• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [BETA 1 Available] Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • It was a nice preview Matt, nice maps and it was an interesting start for a pokemon game. Even though a bit short, that's what a preview is about...

Hey, I just have a question, don't know if it's something you forgot about. There's a signpost where those people close to the rock are... Ehhmmm, is that signpost supposed to be there in the "real" game?, because you forgot to assign text to it.
    Also, there are a few problems with movement permissions here and there, make your testers work to spot all of them... :P

Well, keep up the good work, Matt.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
  • Hi Matt, I just played the beta and it is awesome!!! Keep up the great work. I got to the mew event and ran out of balls trying to catch a totodile! I know you can't get anymore either. I think that is a good idea though because it adds to the challenge! Like i said its really great! Can't wait to see more!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Oh, there is still problem with the signpost? I'm sorry, I forgot to put the script. And the movement permissions... :( I have talent to forget many things :D But if the preview was from the post on the page 3, re-download the fixed beta from 1st post. And the signpost won't be there, I was just lazy to do around 10 dialog scripts for a preview. There will be a BIG dispute and maybe a street fight with TEAM SHADE *evil grin* - I just wanted to show the bad guys what will be done to these who destroy MY REGION! :D :D And please all, are you sure that all those errors appear in the first post's beta? I will fix them as soon s possible or I will add them as known issues and fix these in further preview releases.

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • This hack is really nice! Your tiles are very nice, so colourful. The titlescreen is really nice as well, you definetly took your time and made this one great, nice work.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Thank you for cheers, Hiidoran. And for all of you, I did a very little progress since the beta, I have only mapped the Route 2 Viridian Plains. The next stop: Pewter City!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2008
    i don't know if someone already said it, but in the woods, you can walk over some trees... Tose trees are close to a big rock/mountain...

However, the beta is pretty cool...

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Known issue, dude. And please tell me, did you try the beta from the first post?

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • The look and feel of this game is great. The beta was pretty small but still got a good look at it and thought you have a really promising hack going on. Could you tell me where you plan the next beta going up to?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I think you will be able to go to the new town, again, only two more towns and two more routes. And one HM obtaining, of course. And did you notice that there is no rival? He might appear, but I won't tell you where.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • Im liking the sound of the storyline so far, i like how you get your starter pokemon and just the routes and towns have a nice feel to them. I hope this continues when you come to pewter city. So can you tell us if its just going to be one rival we have? How long do you reckon till the next beta comes out?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Oh, maybe three weeks... I don't know. And there will be whole bunch of rivals! One you choose, and one evil team, around 20 rivals you battle, and 20 you speak to!

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • Nice, i like lots of rivals to battle and stuff. Really adds to the storyline! As for the mapping so far, pretty impressive! In the forest is it just going to be pikachu or are you going to put others such as bug pokemon? Is the mew going to be used more than once during this game or is that all you will see of it? Sorry if these questions have already been asked!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Okay, I'll answer the questions and say sad announcement...

NO, in the forest are only PIKACHUs, it's the final look of the forest.
    Then, MEW is the main entity of the storyline. You will see it and even dream about it.

Now the announcement:
    I think there's no point of making a hack if you are getting bored with its developing. You just need a BIG PAUSE. I am in this situation. So I've decided to put this hack on a HIATUS. Don't worry, this project will be 100% finished, but maybe the next year. Now, I'm going with my buddies of RHA Inc. to make a GSC remake! Authenticity and everything else included. So please check this thread once a month for ocassional updates of NG. I've finished the Pewter city mapping, so I'll post some screenshots when I make some scripting etc. and in the next two months there will be Beta 2 available. So don't worry, project cancellation isn't my goal ;)

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • Sad to hear that you are getting bored of developing this promising hack, but still happy that you will still continue this even if its at a slow pace. Will the GSC remake be posted on this site then?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Of course it will be. New Bark almost complete. But because this thread is only about NG, I must tell something about it. You will have to save Mew. In the story.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The thread has been dead for more than a month. Please do not revive such threads.

-closed-
    [BETA 1 Available] Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back