• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
    Just wanted to say that New Year will be on monday! woot!

This means it'll be 12 am on the 1st of January in the year 2023. Also... New floor! I'll make a post about it soon. No one can enter that floor until I say so because I have a little surprise not even the other GM's know about! c: yeah, be afraid guys

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
    Hello there!, I'm fairly new here but I love to RP... I was wondering if this RP was still in the business of accepting new characters? I saw nothing on the OP or the title to say otherwise... though I of course might have missed something.

If you're still accepting then I'd love to join! If not, well then too bad for me I suppose. ^-^''

Hello there!, I'm fairly new here but I love to RP... I was wondering if this RP was still in the business of accepting new characters? I saw nothing on the OP or the title to say otherwise... though I of course might have missed something.

If you're still accepting then I'd love to join! If not, well then too bad for me I suppose. ^-^''

Jay

Years
    Ahh that's great to hear! In that case I'll get to work on my character effective immediately. I should have it by the end of today... or sometime tomorrow, depending on how motivated I feel to write. ^-^

Jay

Years
    VANISH

All done!

«Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Real Life Name:
    Kyusai Yūgure Oshoku
    "The pleasure is all yours I'm sure."

In-game name:
    Vanish
    "Don't you find it cool and mysterious? Haha, I think it is... can't you just play along for my sake?

"Try to contain yourselves... I know my attractive masculinity is hard to resist."

"I think you'll find I'm better than you regardless of numbers... though that ain't hard looking at you, neh?"

Japan
    "Viva la Nippon! Ya~hoo!"

PK'er
    "What's that? EH?! They die outside the game too?... Heh... Hehahaha! Ya~hey! Suddenly this game is worth playing you know? They'll all really die... that makes all of these reactions so much more interesting!"

Appearance:
    IRL:

"Not too shabby eh? I've got the charm to match the looks you know?"

IG:
    Top and Bottom Images
    "What's wrong with modelling things after perfection?"

Personality:​
    Spoiler:

History:​
    Spoiler:

Skills:​
    - One Handed Dagger (Kyusai uses a vicious serrated dagger as his primary weapon, it's designed to pull at flesh and cause torment.)

- Blade Throwing (Kyusai keeps a number of throwing daggers on him at all times, one of the few players gifted with a natural talent in this skill, Kyusai is capable of using his throwing daggers to parry at an extended distance.)

- Musical Instrument (Kyusai plays the Harmonica, he has a rare and expensive harmonica that often tends to surprise, after all Kyusai hardly seems the musical type.)

- Parry (Kyusai is masterful at parrying despite having small short range weapons, he uses the serrated edge of his dagger to catch and forcefully toss his opponents swings off course. So accurate is he in fact, that he is capable of using his throwing daggers to parry from an extended distance, by throwing one of his daggers with precise timing and pinpoint precision he can knock distant opponents sword's off balance... often leaving them surprised and open for a counter attack.)
    "I'm known for being good at killing y'know? The best killers are always a little bit... hmm... inventive with their method's, wouldn't you agree?"

Sword arts:​
    ~ Shatter-point:
    Description:

Activated by the user throwing their throwing blade in the air and catching it in the opposite hand, the blade will glow a pale grey color before the user quickly throws it towards an opponent. This sword art is incredibly quick and accurate and is often compared to a bullet in it's efficiency. As a downside, the attack must be used on an opponents legs at knee level or lower, if aimed anywhere else the art will fail and the dagger will fall harmlessly to the ground halfway before reaching its intended mark. If the attack hit higher it would presumably do much more damage, alas this is not the case. Kyusai as a result uses this attack to cripple faster opponents, rather than as a means of actually doing major damage.

Required Stance:
    Throwing blade must be tossed into the air and caught perfectly at the hilt in the user's other hand.

Effect:

On user:
    + Speed Multiplier on attack X3.0
    + Attack Ignores Armor
    - 2 Minute Cooldown

On opponent:
    ~ Physical Attack
    ~ Ranged projectile attack
    - Does Piercing Damage
    - May lead to injury/crippling.
    + Can be parried
    + Can be blocked
    + Can be Delayed

"You know friend... I would have made this quicker if you didn't run away. Haa... baka, now you've gotta suffer a bit."

