridge inside Crystallus Grotto. One badge is obtainable. Please read the included README.txt file for information on important things to note, incomplete things, as well as information regarding the new Pokémon, moves, and much more.

Messages from the Creator

Pokecommunity.com and PokemonHackersOnline.com are the ONLY SITES SHOWING THE MAIN INFORMATION of this game (I never planned to make an independent site about this game but sometime, I may plan to do so). You are free to MAKE VIDEOS and WALKTHROUGHS about this game (I'm just proud that someone can able to do these stuff). Never upload the actual ROM in any downloading sites to avoid copywriting.

If you have a copy of this, DON'T SELL THIS GAME. If you have bought this, return it back immediately and take back your money because you have been theft. If cannot, we will try to get your money back. Just download the patch in the Internet, patch your game, and play it on emulators and hardwares. I have given this game to be FREE so, do not sell.

Have you noticed that I've mention "which I personally ported it to Emerald" several times in credits? Another motivation for this hack is to show stuff which are possible only for FireRed implemented into Emerald. There are already implementations around like the Catch-Experience style and I decided to use those in the hack to show Emerald is dealing more than FireRed. I'm having a busy time dealing with Pre-Battle Mugshots and B2W2 Repel style (I will soon handle these) and it has been always an extreme challenge for me to learn ASM nowadays.

For those who are playing, enjoying and loving this game, thanks for playing! I will appreciate any feedbacks and comments given by a lot of people around. I will be accepting SUPPORT BANNERS as well if you are talented to make one for this game. That's all and have fun!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
Awesome looking hack! Keep up the excellent work!

That said, the grammar in some of your screenshots is kinda off. I'd be more than happy to help you work on that, though.

Last edited:
Years
The fact that you were able to apply all of these features into Emerald is simply amazing. You seem to have come out of the blue in the hacking scene (by this I mean that I haven't seen you release anything in the past) and I appreciate you polishing up your techniques before you presented this hack. If you haven't done so already, then I hope that you have found time to document all of your methods/work/discoveries in the porting to emerald process. You have almost every core updated feature of the 6th generation games on the GBA (that damn mega-evolution seems to trump everyone lol.) But seriously, I always knew that Emerald had more potential than Fire Red, and the fact that someone like you was able to harness that potential is quite inspiring. I also must say that the last screenshot with the Smeargle mission is an incredible feature, and the Vespiquen using attack order is a perfect animation.

I am also sensing that English might not be your primary language. I understand both English and Spanish, so if by chance Spanish is your native language then I might be able to help you out ;) .

I am so excited for this, so I'll be watching this hack and your progress like a hawk. Keep up the good work!

-BLACKOUT

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Looks very promising!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
This looks amazing. I especially love how the R/S/E tiles, FR/LG tiles and other custom tiles are being blended together here, it is a neat gamefreak style look. The mission feature is very interesting too, especially how the mission briefing is looking in game. The story is nice and interesting too. I am definitely keep an eye on this.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
My hype is over 9000 right now. Emerald hacks are my favorite and this looks like it's gonna be amazing.

Last edited:

Link4799

Gage Linkous
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
This hack looks epic! With so much content you're making game freak look weak ;) xD I can't wait to play it, and th screenshots look awesome! Great battle backgrounds too btw.

Years
this is soooo going to be bookmarked! I will be checking every day for a release!!! Keep up the amazing work you are doing!!!

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
OOOOOOHHHH JESUS
The stuff you've shown off in the OP looks morthan promising. I'll be sure to check on this every now and then. You've caught my interest!

alexclemens13

ReaperX
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 11, 2015
Great work! I looking forward to play this hack version. Also if possible, will you guys improve the graphic of this? I really like the graphics of Life and Giratina Legend and i hope this will apply in your hack version too.

And can you post the progression percentage of this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
This hack looks so awesome, I can't wait until a release comes out! I love 721 Pokemon hacks but haven't actually found a non-buggy one yet

Years
Well absolutely fantastic new hack displayed!!!!! The screenies looks amazing !!!!
Emerald hacks are always awesome,but this one look really cool!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back