• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [BETA 1 Available] Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Pokémon: Next Generation
Things have changed. You are about to find out.

Before we start...
LOOK at the updates in this post regularly. One big update is currently showcased.

Introduction
Good way to say hi?

Hello and welcome to the PokéCommunity thread of ROMhack Pokémon: Next Generation.
I'm about to tell you some technical details, so here I go...

Technical details
Oh, I can't play the game! Help! I used Emerald ROM to patch...

Base ROM: Pokémon FireRed (not provided)
Distribution format: IPS
Beta availability: None yet
Stage of completion: 15% (but beta 1 is enough for now, isn't it?)
That's all folks!

Development
And this was the beginning...

So the ROMhack was first time introduced in early 2006 and had some hiatuses. I thought that FireRed, the original base for the ROMhack, was too hard to hack, but as my hacking skills grew up, I developed it quietly and then asked for thread reopening. But in the last quarter of 2006, the time of expected release, I experienced some glitches and fatal errors while hacking and I was forced to reset the development. I've started with less common base, LeafGreen and started to think more global. Now I have new ideas for whole region design and new concept of beginning. My good friend Christos helped me with making the script. I had an idea, he has excellent scripting skills and so. Now, we stand here and read this thread. Current stage of development is under a secret but don't worry, I'll inform you about any cool new stuff I and all good folks in RHAInc. put in.

Storyline
What all this is about?

You're a kid from Kanto. You think now: Ahh, again boring Pallet town. No, no. It became important national research center. You will be able to find out.
Kanto has changed. A few years before, all evil teams from the Pokémon nation - Aqua, Magma, Rocket - united into one team - Team Shade. They distorted whole Kanto and first two cities of Johto were connected to the destroyed region. Yeah, two of Johto. You'll be able to explore them. Some citizens of Kanto, Newbark town and Port Cherrygrove created the National Guard Union and started to fight the villains. Now, Kanto has whole new look, new set of islands (not Sevii ones, those sank into the cold waters of Blue sea) appeared and new cities were built. You can look forward ;)

Features
At least one interesting thing :D

• Heavy edit of region (I just don't like the new region idea in NG)
  • Fake implementation of Dive
  • New set of islands caled Tetra islands (Kito, Min, Disa, Varia)
  • New Gym leaders, Gym types, whole new set of badges
  • New concept of beginning
  • Two cities from Johto, new routes, cities and places
  • And so on...
He, people, look at this redesigned map!
kanto.png

Team
Self-explaining

All good folks from RHA Inc.

Screenshots
We're bored. Show us some stuff!

First I want to thank Christos for one very nice tile you will see in second screenshot.
Then I want to announce a noticeable change: PALLETE COLOURS are CHANGED.
Be nice, be more natural, be GREEN! So I added more green-ish look and more natural colours.
The old screenshots, only for reference, are in spoiler under the new ones.

NG_04-1.png
NG_01-1.png
NG_02.png
NG_03-1.png

Spoiler:

Remember that those screenshots don't show full potential of the game. Don't forget that everything there has some reason.

A little present for you all

I'm glad that I could present this hack to people on PokéCommunity and I want to give you a present: A couple of userbars.

One for supporters, one for players - use recommended when beta or full game will be available and one for certified beta testers. I'm preparing a competition for testers so I'll certify more testers as it will be over.

So, here they are:
support.gif

player.gif

NG Beta Tester Bar Deleted. Cannot be used by public, you'll need permission - beta tester certification. Certified people are: Christos, Zak1392 and Don Patch. For more information about testing wait a week-two and then try to apply in the competition.

This is the end. I'll appreciate any comment. So have fun. See ya!

Matt

P.S: Watch this post ;)

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Back again, YAY! I can't wait to see more Matt. I loved the previous, and I knew you was coming out with another thread. I just couldn't wait. I'm patient and all, but just love the hack. Good luck to you buddy! Go Next Generation!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Ahh thanks. BTW the starter will be Eevee but I want to make player able to obtain all three starters. I think Eevee is the best choice becaus of variety of evolutions and so. There will be only one possibility to choose evolution stone. So it'll be more interesting.

Matt

bigbob88

Dragonite Fan
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2007
So I take it you can only get the three original evolutions, if you get one point to choose a stone?? Meaning you cant get umbreon or espeon?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
The evolution type for the Pokémon you mentioned above will be chnged to sun and moon stone. Don't worry, I think about every thing I am going to do ;) This won't be a piece of crap :D Have fun!

Matt

bigbob88

Dragonite Fan
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2007
Ahh nice one!! This looks like its gonna be one hell of a hack!! Cant wait for more screens!! Good luck with it!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Sounds interesting Matt!.Good luck with your hack, and don't give up - it sure has potential. Just love the idea Kanto (and parts of Johto) in the not-too-distant-future (and i right?), and all the evil teams joining (hmm...who's gonna be their boss, and what's their objection...can't wait to find out!), and, well, just the idea and screens is good! Hope to see Kanto completely changed, with cities becoming bigger, and some decaying, and just new parts of Kanto and the Tetra islands...it's great!! :D Hope to hear more of this. ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey there Matt! (I wonder why I got used to your previous nick "Sugimori"?), nice to see the return of NG. I was disappointed when it abruptly died back then, but now I'm happy and with renewed hopes for it once again :D, because it's nice to see hacks that involve Kanto, but with new stuff. And, what about Oak... I don't remember what you did with him in the previous versions, but what about him now?