~ Indulgence:
    Description:

Activated by the user using their dagger type weapon to inflict damage upon themselves. The manner in which this is done is not entirely relevant, however Kyusai like to drag the blade roughly across his tongue... he chooses this method purely for the intimidation factor it carries. Upon use the daggers blade will glow a deep purple for 120 seconds. During this time the user's attacks with the glowing weapon will receive a 1.2X damage multiplier, as well as gaining the ability to pierce through 75% of an opponents armor bonuses. However, as a major draw back, the user's own armor stat will be reduced by 90% percent for the duration of the effect, making the user extremely vulnerable. This sword art does not affect the damage or qualities of other weapons used by the player. This sword art has a cooldown of exactly 20 minutes, making it only viably usable once per battle. The two minutes that pass during the sword arts duration do not count towards the moves cooldown, making the initial use of the move have an effective cooldown of 22 minutes.

Required Stance: Player must deal damage to themselves equal to 10% of their total HP using a dagger type weapon. No other specifics are required.

Effect:

On user:
    ~ Altered State Lasts for 2 Minutes.
    + Damage Multiplier x1.2 on all attacks with used weapon for duration of effect.
    + Ignore 75% of opponents armor on all attacks with used weapon for duration of effect.
    - 90% of user's total armor stat is ignored for duration of effect
    - 20 Minute Cooldown
    - On use -10% Total Player HP.

On opponent:
    + Damage inflicted to user ignores ninety percent of users armor for the duration of the effect.
    - Damage taken from the user does 1.2X damage percentile.
    - Damage taken from the user ignores 75% of opponents armor.

"URUSAI!!! I'm sick of your ****, I'll tear you apart you worthless waste of life!"

Weapons:​

~ Licata - Dagger Class Weapon: Serrated edge allows for easier and improved parrying over other daggers.

~ Azazel's Fangs - Throwing Dagger Class Weapon: 10% chance to ignore 10% of an opponents armor on each successful hit. Can be used as melee daggers at the cost of 25% damage.

Armor & Other Equipment:​

~ Northern Tribe Jacket - Torso Armor: +25% resistance to cold, Customized by player = Vanish = Midnight Black Dye applied.

~ Basic Pants - Leg Armor: +5% Gold Drop Rate, Customized by player = Vanish = Midnight Black Dye applied.

~ Intricate Harmonica - Ultra Rare Item: Non-Combat Music Item: An old and intricate brass harmonica, it doesn't look to be anything too incredible but it produces beautiful music that inspires trust and comfort in others. Lowers prices with certain vendors and other NPCs when played.

Level:
    "If only players gave as much experience and drops as mobs do. Oh it's a rough and tough life for little old me! Hehaha..."

Other:
    In order to maintain a guise of trustworthiness among the normal members of SAO, Kyusai has never openly killed or attacked another innocent player outside of a safe zone. He has only ever attacked orange cursor players openly... and for the most part he only sleep kills or uses npc monsters and traps to deal with his green cursor victims. He goes to these lengths so that his own cursor might remain green, thus enabling him to easily fool and win the trust of more "heroic" and "innocent" players.
    "Thank God you came... you heard about that player whom was sleep killed last night, right? Well I found this orange player here... he admitted to the crime, he attacked me openly and I was forced to take him out. You see? I had no choice, it was self defense!... hehe."

Code:
    Link Start
    "Time to play everyone! Let's all try to have fun!

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
    I have yet to read your SU but I must say I already really like your character. Bonus for that we'll finally have a PK'er again Who I can give little errands muwahahha....

And the fact that you actually choose an Izaya appearence? Love it. Izaya would make the perfect PK'er indeed.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Huh, Izaya. His personality mirrors him to some extent, though I'll be hopeful and consider the rest as original content since I've yet to see x2 or read the Light Novel. It'd be a pretty big shame if I got spoilers in the most unconventional sense.

He reminds me of Godot in that he's something of his opposite. The latter wants to save people from the fear of death while the former delights in it. They seem like star-crossed rivals, and I'm interested to see how they'd interact.

Anyway, a few things.

