• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Dark Crystal Version (BETA 1.0 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Wow! This looks really nice! I love the tiles you're using.
I look forward to seeing how this develops!

A few things:
cZWHiLA.png

It should say: "Let's see who's stronger of the two of us! ..."
It's a bit awkward anyway so maybe you could reword it? Something like "Let's see which of us is stronger!"

6sdpH7u.png

Should say: "So be it!" The comma is unnecessary.

:)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
This sounds like a great hack, with the screenshots of the game and awesome backstory
Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Looks very promising!
My hype is over 9000 right now. Emerald hacks are my favorite and this looks like it's gonna be amazing.
this is soooo going to be bookmarked! I will be checking every day for a release!!! Keep up the amazing work you are doing!!!
OOOOOOHHHH JESUS
The stuff you've shown off in the OP looks morthan promising. I'll be sure to check on this every now and then. You've caught my interest!
this looks really awesome! finish it quickly plsss!!
I can't wait to play this, omg so excited :x
This is looking damn fine. Looking forward to it!
Dang, this looks amazing.
Well, this hacks looks amazing, and very promising.

Keep the good job!
Those screenies look awesome! I'm definitely gonna lurk the heck out of this thread! :-D
Wow! 721 pokemon and 621moves really surprised me

Thanks guys! Thanks for the support! :D

Awesome looking hack! Keep up the excellent work!

That said, the grammar in some of your screenshots is kinda off. I'd be more than happy to help you work on that, though.

Thanks! I'll look into my grammatical errors. I just dunno how to use words well since I'm not fond of reading books at all. But, I will begin to read some to boost my grammar skills.

The fact that you were able to apply all of these features into Emerald is simply amazing. You seem to have come out of the blue in the hacking scene (by this I mean that I haven't seen you release anything in the past) and I appreciate you polishing up your techniques before you presented this hack. If you haven't done so already, then I hope that you have found time to document all of your methods/work/discoveries in the porting to emerald process. You have almost every core updated feature of the 6th generation games on the GBA (that damn mega-evolution seems to trump everyone lol.) But seriously, I always knew that Emerald had more potential than Fire Red, and the fact that someone like you was able to harness that potential is quite inspiring. I also must say that the last screenshot with the Smeargle mission is an incredible feature, and the Vespiquen using attack order is a perfect animation.

I am also sensing that English might not be your primary language. I understand both English and Spanish, so if by chance Spanish is your native language then I might be able to help you out ;) .

I am so excited for this, so I'll be watching this hack and your progress like a hawk. Keep up the good work!

-BLACKOUT

Thanks! Yes, you're right. I'm not primarily English. I'm not Spanish either. Feel free to guess what am I. Haha!

You hack looks really promising, don't give up

And that post should help you I believe : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8724074&postcount=107

Thanks! I'll never give up on it! I have seen that before but I can't get anything if it updates at all. Once I have looked into that this time, I will be using it (and credit the owner).

Lol adamant gardevoir.

You're hack looks nice, I'll keep checking back for updates.

Thanks! Haha! I'm just messing up with encrypted data in save files. What it got? Tada! A female adamant Gardevoir! LOL

This looks amazing. I especially love how the R/S/E tiles, FR/LG tiles and other custom tiles are being blended together here, it is a neat gamefreak style look. The mission feature is very interesting too, especially how the mission briefing is looking in game. The story is nice and interesting too. I am definitely keep an eye on this.

Thanks! I'd rather just keep the original tiles and yeah, I'd plan blending stuff since they are some so beautiful. I also make custom tiles.

This hack looks epic! With so much content you're making game freak look weak ;) xD I can't wait to play it, and th screenshots look awesome! Great battle backgrounds too btw.

Thanks! That was unexpected. I've never expecting that I will make GameFreak so weak. Haha! Thanks for noticing the battle backgrounds!

Great work! I looking forward to play this hack version. Also if possible, will you guys improve the graphic of this? I really like the graphics of Life and Giratina Legend and i hope this will apply in your hack version too.

And can you post the progression percentage of this?

Thanks! I'd rather stick with the RSE tileset. Not because using DS tiles look awesome but they might a little bit ugly but because... let's just say to keep the clean RPG feel (if you know what I mean LOL). Hmm... the percentage isn't necessary for me. But, from what I have imagined, the beta progress is somewhat 60% while the complete game progress is 0.6%. I have a very, very long way to go unfortunately.

Just signed after i see this romhack can't wait to play this!!!

Thanks! And, welcome to the forums yow!

This hack looks so awesome, I can't wait until a release comes out! I love 721 Pokemon hacks but haven't actually found a non-buggy one yet

Thanks! I will ensure that my 721 hack be a non-buggy game. I guess.

Well absolutely fantastic new hack displayed!!!!! The screenies looks amazing !!!!
Emerald hacks are always awesome,but this one look really cool!!!

Thanks! Emerald hacks are always awesome to me. Spherical Ice's Gaia is the only one I've enjoyed as a FireRed hack. Haha!

Wow! This looks really nice! I love the tiles you're using.
I look forward to seeing how this develops!

A few things:
cZWHiLA.png

It should say: "Let's see who's stronger of the two of us! ..."
It's a bit awkward anyway so maybe you could reword it? Something like "Let's see which of us is stronger!"

6sdpH7u.png

Should say: "So be it!" The comma is unnecessary.

:)

Thanks! Oh? I'm glad that you have noticed some of my grammatical errors and also thanks for it! I will change those lines and remove that comma (I also hope you will be able to spot some when I released the game). :)

Wow! I can't believe that I've answered to twenty-three posts. I bet that this is my longest post ever! Haha! I'd rather limit myself from keep posting and posting, and just post when I'm going to update stuff.

