• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
  • Hey guise, sorry I've had a little lapse in posting recently, haven't felt too well as of late. I ought to be back on track soon enough, and I'll try and post in the IC in a little bit.

I think I've kept up on reading the posts, but there's quite a lot to catch up on in writing. If Nirvana's back and taking loot that isn't rightfully his, though, any chance Turnip could be awesome and Boomeraxe something out of his hands?

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • True Epicness- You could try it but Nirvana killing Saito is part of the event d:

Is the box loot from the boss part of the event? I would figure that Turnip would go for the box, considering it's rightfully someone else's loot.

Also, just thinking on Boomeraxe's return physics - I would assume that it can't really be caught, as such. Catching the handle mid-flight is probably pretty difficult, but if someone did grab it correctly, would they not be able to get a hold? Or would they be pulled along by Boomeraxe's will to return, spinning around like a ragdoll? I can imagine it being hilarious if someone tried to catch it, then was flung in a circle into a wall.
    One does not simply catch a Boomeraxe...

Also, Turnip killed one Sentinel during the fight, and I awarded one percent :p should I make the change to the previous post?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Is the box loot from the boss part of the event? I would figure that Turnip would go for the box, considering it's rightfully someone else's loot.

Also, just thinking on Boomeraxe's return physics - I would assume that it can't really be caught, as such. Catching the handle mid-flight is probably pretty difficult, but if someone did grab it correctly, would they not be able to get a hold? Or would they be pulled along by Boomeraxe's will to return, spinning around like a ragdoll? I can imagine it being hilarious if someone tried to catch it, then was flung in a circle into a wall.
    One does not simply catch a Boomeraxe...

Also, Turnip killed one Sentinel during the fight, and I awarded one percent :p should I make the change to the previous post?
    The box is the boss loot, and it was originally handed to Kagome.

Just so you know, Phoenix is already there and talking with Nirvana about giving the box back.

As for the Boomeraxe, I imagine catching it mid-flight you'd have a decent chance of accidentally grabbing the blade and temporarily losing a hand or something. However, if it was caught safely, I imagine the catcher's weight would stop the Boomeraxe's return and spinning, though not without upsetting the catcher's balance. Unless, of course, the catcher is very muscular or heavy-set, in which case, the thing could be caught with little to no repercussion.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Look, you should ask Colony if you want any interactions with him ^^; the only thing I told him is that he was allowed to steal the box if he wanted to.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • As for the Boomeraxe, I imagine catching it mid-flight you'd have a decent chance of accidentally grabbing the blade and temporarily losing a hand or something. However, if it was caught safely, I imagine the catcher's weight would stop the Boomeraxe's return and spinning, though not without upsetting the catcher's balance. Unless, of course, the catcher is very muscular or heavy-set, in which case, the thing could be caught with little to no repercussion.

I think that's more-or-less what I was questioning; Boomeraxe doesn't seem like a thrown axe that simply relies on coincidence in order to arc back towards the thrower. As the description goes, Boomeraxe "returns to the users hand when thrown". What lengths would it go to to return? The enchanted axe that inspired Boomeraxe, from Baldur's Gate, just stays in character's weapon slot. The return/catching mechanics aren't entirely decided, but I always thought of Boomeraxe as having a strong will to return to the player who throws it.

I'm up for interactions, just know that the Nightmare side of Nirvana doesn't handle demands very well.

Hehehe, indeed he doesn't ;) I don't know how you feel about - Boomeraxe, out of ****ing nowhere! - hitting the box out of Nightmare's hands.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Chucklelucifer- monster drop rates… they drop something once in a while. You have 24% on finding what you're looking for. Recipes to forge can be found in stores, you can learn basic recipes on level 14. If you tell me what you're looking for then I'll tell you which monster drops it. I am currently creating a list of monsters on the second floor because we didn't have one for the first floor. The first floor monsters are Wolves, Spiders, Swines and bats (someone correct me if I forgot something)

Good, so I will first buy a weapon recipe and then go looking for the drops. So what do I need to make a basic weapon preferably a katana?

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • I think it would be more interesting if instead of knocking the box out of his hand, you knocked the teleportation crystal out of his hand. After all, the only thing keeping him from using it is that he doesn't feel threatened. Nirvana has already seen the Boomeraxe in use, so I would imagine it wouldn't be too absurd that he would expect/dodge a weapon that (I would assume) isn't moving faster than an arrow. Hmm, I'm already thinking of how to make this encounter with everyone more interesting, seeing how he I still want Nirvana to be viewed as a major villain.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • I think it would be more interesting if instead of knocking the box out of his hand, you knocked the teleportation crystal out of his hand. After all, the only thing keeping him from using it is that he doesn't feel threatened. Nirvana has already seen the Boomeraxe in use, so I would imagine it wouldn't be too absurd that he would expect/dodge a weapon that (I would assume) isn't moving faster than an arrow. Hmm, I'm already thinking of how to make this encounter with everyone more interesting, seeing how he I still want Nirvana to be viewed as a major villain.

Little known fact, Boomeraxe actually moves faster than the speed of light-

Ooh, that would be very conflictual indeed...

Considering positioning, Boomeraxe might be difficult to anticipate - Phoenix is basically right in front of Nightmare, so it may be difficult to see until it's quite close. Still, dodging is definitely an option - axes aren't exactly the epitome of speed...

I think I'll have Turnip "throw it at the things Nightmare is holding" or something - leaving it ambiguous for you to decide what gets hit, if anything at all.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • I could see it now. While trying to prevent the Boomeraxe from hitting the box it hits the crystal instead. That event could easily send Nirvana into hostile mode. Boss Fight: Round 2. Start!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • I could see it now. While trying to prevent the Boomeraxe from hitting the box it hits the crystal instead. That event could easily send Nirvana into hostile mode. Boss Fight: Round 2. Start!

It's all falling into place...! *steeples fingers and chuckles in a sinister way*

Welp, there goes the plan to have Phoenix return the box to Kagome ._____.

Eh, not necessarily. Methinks this is going to be a bit of a scramble - Phoenix could still get it from Nightmare.

Just for the record, too - how does Phoenix's name show up in-game? I don't know if at actually shows up as Phoenix, or Shiren, or 火の鳥 - but if it's the last one, Turnip's going to have to wait until she says something before he really refers to her in any way. This particular vegetable isn't well-versed in the languages of Asia. (P.S I assume it means Phoenix)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Eh, not necessarily. Methinks this is going to be a bit of a scramble - Phoenix could still get it from Nightmare.

Just for the record, too - how does Phoenix's name show up in-game? I don't know if at actually shows up as Phoenix, or Shiren, or 火の鳥 - but if it's the last one, Turnip's going to have to wait until she says something before he really refers to her in any way. This particular vegetable isn't well-versed in the languages of Asia. (P.S I assume it means Phoenix)
    I suppose, but at this point it'd be a snatch-match rather than Phoenix and Nirvana discussing the box's future.

It shows up as "火の鳥". It literally means "Bird of Flame" which is the closest (in my knowledge) to Phoenix as Japanese gets, if you don't count the Katakana. Fenikkusu!!

Back