First, this:

Kyusai like to drag the blade roughly across his tongue... it stings like hell

I don't have anything against the idea, but pain isn't registered that way in SAO. Generally, the only time pain is registered as pain is when the mind makes the pain real- which usually comes from shock. Using my character as a reference, there is one point where his leg is crushed by a boss, and in another instance he was hit in the unmentionables (both instances causing him to writhe in pain, though the former was more graphic. And serious). This isn't to say that pain isn't felt at all; rather, there is a strange, uncomfortable sensation that exists in its place to work as feedback. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Kyusai to delight in that feeling, though.

Second, and this is minor, but are you able to use apostrophe's? This isn't an insult, but rather a serious question, since I notice there are a bunch of instances where it should be but isn't used (generally "users" where it should be "user's", or the like).

Third, in regards to Licata, there is no "bleed" status- well, there isn't supposed to be. There isn't one that is able to be used or exploited by the player, at any rate.

Jay

Years
    Ooo? PK'er errands? Sounds evil and exciting, a dangerous and wonderful combination. >:D

To be honest I like to pick my face claims in order to match the type of character I'm writing. (it helps if I ever need an image of the character doing a certain thing in a certain way for whatever reason etc.) For Vanish, I wanted someone who:

A: Is more than willing to waste some lives to get what they want.

B: Takes pleasure in watching others frolic about in little games that he creates.

and C: Can play the role of a cold and callous manipulator.

Having recently watched the first season of Durarara (which is already one of my favorite animes of all time.)... and since I'm now planning to start watching the second season in the near future... I couldn't help but think that Izaya was the perfect face to use for this character.

Apart from Vanish being perhaps a little bit more insane and much more willing to get his hands dirty than Izaya is... I'd say it's a pretty perfect fit. ^-^

Edit:

@machomuu

To be honest... in regards to Izaya and Vanish's similarities, they were mostly pleasant coincidence. When you think about it, Izaya is a very well done example of it... but his character archetype isn't exactly entirely unique. Manipulator behind the scenes who delights in watching others react to various troubles that they cause. It's not a very common archetype, but it isn't really unique to Izaya either. I usually choose my images after the character is written you see, to pick somebody suitable (an image that gives the right sort of "feel" if you know what I mean) Izaya just seemed a fitting face to use.

In regards to the apostrophes, I'll be sure to go through and fix such things during the spell check which I will do shortly. Apologies if it was an eyesore but I'll admit that I was rushed in my typing due to excitement. This is my first roleplay in a while and I wanted to get a draft out as soon as possible to be touched up later.

In terms of lore based issues, in regards to things like bleeding and pain... eh... I actually really got sick of SAO after the first ten or so episodes. I adore the concept of SAO, thus my interest in this RP, and in the beginning the anime was great, but, well... when they started focusing too much on the over-done romance rather than the overall plot I rapidly lost interest.

For these reasons I was unsure about the pain mechanics... and I just assumed bleeding was a thing due to experience in other MMO's. I'll alter the profile accordingly now, thank you for pointing these issues out, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    To be honest... in regards to Izaya and Vanish's similarities, they were mostly pleasant coincidence. When you think about it, Izaya is a very well done example of it... but his character archetype isn't exactly entirely unique. Manipulator behind the scenes who delights in watching others react to various troubles that they cause. It's not a very common archetype, but it isn't really unique to Izaya either. I usually choose my images after the character is written you see, to pick somebody suitable (an image that gives the right sort of "feel" if you know what I mean) Izaya just seemed a fitting face to use.
    That makes sense enough. I was more worried that, since I'd only seen season 1 and nothing else, the character was based off of information about the character unveiled later and, as a result, I'd neither be able to be an accurate judge of what is original and what is Izaya and...on a selfish note, I'd be spoiled. But it's fine, I don't see anything wrong with the character, himself.

In regards to the apostrophes, I'll be sure to go through and fix such things during the spell check which I will do shortly. Apologies if it was an eyesore but I'll admit that I was rushed in my typing due to excitement. This is my first roleplay in a while and I wanted to get a draft out as soon as possible to be touched up later.
    Oh, don't worry, it's not a big problem, I just wanted to know if you were able to use apostrophes or not.

In terms of lore based issues, in regards to things like bleeding and pain... eh... I actually really got sick of SAO after the first ten or so episodes. I adore the concept of SAO, thus my interest in this RP, and in the beginning the anime was great, but, well... when they started focusing too much on the over-done romance rather than the overall plot I rapidly lost interest.

