• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [BETA 1 Available] Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    How about adding Dark City on your way after going to Cinnabar Iceberg?

You can find many stuff to put in the game that were in the anime but not in the games.

Bulbapedia said:
    Dark City is located in between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island in the anime, it does not appear in any of the games.

In episode 42 the city was the center of a battle between two unoffical Pokémon gyms. The Yas Gym and the Kas Gym both competed to be the gym of Dark City. The Yas Gym mainly used a Scyther and the Kas Gym used an Electabuzz. Ash and his friends worked together to stop the feud between the two gyms, and eventually they agreed to work together to rebuilt the town they had destroyed in their fighting.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Good idea. Fortunately I've seen the episode ^^ so I know what to do. Ohh, nice idea of many street battles between the two gyms... And a nice tileset.... Aww..... I love the idea. It will be there!

Yes, it's good to put in some extra anime stuff, but don't forget that Kanto was distorted. So everything will be redone. Or at least slightly changed. Thanks for great idea, Christos!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Hi!

BIG BIG BIG UPDATE!

Check the first post. I have redesigned the map and changed pallettes and so. And a story, too. There will be only 1 set of legendaries making this mess with Kanto. ...I have to go, but soon I'll update. See ya!

Matt

Chaotix

Love to test
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2020
    Keep working on this one, it looks ALOT different for the place to still be kanto.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I like the look of the palettes, may not present a noticeable difference with the originals, but still, looks "natural", as you said. Good luck destroying Kanto maps, jojo!

Good luck to you and the team helping you with ideas, etc.

Oh! And I'm still wondering about this New concept of beginning of yours... XD

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Good Idea, I can't really see how you're supposed to get to them islands at the bottom, because you'll have to surf a long way there and I'm sure you'll put obstacles to make is so hard, ride a boat or change the boat into a plane or there's a secret passage that you can enter under a town that leads all the way there.

Keep it up.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Umm... NG is dead.
    I cannot continue due to many reasons...

NO!
    That was a joke, people.
    I'm here to show you new box art which I've made yesterday. I know it needs to be improved, but take it as a box art for beta :D

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Thanks! BTW I've completed pallette editing so far, so now I can go to the mapping process. Yippeee!

NOW SCREENSHOT TIME!
    New titlescreen
    [BETA 1 Available] Pokémon: Next Generation

Route 2 - Viridian Plains

Redesign of Viridian

New Pewter City

This project is now led by a new group: Rom-hackers Alpha Inc. led by me and Christos and a group of quite skilled hackers. If you consider yourself as one, try it. And intro will change too (that RHNG) and don't forget first post.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Mew? I know, it's bit too dark, but it's only a concept prepared for beta 1. So don't worry. BTW it was my first try to change LeafGreen's titlescreen with a tutorial for FireRed :D

EDIT: Okay, development reset. Changing codebase back to FireRed. Don't worry, in the end of week will be everything almost like before (I add some stuff to the old maps)

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Screeshot time! I've redesigned the first two towns, Pallet Forest, and the first route. I've changed some palletes and graphics, and I want to show the titlescreen of NG officially.
    So...

Titlescreen

Pallet

Route 1

Viridian

Pallet Forest, revamped Crystal Pikachu

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The titlescreen looks really nice.

The screenshots are great, what's with that rock in the 4th screenshot in Viridian? Is anything special going to happen with that in the game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back