I wonder how much has it changed from the previous Beta...

Hack of Leaf Green? Ouch... I'm so used to FR, guess I'll start searching the web again... Anything for this hack... Good luck with it, once again!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
YAY!!! IT'S BACK!! I hope this one doesn't get slaughtered...

Eevee seems to be a common choice for starters. I know it's because of the capabillities, but still...

Ignore me. It looks awesome!! Good luck!

Years
Glad to see you revived it. I never really looked at it before, just glanced at the thread, but I see I have missed out.

Anyway, you are doing a nice job with the default LeafGreen tileset. It is very rare that I see someone actually use the tree shadows right! There are some errors, though.

ng012cn.png

Keep up the excellent work.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Oh thank you Don Patch, you have a talent for finding map errors, I think you will have place as a beta tester ;)

Now for other questions:

Sounds interesting Matt!.Good luck with your hack, and don't give up - it sure has potential. Just love the idea Kanto (and parts of Johto) in the not-too-distant-future (and i right?), and all the evil teams joining (hmm...who's gonna be their boss, and what's their objection...can't wait to find out!), and, well, just the idea and screens is good! Hope to see Kanto completely changed, with cities becoming bigger, and some decaying, and just new parts of Kanto and the Tetra islands...it's great!! :D Hope to hear more of this. ;)

You're right, it will be not-too-distant-future. And thank you for nice comment. By the way, I'll soon post my sketch of NG Kanto or complete map made in Paint or so... It'll be in the first post.

Hey there Matt! (I wonder why I got used to your previous nick "Sugimori"?), nice to see the return of NG. I was disappointed when it abruptly died back then, but now I'm happy and with renewed hopes for it once again :D, because it's nice to see hacks that involve Kanto, but with new stuff. And, what about Oak... I don't remember what you did with him in the previous versions, but what about him now?

I wonder how much has it changed from the previous Beta...

Hack of Leaf Green? Ouch... I'm so used to FR, guess I'll start searching the web again... Anything for this hack... Good luck with it, once again!

Oak will be still in Pallet, in the Research center as an advisor. I think he won't have any special function. And he will be older, he will also look older.

And I chose LG because of fact that it's not so common and it looks forgotten to people so I try to bring it back to its former glory. And I think that if you have FR you won't need to search the web. You'll soon see.

YAY!!! IT'S BACK!! I hope this one doesn't get slaughtered...

Eevee seems to be a common choice for starters. I know it's because of the capabillities, but still...

Ignore me. It looks awesome!! Good luck!

Thanks for cheering, dude. And about Eevee, it'll be starter because of its capability. I just like it. And did I say that you will be able to catch all Kanto and Johto starters? If not, sory. If yes, that's the reason. I think that it's good to try with the normal one. And it doesn't matter, you don't need any advantage because the first gym will be normal-type.

And all others, thanks for cheering too! See ya!

Matt

EDIT: Here's the map of NG Kanto:
Kanto-Map.png

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Who said that was 70 years? If you mean the map, the evil team used legendaries, but citizens restored Kanto very quickly. It may be around 7 years. So, that's the answer.

Matt

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Whoops, wrong thread. I guess this got meshed in my mind with some other thread...sorry for the confusion!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Thanks for cheering, dude. And about Eevee, it'll be starter because of its capability. I just like it. And did I say that you will be able to catch all Kanto and Johto starters? If not, sory. If yes, that's the reason. I think that it's good to try with the normal one. And it doesn't matter, you don't need any advantage because the first gym will be normal-type.

And all others, thanks for cheering too! See ya!

Matt

Kanto-Map.png

Eevee is starter, huh? That sounds great! :D And who would've thought Kanto could change so much in a few years! It must be global warming! :P Anyways, good job, and keep it up. ;)

Years
Oh thank you Don Patch, you have a talent for finding map errors, I think you will have place as a beta tester ;)

Kanto-Map.png

[/I]

No thanks (If your offering). I have my own hack to work on. *COUGH*EmberOrange*COUGH*

Anyway, cool region map. But I have to ask, how do you get to the island? Boat?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
No thanks (If your offering). I have my own hack to work on. *COUGH*EmberOrange*COUGH*

Anyway, cool region map. But I have to ask, how do you get to the island? Boat?

I meant that you can be one of first people to try and give some feedback. But if you change your mind, the copy of NG will be waiting for you.

And about island. I'll spoil the explanation for people who don't want to know the story.

Spoiler:

So this was the mystery .

And for you Goku Goku, that wasn't global warming :D.
Again spoiling:

Spoiler:

And for you furrypaws, isn't the deletion of the post easier? But that doesn't matter. At least you looked around my thread ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back