For these reasons I was unsure about the pain mechanics... and I just assumed bleeding was a thing due to experience in other MMO's. I'll alter the profile accordingly now, thank you for pointing these issues out, I appreciate it.
    You just completely reflected my feelings on the show and actually, we even stopped liking it around the same point. I did finish watching, but...

...Eh, anyway, the pain mechanics and status ailments aren't really explained in the show, they come from the LN, so it's not really your fault for not knowing.

Jay

Years
    That makes sense enough. I was more worried that, since I'd only seen season 1 and nothing else, the character was based off of information about the character unveiled later and, as a result, I'd neither be able to be an accurate judge of what is original and what is Izaya and...on a selfish note, I'd be spoiled. But it's fine, I don't see anything wrong with the character, himself.

Oh, I haven't watched anything more than the first season either, haha. So if I've somehow included a spoiler than I'll have spoiled myself as well.

You just completely reflected my feelings on the show and actually, we even stopped liking it around the same point. I did finish watching, but...

...Eh, anyway, the pain mechanics and status ailments aren't really explained in the show, they come from the LN, so it's not really your fault for not knowing.

Ahh I should have done some research into the topic before writing it down anyway, but it was that damned pre-roleplay impatience and excitement hindering me again.

Now then, I've touched up and fixed most, if not all, of the problems you mentioned I think. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. Thank you again for pointing those out, I wouldn't have wanted to keep such flaws in the SU after all.

Now I just have to write the history. ^-^''

Edit:

There we are, the history is done! Told by the character himself as well! (Don't worry though, all of the relevant information is there.)

Apologies if it's a bit dark, but he is initially a bad guy... and he is pretty insane... so it's only natural that he had a really messed up life before SAO. If there are any problems that need to be fixed then as always inform me and I will remedy them as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
    I didn't read everything yet but I'd like to clarify that blood status is something that exists within our SAO RP. It's just not common and players can't give it to each other on purpose. The bleeding status randomly appears instead of another status (paralysis for example) and sometimes randomly dissapears. It's like a glitch in the game. I'm keeping track on the characters with bleeding statusses and making sure no one is playing god and can suddenly heal these statusses.

That's all I wanted to say. I'll take a look at your SU tonight, however, I may not answer right away.

XxNaughtyxNickyxX

makyo's fab beauty
    Years
    never watched this before but i want to join cuz the concept sounds interesting so
    let me sit through and watch it so i know whats all going on then ill write up

Sapphire Rose

Years
    Deceptio Your SU is rather interesting. I'm just bothered by the fact that there's a second person from the Yukaza's here with their parents as leaders... The only difference is that his Yukaza's maffia is some sort of secret ninja village. You see. We have another player here with a backstory like that (without the parent killing). I know the Yukaza's are interesting but could you perhaps choose a different name for them....? Also, It's not possible for Vanish to have remained as a green player after sleep killing people. He'll have a red cursor because of that... though, if Vanish is that easy in gaining people's trust I don't think he has to worry about that, does he?

XxNaughtyxNickyxX of course ^^ feel free to write up a SAO whenever you feel like it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Deceptio Your SU is rather interesting. I'm just bothered by the fact that there's a second person from the Yukaza's here with their parents as leaders... The only difference is that his Yukaza's maffia is some sort of secret ninja village. You see. We have another player here with a backstory like that (without the parent killing). I know the Yukaza's are interesting but could you perhaps choose a different name for them....?
    Mmmm...is that really a problem? Ninjas and the Yakuza are vastly different, and in the case of the character named Yakuza, his parents are never established to be the leaders.

And considering this very likely takes place in our world, the Yakuza are a very noticeable Japanese gangster group that anyone can say "Oh, I've heard of them." The important thing to note as the Yakuza actually exist outside of the RP, and the Yakuza Clan was made for the RP and is mostly a namesake. I don't really think the two will conflict with each other, and I doubt they'll be confused with each other (and even if they are, it'd make for good in-game interactions).

But that's just my two cents.

Sapphire Rose

Years
    Hmm... Looking from your point of view, you might be right.

In that case he should only change what I said earlier. You can't be a green player after having sleeping killed people.

Back