I don't know how should I make you guys motivated. But anyway, there will be more updates to come! I'd like to prove "rearranged music" now. And thus, an update! Here are some DS music I have remixed into GBA style which are now in the game:

Route 19 Theme ~ Spring

Route 22 Theme ~ Spring

Dreamyard Theme

There are some more I have done by now but I don't like to spoil everyone too much,

Enjoy!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I don't know how should I make you guys motivated. But anyway, there will be more updates to come! I'd like to prove "rearranged music" now. And thus, an update! Here are some DS music I have remixed into GBA style which are now in the game:

Route 19 Theme ~ Spring

Route 22 Theme ~ Spring

Dreamyard Theme

There are some more I have done by now but I don't like to spoil everyone too much,

Enjoy!

Giving it a little listen, and I have to say, that's some music there! Can't wait for more previews :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
The music is amazing. I loved BW music and to have it here remixed is awesome. Honestly it's great seeing this much done with emerald since fire red hacks get the most love

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 25, 2016
This looks good definitely looking forward to the release. But I'm starting to doubt in game grammar... :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
This looks interesting. I like the graphics and the story. Definitely going to keep an eye on this.

Thanks!

Giving it a little listen, and I have to say, that's some music there! Can't wait for more previews :)

Thanks for listening to them! Gonna upload more soon as you wish. :)

Thread bookmarked.

Definitely going to be playing this upon final release, that's for damn sure!

Thanks! I know you're gonna enjoy it!

The music is amazing. I loved BW music and to have it here remixed is awesome. Honestly it's great seeing this much done with emerald since fire red hacks get the most love

Thanks for noticing the music! Yeah! I'm trying my best for Emerald! Woo! :D

This looks very promsing! Looking forward to playing a 721 hack.

Thanks! That will be a 721 for you! :D

I hope that it will not be abandoned like the other hacks out there. I am sooo gonna keep an eye out for this! Good Luck!

Thanks! It will not be abandoned. It is just a matter of time working on this. :)

This looks good definitely looking forward to the release. But I'm starting to doubt in game grammar... :/

Thanks! Well, gonna fix my grammars. :/

look great
bookmarked

Thanks!

Thank you guys again for the support! Anyway, while the progress is still little and during the work, Chaos Rush informed me about letting me use a certain title. As he gave me the freedom and without a further ado, I have renamed my hack as Dark Crystal~ I've changed heart about this because there are some alterations in the story so, the new and improved story will be that solid and catchy. If you seek more answers, that will be in the near future, no to spoilers! Alright! Here are some advancing screenshots you may want to see in this new renamed hack:

9N7tI7E.png
p6ZRoKf.png
XEEqaHI.gif

jgEHBWi.png
ZiZeTYr.png
3Gn0Ibf.png

ZJgZ2Va.png
5PvoCeq.png
laiE2Ea.png

Credits to KDS for his awesome Damage Reduction Berries implementation originally for FireRed and I also have implemented this on Emerald. I haven't been hacking for a few weeks. I'm busy with some other stuff I'm handling. But anyway, the progress for the first BETA is going smooth and complete. I might be able to release BETA 1 within October. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Years
you know, I don't usually play incomplete hacks but the new title - dark crystal - caught my attention. I was just going to read about the story and features and leave it at that, but the features of 721 pokemon, all the moves and abilities from gen 6 and especially the mega evolutions made me instantly like this hack. I can't wait for the first beta release. The new screenshots and the music are just amazing. I believe that this hack has the potential to be one of the best ever (and I've played some of the most amazing hacks out there). Keep up the good work and never give up on it. Looking forward for more updates.

marcc5m

what
Years
DON'T ADVERTISE THIS GAME somewhere else except Pokecommunity.com and PokemonHackersOnline.com, and also except banners on your signatures but only inside the given exceptions. Those exceptions will only show information about this game. If I have seen a summary of this in Bulbapedia and any other sites, before you do, don't. Sharing (especially if this game is in an actual rom) is fine but keep it as secret as possible to avoid copywritting, BUT don't upload the actual rom in any downloading sites.

Does this mean that when the hack comes out, we can't record it for Youtube?

Anyway, looks good so far from what I can see, keep it up :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

I don't want to speak for Sky High, but I think the quote means not to post the game on sites like Reddit (while claiming the game as your own). At least, that's my interpretation.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
you know, I don't usually play incomplete hacks but the new title - dark crystal - caught my attention. I was just going to read about the story and features and leave it at that, but the features of 721 pokemon, all the moves and abilities from gen 6 and especially the mega evolutions made me instantly like this hack. I can't wait for the first beta release. The new screenshots and the music are just amazing. I believe that this hack has the potential to be one of the best ever (and I've played some of the most amazing hacks out there). Keep up the good work and never give up on it. Looking forward for more updates.

Thanks!

I don't want to speak for Sky High, but I think the quote means not to post the game on sites like Reddit (while claiming the game as your own). At least, that's my interpretation.

Sure, sure. You are free to record and make videos about this game. It is now fine to me that my game/hack is advertised. Well, I've changed notes now about it.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Oh my god is this a dream I hope that this hack gets done as soon as possible everything about it so far got me HYPED!!!!!!!!! (DAMN SON) anyway i hope it doesn't get abandoned as it seems this hack is getting a lot of love maybe a little too much let's be honest here but yeah

Best of luck Sky High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back