• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [BETA 1 Available] Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I'm starting to think this ain't Kanto, and more of a new region just full of suprises! :shocked: I can't wait to hear more about this hack, and please show us some screenies! ;X

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Soon, my friend. Soon. Screenshots are coming...

:D

And this is Kanto with MANY MANY changes. So.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • eww i was liking the thread until you mentioned the cluttering of all the legendaries. what a way to ruin a good-looking hack plot.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    What? Why do you think so. And that's not complete storyline. If you cannot wait, you should look into the spoiler.
    Spoiler:

Satisfied?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Sounds good. Really you're the one holding it, so whatever you do, it's your decision where you want this hack to go. It's going well - hope it lasts. :)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • no, you don't understand what i meant. you're using more than one set of legendaries for one region. i, personally, think that is the worst thing you could do.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    So, there will be only one set of legendaries obtainable. Those legends were taken back to their places. It seems like you don't like it. Am I right?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    This is a game i've been looking forwards to but i've yet to see it released

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    Looks like a good game.Hope you fix all the bugs and stuff before the beta>

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Hey I have something for you! A message! Screenshots will be here in a quite short time, very soon! Have fun!

Matt

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • OK, then. We'll be waiting... ;)

Hey, what would happen to Cinnabar Island?, I remember you made it an Icy Place last time, so... That would still be in the hack now? (In my opinion, it was quite cool back then!)
    And, I also remember you put music from R/S/E into that map too. So, would there be some different music for the hack?

That's all from me. Good luck!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Thanks for comment, zel. You're absolutely right. The place is still icy. And there will be music from RS, too. Don't worry, you'll soon get some screenshots, but I was busy - school etc. so I hope it will go faster. Expect some screenshots soon!

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Sounds cool. I know that place will be filled with nice things! (Yes, I am feeling very punny at the moment. :D)

I have a question (:O). Will there be pokemon adaptations? What I mean is, if the land has been torn apart, that means the poor little pokes' habitats were mauled also. So, according to Charles Darwin's theory of Survival of the Fittest, they must adapt to their new surroundings, or they will die. Not all of them need to change, but still...

Also, what's going to happen with the Sevii islands?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Read this post!

Answer to Furrypaws16's question:

I'll think about Pokémon habitats, and now...

BIG UPDATE
    Not a screenshot, but a map of Tetra (means in Latin "four") Islands Archipelago. It's new set of islands, only four (Five, but only four inhabited and the fifth one is secret), but good enough. Map: (the colours and textbox are fake :P)
    [BETA 1 Available] Pokémon: Next Generation

Now about islands:

Varia Island is the island of wealth. There will be a department store for whole Kanto/Tetra and Pokédex Upgrade center (hopefully). It'll be the only island you'll get to while exploring new Kanto.

Kito Island will (hopefully) have Communication center. Kito Island will be the one of two places with fake implementing of Dive. I hope it'll be possible. You'll see underwater ruins of one Sevii Island (I have to choose one. Maybe I'll add a poll). The answer for Furry's question :P is that Sevii archipelago now lies on the ocean floor. Inhabitants of those islands built up on four new islands or they came to Pewter city (now one of biggest cities of Kanto).

Disa Island will have Trainer tower. Short description, isn't it? :D

Min Island is an island with Wireless game corner and a special thing. There will be one unlockable. You will have to get a certain number of Pokémon (122 at least, I think) to unlock it. Then you will get to the secret place from the oldest version of NG, from Beta 1. It will be situated on the twin island of Min. It will be somehow connected, but this is only early version of map. People who know what's that place, don't tell. People who don't, look into the oldest thread, it has to be somewhere there. No screenshots (I think that all have been deleted, but maybe...) of it, sadly. Until next time, have fun!

Matt

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2007
    just an idea and i've yet to see it done but since your resculpting kanto and all if mewtwo is going to take a place in the story, you should make blaine play a role in the story like he did in the manga just an idea thanks

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Hey, good idea. But I didn't read manga, so if you can tell me, maybe I should think about it. But don't forget that Cinnabar is now completely icy. Even a gym has a new leader with ice Pokémon. And now... I want to tell why I won't change the concept to WHOLE NEW REGION (OMG OMG OMG) thing. Because when you're thrown into the world, you still should see familiar faces. Like Oak. I know that you can have reason, but I like the idea of people to unite against evil and restore the region. Anyone, do you have comments? And how do you like new map? ^_^

Have fun!

Matt

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I know it's an archipielago, but... At least one of the islands could be a bit bigger, to put a few extra places in there. Because, I don't think you could put much stuff in there (If you make them bigger you could put, let's say, a mountain for example). Just a simple suggestion to increase your creativity. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2007
    it would play right in with the story because, and someone do correct me if im wrong but i think blaine left the to look for mewtwo in the manga because i know that he was a scientist involved in making him for better refrence though you might wanna go to the manga section of the site lol

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Hey people, thanks for comments. I'll try to improve things soon, but now I don't have much time, so you should expect screens later in the week. Have fun!

Matt

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back